Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got mine for 27k but unless you get scrappage it will be around 30/31k.

Called into Hyundai today just to have a look at one, none in stock and salesman said very hard to get now. They had only one in their sister garage, lovely wine colour. €31.5 on the road.

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Called into Hyundai today just to have a look at one, none in stock and salesman said very hard to get now. They had only one in their sister garage, lovely wine colour. €31.5 on the road.

Was quoted 30k (special offer at the time) for a white one about 4 months ago. Considering all the talk of what others have paid for new Ioniqs, and there's a facelift model on the horizon, i'd not fancy €31.5k.
    You could try get free servicing for the length of the warranty to try make it a bit more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    26. lafors - Ioniq BEV - - 181D
    27. squishey - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181D
    28. Ewan Hoosarmi - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 181?
    29. peaceboi - Ioniq BEV - Blazing Yellow - 171D
    30. irishgrover - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181 G
    31. fricatus - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181
    32. zg3409 - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue 171 G (Dublin area)
    33. BigAl81 - Ioniq BEV - White - 191-D
    34. Mighty Munster - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 191MH
    35. OffalyMedic- Ioniq BEV- Phantom Black- 181L (Laois)
    36. Casher - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 191WW
    37. iggy - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 191D
    38. Deegs - ioniq - polar white with groovy black roof wrap 191c
    39. shanemkelly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    40. PATMAC - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 191RN
    41. Fishy1 - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181W
    42. jjcahill78 - ioniq BEV - Fiery red - 191 CW
    43. relgoog - Ioniq BEV - Iron Grey - 182D
    44. Black_Knight - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171CE
    45. beanian - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 191D
    46. adunis - Ioniq BEV - White - 171L
    47. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - 192
    48. jusmeig - Ioniq BEV - 181D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

My old car is up for sale now. 181 Silver with 20K kms on it. It has a 5 year service pack and is spotless. The garage are looking for €29K. They are taking the piss with that though. They'll make a small profit at €27. ;)

https://wexfordcarcentre.nissan.ie/used-car/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto?destination=make=108

Was quoted 30k (special offer at the time) for a white one about 4 months ago. Considering all the talk of what others have paid for new Ioniqs, and there's a facelift model on the horizon, i'd not fancy €31.5k.
    You could try get free servicing for the length of the warranty to try make it a bit more appealing.

I’m going to go for a golf, I can have an 18 one home from the UK under 25k. Am just searching for one within 2 hours of Holyhead at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My old car is up for sale now. 181 Silver with 20K kms on it. It has a 5 year service pack and is spotless. The garage hare looking for €29K. They are taking the piss with that though. They'll make a small profit at €27. ;)

https://wexfordcarcentre.nissan.ie/used-car/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto?destination=make=108

Your car must be feeling a little nauseous with "Nissan Gold Standard" tacked to its bumper! ;)

KCross wrote: »
    Your car must be feeling a little nauseous with "Nissan Gold Standard" tacked to its bumper! ;)

Yeah, and the huge dealer sticker blocking the back window. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My old car is up for sale now. 181 Silver with 20K kms on it. It has a 5 year service pack and is spotless. The garage are looking for €29K. They are taking the piss with that though. They'll make a small profit at €27. ;)

First Nissan EV with battery cooling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cfingers

Maybe I'm missing something but why would someone pay €29K for 181 when they can get a new car for almost the same price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’m going to go for a golf, I can have an 18 one home from the UK under 25k. Am just searching for one within 2 hours of Holyhead at the moment!

Any link to any one in the UK you'd land here for EUR25k?

I wouldn't limit myself to a car close to Holyhead anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭this.lad

cfingers wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but why would someone pay €29K for 181 when they can get a new car for almost the same price?

I traded a car worth very little and beat that price on a brand new car.

No harm in asking though!

It's got the Nissan gold standard!

Wonder are they pricing around/below the price of 181 leafs, to give someone who wants a 181 leaf the opportunity to buy electric? (I've no idea what price 181 leafs are)

unkel wrote: »
    Any link to any one in the UK you'd land here for EUR25k?

I wouldn't limit myself to a car close to Holyhead anyway...

Am on my phone so will try get the link but there’s a 18 on autotrader for £23500 and he’ll sell it to Ireland for £22550 as a straight sale heading to Ireland.

Looks like a good deal, but that's already over EUR25k at the interbank rate. Have to add expenses , ferry, flight, number plates, FX losses, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Hopefully the new ioniq has more availability when it's out.

• Advertisement

Looks like a good deal, but that's already over EUR25k at the interbank rate. Have to add expenses , ferry, flight, number plates, FX losses, etc.

Still better than the 31k for the same car here.

Apologies were gone miles off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Or for an extra €10k you get a car with twice the range.

Soarer wrote: »
    Or for an extra €10k you get a car with twice the range.

That's a huge premium for a feature most people will rarely need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's a huge premium for a feature most people will rarely need.

I agree.
    Doesn’t stop them selling like hot cakes though.

All new EVs seem to sell like hot cakes with little to zero room for negotiation. Supply is far smaller than demand (new and in particular second hand) and it seems everyone is well aware of that now. Looks like going forward no one is ever going to get as good a deal as you or I got :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

I'm hoping there will be a few demo models of the outgoing version up for sale, between ROI and NI.
    Planning on keeping the car long term (8-10 years), so would people recommend the UK Premium SE trim as a result? Leather better wearing etc?
    If so, this means I'm stuck on mph speedo?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

turnfan wrote: »
    I'm hoping there will be a few demo models of the outgoing version up for sale, between ROI and NI.
    Planning on keeping the car long term (8-10 years), so would people recommend the UK Premium SE trim as a result? Leather better wearing etc?

That's up to you, personally I feel there's not enough difference between the two specs to make the hassle of importing worthwhile others might disagree. Obviously if you get a better deal for the UK one over and Irish one than that's another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Yes I went with the Premium SE trim. It had the leather which I wanted and all the toys too (LKAS, Smart Cruise Control, Ventilated & Heates seats etc).
    My local dealer had one in stock, 191 plate with 500 miles on it. Very little room for negoiation on it but got it for 29.5k allowing 2.5k for my trade in also so car cost 32k.
    And yes, the speedo is in MPH with a smaller readout in knH underneath. Asked the dealer, this cant be changed.

€31.5 for a new one which inculdes a €1250 discount if you are buying straight.

beanian wrote: »
    Yes I went with the Premium SE trim. It had the leather which I wanted and all the toys too (LKAS, Smart Cruise Control, Ventilated & Heates seats etc).
    My local dealer had one in stock, 191 plate with 500 miles on it. Very little room for negoiation on it but got it for 29.5k allowing 2.5k for my trade in also so car cost 32k.
    And yes, the speedo is in MPH with a smaller readout in knH underneath. Asked the dealer, this cant be changed.

I wonder if the MPH readout would bother me... amazed it can't just be changed in the menu. Just a niggle I guess.
    Still I have leather seats now, Ventilated would be lovely.

If I can buy in NI, I'm guessing the importing process will be relatively simple, can I migrate the warranty over to ROI etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I wonder if the MPH readout would bother me... amazed it can't just be changed in the menu. Just a niggle I guess.
    Still I have leather seats now, Ventilated would be lovely.
    Yeah the MPH thing bothers me somewhat. I stupidly assumed it would be a setting in the headunit I could change. Only have the car a little over a week so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also the Infotainment system can be in km. So when you check your range etc its all in Km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yeah the MPH thing bothers me somewhat. I stupidly assumed it would be a setting in the headunit I could change. Only have the car a little over a week so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also the Infotainment system can be in km. So when you check your range etc its all in Km

Yeah, it's a pity it's not changeable but in truth doesn't bother me in the slighted the kmh readout, altho smaller, does the job. The only thing it can be a bit meh, is in setting cruise control or limiter. But tbh even that isn't that big of deal, particularly as you can increase/decrease speed in intervals with the touch of button. Well used to the mph at this stage.

PremiumSE was worth it for me, paid the same price for the car, all in, to what I'd pay in Ireland for regular spec here. Yeah it's a day out and hassle to go to UK but it was grand and worth it all round for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭zg3409

can I migrate the warranty over to ROI etc?

No issue in roi. You may need to give dealer vin code rather than reg so they can look up car details. I got recalls due on my uk import, software update etc. without issue.

Uriel. wrote: »
    PremiumSE was worth it for me, paid the same price for the car, all in, to what I'd pay in Ireland for regular spec here. Yeah it's a day out and hassle to go to UK but it was grand and worth it all round for me.

Maybe I'm a freak but I actually quite enjoy going over to the UK to bring a car in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

unkel wrote:
    Maybe I'm a freak but I actually quite enjoy going over to the UK to bring a car in

Fully agree on both counts :-)

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm a freak but I actually quite enjoy going over to the UK to bring a car in :o

Same here, make a weekend of it with the family.

Do the homework on the car / garage, fly to closest airport and off to pick up the car and then spend a day or two there and drive to ferry and home! Just this time i have to factor in charging points instead of petrol stations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Seen a new Ioniq on a car transporter this morning.

I think the white looks great myself - it also had the privacy glass the 2019s have.

Got a quote today of €160 to wrap the front and rear bumpers. How's that stacking up against others?

And €170 to tint the rear and boot windows.

Got a quote today of €160 to wrap the front and rear bumpers. How's that stacking up against others?

And €170 to tint the rear and boot windows.

I had to go back and check this thread for what I paid....
    €90 for whichI got the front "grill" and the front light casing done. I did not bother with any other part of the car

€170 for the tint seems to be a good enough price?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You should get the roof wrapped black too, looks good on the white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭this.lad

You should get the roof wrapped black too, looks good on the white.

Any photo of it?

this.lad wrote: »
    Any photo of it?

There are some earlier in this thread, I'll see if I can find them when I'm at a pc.

There are some earlier in this thread, I'll see if I can find them when I'm at a pc.

If you can, please do. I've been on this thread a long while now, and did actually read back loads before I startrd on it, but never seen a wrapped roof.

EDIT1: Nevermind, googled Hyundai ioniq wrapped roof.

https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/grey-grill.11761/

Don't like the way the back bumper was done though.
    Might get it priced.

EDIT2: His front, rear and roof wrap, plus window tint all cost €340. Now that's a deal. I'm looking at €330 without the roof.

Deposit down on a Premium SE in Dungannon, a fair trip back to Galway Friday evening all going well. A baptism of fire to use charge points etc etc! I have the eCars card anyways, how should I test it before first use?

• Advertisement

Deposit down on a Premium SE in Dungannon, a fair trip back to Galway Friday evening all going well. A baptism of fire to use charge points etc etc! I have the eCars card anyways, how should I test it before first use?

Assuming it'll be fully charged when you pick it up (and if not there's a rapid in Dungannon) you should be grand with any route you take back to Galway. If you have an Ecars card, it'll work to start any of the chargers north or south. Failing that they are on the end of the phone 24/7.

Enjoy the run, and well wear.

You'll need about a 20 minute top up along the way to avoid range anxiety I'd say.

This is a good site for panning the trip: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

Well wear on the car, you won't regret it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

No suggestions for testing it, just wanted to say enjoy it. I love mine!

Thanks all, people on here have been very helpful.

ABRP suggests one stop for 10 mins, based on leaving with 90% but I'll defo make it 20 mins to beat the fear!

Travelling across the North/Mid West, it will be "exciting"

Would it be fair to say certain charge points are more reliable than others?
    I'll be stopping in Ballaghadereen on the way

Thanks all, people on here have been very helpful.

ABRP suggests one stop for 10 mins, based on leaving with 90% but I'll defo make it 20 mins to beat the fear!

Travelling across the North/Mid West, it will be "exciting"

Would it be fair to say certain charge points are more reliable than others?
    I'll be stopping in Ballaghadereen on the way

165 Kms might give an inexperienced EV driver a bit of range anxiety, especially if you have a head wind on a wet day. I'd be looking at charging at Carrick on Shannon and using Ballaghadereen as my fall back charger.

The problem wouldn't be reaching Ballaghadereen, it's what happens if it's goosed on the day. Where's your back up charger from there?

Does Carrick have CCS now? I thought it was Chademablahdabo only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Chademo and type 2 last time I was there, few months ago
    Nice coffee stop though!

Does Carrick have CCS now? I thought it was Chademablahdabo only.

Doh! Foiled again by the stupid Ecars app reverting to Chademo as the default. :o

Ballaghaderreen is the quickest/shortest route but you're putting your eggs in one basket.

If you go via Athlone you will have Monaghan, Athlone and Ballinasloe rapid chargers along the route. It should only take about ten minutes longer overall too going by ABRP.

totally depends on how much time you have and how much you want to avoid stress.

Via Athone >> additional chargers in Athlone & Ballinaloe (3h31m 253km)

Or stay on M6 until Kinnegad >> then go Longwood >>Trim >> Navan >> Drogheda (5 extra chargers in Kilbeggin, Kinnegad and Navan, Drogheda and Dundalk (3hr 58mins 320km)

Or go via the M50 - and you will drive past another additional 5 fast chargers (enfield, Lucan, clonshaugh, donabate, Lusk (3hr 53min and 360 km)

Also, personally I never rely on a single charger solution. What I mean by that is I always assume that me perfered charger will be unavailable or blocked/broken when I get to it. So always have enough juice to get to the next fast charger.

I'm also a proponent of higher frequency lower volume charging. I'll happily stop twice and take 40% each time as opposed to stop once and take 80%. That's just a personal preference, as I don't mind "me time" in a car whilst charging plus it helps me always have redundancy..

Finally, if you want to reduce initial stress further... pick it up on Thursday instead of Friday... Friday tends to be a busier day for chargers...

also @turnfan...
    if you want a lesson on how to use the fast chargers, where emergency release wire is etc.. PM me and I can met you at the charger across from the airport, any night, excluding Wednesday...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement