Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

rgunning wrote: »
    unkel, you can stick me on the list, Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171 D.
    Me too 172 polar white BEV

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

Me too 172 polar white BEV

172WW that is😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172??
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Anyone know if ecar charger at Barack street Kilkenny requires parking disc or is it free parking while charging?
    Anyone have issue with squeaking front doors near mirror usually when it's wet
    Anyone have any issue with cable not being released when using 22kw AC chargers(tried usual tricks, doesn't always happen)
    Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ballylad wrote: »
    Anyone know if ecar charger at Barack street Kilkenny requires parking disc or is it free parking while charging?
    Anyone have issue with squeaking front doors near mirror usually when it's wet
    Anyone have any issue with cable not being released when using 22kw AC chargers(tried usual tricks, doesn't always happen)
    Thanks
    We had a bit of trouble at first with some chargers not starting or not releasing. Turns out that the car has to be unlocked to release charger or car has to be locked to begin charging - seems a bit hit and miss so I don't know if we just hadn't figured out the right pattern. OH is using the car more than I am now so must ask if he has worked it out properly.

Yeah, lock and unlock with the button on the drivers door has done it so far for me. You do realise there is a charger release cable in the boot too? Pull that while at the same time pull the charger away from the car should do it. Haven't had to use it myself yet.

8k km now in just over 5 months with my Ioniq and it has cost me about €10 in electricity...

Over the next 12 months it will cost me €0.00 in electricity to charge my car at home anytime 24/7 as I have entered a new electricity supply deal with Just Energy :D:D:D

I do not miss my weekly €60 petrol bill, nor my quarterly €400 motor tax bill...

Thanks for replies, yes tried all them tricks and usually works, and if all else fails pull the emergency release, will do a video recording next time it happens and send it to Hyundai, , got to love car though, amazing the amount of money you save

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah, lock and unlock with the button on the drivers door has done it so far for me. You do realise there is a charger release cable in the boot too? Pull that while at the same time pull the charger away from the car should do it. Haven't had to use it myself yet.

8k km now in just over 5 months with my Ioniq and it has cost me about €10 in electricity...

Over the next 12 months it will cost me €0.00 in electricity to charge my car at home anytime 24/7 as I have entered a new electricity supply deal with Just Energy :D:D:D

I do not miss my weekly €60 petrol bill, nor my quarterly €400 motor tax bill...
    Just about to change to them as well, as my new 'leccy car doesn't show on the last years bill .... ;);)

You know the drill, brother :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It would be interesting to move to them for 12 months and go mad charging the car etc at home. then move for the next 12 months and use sensible electricity to build 12 months history, then go back again a further 12 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

ELM327 wrote: »
    It would be interesting to move to them for 12 months and go mad charging the car etc at home. then move for the next 12 months and use sensible electricity to build 12 months history, then go back again a further 12 months later.
    think there might be a 10000KW cap on the unlimited, not sure.... after that you pay normal rates

Average household uses 3,500kWh

Ioniq averages 12kWh/100km

To reach your 10,000kWh allowance, you need to drive Ioniq 54k km in the year :D

54000 free km, would cost well over €3,000 in a very frugal diesel...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Hi all
    Been gone for quite some time... Busy at work, busy at home and in sports :-)
    Just to report: almost 15k on the car since April. Still love the car to bits. Need to schedule 15k service someday...
    Temperatures dropped a little, but I still get stable 220 or 230 km of range after home charge in the morning :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Mope wrote: »
    Hi all
    Been gone for quite some time... Busy at work, busy at home and in sports :-)
    Just to report: almost 15k on the car since April. Still love the car to bits. Need to schedule 15k service someday...
    Temperatures dropped a little, but I still get stable 220 or 230 km of range after home charge in the morning :-)

Do you really need a 15k service? What does the service schedule say?

EDIT: I see it now in the manual....15k... That's quite often. But it's only an inspection... no work actually done until 30,000km.
    Be worth checking whether the warranty allows servicing every 30,000km (when they actually replace brake fluid and cabin air filter), because every 15,000km is excessive for an EV.

Once the warranty is out of course you can just do the brake fluid and air filter yourself and just bring it into the garage every 120,000km for the reduction gear oil change.

Hi, with about 11k done my range is now near 230kms with lower temperature too, was also told to bring it in for 15k check, interesting to see what it costs.

• Advertisement

Barlo Nissan tried to get me back every 15,000 kms and I told them I was really unhappy that they would try con people out of money by trying to get them to come back when they don't need to.

So I bring it back once a year after about 30,000 kms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My dealer did the same. Sticker on the window with a 15k km service interval. I don't know if its conning people or just that they are ill informed as I found them to be otherwise very good... sorted out warranty issues without any fuss at all on a car I imported!

EDIT: I drive a Nissan Leaf.

Yeah pure con job, unless however they explain to the owner that the actual inspection recommended by the manufacturer is once a year or every 30,000 but they recommend that it go back to check tyres brakes , suspension or whatever , to give the owner peace of mind but let them make the decision rather than trying to fool them then I have nothing against this but Barlo Nissan said nothing to me at all until I brought it up.

Hi, with about 11k done my range is now near 230kms with lower temperature too, was also told to bring it in for 15k check, interesting to see what it costs.

230 in the cold is good, I'd expect 110 Kms in the 24 Kwh Leaf at 100-110 Kph.

It will be interesting to see what the 40 Kwh Leaf gets, then again, I'd take the decent power upgrade over efficiency any day, I can always drive slower if I need to the odd time.

If to believe manual 15k service is when they inspect everything and rotate tires. The later is the only thing I am mostly interested for even tire wear.
    Also, wipers? Not sure how are yours guys, but mine leaves lines of water. Cleaned them a good few times with no visible improvements.
    Tire rotation is free, wipers, however most likely will cost. Thinking maybe just replacing them myself with some Bosch or Champion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mope wrote: »
    If to believe manual 15k service is when they inspect everything and rotate tires. The later is the only thing I am mostly interested for even tire wear.
    Also, wipers? Not sure how are yours guys, but mine leaves lines of water. Cleaned them a good few times with no visible improvements.
    Tire rotation is free, wipers, however most likely will cost. Thinking maybe just replacing them myself with some Bosch or Champion

That's funny, the wipers are one thing that are bad quality on ours too with the same problem leaving streaks of water as they wipe. It's annoying especially with the amouint of rain over the past month and in another car you'd think the blades had just worn out - but these are brand new.

cros13 wrote: »
    Once the warranty is out of course you can just do the brake fluid and air filter yourself

5 year full warranty on our cars :D

After the 5 years, if you do an annual 30k km like Mope, it would be pretty silly to replace your pollen filter and brake fluid every year imho.

And even within warranty, my main concern about a dealer service is a software update rather than anything else. The car does have bugs that hopefully will be sorted out. The most annoying of course is that drive mode settings and charging settings regularly get set back to defaults. Personally I don't even really care about map updates as the nav software is always going to be inferior / out of date compared with dedicated packages or even Google Maps.

Anyone contact their dealer yet about the recall? I believe some UK dealers have confirmed it will be done, but are waiting until sometime next month until they receive the necessary parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

cros13 wrote: »

Don't know what's going on with the 2018 Ioniq. I'll see if I can find out tomorrow.

Any information floating out there about Ioniq supply? :o

unkel, what recall?
    Looks like my annual will be circa 30k defo
    As for Map - do not care as well, although tweaks for Software are welcome if any. Is there any known new version of Software for a car?
    btw, just a random Tip (maybe someone does not know): You can turn of Automatic Demister by holding the button for "windshield demist" for circa 5 sec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Falcon L wrote: »

Ouch, sounds serious... Any of our dealers talk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

I wonder if you have seen the same. the battery is 28kWh and I charged at Stillorgan Park and Ride Fast DC from 29% to 94%, that is 65% battery capacity charge that would be 18.2 kWh. At the end of the session the chargepoint told me I have just charged up to 94% and 21.8 kWh... that is almost 3kWh... does it mean about 80% efficiency? Am I missing something?

I am not worried now, while is free, but when I'll need to pay I might be upset about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jeremy_g wrote: »
    I wonder if you have seen the same. the battery is 28kWh and I charged at Stillorgan Park and Ride Fast DC from 29% to 94%, that is 65% battery capacity charge that would be 18.2 kWh. At the end of the session the chargepoint told me I have just charged up to 94% and 21.8 kWh... that is almost 3kWh... does it mean about 80% efficiency? Am I missing something?

I am not worried now, while is free, but when I'll need to pay I might be upset about this.

Due to the hidden percentages the displayed "SOC" percentage in the car is not the same as the actual state of charge. EG generally in a leaf when it displays "100%" it can be as low as 93. And a 0% display can equal as much as 5

it makes sense now. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Any news on the Plug-in Hybrid version being released in Ireland? Only 2 months left in the year and the Hyundai website still says coming in 2017. I can't find anything online here for it but apparently it is available in the UK.

• Advertisement

Hi, In trouble again, I plugged car in for charge this morning, in rushing, i left car on, closed door, now key fob will not open door, any ideas how to unlock? thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Hi, In trouble again, I plugged car in for charge this morning, in rushing, i left car on, closed door, now key fob will not open door, any ideas how to unlock? thanks!

Weird. Any luck with the physical key?

I think the lock is underneath the door handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

Lads,
    Are ye related as well! Any luck? Was it at a home charger or fcp?

Hi it was at work slow charger (3kw), could not get plastic cover off lock, probably need something like needle, luckily boot opened so got in through back, charger then would not release so pulled emergency release cable in boot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

I never had that but often had issues at the chargers where you use your own cable, where the unlocking and locking of doors turned off the charging. Someone had said something way back about the firmware on those but any of them that I have been at have been updated and turned off and on so many times (with me swinging off the cable trying to get it out) Actually the one in Lahinch hasn't been fixed since July!! Did you try pulling the charging cable out before you tried opening the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Hi, I've decided to wait till January to take delivery, for the sake of a couple of months I'll wait for the 181 reg, when can I apply for the free charger and RFID card, ESB registration site is asking for a reg number which I obviously don't have yet, does this mean I have to wait and will I qualify if the ESB stop giving out free chargers at the end of the year.

as far as I remember they require you to produce a copy of the registration certificate, a copy of the purchase contract and a copy of a recent utilities bill, so just the reg number is not enough. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

jeremy_g wrote: »
    as far as I remember they require you to produce a copy of the registration certificate, a copy of the purchase contract and a copy of a recent utilities bill, so just the reg number is not enough. good luck!
    Just got this email from the dealer. Does this mean I can apply when the grant is in place and I produce the dealers code which I have.

. I have just received an email from SEAI to say the free charging point will end this year. So my advice is to get onto the asap if possible. Next year will be a grant towards the cost which doesn't look like it will cover the full cost.

Later on today I will fill in the application online for you to get the SEAI grant in place for the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Which type public charge points can the Ioniq charge at?

• Advertisement

All public charge points except fast chargers with CHAdeMo only

Saw an Ioniq 172D coming out of the estate opposite my own (off Griffeen Glen) in Lucan. It went to the local FCP but didn't charge. At the local FCP there was another white Ioniq 171G about to charge. Either one anyone in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

fitz213 wrote: »
    Which type public charge points can the Ioniq charge at?

CCS and Type 2 charge points on this map..
    https://www.esb.ie/our-businesses/ecars/charge-point-map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭alangeorge

A charging unit is fitted at your home but was told by hyundai dealer it will cost about 10 euro out here to fully charge your car and a fully hybrid car coming out next year

Macker wrote: »
    Just got this email from the dealer. Does this mean I can apply when the grant is in place and I produce the dealers code which I have.

. I have just received an email from SEAI to say the free charging point will end this year. So my advice is to get onto the asap if possible. Next year will be a grant towards the cost which doesn't look like it will cover the full cost.

Later on today I will fill in the application online for you to get the SEAI grant in place for the vehicle.

Sorry, didn't apply myself for the home charge point, I live in an apartment... the above is for the RFID Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

alangeorge wrote: »
    A charging unit is fitted at your home but was told by hyundai dealer it will cost about 10 euro out here to fully charge your car and a fully hybrid car coming out next year

A car with a 28kw battery pack will cost about €4 to fill from almost empty at 16c per kwh.
    On night rate that would be reduced to €2.
    Im my case I commute 100km per day so I only use 50% of the available battery energy. It costs me about €2 per day, which would be €1 per day on night rate electricity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Even on the most expensive electric package it wouldn't be more than 6e

20c a unit x 28Kwh ioniq battery is 5.60e

5.60e for 200km driving is brilliant compared to diesel or petrol

Shrewd people will have night rate @ 8 cent a unit

8x 28, 2.24e for 200km

Limerick to Dublin for 2.24e, thats amazing tbf

• Advertisement

6.65c is the cheapest night rate. So about €2 if the battery is completely empty, allowing for charging inefficiencies of about 10%

Or completely free day or night if you sign up with Just Energy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

whats with the just energy? i thought it was dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

is there any chance we can start naming and shaming these idiots. Hyundai need to know that these thick dealers are doing both Hyundai and the EV community a complete disservice with this idiocy. Are these salespeople getting any kind of training at all?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    whats with the just energy? i thought it was dodgy

See my thread

Linky

Summary: prove how much kWh you have used over the past 12 months and they will offer you a fixed price for the year (pretty competitive at that, for me it was about €30 more for the year compared to the cheapest provider Energia)

You can use as much kWh as you want (but have to stay below 10000kWh)

unkel wrote: »
    All public charge points except fast chargers with CHAdeMo only

Saw an Ioniq 172D coming out of the estate opposite my own (off Griffeen Glen) in Lucan. It went to the local FCP but didn't charge. At the local FCP there was another white Ioniq 171G about to charge. Either one anyone in here?

If it was on Saturday (whwen you posted) then not us though we do visit a friend in Griffeen Glen occasionally - I had to rack my brain to think were we out there this weekend or not! Funnily one of their neighbours also has a white 171 Ioniq.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement