Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Should have mine by next Saturday!!! Can't bloody wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

Picking mine up Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Should have mine this week, Black Ioniq :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Congrats chaps. Don't think there'll be many more on the roads until October!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

For those of you that are getting the ioniq, has your free charge point been installed yet? i got my card for the public charge points but no sign of the charge point installation yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

@Moreilly: Best to give them a call. More likely to get sorted faster that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

First longish day trip in Ioniq taking the kids to see the rock of Cashel >300km return. Efficiency probably brutal, wind rain, lights, air con and cruise control set at 140 most of the way won't help :p. Will post figures tomorrow...

Our Own dexter took the 40 Kwh Zoe for a spin today and he would have probably managed just over 300 kms but took a 10 min charge just in case, granted not even doing 100 Kph but suits his roads. Efficiency around 13.0 Kwh/100 Kms. Same weather conditions, wind, rain etc.

No figures on efficiency until tomorrow, but stopped in Ballacolla to charge. Bit of a recce for next week going to the south and it is indeed a nice stopping point not just for the car, but for the whole family to charge up

And so I did, although it wasn't without issue. Took several attempts to start charging. Charged for a few seconds then stopped, telling me there was a problem. Red button, made no difference. Rang eCars, and they could see what the charger was doing, but very worryingly, they were not able to communicate with the charger or reset it :(

Had a few more attempts and then it started charging, and charged to full (94%) no problem.

On to Cashel and back to Midway. Another decent place to charge, several places that do food, etc. And the standard efacec charger that normally barely gives me 50kW at a peak, seemed to be on steroids. 6% to 94% in what seemed to be under half an hour!

421260.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Spotted my first 2 Ioniqs in the wild last week.

A white one parked along the road between Whitegate and Middleton in Cork, then a grey one heading off the M50 in Dublin.

Lovely looking cars.

Moreilly wrote: »
    For those of you that are getting the ioniq, has your free charge point been installed yet? i got my card for the public charge points but no sign of the charge point installation yet...

Not heard from contractor yet but I'm only 10 working days into the 14 allotted before escalation. Honestly, I'm not planning on chasing it up, figure things may be a bit backlogged around the 172 start and I'm lucky enough that I can do my charging in work anyway.

How long does it take to get card sent from esb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How long does it take to get card sent from esb?

That seems to be the only efficient area of the ecars team...

When I bought my car I emailed them proof of purchase and had my cards within 3-4 days as far as I recall.

I recently had to email them to get new cards sent out as the old ones had cracked (from being in my arse pocket) and they arrived even faster.

To register 172 the dealer has to wait until 1st of July? True or false, or is this obvious 😭

To register 172 the dealer has to wait until 1st of July? True or false, or is this obvious ��

Has to wait till the 3rd as they don't do registrations on Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Hopefully collecting ours next week- Aurora Silver 172D.

Saw my first Ioniq in the wild last week just locally, can't wait to join the EV world. Do I have to apply for home charger or is it part of the grant application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Ballylad wrote: »
    Just purchased ioniq demo from Hyundai carlow, very impressed with sport mode!, will be waiting while for home charger, how do get a charge card for public charger points? Thnks

Hope you don't mind me asking...
    What chunk did you manage to get them to shave off the brand new price having in mind you bought their demo car?

unkel wrote: »
    No figures on efficiency until tomorrow

322km round trip, 17.1kWh/100km

Not too bad considering I had CC on 140km/h (135km/h actual) for most of it. But goes to show even in Ioniq, range drops rapidly when you speed up. The trip would have cost me €50 in petrol in my previous car. In this car it cost me €0.00 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

peposhi wrote: »
    What chunk did you manage to get them to shave off the brand new price having in mind you bought their demo car?
    Hi, had a trade in, but price was 27900 with 600 mile on clock

peposhi wrote: »

Nah, doesn't happen. There was a '16 Ioniq on Autotrader a few weeks ago for £19,995 (a bit over €23k landed) but that was a bit of a misprice I think. Cheapest now on Autotrader is another '16 for £20,779 (a bit over €24k landed).

Paid a bit over €25k for mine brand new (and got free EVSE installation, something you won't get when you import second hand from the UK)

With demand much higher than supply, the Ioniq in Ireland has yet to depreciate a cent. Cheapest Ioniq on DoneDeal is €27,990

No doubt the arrival of the higher battery capacity one (and other higher range EVs) next year will make a difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

And so I did, although it wasn't without issue. Took several attempts to start charging. Charged for a few seconds then stopped, telling me there was a problem. Red button, made no difference. Rang eCars, and they could see what the charger was doing, but very worryingly, they were not able to communicate with the charger or reset it :(

Had a few more attempts and then it started charging, and charged to full (94%) no problem.

On to Cashel and back to Midway. Another decent place to charge, several places that do food, etc. And the standard efacec charger that normally barely gives me 50kW at a peak, seemed to be on steroids. 6% to 94% in what seemed to be under half an hour!

I have encountered that exact same issue at Ballacolla. ecars were able to reboot it remotely which fixed it for me though, still annoying though as I was about 15 mins on the phone. There are definitely sporadic firmware issues with them Efacec points, especially with CCS and the Ioniq. I see in the latest ecars newsletter that they have been/are rolling out firmware updates to FCPs so hopefully these issues will get ironed out in time. Funnily enough I have actually heard that the point in Midway is on a much older firmware version hence why it dishes out 65kW. I think 55kW is the most I've gotten from any Efacec points around Cork.
    322km round trip, 17.1kWh/100km

Not too bad considering I had CC on 140km/h (135km/h actual) for most of it. But goes to show even in Ioniq, range drops rapidly when you speed up. The trip would have cost me €50 in petrol in my previous car. In this car it cost me €0.00 :p

Your efficiency figures seem spot on from what I've experienced. On the motorway driving at 120km/h with cruise control I would say you are pretty much guaranteed 150km in an Ioniq. Whatever is left over then is your buffer in case your planned charge point is out of action and you need to carry on to another point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Agree, the price for a demo car have not gone much down. The Hyundai dealer in Kidare was quite spot on back in the end of Jan when he predicted the prices coming end of June.

Whatever is left over then is your buffer in case your planned charge point is out of action and you need to carry on to another point.

Yeah this was the first trip that I really relied on FCP. Unfortunately it has taught me hat you have to keep some juice in the battery to be able to reach a slow charger in case the fast charger doesn't work.

This obviously decreases the real life range. Down to 150km or even a good bit less if you like to cruise at 140-150km/h. The good thing here is that no other EV can cruise at 150km/h, only Ioniq and the Teslas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah this was the first trip that I really relied on FCP. Unfortunately it has taught me hat you have to keep some juice in the battery to be able to reach a slow charger in case the fast charger doesn't work.

This obviously decreases the real life range. Down to 150km or even a good bit less if you like to cruise at 140-150km/h. The good thing here is that no other EV can cruise at 150km/h, only Ioniq and the Teslas :D
    I've a photo of my leaf cruise control set to 157km/h, and another of the speedo showing 161 km/h, both on private ground of course, that would beg to differ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've a photo of my leaf cruise control set to 157km/h, and another of the speedo showing 161 km/h, both on private ground of course, that would beg to differ! :D

With about 20 mins of range.

thierry14 wrote: »
    With about 20 mins of range.
    Was not mentioned.

At 157km/h cruise control speed (using extrapolated watt hour per kilometer data) I have covered 60 kilometers . So it;s more than 20 minutes. FYI.

What car do you drive?

Ioniq, Zoe ze40, 30kWh leaf should all be capable of that tbh

Best thing to do is to test one in Winter. But the above mentioned cars should do this no problem.

Before buying new now wait for the review of the New Leaf, should be the EPA test result by the end of the Autumn or early Winter. If doing lots of motorway driving like I am then the Pro Pilot should be of particular interest, seemingly being capable of motorway driving without you needing to do anything other than hold the wheel with one finger, whether that remains the case for the production car is anyone's guess. Still worth while waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

I managed to drive 232km in one day (Saturday) (entire range of the car given day)... and loved every minute of it :-] Reaching 9000km soon since 11th of April.

I am getting my 4sqm CP cable changed to 6sqm this Wed morning. Fair play for ESB and Nigel. I had to follow up few times, but it's OK, they did stick to their promise of doing this. Future proving a little, just in case I get 6kW CP done...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Best thing to do is to test one in Winter. But the above mentioned cars should do this no problem.

Before buying new now wait for the review of the New Leaf, should be the EPA test result by the end of the Autumn or early Winter. If doing lots of motorway driving like I am then the Pro Pilot should be of particular interest, seemingly being capable of motorway driving without you needing to do anything other than hold the wheel with one finger, whether that remains the case for the production car is anyone's guess. Still worth while waiting for.

Pro Pilot looks to be the same as the Ioniq's LKAS + Smart Cruise Control.

The only catch being that you need to switch LKAS to Active in the menus, by default it's just a moaney beep.

I find it a great system and handles Irish Primary roads quite well.

• Advertisement

No it's a lot more advanced than the Ioniq, that lane keep assist in the Ioniq is lethal. Nissan's version can drive itself properly and keep within the lane, the Ioniq can't do this at all and hardly cope with a bend without crossing the line.

Was not mentioned.

At 157km/h cruise control speed (using extrapolated watt hour per kilometer data) I have covered 60 kilometers . So it;s more than 20 minutes. FYI.

What car do you drive?

20 mins is about right then if you covered 60km @ 157km/h

Ice baby 😛

No it's a lot more advanced than the Ioniq, that lane keep assist in the Ioniq is lethal. Nissan's version can drive itself properly and keep within the lane, the Ioniq can't do this at all and hardly cope with a bend without crossing the line.

Works very well for me on Motorway, Dual-carriage way and higher quality N roads. You just need to be vigilant when passing exits on the motorway/dual-carriageway basically anywhere the hard-shoulder line breaks as this can cause the lane-assist to disable. I have pretty much drove hands and leg free from Cork to Dublin with the exception of stopping off to charge. The only annoying thing is the prompt to hold the steering wheel every 10 seconds or so.

I haven't drove a Leaf 2 yet so can't comment on that but I'll be sure to test drive one. After a brief test drive I should know everything about the car, even more than any owners will ever know. Stay tuned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

After a brief test drive I should know everything about the car, even more than any owners will ever know. Stay tuned.

I'm intrigued.

20 mins is about right then if you covered 60km @ 157km/h

Ice baby ��
    I see you didnt answer my question
    what car do you drive

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I beg to differ, ours regularly stays within the lines and handles corners.
    Did you have it set to active when you were testing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

After a brief test drive I should know everything about the car, even more than any owners will ever know. Stay tuned.
    Soarer wrote: »
    I'm intrigued.

Me too. A fairly lofty perch he's sitting on there! :P

liamog wrote: »

:D

Now thats funny. I can just see MadLad going down the road thinking he has lane assist on and swerving over and back muttering... this thing is lethal!

I see you didnt answer my question

Fabia Rs

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm intrigued.
    KCross wrote: »
    Me too. A fairly lofty perch he's sitting on there! :P

I'm just bemused how a guy who test drove an Ioniq a few months consistently knows more about the car than any of us owners with our puny few months of experience. :p

KCross wrote: »

Now thats funny. I can just see MadLad going down the road thinking he has lane assist on and swerving over and back muttering... this thing is lethal!

Slowly going insane with all the beeping as it warns you of the impending doom as you don't steer the car.

I'm just bemused how a guy who test drove an Ioniq a few months consistently knows more about the car than any of us owners with our puny few months of experience. :p

Ah, I didn't pick up on the earlier sarcasm. You're redeemed!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fabia Rs

Had one of them before. Had it remapped and the intake from the Seat Leon 160. Nice little car with decent performance. Surprised a few cars off the line while I had it.

kceire wrote: »
    Had one of them before. Had it remapped and the intake from the Seat Leon 160. Nice little car with decent performance. Surprised a few cars off the line while I had it.

Nice ðŸ˜႒

I have the same done, map and pd160 intake, good little car and has been very reliable, does surprise a few alright

Going to keep till an EV hot hatch comes out for about 25k

Hoping 200bhp or so and 300km range, less than 1500kg in Polo size

2020 hopefully 😛

1. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    2. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    3. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    4. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171 WH
    5. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    6. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    7. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    8. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    9. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D

• Advertisement

Yes but I disabled it after it crossed the white line on a few occasions and on others it steered me way into the Shoulder. It's in no way as sophisticated as Nissan's Prop Pilot, though the proof will be in the pudding !

Yes but I disabled it after it crossed the white line on a few occasions and on others it steered me way into the Shoulder. It's in no way as sophisticated as Nissan's Prop Pilot, though the proof will be in the pudding !

It does have one feature that makes it better than ProPilot, it's on cars instead of a marketing video.

I've not seen anything yet to indicate that it's not the same as Hyundais systems.

Trying to set connection type to configure my sat nav, thought it would be as simple as choosing CCS but I can't find it, can some one tell me which options i should select here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Trying to set connection type to configure my sat nav, thought it would be as simple as choosing CCS but I can't find it, can some one tell me which options i should select here?

I think it's called SAE in the nav. Recommend also grabbing the Plugshare app if you don't have it -- if you create an account, it will only show compatible chargers.

Yes but I disabled it after it crossed the white line on a few occasions and on others it steered me way into the Shoulder. It's in no way as sophisticated as Nissan's Pro Pilot, though the proof will be in the pudding !

What are you basing that on? ProPilot isn't even released, is it?
    Surely you need to drive it for yourself to make a "no way..." statement?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement