Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

unkel wrote: »
    It needed to be registered by today for the scrappage, which is coming to an end. Or so Hyundai keep saying on their website. First it was Jan 31st, then Feb 28th, then Mar 16th, now Mar 31st. Chances are tomorrow it will be extended again :)
    The scrappage page is gone from their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

air wrote: »
    The scrappage page is gone from their website.

They're probably updating it to say 5k scrappage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Collected it today!

Doing Cork - Dublin this evening, jumping in the deep end :D

Will post back later if I make it :D

8 hours and no where seen a post after trip, didn't make it?

Grats with the car, enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Mope wrote: »
    8 hours and no where seen a post after trip, didn't make it?

Grats with the car, enjoy it!

Made it :D Very very happy with the car! Took just over 3 hours in total. Stopped once at the FCP in Ballycolla J3/M8 for a 30 min charge. I had the adaptive cruise set to 120km/h all the way before dropping down to 100km/h on the N7/M50. The lane keeping assist + adaptive cruise is brilliant. The car pretty much drove itself, bar making you hold the wheel every 20 seconds :p It can get confused when passing exits on the motorway but pretty good overall.

---
    Route: Rochestown FCP, Cork -> Dundrum Town Centre
    Distance: 257.5km
    Average Speed: 104km/h
    Time: 02:36h
    ---

Rochestown FCP -> Ballycolla FCP
    94% -> 17%
    Distance: 142.4km
    Average Speed: 106km/h
    Time: 01:25h

Ballycolla FCP -> Dundrum
    94% -> 28%
    Distance: 115.1km
    Average Speed: 103km/h
    Time: 01:10h

---

Plugged into the CP then in Dundrum for a little bump up to 42% while having a cheeky bite to eat in Five Guys :D As I said really really happy with the car. Exceeded expectations so far anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Well wear thelikelylad, great to see another EV on the road.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

Made it :D Very very happy with the car! Took just over 3 hours in total. Stopped once at the FCP in Ballycolla J3/M8 for a 30 min charge. I had the adaptive cruise set to 120km/h all the way before dropping down to 100km/h on the N7/M50. The lane keeping assist + adaptive cruise is brilliant. The car pretty much drove itself, bar making you hold the wheel every 20 seconds :p It can get confused when passing exits on the motorway but pretty good overall.

---
    Route: Rochestown FCP, Cork -> Dundrum Town Centre
    Distance: 257.5km
    Average Speed: 104km/h
    Time: 02:36h
    ---

Rochestown FCP -> Ballycolla FCP
    94% -> 17%
    Distance: 142.4km
    Average Speed: 106km/h
    Time: 01:25h

94% -> 28%

---

Plugged into the CP then in Dundrum for a little bump up to 42% while having a cheeky bite to eat in Five Guys :D As I said really really happy with the car. Exceeded expectations so far anyway.

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about the Iconiq all electric?

My daily commute is 250km total (125km each way). I'm considering trading in my 9 yr old Audi A4 for an Ioniq. I absolutely love the Audi but there are almost 250,000 km on the clock and it costs me €400 for fuel every month. Servicing costs seem to be around €200-€400 a month depending on the month. Some months I don't spend anything on servicing.

My rough calculations tell me that after trading in the Audi my repayments on a brand new Ioniq would be close to €420.

A brand new car with a warranty for the same price as my fuel bill seems like a no brainer so this is where my questions come in.

1. How often does it have to be serviced?
    2. What is the estimated cost of the service?
    3. From you experience, what do you reckon the maximum range would be on a single charge?
    4. Do you have to pay for charging at public charge points now? If so, how much is it?
    5. Regarding the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on the battery, does it have to be charged a specific way so that that warranty is not voided due to improper maintenance/charging cycle of the battery?

I should also mention that my work place are supposed to be installing 5 7kw chargers and 1 11kw car charger in the next few weeks so I should be able to charge in the next few weeks so I can hopefully charge when I get to work.

If I didn't have such a long commute I'd get an electric car no problem but with this distance, rangexiety is in the back of my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

woppers wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about the Iconiq all electric?

My daily commute is 250km total (125km each way). I'm considering trading in my 9 yr old Audi A4 for an Ioniq. I absolutely love the Audi but there are almost 250,000 km on the clock and it costs me €400 for fuel every month. Servicing costs seem to be around €200-€400 a month depending on the month. Some months I don't spend anything on servicing.

I'd say you wouldn't be suitable for the current Ioniq if you didn't have access to work charging, but with it you'll be grand.
    There is a longer range Ioniq due in ~12 months... but you'll save a lot of money by switching now rather than waiting for more range you may not use.
    There are even longer range cars due 6 months after that... that the way this market goes.
    My rough calculations tell me that after trading in the Audi my repayments on a brand new Ioniq would be close to €420.

A brand new car with a warranty for the same price as my fuel bill seems like a no brainer so this is where my questions come in.

Yup, I save about €6k vs. a diesel per year.
    1. How often does it have to be serviced?

In terms of practical maintenance they do pollen filter and brake fluid replacement every 30,000km, battery coolant at 210,000km and thereafter every 30,000km.

They have listed a scheduled inspection every 15,000km... but they don't do anything, just check the steering rack is still attached. I'd question with the dealer what the minimum interval for the warranty is (failing that ask Hyundai Ireland), cause my i3 had it's first scheduled service (complying with the warranty conditions) at 105,000km and my leaf has a 30,000km inspection interval.

The only things you need done are brake fluid, pollen filter, tire rotation, reduction gear fluid (every 120,000km) and battery coolant (after 210,000km).
    2. What is the estimated cost of the service?

€100-€150, the €150 is for the real service.
    3. From you experience, what do you reckon the maximum range would be on a single charge?

Reliable range is ~180-200km depending on the outside temperature, my experience with the Ioniq is limited to 48 hour tester, but I'm a long time EV driver, I pushed it to the limit.
    4. Do you have to pay for charging at public charge points now? If so, how much is it?

No charge at the moment. But you should only use rapids as needed to avoid blocking infrastructure for others. Your car costs €1.77 to fill from empty on a 6.33c/kWh nightsaver @ home.
    5. Regarding the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on the battery, does it have to be charged a specific way so that that warranty is not voided due to improper maintenance/charging cycle of the battery?

No restrictions beyond abuse. Abuse isn't defined, but I'd say things like only ever charging on rapid chargers would be considered abuse.
    I should also mention that my work place are supposed to be installing 5 7kw chargers and 1 11kw car charger in the next few weeks so I should be able to charge in the next few weeks so I can hopefully charge when I get to work.

Then you'd have no bother.
    If I didn't have such a long commute I'd get an electric car no problem but with this distance, rangexiety is in the back of my mind!

I do a ~200km commute from portlaoise to dublin every day in a lower range EV. You'll be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

94% -> 28%

1: Good luck with the new mo mo.

A question if I may:
    My interest is in trying to find a speed at which the GOM distance on an EV is pretty close to actual
    I think in my Leaf it is about 93km/h with ambient temp above 10 degrees for dry, non windy, single occupancy, flat driving
    so an average over two different speed limit legs may actually be concealing some pretty good performance.

Interested in the average math here, in trying to establish what the average high speed was on the 120km section as this is the piece that will drain the battery:

Ballycolla, Co. Laois to Naas is 81km: Adaptive C set at 120
    Naas to DTC is 35km Adaptive C set to 100

So 115 by 103 equates to X speed for 81kms plus Y speed for 35 kms?

For example, if I assume average of 85 km/h for the 35 km leg that gives me 2975 units
    115 by 103 = 11,845 minus 2975 = 8870 which suggests an average of 110 km/h on the 81 km leg.

So if my math is correct that is impressive, perhaps the lower drag of 0.24 against 0.29 for the Leaf.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

cros13 wrote: »
    I'd say you wouldn't be suitable for the current Ioniq if you didn't have access to work charging, but with it you'll be grand.
    There is a longer range Ioniq due in ~12 months... but you'll save a lot of money by switching now rather than waiting for more range you may not use.
    There are even longer range cars due 6 months after that... that the way this market goes.

Yup, I save about €6k vs. a diesel per year.

In terms of practical maintenance they do pollen filter and brake fluid replacement every 30,000km, battery coolant at 210,000km and thereafter every 30,000km.

They have listed a scheduled inspection every 15,000km... but they don't do anything, just check the steering rack is still attached. I'd question with the dealer what the minimum interval for the warranty is (failing that ask Hyundai Ireland), cause my i3 had it's first scheduled service (complying with the warranty conditions) at 105,000km and my leaf has a 30,000km inspection interval.

The only things you need done are brake fluid, pollen filter, tire rotation and battery coolant (after 210,000km).

€100-€150, the €150 is for the real service.

Reliable range is ~180-200km depending on the outside temperature, my experience with the Ioniq is limited to 48 hour tester, but I'm a long time EV driver, I pushed it to the limit.

No charge at the moment. But you should only use rapids as needed to avoid blocking infrastructure for others. Your car costs €1.77 to fill from empty on a 6.33c/kWh nightsaver @ home.

No restrictions beyond abuse. Abuse isn't defined, but I'd say things like only ever charging on rapid chargers would be considered abuse.

Then you'd have no bother.

I do a ~200km commute from portlaoise to dublin every day in a lower range EV. You'll be grand :)

Nice one :) thanks for taking the time time to reply with great information.

I was trying to hold out for the Tesla Model 3 but I cant see that being available for another 2 years at least. And even when it is released, I'm sure it'll cost a lot more than the Ioniq.

I'm beginning to think that this electric car could be a viable option.

Have you got any advice regarding home chargers? Should I ask for higher rated cable so that maybe someday I could charge 2 cars. I must book on for a test drive as soon as the chargers are installed in work.

Nice one :) thanks for taking the time time to reply with great information.

I was trying to hold out for the Tesla Model 3 but I cant see that being available for another 2 years at least. And even when it is released, I'm sure it'll cost a lot more than the Ioniq.

Have you got any advice regarding home chargers? Should I ask for higher rated cable so that maybe someday I could charge 2 cars. I must book on for a test drive as soon as the chargers are installed in work.

The ESB provide a free Home Charger when you buy a new car here. They only give a 16Amp one, where you should have a 32Amp for the Ioniq (and most other EVs).

You can supply 6sq or 10sq cable with minimal arm twisting when the contractor arrives and the 16Amp charger can be flashed to 32A. More info on home chargers can be found in the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,751 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your expectations are pretty much spot on as I'm sure most people in this forum will agree. No doubt will the Model 3 be a big step up from the Ioniq in terms of performance, range and quality. But it will be about €40k, not €25k. And it will indeed probably be at least 2 years before we can get it. Maybe 3. And only if you've already got your deposit down

I ordered an Ioniq myself in January, should have it Monday or Tuesday :)

And if you have work charging (even a granny cable will do), then not only is an EV a viable option for you, but you will also save yourself a lot of money doing your high mileage.

Scrappage does seem to be gone from Hyundai :eek:

This time they weren't joking!

Just regarding the "Unlimited battery warranty" - it is limited to 8 years or 200.000km - which ever comes first and does not apply to Taxi and some other drivers which I do not know what that means, some three letters abbreviation (Ioniq case)

Thanks for the write up from the journey to Dublin. I think you had huge trust in car and probably knew about it a lot to drive it 120km/h without any issues or anxiety to ran out of juice, kudos :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

woppers wrote:

If I were you, I would not hesitate to switch to EV once it is clear that you can either charge with a granny cable or have your work CPs installed...

Scrappage does seem to be gone from Hyundai :eek:

This time they weren't joking!

I think there will be much less interest without the scrappage. I expect to see it back soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thanks wopper. Your drive and other posts really point that, EV is pretty much arrived and is a car now suitable for many.
    It's almost already the reverse and one should analyse, what work and lifestyle that limits me from buying an EV?
    EV should be now the default choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Never ever consider ev until I started reading this forum and all the user feedback so I'm converted. As soon as scrappage is back I'm throwing my hat in the ring, I do 10k miles a year at most I'd say..

Ioniq will be test drove next week and looking forward to it now. One question, do you plug in each night or just as required?

Never ever consider ev until I started reading this forum and all the user feedback so I'm converted. As soon as scrappage is back I'm throwing my hat in the ring, I do 10k miles a year at most I'd say..

Ioniq will be test drove next week and looking forward to it now. One question, do you plug in each night or just as required?

I plug in each night, even if I have 80% and I think only 20% will be used the next day. I learned this lesson when I left the battery at 60ish one night and the next evening I almost ran out of charge, due to some unexpected miles. It's good to run the battery low sometimes, but this will happen naturally unless your driving is very predictable with no deviation or surprise journeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

@CarefulNow! : Can't speak to the Ioniq specifically. However, with EV's in general, it makes economic sense to charge overnight, avail of night rate electricity (which will halve your lecky outlay) and ideally set on a timer to charge late into the night. i.e. it's best that an EV doesn't sit with full charge longer than is necessary (to get the max out of the battery in terms of output and durability).

You do very low mileage. How do you break that out in terms of daily use? i.e. what mileage do you do on a daily basis? What I'm trying to establish is the longest journey you're likely to do - 95% of the time? Is this one of two vehicles available to you or will this be the only vehicle available to the household?

I do twice your mileage (and then some) - with a 24kWh Nissan Leaf. Don't get me wrong - In an ideal world I'd be happier with the Iconiq (scratch that, in an ideal world, i'd be happier with a Tesla S!) - but unless you're a millionaire you have to weigh up outlay versus needs and what you ultimately get for your investment. Leaf's can be picked up for small money. The Iconiq is likely to be slower to depreciate (initially at least). Reason being the Leaf probably covers most people's needs on a day to day basis 90-95% of the time. For the other 5-10% of the time, you may have to put up with the pain in the ass of having to re-charge on the public network at times when it isn't so convenient.

It's worthy of consideration (given that you are going to wait until the scrappage deal returns - so you have time to mull these things over). If you are paying cash outright, then it's probably easier just to go with the Iconiq (assuming you are not missing out on any other opportunity in terms of where you place those funds otherwise). If you're going to go for a financing deal, then it's worth thinking it through that little bit harder - as total cost of purchase is going to be more.

Food for thought...

• Advertisement

Not necessary, unless you need the full range every morning. I have not charged our 30kW Leaf for the last 3 nights. Just going to work and back, so not needed.

@CarefulNow! : Can't speak to the Ioniq specifically. However, with EV's in general, it makes economic sense to charge overnight, avail of night rate electricity (which will halve your lecky outlay) and ideally set on a timer to charge late into the night. i.e. it's best that an EV doesn't sit with full charge longer than is necessary (to get the max out of the battery in terms of output and durability).

You do very low mileage. How do you break that out in terms of daily use? i.e. what mileage do you do on a daily basis? What I'm trying to establish is the longest journey you're likely to do - 95% of the time? Is this one of two vehicles available to you or will this be the only vehicle available to the household?

I do twice your mileage (and then some) - with a 24kWh Nissan Leaf. Don't get me wrong - In an ideal world I'd be happier with the Iconiq (scratch that, in an ideal world, i'd be happier with a Tesla S!) - but unless you're a millionaire you have to weigh up outlay versus needs and what you ultimately get for your investment. Leaf's can be picked up for small money. The Iconiq is likely to be slower to depreciate (initially at least). Reason being the Leaf probably covers most people's needs on a day to day basis 90-95% of the time. For the other 5-10% of the time, you may have to put up with the pain in the ass of having to re-charge on the public network at times when it isn't so convenient.

It's worthy of consideration (given that you are going to wait until the scrappage deal returns - so you have time to mull these things over). If you are paying cash outright, then it's probably easier just to go with the Iconiq (assuming you are not missing out on any other opportunity in terms of where you place those funds otherwise). If you're going to go for a financing deal, then it's worth thinking it through that little bit harder - as total cost of purchase is going to be more.

Food for thought...

Thanks for the above. I do very little Monday to Thursday, about 10km a day. Friday to Sunday is when I drive the most doing outings and family trips. Guess the longest trips I do would be 160km...

One reason looking at ioniq is size for family, leaf too small for my current and immediate future needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Thanks for the above. I do very little Monday to Thursday, about 10km a day. Friday to Sunday is when I drive the most doing outings and family trips. Guess the longest trips I do would be 160km...

One reason looking at ioniq is size for family, leaf too small for my current and immediate future needs

A leaf seems bigger and more spacious to me. Boot is an odd shape in a leaf. You need to sit in both with your family and baby seats etc.

Carbuyer seems to agree but the boot is 10 litres bigger in ioniq at 350 litre..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

For those of you who purchased the IoniQ, Did you go PCP or cash and do you plan to keep the car long term or trade it in after a few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I went with the finance option, and I'm in it for the long haul. So probably keep it for 5-6 years, and by that time I'd say the leaps in range and performance for EV's will be huge.

Very exciting time to be driving electric cars.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

What 650Ginge said - the Leaf will work out to be more spacious.
    If you do trips of 160km regularly (particularly if they're family trips) - and there isn't a second car in the household to cover longer range trips, then you should probably go with the Ioniq.

Don't get me wrong - the Ioniq is an advancement - but everything is relative to cost/outlay. I'd prefer to have an Ioniq right now than a Leaf but I'm not prepared to pay the premium for it (and I guess I have to qualify that by saying I'd buy in to a Leaf at 2 years old - if you compare brand new, Ioniq is the way to go).

It'll come down to suitability size wise, I really hope it works size wise otherwise it'll have to be hybrid or the likes... I'll be disappointed if I can't go full leccy

It'll come down to suitability size wise, I really hope it works size wise otherwise it'll have to be hybrid or the likes... I'll be disappointed if I can't go full leccy

I do not see what better option size wise would any hybrid offer you... unless you buy an Outlander PHEV which is a lot more expensive than the iO.

Are you running one or two cars? What do you have at present?

One car family, currently 1.8 Mazda 6 that is thirsty to say the least

• Advertisement

One car family, currently 1.8 Mazda 6 that is thirsty to say the least

Ok, no worries. Was trying to determine if you had a way to cover long range trips if you needed to. Of those trips Fri-Sun, how many of them would be greater than 100km?

Most I would say, talking miles as that is the current car I'd say 100 miles Saturday and Sunday getting out and seeing the world etc

Most I would say, talking miles as that is the current car I'd say 100 miles Saturday and Sunday getting out and seeing the world etc

100 miles each day or combined? Not trying to be pedantic - the devil is in the detail.

100 miles each day or combined? Not trying to be pedantic - the devil is in the detail.

No problem, daily. Now wouldn't be cast iron every week but regular enough to need it covered

No problem, daily. Now wouldn't be cast iron every week but regular enough to need it covered
    Ok, well you have time on your side given that you're waiting on the Hyundai scrappage deal to be re-instated. I'd suggest you go check out both the Iconiq and the Leaf - take them both out on test drives. See how they work out in terms of meeting your needs.

In the meantime, make a conscious effort to take note of how often you do long range trips. If it's only occasional, it might be worth your while to buy a fairly fresh used Leaf. Mine (24kW) is not capable of 100 mile range without a top up. There is a 30kW - I *think* that will achieve 100 - others here can pitch in and confirm if that's the case.

That said, if you're intent on buying new, then provided you have enough space in the Iconiq, it's the only logical option right now.

Come back and let us know how things pan out for you.

Ok, well you have time on your side given that you're waiting on the Hyundai scrappage deal to be re-instated. I'd suggest you go check out both the Iconiq and the Leaf - take them both out on test drives. See how they work out in terms of meeting your needs.

In the meantime, make a conscious effort to take note of how often you do long range trips. If it's only occasional, it might be worth your while to buy a fairly fresh used Leaf. Mine (24kW) is not capable of 100 mile range without a top up. There is a 30kW - I *think* that will achieve 100 - others here can pitch in and confirm if that's the case.

That said, if you're intent on buying new, then provided you have enough space in the Iconiq, it's the only logical option right now.

Come back and let us know how things pan out for you.

Thanks for your input, very helpful. Will keep an eye on what I'm doing and definitely will report back on what i end up with.

The 30kWh Leaf has an EPA range of 172km.
    Ioniq has an EPA range of 200km.

The EPA cycle is pretty predictive of real world range in the Irish climate.
    It's certainly easy enough to beat.

A good rule of thumb is to if your average journeys are 80% or less of the EPA rated range you'll be comfortable.

For exceptional trips beyond that once or twice a week... well that's what rapid charging is for.

Leaf feels a lot roomier, it's tall and boxy. Ioniq is a low sleek car. Neither have a great boot. I didn't measure it, but I think rear space is about the same both in width and leg room. If you have tall people to go in the back, Ioniq isn't great for that. I'd say someone 6 foot tall would hit their head against the ceiling if they tried to sit up straight.

Leaf feels a lot roomier, it's tall and boxy. Ioniq is a low sleek car. Neither have a great boot. I didn't measure it, but I think rear space is about the same both in width and leg room. If you have tall people to go in the back, Ioniq isn't great for that. I'd say someone 6 foot tall would hit their head against the ceiling if they tried to sit up straight.

First trip to Ikea today with the Ioniq, very impressed with the load capacity, didn't think we'd fit as much. We fit a double sofa bed, 160x80cm office desk, a trolley load of other bits and pieces, oh and two adults in the front. :pac:

From there we went for a 10 min top up at the FCP at Topaz, Clonshaugh Rd. before heading for Cork. Stopped in Ballycolla FCP again for 30 mins. Adaptive cruise control set to 100km/h for M50+N7 and then 120km/h until the M8 toll, I dropped to about 90km/h then for the last ~25km - First encounter with range anxiety :eek:

---
    Route: Clonshaugh Rd FCP, Dublin -> Cork city centre
    Distance: 266.3km
    Average Speed: 100km/h
    Time: 02:49h
    kWh/100km: 17.1kWh
    ---

Clonshaugh Rd FCP -> Ballycolla FCP
    94% -> 29%
    Distance: 120.1km
    Average Speed: 101km/h
    Time: 01:15h
    kWh/100km: 15.5kWh

Ballycolla FCP -> Cork city centre
    94% -> 6%
    Distance: 146km
    Average Speed: 100km/h
    Time: 01:32h
    ---

Arrived with 6km in the tank. Could have stopped about 5km sooner at Rochestown FCP but decided to push on. I did a good bit of the route from Ballycolla to Fermoy at 120km/h which hurt the efficiency, probably should have dropped to 110km/h but anyway we made it - just about :D

Great first weekend of EV ownership! Delighted that the Ioniq can do Cork - Dublin comfortably with one stop.

Delighted that the Ioniq can do Cork - Dublin comfortably with one stop.

And Dublin - Galway, Dublin - Wexford, Dublin - Waterford, Dublin - Belfast, etc. with no stops :)

Having owned many large saloon cars, it always pleasantly surprised me how much more you can carry in a much smaller hatchback! That box with the double sofa bed looks massive!

• Advertisement

That box with the double sofa bed looks massive!

120x82x51cm ;) I felt like Teslabjørn doing one of his Nimber tasks! :D

The reversing camera came in extra handy too!

Ooohhh! Despite your small post count here on boards, you are very much read up, and paid up to the EV scene! I signed up to Nimber myself a while ago but I don't think anything is happening over here any time soon.

That amount of stuff is impressive. First picture was like "No way this will fit inside"! Cheers for sharing :-)

My wife saw the picture and was like: "Using new car to transport this?!" :D

Now I know where my wife bought the cushions for the kitchen chairs :)

The straps on them are rubbish and break quickly. You should drive back today and return them.

Ooohhh! Despite your small post count here on boards, you are very much read up, and paid up to the EV scene! I signed up to Nimber myself a while ago but I don't think anything is happening over here any time soon.

I've been lurking around here for a while now ;) Nearly went for a Leaf last year but the extra range and looks of the Ioniq pushed me over the edge this year. I've a Model 3 reservation too but we'll see what happens in 2 years time.

Yeah I've signed up to Nimber but I don't think I've ever seen a task here.
    My wife saw the picture and was like: "Using new car to transport this?!" :D

I actually bought some cheap blankets just to wrap everything up safely. :) Didn't want any nasty scratches on the interior.
    goz83 wrote: »
    The straps on them are rubbish and break quickly. You should drive back today and return them.

Ah crap! I nearly would if I didn't have work. Found myself driving to random places for no reason whatsoever at the weekend. :D

goz83 wrote: »
    Now I know where my wife bought the cushions for the kitchen chairs :)

...sure 'twil only cost €2 :)

... Found myself driving to random places for no reason whatsoever at the weekend. :D

I have a feeling I will be doing the same :D

I have a feeling I will be doing the same :D

Sport mode + auto hold at traffic lights is addictive too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah Lad, think of the tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Sport mode + auto hold at traffic lights is addictive too :D

I love it when a Focus RS pulls along side you at the lights ready to shoot up before the bus lane.

Green light goes and your already halfway down the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement