Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,750 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Perfect temps for Ioniq today, 27C here in Lucan. Drove at least as hard as usual and got 9.7kWh/100km :D

UK Fleet News Awards best zero emissions vehicle 2017. Award presented by the UK Transport Minister (for some media gravitas no doubt)

Candidates:

BMW i3
    Hyundai Ioniq
    Nissan Leaf
    Renault Zoe
    Tesla Model S
    Volkswagen e-Golf

And the winner is..... :D

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

unkel wrote: »
    Perfect temps for Ioniq today, 27C here in Lucan. Drove at least as hard as usual and got 9.7kWh/100km :D

I got 10.2 for my work run, which I was delighted with. Below is my last few days, minus today.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

What tyres would you be putting on one of these? Trying to get to a total running cost..

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What tyres would you be putting on one of these? Trying to get to a total running cost..

Thanks

It comes on Michelin energy saver a/s, designed for electric cars to maximise efficiency. Looks like they're about 80e a wheel.

That seems very cheap for Michelin tyres. Any linky?

That seems very cheap for Michelin tyres. Any linky?

Found them here: http://www.oponeo.ie/tyres-list/michelin-tyres/205-55-r16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is the offer if the free home charge point still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, some body around here said it was extended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pacifico wrote: »
    Is the offer if the free home charge point still available?

Yes. On new cars.

Thanks!

What kind of price are people getting for a 172 with full leather?

Thanks!

What kind of price are people getting for a 172 with full leather?

I'm paying €29,450 with the leather, but hope to take it on a 171 plate if it's ready in time.

I'm paying €29,450 with the leather, but hope to take it on a 171 plate if it's ready in time.

Thanks...that include keyless also? Are there any other options available? Not much info on the Hyundai site!

Thanks...that include keyless also? Are there any other options available? Not much info on the Hyundai site!

The "premium" spec (only one offered on the EV in Ireland), with leather fitted as an extra. Includes keyless entry, cruise control, lane assist, rear camera and all the other gubbins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I take it that you are not taking the 4k scrappage offer?

positron wrote: »
    I take it that you are not taking the 4k scrappage offer?

Correct!

€80 a corner, that's a bargain. Thanks for posting!

Can't get them for the SVE LEaf, 215/50/17

I need tyres soon after 25,000 Kms compared to 45K on the original which were dreadful in the wet.

• Advertisement

Mine will cost about 150 per tyre ! :eek: A lot more than I wanted to pay with 7 months left on the lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

Mine will cost about 150 per tyre ! :eek: A lot more than I wanted to pay with 7 months left on the lease.

I got these - Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 215/50R17 91W for €115 each (supply only). Excellent tyres and fantastic in the wet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Man 42/44/48 battery for €30k would have me throwing money at this car.

With the average 12kWh/100km that we commonly see reported here, you would be looking at ranges like:

42 - 350km
    44 - 360km
    48 - 400km

In other words, Dublin to Cork with no charging with ease. Might even be able to do it at 140km/h most of the way without stopping to charge :D

Only thing that might have me reconsidering is a cross over with similar range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I am sure Hyundai is thinking along the same lines too with their Hyundai Kona (see the other thread here). 2018 is going to be interesting - Nissan Leaf 2, and Hyundai's upgrades to Ioniq to out-do Leaf 2, the Kona and Nissan probably would do something with their Qashqai to couteract.. and finally the Model 3 deliveries - that I believe will truly kick start the mass adoption of electric cars around the world. And a bunch of European car markers will take in massive loses as they have been caught napping at the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Seriously interested in this, currently driving a 141 Fiesta Diesel, I get about 50mpg (well short of the 80 promised). I drive 50km to work each way motorway mainly, 90k on the clock. I might get €12k as a trade-in so could come up with the extra €17k myself or maybe do PCP, current fuel costs are about €2k annually and servicing is about €500 per annum. We generate our own electricity at work so I am sure I could wrangle free charging somehow. Is it worth it for me though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

patmac wrote: »
    Seriously interested in this, currently driving a 141 Fiesta Diesel, I get about 50mpg (well short of the 80 promised). I drive 50km to work each way motorway mainly, 90k on the clock. I might get €12k as a trade-in so could come up with the extra €17k myself or maybe do PCP, current fuel costs are about €2k annually and servicing is about €500 per annum. We generate our own electricity at work so I am sure I could wrangle free charging somehow. Is it worth it for me though?

Thats the clincher. If you have free work charging you immediately have a €2k saving per year.

Even without free work charging you'll still save money on fuel (probably about €1600 or so).

Just weigh up the cost of having to buy the Ioniq against driving the Fiesta into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sounds like you would be an ideal candidate for it. You would save €2000 per year on the Diesel with free work charging (even at home would only cost about €200 per year).

Road tax drops to €120

5 years of free servicing *

* Alternatively if you can get your hands on a banger, you could instead get the 4k scrappage deal and sell your Fiesta privately. Servicing EV's is much cheaper anyway, hardly any moving parts.

And of course you end up with a bigger, newer car, with all the latest gadgets.

With a €10k deposit you are looking at a PCP of €374 per month for 37 months and then a €8k final payment.

KCross wrote: »
    Thats the clincher. If you have free work charging you immediately have a €2k saving per year.

Even without free work charging you'll still save money on fuel (probably about €1600 or so).

Just weigh up the cost of having to buy the Ioniq against driving the Fiesta into the ground.
    Yeah that's the key really, I could imagine the Fiesta being worthless in about 3-4 years as the electric cars become more popular. So do I run it into the ground or not, going to have to do some mathematical thinking on the whole situation.

Yeah that's the key really, I could imagine the Fiesta being worthless in about 3-4 years as the electric cars become more popular. So do I run it into the ground or not, going to have to do some mathematical thinking on the whole situation.

I think part of what makes the maths more difficult, is that you are already in one of the most fuel efficient cars you can get. So leaving aside Diesel being bad for your health, you already made a wise purchasing decision for your commute.

But you also need to think about the fact that it is a much larger car then you currently have, newer and with lots of newer fancy tech features. Not just the EV nature of it, but things like reversing cameras, Android and Apple car play integration, wireless charging, etc.

You have to think if you decide to run the Fiesta into the ground, will you continue to be happy with driving such a small car, even 10 years from now? What if you end up with family and kids, etc.?

So you should definitely do the maths, but I also think you should take a test drive to get a proper understanding of how different a category of car this is and how that might change your thoughts on the maths.

On the other hand, if your not under pressure to upgrade now. Then newer EV's with bigger batteries should be along in the next year or two. Perhaps with more choice and perhaps even cheaper prices (for cars with the same battery size as today).

Your €17k will cost you an extra €6k per year for the next 3 years. Minus the €2500 on fuel and annual maintenance. So about €3500 extra per year for 3 years.

Though obviously it will continue to save you money beyond that. It will take roughly 8 years in total to pay back the cost of buying the Ioniq, versus keeping the Fiesta. Beyond that it would be making you money.

But you have to keep in mind for those 8 years you are gaining the benefit of a bigger, newer, more high tech and comfortable car. Probably a whole lot more fun to drive then a Diesel Fiesta too :D

highdef wrote: »
    I got these - Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 215/50R17 91W for €115 each (supply only). Excellent tyres and fantastic in the wet.

That's what I have on and got just over 22,000 Kms to almost worn, might get 25,000. Compared to 45,000 for the EC300's.

Just imagine that the Zoe 40 Kwh costs 29K top spec (battery included) and the leaf cost 30K for 24 Kwh in 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Interesting little commercial / Overview for the Ioniq

Some other questions:
    How much is the installation charge for the home charger, is PCP a viable option, and will my insurance premium change?

Some other questions:
    How much is the installation charge for the home charger, is PCP a viable option, and will my insurance premium change?

Free from ESB.
    Your financial choices are your own, PCP is not my cup of tea.
    I got quotes which show it lower and higher.

Will be putting a deposit on tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Will be putting a deposit on tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully.

When will you get car once deposit is down.

mad m wrote: »
    When will you get car once deposit is down.

July they say

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

I always buy my tires of camskill.co.uk. best price I could find online+what is even more important for me is that tires were only few weeks or months from factory. Fresh rubber.
    Got Efficiency Grip r18 myself too. Excellent tires. (That reminds me need to sell them, almost new tires :( )

For the IONIQ not sure what next tires will be. Im not driving aggressive enough to test cornering grip to it's max even on Energy savers. They look to do the job just right for the driving I do.

Mope wrote: »
    I always buy my tires of camskill.co.uk. best price I could find online+what is even more important for me is that tires were only few weeks or months from factory. Fresh rubber.
    Got Efficiency Grip r18 myself too. Excellent tires. (That reminds me need to sell them, almost new tires :( )

I'd also recommend
    www.tyreleader.ie

Marginally cheaper for the G'year Efficient Grip Performance than camskill after you add in delivery cost on camskill.

4 tyres inc delivery is €494
    https://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=113586

€476 on tyre leader
    https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance/215-50-r17-95w-499281

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Hi Guys,

hope you can provide a bit of advice.

I am currently doing about 130km commute per day (galway city to mayo) and considering buying the Ioniq. I had a test drive last week and I am very happy with the car. Considering all the options at the moment, e.g. trade in or PCP so if you could help with couple of questions for me I would be grateful.

1. How does the scrappage work - can I just buy any random old cheap car and put it for scrappage and get the 4000 euro off?
    2. Those of you who already bought the Ioniq (full electric), what price did you manage to negotiate from the dealer?
    3. What are the possible extras you can buy for the car - what does the premium pack consist and how much is it? Is the metallic blue marine colour an extra or is that standard?
    4. Any of use have used the valuation tool on the Hyundai website to get the value for the trade in? I have and I got around 6k but one of dealers only offered 4k anyway - so what is the point of that tool? If I am only getting the 4k anyway for my car, would I not be better to get some scrappage car and sell mine privately?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Fermi

1. Depends. Officially your scrappage car needs to be taxed, NCTd and in your name for some time (iirc the exact terms are somewhere on the Hyundai.ie website). In practice some dealers are interested in the details, others don't care and so you can buy any €50 banger and use it for scrappage (that was the case when I bought in January)

2. Just over €25k all-in, including delivery, mats and metallic paint. Trading in a worthless banger with a few weeks NCT left, that was likely scrapped

3. None. Only one version in Ireland. Pretty high spec though. Dealer can fit extras aftermarket, but they are poor value for money (and I wouldn't trust the dealer to do it properly). If you must have the very high spec premium SE version they get in the UK, import one

4. I haven't. And yes, you are always better off selling your own car if you buy a new car.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Buying Summer Tyres in Summer is always going to be a good bit more expensive, Winter in Winter.

Just to Note, one night I checked Eiretyres and the goodyears were listed at about 160 per tyre, next day they were about 110.

• Advertisement

The Continental PremiumContact 6 got fantastic reviews and seem to last much longer 150 a tyre on eiretyres. They're rated at 72 DB though 3 more than the Goodyears, that's a lot !

I might give the sport blu response a go again on the Leaf, I liked them on the Prius, I don't want to go too mad with only 6 months left on my PCP !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Buying Summer Tyres in Summer is always going to be a good bit more expensive, Winter in Winter.

Just to Note, one night I checked Eiretyres and the goodyears were listed at about 160 per tyre, next day they were about 110.

Where can you get them fitted though, that's always been my problem. When I lived down south there was a good place near cashel that used to fit tires for €10 per corner.

Anywhere around the louth area? Or even meath/cavan/north dublin.

BTW those prices are for my profile, 215/50/17 expensive tyres to get.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Where can you get them fitted though, that's always been my problem. When I lived down south there was a good place near cashel that used to fit tires for €10 per corner.

A friend of mine has a mobile fitting service ! Carlow area. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Carlow to louth? and would he fit tires bought online if so? Can't imagine someone driving to louth from carlow to fit 4 tires!

Ah no you'd have to drive to him, he does break downs too etc.

He tried to fit tyres for another leaf owner in Carlow at the fast charger and security ran him off the Pri**s ! Would have been so convenient, charge while tyres are being fitted !

ELM327 wrote: »

Checkout www.tyreleader.ie.
    When you go to pay on their website it gives you a list of signed up fitters. They deliver the tyres directly to them. You arrive in and pay for the fitting and away you go. Very easy process.

Most charge between €10-15 per corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Fermi wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

hope you can provide a bit of advice.

I am currently doing about 130km commute per day (galway city to mayo) and considering buying the Ioniq. I had a test drive last week and I am very happy with the car. Considering all the options at the moment, e.g. trade in or PCP so if you could help with couple of questions for me I would be grateful.

1. How does the scrappage work - can I just buy any random old cheap car and put it for scrappage and get the 4000 euro off?
    2. Those of you who already bought the Ioniq (full electric), what price did you manage to negotiate from the dealer?
    3. What are the possible extras you can buy for the car - what does the premium pack consist and how much is it? Is the metallic blue marine colour an extra or is that standard?
    4. Any of use have used the valuation tool on the Hyundai website to get the value for the trade in? I have and I got around 6k but one of dealers only offered 4k anyway - so what is the point of that tool? If I am only getting the 4k anyway for my car, would I not be better to get some scrappage car and sell mine privately?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Fermi

I think the only options are..

Metallic paint: €795
    Leather: €1995
    Service plan :€420
    Floor mats: €65
    Rubber boot liner :€80
    Tinted glass:€400
    Paint & fabric protection :€300

Other than that it is just the one model available in ireland, the blue colour is just a normal metallic colour (€795)

p.s. anybody who has th ioniq - are the headlights LED or Xenon as the sheet i got from the dealer says Xenon but the specs on the Hyundai website state the headlights are LED... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

The leather is an aftermarket job carried out by the dealer. It doesn't come from the factory with leather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

1. Depends. Officially your scrappage car needs to be taxed, NCTd and in your name for some time (iirc the exact terms are somewhere on the Hyundai.ie website). In practice some dealers are interested in the details, others don't care and so you can buy any €50 banger and use it for scrappage (that was the case when I bought in January)

So, in theory if I find a dealer who is "flexible" in this area, I might do the same... :) But not sure if they would like that.
    On the other hand, if they can give 4k discount for car worth nothing, they also should be able to give me some good discount anyway...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement