Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

unkel wrote: »
    @any of the Ioniq owners in here - FCP do not show up in my Nav, even though I have selected all charge types. Any other charge points do show up and they were updated via wifi (phone as wifi access point). But these are useless to me most of the time, I want the FCP showing!

Anyone else have this? Or to put it differently, anyone else got the FCP loaded?

And we might as well get a little register going of owners in here. I'll start it off, other owners please fill in your details:

1. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    2. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    3. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Polar White -
    4. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - polar White 171 WH

the points show up on my Nav, but didn't at first, I had to change a setting to get it showing up. But I can't seem to get just the CCS, I seem to be getting every point of every description.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

When I was getting the charge point installed at home, the guy doing the install said 'always plug the car first, then the point. Same when taking out, always the car first, then the point.'

When charging at the FCP, I always swipe first, then plug in . Good question though, be interesting to know if there was a best practice way.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Mope wrote: »
    Is there a Best practice or a MUST do way/sequence in which cables have to be connected to not cause any issues with equipment, battery or car? When at SCP, you take out your cable, plug it to CP, then to car or car then CP?
    When at FCP, do you plug the car in and then go Swipe or you Swipe and then plug in?

FCP.. doesn't matter. Unlike chademo, CCS allows for detection and communication between the charger and the vehicle before the charge even starts. Once you've connected the charger will prompt you for a card and automatically start the charge as soon as one is presented (with the exception of the DBT rapids)... although because of this it would also be technically possible for CCS to do away with cards completely in the future, with your car's VIN being registered with the network and all charging just recorded against the VIN.

On an SCP.. for both connection and disconnection do the car side first... just avoids any problems in a couple of unlikely situations.
    What about car, while charging can you safely use all the stuff in car? NAV, settings, radio, media? What if you by accident "Start" the engine?

Yup, everything including heating and A/C. If you hit start the car it will refuse to engage drive while still connected to a charger or chargepoint.
    Before charging in any of Station - you MUST switch off car, correct?

Generally yes.

Just to make the point that the Adaptive cruise in the Ioniq may not detect motorcyclists !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Just to make the point that the Adaptive cruise in the Ioniq may not detect motorcyclists !!!!!

I am not sure about this and will be waiting for opportunity to try this, but when I was driving up Drumcondra rd from town towards Airport there was a cyclist crossing road in front of me (literally across the road) in approx 50m away car did see him and slowed down for duration of approx 1 sec. It looks like the radar has a bit wider angle, not a Spot in front, but rather a radius or circle. However on sharper turns it does lose track of car in front.

Just to come back to the point I think Soerer mentioned (sorry if I misspelled your nickname) that Cruise is not to be used on M50. Not sure why not? Yes speeds to change and people can decide to brake and etc, but have you tried IONIQ's adaptive (I have not tried any other mind you)? As soon as you set it, it does not matter if traffic is crawling at 20km/h or doing 80km/h - it does all by itself. Stops, starts. All you have to do is make sure you are aware of bends, aware of merging traffic, aware of late lane changers and most importantly adjusting distance to car in front according to the speed you do. On a very busy, but not jammed M50 I will not use it, but when it's crawling - it's a god sent invention. I drive to work mainly early morning 6.50 - 7.30 so M50 is fairly empty to comfortably do 80, 90 or even 100 together with traffic buddies :)

• Advertisement

I think I actually read it in the manual where it specifically warns against the use of adaptive cruise behind motorcyclists or just to be cautious, can't rem.

Yes, there is a picture of a moto and of a lorry in front, that car may not see end of lorry but only the chassis part hence you can hit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,750 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

5 days, 700km, €0.00 in electricity costs :p

Loving the car, drives very well, considering it's a budget FWD car from the far east! Love the linear no gear change acceleration which at least for the first few seconds is on a par with cars a lot more powerful than this. Leaving behind pretty much all other cars at the lights. All the time. And it costs me nothing :D

Minor annoyances:

1. While charging the two dangling plastic caps bang off the side of the car. I guess this is probably the same for most EVs?

2. There are 3 drive settings. Car starts up in Normal by default. Once you chose Eco, it will start up in Eco as default. But I don't like those, I only like Sport (by far the fastest - huge difference compared to those slow modes). But I have to touch the "Drive Mode" button once every time I start the car. Would have preferred not to have to do this every time. Maybe a software hack could change this? Did stuff like this myself on BMWs with a laptop, OBD2 to USB / serial RS232 connector and appropriate software, but wouldn't know where to start on Hyundai.

3. Welcome message every time you start the car, have to click ok for the welcome message to disappear. Will you ever FO? :rolleyes: Again, might be possible to program this away

And the big one:

4. Charge point cap in the rear left (where usually the petrol / diesel cap is in an Asian car). Makes car looks normal, and not like a "Noddy car" as herself calls the best selling EV :p, but this is in a terrible spot for an EV. The best spot of course is in the middle of the front of the bonnet, like the Leaf and many other EVs. Not only do you need to reverse in, which takes more time and is more likely to cause problems, particularly in my driveway and let's just say if it isn't me driving. It's worse on a fast charger like I've already come across a few times. Leaf or other car parked in left spot (it's gone now), so I can't even park in the right spot as the charger won't reach the "wrong" side of my car. Have to park like this to charge:

414494.jpg

Now this is my local fast charger and none of those parking spaces to the left or right of the fast charging spaces are ever taken, so there is plenty of space for me to park like that. But still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

5 days, 700km, €0.00 in electricity costs :p

Loving the car, drives very well, considering it's a budget FWD car from the far east! Love the linear no gear change acceleration which at least for the first few seconds is on a par with cars a lot more powerful than this. Leaving behind pretty much all other cars at the lights. All the time. And it costs me nothing :D

Minor annoyances:

1. While charging the two dangling plastic caps bang off the side of the car. I guess this is probably the same for most EVs?

2. There are 3 drive settings. Car starts up in Normal by default. Once you chose Eco, it will start up in Eco as default. But I don't like those, I only like Sport (by far the fastest - huge difference compared to those slow modes). But I have to touch the "Drive Mode" button once every time I start the car. Would have preferred not to have to do this every time. Maybe a software hack could change this? Did stuff like this myself on BMWs with a laptop, OBD2 to USB / serial RS232 connector and appropriate software, but wouldn't know where to start on Hyundai.

3. Welcome message every time you start the car, have to click ok for the welcome message to disappear. Will you ever FO? :rolleyes: Again, might be possible to program this away

And the big one:

4. Charge point cap in the rear left (where usually the petrol / diesel cap is in an Asian car). Makes car looks normal, and not like a "Noddy car" as herself calls the best selling EV :p, but this is in a terrible spot for an EV. The best spot of course is in the middle of the front of the bonnet, like the Leaf and many other EVs. Not only do you need to reverse in, which takes more time and is more likely to cause problems, particularly in my driveway and let's just say if it isn't me driving. It's worse on a fast charger like I've already come across a few times. Leaf or other car parked in left spot (it's gone now), so I can't even park in the right spot as the charger won't reach the "wrong" side of my car. Have to park like this to charge:

Now this is my local fast charger and none of those parking spaces to the left or right of the fast charging spaces are ever taken, so there is plenty of space for me to park like that. But still.

:D:D:D

Great parking job Unkel. Love the excuses too :pac:

I have a few niggly bits in my noddy car I don't like. The plastic caps banging is not something that happens though.

For me, it's the telemetics message every time I power on. The need to press ok or cancel.....annoying. Reminds me of a sat nav where you need to agree not to use it while driving.

The power mirrors don't work when the car is not on. Would be better if they retracted in power off mode.

The button arrangement for the charge timer and fuel flap etc. I must change this. Also would be great if they lit up when the car is powered off, just like the courtesy lights. I may need to do so rewiring here :D

that's all the niggly negatives. My favourite little thing is that there is just enough room behind the monitor to store my ecar card. And the screen can open/close when there is no power.

Forgot to say other owners were complaining about a rear brake issue. My test drive car had this too, it is an official recall / fix from Hyundai, but the VIN of my car doesn't show up and my car doesn't have the issue, so it must have been addressed before my car was manufactured

Also owners were complaining that default regen levels saved per driving style were resetting. This was sorted with the latest software / firmware. My car already had this latest version of the software / firmware from factory. Here is the latest version. Apologies, not a great picture, but you can still see the version. Check it against your car / here for future reference:

414501.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The cap on the plug of the charger for my Prius is slotted so it will clip onto the cable just below the plug, but I cannot find one single picture online of someone using this correctly :rolleyes:

From the manual:
    414502.png

I haven't seen any others like this.
    I would suspect they don't want to unintentionally leave the car in an "inefficient" mode, so there may be no option to change this. Sounds the same as the "PWR" mode on Toyota/Lexus hybrids which will always reset, and AFAIK there's no OBD-II PID to change this.
    If you're talking about the sat nav, I think it's some legal thing. But if you just leave it for 10 seconds or so, does it go away?
    4. Charge point cap in the rear left (where usually the petrol / diesel cap is in an Asian car). Makes car looks normal, and not like a "Noddy car" as herself calls the best selling EV :p, but this is in a terrible spot for an EV. The best spot of course is in the middle of the front of the bonnet, like the Leaf and many other EVs. Not only do you need to reverse in, which takes more time and is more likely to cause problems, particularly in my driveway and let's just say if it isn't me driving. It's worse on a fast charger like I've already come across a few times. Leaf or other car parked in left spot (it's gone now), so I can't even park in the right spot as the charger won't reach the "wrong" side of my car.

I'm not sure what the problem is with reversing in, and don't get the "takes more time" argument - it takes just as much time to reverse out ;). I have always reversed in to parking spaces - I learned to drive with a driveway surrounded by trees and tall hedges, and think reversing out into traffic in such a situation is madness. You'll get used to it :)

I'm in the same boat with the Prius Plug-in, except the charger port is on the other side, i.e. the wrong side for RHD street-side charging. :mad: 5m cable is usually enough for SCPs, but FCPs are of no use to me. I guess there's no such thing as a CCS extension lead?

I'm not sure what the problem is with reversing in

The problem is that if I reverse into the spot on the right (the one one the left was occupied), than the charger won't reach the car. It will only reach if I reverse into the spot on the left. Or if I park like I did above :p
    and don't get the "takes more time" argument - it takes just as much time to reverse out ;)

No it doesn't. It's always easier to move into a wide open space (road) than it is to move into a restricted space (parking space). It just requires less precision (but granted, more focus on safety of moving objects)

And I haste to add, I have no difficulty reversing into parking spaces or into my driveway. But my other half would prefer not too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I meant reversing in general - I understand the problem with the tethered charger as pictured.

I think it's almost harder to reverse out of a restricted space when the steering wheels are at the "wrong" end of the car, compared to reversing in. It's like trying to push a trolley when only the wheels at the handle end can turn - it's obviously designed to be pulled. And yes, I would reverse such a trolley into a tight space (e.g. going into a lift) :)

I've only damaged a side mirror once in 11 years of reversing into driveways...

The solution is to lay out rapid charging like petrol stations. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Chargepoint's express plus even has a moveable arm for the cable at the top of the chargepoint so even without doing a rapid each side of the island you can stretch the cable.

I think it's almost harder to reverse out of a restricted space

You might get an idea of my driveway too from my home charger thread. You have to take my word for it, it's a lot quicker and safer to drive straight in and reverse out.

At public car parks I usually reverse back in myself, depending on the size of the car and size of the space. From my next comment you know I agree with the core of what you are saying: the bigger the car and the smaller the space, the easier it is to reverse in (as opposed to driving in at angle). Obviousy parallel parking would be impossible to do forward in a tight space :)

cros13 wrote: »
    The solution is to lay out rapid charging like petrol stations. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Indeed

45738.jpg

I've made the point several times that the future of charging on the move is only something like this. Exactly like we have been getting petrol / diesel for many decades and hopefully almost as quick. With the majority of charging done at slow chargers overnight at your home in your drive / in your appartment / on your street, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

No it doesn't. It's always easier to move into a wide open space (road) than it is to move into a restricted space (parking space).

Does the Ioniq come with a reversing camera?

Yes reversing colour camera displayed on 8" touch screen is standard on all Irish / UK Ioniqs. And so is rear park distance control.

Just to confirm my assumption re pre-heating: it does not work if charging cable is not plugged in?

When the car is switched off and the charging cable is not plugged in? I sure hope not. The aux battery would be dead in 10-15 minutes...

• Advertisement

OK, that explains it. So basically without me having Charge Point installed I won't have warm car in the morning :D

Heating and A/C is run from the high voltage system not the Aux battery.

And it would be normal for it to still work when not connected to a chargepoint and above 10% SoC.... at least for most EVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My understanding from reading these threads is that, on the Leaf you can use the app to turn on the heating, to the temp you left it at when leaving the car last. The adv of doing it when plugged in, is that, you would draw on the house supply rather than diminish the charge on your main battery, not the small one.

Water John wrote: »
    My understanding from reading these threads is that, on the Leaf you can use the app to turn on the heating, to the temp you left it at when leaving the car last. The adv of doing it when plugged in, is that, you would draw on the house supply rather than diminish the charge on your main battery, not the small one.
    In Leaf you can adjust the pre heat/cool temperature from the settings somewhere. I can't remember where though but I set mine at 20 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Water John wrote: »
    My understanding from reading these threads is that, on the Leaf you can use the app to turn on the heating, to the temp you left it at when leaving the car last.

Not the case. I thought it was, then last "summer" I was getting frustrated that I drove to work with the actual set to 16 and when I turned on the account from the app it was baking the car to 30!

There is a setting in the menu that dictates what temperature it heats to when activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭woppers

I stumbled across this device when I was trying to figure out if Hyundai Blue Link was going to be released in Ireland.

It's car diagnostic OBD2 connector with an app which claims that it can customise car software. I don't know if it's any good but it might be worth investigating.

http://www.caristaapp.com/#features

woppers wrote: »
    I stumbled across this device when I was trying to figure out if Hyundai Blue Link was going to be released in Ireland.

It's car diagnostic OBD2 connector with an app which claims that it can customise car software. I don't know if it's any good but it might be worth investigating.

http://www.caristaapp.com/#features

Most of those things don't support EVs.

So my consumption so far for couple of days M50 driving mostly is 13.8kWh/100km. Not driving like pensioner but not like maniac either. Acceleration done mostly just above ECO bar or 1 or 2 bars before. Not avoiding doing 120 where possible, basically normal driving for me.
    Looking at this it looks like I can have 2 days without charging the car (38km one way), but not planning on doing so as it's better to be charged than not in case need some extra KM done after work.

Not entirely happy with tires. Michelin Energy Savers, yesterday had ESP turned on few times which never happened with 225/40/r18 GoodYear EfficientGrip on Subaru... maybe it's 4 wheel drive which made impact as well.

Still do not have home charger installed at home. Escalated on Mon and received phone call literally within an hour from installer just to say "I will try to do it end of this week", knowing it's Fri I don't think I am getting my CP today. Not a big deal though as Turvey FCP is on my way home and I just pop in there for quick 10-15min top-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

So my consumption so far for couple of days M50 driving mostly is 13.8kWh/100km. Not driving like pensioner but not like maniac either. Acceleration done mostly just above ECO bar or 1 or 2 bars before. Not avoiding doing 120 where possible, basically normal driving for me.
    Looking at this it looks like I can have 2 days without charging the car (38km one way), but not planning on doing so as it's better to be charged than not in case need some extra KM done after work.

Not entirely happy with tires. Michelin Energy Savers, yesterday had ESP turned on few times which never happened with 225/40/r18 GoodYear EfficientGrip on Subaru... maybe it's 4 wheel drive which made impact as well.

Still do not have home charger installed at home. Escalated on Mon and received phone call literally within an hour from installer just to say "I will try to do it end of this week", knowing it's Fri I don't think I am getting my CP today. Not a big deal though as Turvey FCP is on my way home and I just pop in there for quick 10-15min top-up.

13.8kWh/100km in this weather so probably looking at 15-16kWh in wet/winter months. Not bad but definitely will be shy of the hopeful 200-250km ranges in cooler months.

• Advertisement

I noticed that if you do get a bit for city driving, like few junctions, traffic and etc - the number drops quickly. Me, on the other hand is literally motorway driving. I get out house on to the road and all the way until I merge in to M50 I have just one traffic light (Donabate Junction over M1) then the only first stop I make is traffic light on Main Road in Tallaght Village not so far from new Lidl's Head Office where I work. So people who are doing more city driving would get very high range.

s.welstead wrote: »
    13.8kWh/100km in this weather so probably looking at 15-16kWh in wet/winter months. Not bad but definitely will be shy of the hopeful 200-250km ranges in cooler months.

I got 15.3 Kwh/100 Kms over 207 Kms which matches closely the EPA results. Which would suggest more like 180 Kms to "empty"

A more efficient car absolutely but not really a 200 Km car in real life non hypermiling driving certainly not in the colder months. Perhaps in warmer weather.

But, the Ioniq charges so fast that it's not a huge deal as I said in my review of the Ioniq that you could cover 300 kms with maybe a 30 min fast charge, perhaps you might have to limit your speed a bit but it could be done a lot easier than in a 24 Kwh Leaf that's for sure.

Based on my experience the Ioniq is about 2-2.5 kwh/100 Kms more efficient than the Leaf.

I had averaged 16.1 Kwh/100 kms in the Ioniq at the turn off for work because of the poorer weather conditions, which I would have seen around 19 Kwh/100 Kms in the Leaf. I'm an experienced EV driver, wasn't going mad and wasn't crawling, 110 Kph most of 61 Kms to the turn off for work. That's not bad at all and by the time I finished the 207 Km drive had averaged 15.3 Kwh/100 kms mainly due to dryer roads and slower speeds, mainly C and D routes through Wicklow from Wicklow Town Through Baltinglass.

Taking the older non national routes is a good idea to boost range, the difference at 80-90 Kph is amazing. I find the older national routes to be a lot more pleasurable to drive when I'm not in a rush and I'm not going through towns at peak times, hitting school traffic etc.

Would you take a 60 Kwh EV or an 30 Kwh Ev that could charge in 10 mins ?

Would you take the faster charging EV for more fast charging even if it were for a very short time ?

I'd rather a 60 Kwh Ev that could charge in 10 mins ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I would prefer a higher range and longer charge times than less range and faster charging.

A 10 minute charge time isn't any use to you if a charger is broken, ICEd or has a queue.

As above. I'd rather have longer range even by 50km or so and then charge safely home or have a chance to reach other CP which is not ICEd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I would prefer a higher range and longer charge times than less range and faster charging.

A 10 minute charge time isn't any use to you if a charger is broken, ICEd or has a queue.

Very easy fix. Start putting in EV stations and start getting away from fuel stations.

I couldn't believe it when I saw they put in a Texaco at new town mount Kennedy and the space it has taken.

Why can't we look over seas at how they are really changing and become greener at the same time.

• Advertisement

Well you see we're over a year behind the charger roll out due to the ESB not getting a decision as to whether they can have complete control over the network or not. That's over a year with no new chargers installed which puts us significantly behind.

Garages are not going to install chargers due to the expense and if they did you'd pay a high price to use them, which in itself isn't a huge deal unless you needed to use them daily as your only means of charging but there is no money to be made in it though there isn't a lot to be made from petrol or diesel either and the shop makes most of the income.

The other issue is power availability.

We're going to need 100 Kw + pretty soon, and if you had 6 chargers as you might 6 fuel pumps that's 600 Kw worth of juice which is significant.

I think we're going to need future charger sites built very close to high Kva networks and have more of these high power sources available.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's true about the city driving, here's todays commute from Ongar to Docklands.
    E88NMIal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

liamog wrote: »
    It's true about the city driving, here's todays commute from Ongar to Docklands.
    E88NMIal.jpg

Those figures are absolutely fantastic...

Good except for city driving you don't need 200 Km + range lol.

Unless of course you're only means of charging are public charge points.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That's fantastic.
    If I'm honest I thought my Leaf would have been more efficient in the city.
    I currently 99.9% city driving and I average 18kw/100km.

I had it down to 17 on a Dublin-Cavan trip.
    Now I don't fly around the place but I don't drive it like miss daisy either.

• Advertisement

It's very simple. Ioniq is a 200km motorway (100km/h) or 300km city / mixed driving car. Less obviously on the handful of cold days we have in winter. But even Nyland got nearly 200km out of it in the middle of winter in Norway (-7C). I do have regen at 2 though, I get the impression that makes the car very efficient. 3 is too aggressive for me and 2 is too aggressive on motorways, so then I switch it to 1 (for those unfamiliar, it goes from 0 to 3 with 0 being no regen at all)

Have the car charging on my home charger for the first time, just to check that it's working. At full fat daytime rate. Was 90% charged already so it's gonna cost me €0.40 :eek: :D:p

Had to park the car less than 10cm from the wall of the house to fit the charger. Won't be doing that again until I get my 15m cable.
    kceire wrote: »
    I currently 99.9% city driving and I average 18kw/100km.

City driving with a normal foot will see a single figure average per 100km in the Ioniq. In South Korea on the motorways (without regen) at a low average speed they got a bit over 7kWh/100 km which is unbelievable without regen!

I actually have Regen always on 3 and simply do not release foot fully if I see traffic slowing down. Even if you release accelerator half way or 2/3-way, regen already kicks in. That is - you do not need to release accelerator fully for regeneration to start.

Regen is very good, I rarely use brakes on this car. Only to fully stop or when it's something I could not have planned.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

We drive with regen zero. Pulse and glide is great for city driving.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's very simple. Ioniq is a 200km motorway (100km/h) or 300km city / mixed driving car. Less obviously on the handful of cold days we have in winter. But even Nyland got nearly 200km out of it in the middle of winter in Norway (-7C). I do have regen at 2 though, I get the impression that makes the car very efficient. 3 is too aggressive for me and 2 is too aggressive on motorways, so then I switch it to 1 (for those unfamiliar, it goes from 0 to 3 with 0 being no regen at all)

Have the car charging on my home charger for the first time, just to check that it's working. At full fat daytime rate. Was 90% charged already so it's gonna cost me €0.40 :eek: :D:p

Had to park the car less than 10cm from the wall of the house to fit the charger. Won't be doing that again until I get my 15m cable.

City driving with a normal foot will see a single figure average per 100km in the Ioniq. In South Korea on the motorways (without regen) at a low average speed they got a bit over 7kWh/100 km which is unbelievable without regen!

Yeah I suppose I just have to realize that Leaf tech is 7 years old and while it changed the game, the game has moved on.

Hopefully by the time I'm upgrading there will be significant improvements available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

So I know there are at least 2 new owners on here (Unkel, Mope).
    How are ye getting on?
    I know the point and squirtability of the EV probably has ye driving a bit more uneconomically than ye normally would, but what sort of "real world" range are ye getting? Are ye comfortably over the 200km per charge range?
    Any weird rattle/squeaks/niggles?
    Glad ye took the plunge?

I've only had my Leaf for 6 days, and even though I got into it as cheap as possible, the comfort/drive/effortlessness of it all has me wondering if I'll trade up to a new EV and double/treble my current range!

Soarer wrote: »
    So I know there are at least 2 new owners on here (Unkel, Mope).
    How are ye getting on?
    I know the point and squirtability of the EV probably has ye driving a bit more uneconomically than ye normally would, but what sort of "real world" range are ye getting? Are ye comfortably over the 200km per charge range?
    Any weird rattle/squeaks/niggles?
    Glad ye took the plunge?

I've only had my Leaf for 6 days, and even though I got into it as cheap as possible, the comfort/drive/effortlessness of it all has me wondering if I'll trade up to a new EV and double/treble my current range!

At the minute I'm getting about 220km with mine. I've done about 9200km, and over that time averaged 13.6kwh/100km. The only issues has been the grinding brakes, which a recall was issued for.

Everything else has been great, it's been a revelation and I can't see myself going back to an ICE.

This thread is too long anyway and it's of no real use to anyone any more.

Not entirely sure how to tell my range. Just topped it up to 94prcnt at FCP. Range shown 201km when started. My wife is driving the car the weekend. Avg still around 13.6kWh.
    Loving every bit of the car so far.

I think I have just discovered one thing which might be an issue along the line. Question for other IONIQ users: your door handles are not becoming finger print magnets? Especially back ones? I see clear marks where hands are put. The material seems to attract them.

The car is serving us already, got some stuff transported, 6x25kg bags of gravel, shovel in one go and a garden box from Lidl which fit perfectly between driver and passenger in the cabin creating interesting barrier between wife and husband :D

Could someone answer me re difference in charging points marked on Hyundai satnav? Some are brown, some are blue. I have selected to show 3 types of chsrgers in the menus.

I'm also not 100prcnt sure how Power Button operates as sometimes I'm not getting same results after pushing the button. If I want to just drive after sitting in the car-depress brake, power button, D and of u go. But other scenarios are a bit of mystery, need more observation.
    Example: parked outside my house to get wireless and play with menus, after some time a message showed up saying please use these menus whyle ignition is On, well I pressed Power Button and continued playing through menus, but again same message showed up leaving me doubting if I know what is what. Manual time? Or, IONIQ drivers meet anyone? ðŸ‘

If you press the button with the brake depressed the car is fully on.
    Press the button once without the brake and the 12v system is on, entertainment etc...
    Press the button a second time without the brake and the car is on but won't drive unless you press it a third time with the brake depressed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement