Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    I'd rather spend €200 on the best possible grip tyres than €2,000 to make my slow charging a bit less slow :pac:
    I knew you'd be along with that chestnut :o:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭adunis

Right that one's gone over my head.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

k123456 wrote: »
    would anyone have a list or details on Firmware / system updates for the Ioniq, in other words, what bugs have been fixed etc

See here:
    https://www.ioniqforum.com/forums/software-and-firmware-updates.570/

Anything 0917 and above should be OK (September 2017)

This seemed to fix the forgetting timer settings issue and the battery saver seems to kick in at least every 24 hours if the 12v battery drops to 11.9v

A later version fixed the bug that allowed you to install things like YouTube on the car radio so you cannot do that with latest version. I would recommend hassling dealer to get at least 0917 as reports of near bricking the radio/car with DIY attempts to update at home

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Firmware update seems to be a lot easier to do now going by this?
    Here is how to do it:

1. Download the latest firmware (13.93GB) Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2
    torrent: https://mega.nz/#!eKBwTK5S!59zeq7nZRwUq4wB6wzH1d5lJmfZW-En7iXoE7NN6KnY
    direct: https://mega.nz/#!bLQDmaxT!GtKoWcmX2npEuWUCposzB1jlPDku9oXrpmiz4AK9poA

2. Copy all the files to a Micro SD card

3. Power on your Ioniq.

4. Remove the map Micro SD card from beneath the screen.

5. Insert the update Micro SD card.

6. When asked, accept the firmware update by pressing OK.

7. Wait patiently for the update to finish, about 10 minutes.

8. Remove the update Micro SD card and reinsert the map Micro SD card.

Enjoy your improved Ioniq

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Previous postings refer Re my 172 Ioniq failure to charge at home-and the lane keep assist ceasing to work-

The 12 v battery was changed today as per a suggestion here- I can confirm it had absolutely no impact whatsoever on the issues but at least I am no longer worried that the old one might fail-

The search for truth continues- I will visit my Hyundai Garrage to seek their view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

How accurate is the Tyre pressure sensor/ dashboard display? Should it change instantly? Front passenger side was reading 32psi brought it up to 36psi car still reading 32 psi! Drove a couple of kms on it and it was reading 33psi. Tyres were cold when I checked reading and put air in.

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    How accurate is the Tyre pressure sensor/ dashboard display? Should it change instantly? Front passenger side was reading 32psi brought it up to 36psi car still reading 32 psi! Drove a couple of kms on it and it was reading 33psi. Tyres were cold when I checked reading and put air in.

Extremely
    If warning doesn't go off add a couple of extra psi on the guage,trust the dash display cold weather is exascrabating the issue

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    How accurate is the Tyre pressure sensor/ dashboard display? .

It is very accurate. I set all 4 tyres to the same digital pressure on the same garage digital air hose and they all displayed +/-1psi. As you drive the tyres warm up and the readings increase up to 5 psi higher. It may take a while for the display to update as readings are not sent when the tyres are not moving and they are only sent the odd time when all is OK. I would trust the sensors in the tyres far more than I trust garage air pump gauges or worse still cheap home air pumps. I have a mini digital gauge for checking another car and they seem to tally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

Lost my Ioniq to the floods in Galway last night. Gutted. We were in the cinema when a staff member casually came in and said we might need to move our cars as the weather was getting "a bit bad". Went out and the water was up at the door handle, car had been spun 180° and no where near where I parked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

baldshin wrote: »
    Lost my Ioniq to the floods in Galway last night. Gutted. We were in the cinema when a staff member casually came in and said we might need to move our cars as the weather was getting "a bit bad". Went out and the water was up at the door handle, car had been spun 180° and no where near where I parked it.

=-O

Wow, really sorry to hear that. I presume insurance will cover it though?

• Advertisement

Wow.
    Sad to hear, glad no one was in the car. Presume insurance will cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Sad to hear that. I'd be gutted Hopefully insurance covers it, and you're not long waiting for a replacement. https://twitter.com/PicDiaryGalway has posted some videos from last night and there's a white ioniq in one. Assume thats yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

AhHaor wrote: »
    Sad to hear that. I'd be gutted Hopefully insurance covers it, and you're not long waiting for a replacement. https://twitter.com/PicDiaryGalway has posted some videos from last night and there's a white ioniq in one. Assume thats yours?

I saw that video on Twitter last night :eek: and saw the white Ioniq, same as my own... was wondering if it was someone on here.

Sorry to hear about that baldshin :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spotted that car in the vids last night too, that's terrible luck. Hope your insurance covers it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Absolutely gutted, insurance should cover it but finding a replacement will be tough, and my renewal is going to be enormous next month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah fek, something you'd never expect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Absolutely gutted, insurance should cover it but finding a replacement will be tough, and my renewal is going to be enormous next month.

Sry to hear buddy, sh$te luck. If you are going second hand i'm selling my Ioniq...hopefully in Jan when Tesla get the finger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

If you have NCB protection then your insurance might be lower, as you would keep your discounted rate but extra payment for protection would not apply any more. I was surprised when that happened to me.

Getting a serious runaround now from the insurance company, tow company and the AA. Tow company won't touch it until it's declared safe. Hyundai said to use the AA roadside assist for this, AA said they don't cover flood damage so won't go to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ahh crap. Sorry to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sorry to hear. You sure it's a write-off? EVs can generally take flooding better than ICE cars (sealed battery and all). If it is worst case, how old is the car? It if is less than a year, you might be entitled to a brand new car if you have a policy like mine.

Sorry to hear. You sure it's a write-off? EVs can generally take flooding better than ICE cars (sealed battery and all). If it is worst case, how old is the car? It if is less than a year, you might be entitled to a brand new car if you have a policy like mine.

Might not be, I guess no one knows yet! Even though it was moved a good 20-30ft, there doesn't appear to be any damage whatsoever. Boot and back seats are bone dry but water was in up to the level of the seats so front seats and carpets are soaked and still flooded and who knows what damage there is to the electronics. It's a 172 so no luck with a replacement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I reckon the saltwater will cause a lot of damage elsewhere unfortunately.

Yeah that won't be back on the roads, the electrical circuits will be fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

Oh man that sucks. I've seen you around Galway the odd time for sure I'd say, the fellow Ioniq BEV on the Motorway!

Hyundai should sort this out for you with some goodwill if the AA won't touch the car.

Interesting to find out what happens to the battery if it is scrapped, between the value of that and the market price of a 172 Ioniq, you might not be far off the price of a 2020 model.

Best of Luck!

turnfan wrote: »
    Oh man that sucks. I've seen you around Galway the odd time for sure I'd say, the fellow Ioniq BEV on the Motorway!

Hyundai should sort this out for you with some goodwill if the AA won't touch the car.

Interesting to find out what happens to the battery if it is scrapped, between the value of that and the market price of a 172 Ioniq, you might not be far off the price of a 2020 model.

Best of Luck!

That'd be my fiancée in and out to work to Portiuncula....we've saved a fortune on fuel and tools! Hyundai sent out someone today to remove the fuse from the main battery so it's getting picked up shortly but the insurance engineer has said it'll be a write off without even looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Assuming it's a write-off and the insurance company pay market value, do you still own the car (and so can sell battery if it's not damaged) or do insurance company take ownership as part of the settlement?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

Assuming is a write-off the insurance company will get a valuator who will decide according to the market what the value of your car is. Then the insurance will try to find someone to buy the car in the state it is, they'll put you in contact with whomever is buying the car as it is and you get the check from them and the insurance company will pay you the difference to the value decided by the valuator.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

jeremy_g wrote: »
    Assuming is a write-off the insurance company will get a valuator who will decide according to the market what the value of your car is. Then the insurance will try to find someone to buy the car in the state it is, they'll put you in contact with whomever is buying the car as it is and you get the check from them and the insurance company will pay you the difference to the value decided by the valuator.

No.. the insurance pays you what the car is worth (from the valuer) and whoever buys it off the insurance company deals with the insurance company directly.

So you get 1 cheque from the insurance company.

And you hand over any ownership to the insurance company

• Advertisement

jeremy_g wrote: »
    well, I went through a write-off.. you get what is worth, but who do you think gets to say what is worth?

They use book price, which is a secret list. Also if you have undervalued the car, say you say its worth 15,000 on policy and book price says 20,000 they won't give you 15,000 they will give you 3/4 of 15,000 as it was undervalued by 25%, so you get 3/4 of 15,000 or 11,000 for a car that costs 20,000 to replace. It is very risky to undervalue your car if its relatively new on insurance, particularly if you have a loan and don't have emergency savings

Insured mine, a 172 in mint condition, under 20k km for €24000 so would be hopefully based on the market of getting the full value.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

You get 1 cheque. The "secret list" back in 2002-3 was second hand car magazines and buy and sell. Take a few values and subtract 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I reckon the saltwater will cause a lot of damage elsewhere unfortunately.

Only if it dries out. Get in with a pressure washer and blast everything out and down.

listermint wrote: »
    Only if it dries out. Get in with a pressure washer and blast everything out and down.

Too late for that, took the insurance company about 40hours + to get it towed as the tow companies wouldn't touch it til Hyundai took the fuse from the main battery. Car was also in the middle of the road of the car park all this time and the council didn't seem to care or do anything to cordon it off/make it safe for other motorists to pass. I ended up going to the local Garda station and borrowing cones to put around it.

Jeez that's fierce unlucky.

Hopefully you get sorted and aren't too much out of pocket

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

TheTorment wrote: »
    Jeez that's fierce unlucky.

Hopefully you get sorted and aren't too much out of pocket

I really hate that when you have to use your insurance, your primary worry is that you'll have to top up the insurance pay out to buy the equivalent of the car you just lost.

The whole point of insurance is that it is supposed to leave you no worse off after you have a claim. But in practice that often lacks :(

Good thing is there are very few second hand Ioniqs for sale. If the insurance offer is inadequate, gather up all of the ads nationwide (from dealers) of same year and newer cars and present your insurer with the results. Even if they only pay out the lowest figure, you should be able to pick one up for around that money. Insurer should also cover recovery costs and a replacement car in the mean time if you need one.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

The whole point of insurance is that it is supposed to leave you no worse off after you have a claim. But in practice that often lacks :(

Good thing is there are very few second hand Ioniqs for sale. If the insurance offer is inadequate, gather up all of the ads nationwide (from dealers) of same year and newer cars and present your insurer with the results. Even if they only pay out the lowest figure, you should be able to pick one up for around that money. Insurer should also cover recovery costs and a replacement car in the mean time if you need one.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Thanks for the support!

I've been gathering ads and will be hopeful I'll be paid the full amount. Have already found a potential replacement, same year and spec from a dealer but double the mileage and more expensive asking price. However they've agreed to discount it to what I have mine insured for in the event I get a full payout so fingers crossed!

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Going by Mooneys prices, you'd easily come out on top.

2018s for €28-30k. Think their 2017 ones were about 26k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thanks for the support!

I've been gathering ads and will be hopeful I'll be paid the full amount. Have already found a potential replacement, same year and spec from a dealer but double the mileage and more expensive asking price. However they've agreed to discount it to what I have mine insured for in the event I get a full payout so fingers crossed!

Here's a better newer one

http://used.hyundai.co.uk/model-search/Hyundai/IONIQ/page1/E-88kw-Premium-SE-Electric-Auto-5Dr-Hatch-hkb7jg9?manufacturer=22&model=2760&zip=L1%200AE&radius=2000&sort=price%3AASC&view=list

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I wrote off a car many moons ago, and the insurance payout didnt cover the cost of a similar spec car with similar milage. Sent the ads to the insurance company and asked them to find me a car of similar spec, milage & year for what they gave me, they couldnt and they revised their payout.
    I'm assuming the assesor will apply standard depreciation rates based on what you insured the car for in 2017 unaware how strong the Ioniq resale values have held so be prepared to fight them on it.

I had a BMW drowned by a truck while negotiating a flooded road a while back,I got a cheque from the guy you bought it for salvage and a cheque from Aviva ,I actually got over the odds for the car the while experience was utterly painless have always paid full bonus protection policy wasn't appeared in the least come renewal

Just heard from the insurance company that their approved garage is now closed until January 6th so I won't hear anything until at least then about the status of the claim....what a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just heard from the insurance company that their approved garage is now closed until January 6th so I won't hear anything until at least then about the status of the claim....what a joke.

Fukking hell.

That's scandalous!

Jesus, thats not good enough in my book. Who's the insurance crowd?
    I know what Id be doing with my business next year....

TheTorment wrote: »
    I know what Id be doing with my business next year....

Yeah. Nothing :(

You can't move insurer if you have a claim for a number of years. As no one will insure you once you answer the question "have you had a claim in the last xx years?" positively.

Yeah. Nothing :(

You can't move insurer if you have a claim for a number of years. As no one will insure you once you answer the question "have you had a claim in the last xx years?" positively.

Feck! Id forgotten that! :(

Yup, I'm locked in with them again for the foreseeable thanks to this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

at least until the claim is settled. No other insurer will touch you with an open claim. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    First service today, 55 euro.

They said my tyres were worn 50% at the back and 40 something at the front.....that seems like a lot for 14700 km? Anyone else see similar?

I got charged 95 euro for my first service from a main dealer last week. Car was bought as an NI import though.
    Also mileage was at 14k miles so about 22k km
    He also said Maps cost extra, although I saw in the manual later I should get free updates for life. Is that for UK only?
    They also charged me an extra 30 to rotate the tyres.
    At the end I just wanted my car back with some painkillers.
    :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement