Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

Just wondering what range everyone is getting after charging to full on the home charger. I know the range differs with everyone's usage but what number shows up when you turn the car on. I get 192km to 198km but sometimes lower. I remember the first charge went to about 218km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

fred432 wrote: »
    Just wondering what range everyone is getting after charging to full on the home charger. I know the range differs with everyone's usage but what number shows up when you turn the car on. I get 192km to 198km but sometimes lower. I remember the first charge went to about 218km

I get around 207km when fully charged. Not sure what range I actually get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Was getting 240kms during summer, back to 208kms now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Topped out at about 250 during the summer, getting about 220-230 now.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Nice to see Hyundai finally upping production on the Ioniq; especially for export.

If they offer discounts here, as the article claims is happening in Spain, to compete with the new Leaf, that could spice things up.

http://pushevs.com/2017/10/20/hyundai-ioniq-ev-production-increase-now-underway/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Up the production from 1000 per month to 2000 per month? That's hardly gonna cut the mustard. I've no doubt they could easily sell 20000 per month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Another strong word from inside Hyundai Ireland that RHD Ioniqs won't be available in the foreseeable future.

The problem is that if/when they become available, they will probably be surpassed by other models in battery size and chemistry.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Falcon L wrote: »
    Another strong word from inside Hyundai Ireland that RHD Ioniqs won't be available in the foreseeable future.

The problem is that if/when they become available, they will probably be surpassed by other models in battery size and chemistry.

So far you seem to be the only source for these rumours.
    I'm going to reserve a pinch of salt just in case. I've not seen whiff of a rumour from any other RHD markets.

I was talking to a guy who picked up his around 6 weeks ago. At the time they were predicting January for new orders.

Owners in the UK are still regularly picking their new cars up. Also seeing reports of ships with their cars on them and ETAs etc. All ordered many months ago though.

This new 40kw leaf has a claimed real range of 150miles, is this true?,if so hardly worth getting one if it is that inefficient compared to the Ioniq

• Advertisement

Range is still 25% more than the Ioniq, which is only a little bit cheaper to buy, maybe 2 grand or so once the cheaper model Leaf 2 becomes available. And the bigger the batteries get, the less important efficiency gets. And let's be honest. Who cares if filling up your car at home is costing €1.90 or €2.70? :p

It will be interesting to get some real range reports rather than speculation.

I still have not made up my mind what I will do.

My most frequent 'long' trip is North Dublin - Newry. At the moment, it just about necessitates a stop in one of the (thankfully plentiful) fast chargers en-route. An extra 50km range and it essentially ceases to be an issue for me. My eye is on the Kona for now!

I am tempted to buy it as second ev, in the short term, they should hold their value relatively well until battery size increases greatly. Like the efficiency of the Ioniq and 5yr warranty

You better make your mind up or you'll be stuck to that oul Leaf :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

This thread is hard enough to follow with, or more to the point pick out real information from, without this. What exactly do you mean that Right hand drives won't be available? I've seen these with my own eyes.

unkel wrote: »
    You better make your mind up or you'll be stuck to that oul Leaf :p

If a 2nd hand 33 Kwh I3 rex came up with the right Spec I'd give it serious consideration.

But it's likely I'll end up with the Newer leaf, I hate the possibility of having to wait until February though and we all know that it will probably be very late February.

Get your other half the new Leaf and get an i3 for yourself :)

unkel wrote: »
    Get your other half the new Leaf and get an i3 for yourself :)

Too small for her, she recently bought a 152 Outlander 7 seater. If there had been an electric version she would have got it, the PHEV was 5 seater so that wasn't an option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

It will be interesting to get some real range reports rather than speculation.

It will surely do 15Kwh/100km normal driving

38Kwh battery

250km range

More efficient Ioniq @ 12 Kwh/100km with same battery would do over 315km

With a battery upgrade the Ioniq is a serious contender with its class leading efficiency

My experience in the Ioniq was 15.3 Kwh/100 Kms on a 207 Km test drive and matched pretty close the EPA test.

My experience in the Ioniq was 15.3 Kwh/100 Kms on a 207 Km test drive and matched pretty close the EPA test.

I'm only going on owners average, most saying its about 12Kwh

thierry14 wrote: »
    I'm only going on owners average, most saying its about 12Kwh

Ah sure what would us owners in this thread know. We've only driven Ioniq for well over 100k km between us. Mad Lad is a much more reliable source of information :pac:

Manion wrote: »
    This thread is hard enough to follow with, or more to the point pick out real information from, without this. What exactly do you mean that Right hand drives won't be available? I've seen these with my own eyes.
    My son is in the industry, specifically Hyundai. He keeps hearing stuff coming out of meetings at Hyundai Ireland that RHD models aren't being produced at the moment, and there's no immediate plan to restart production. I'm sure there's some older stock still floating around.

Most dealers here and the UK aren't taking orders at the moment. Is that a sign that the whispers might be right? Who knows, certainly not me. I'm only passing on what I hear. cros13 said he'd try to find out what the story was, but hasn't come back on it.

The info I'm getting could be the ripest of rubbish, but it keeps dripping out of Hyundai Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

My son is in the industry, specifically Hyundai. He keeps hearing stuff coming out of meetings at Hyundai Ireland that RHD models aren't being produced at the moment, and there's no immediate plan to restart production. I'm sure there's some older stock still floating around.

Most dealers here and the UK aren't taking orders at the moment. Is that a sign that the whispers might be right? Who knows, certainly not me. I'm only passing on what I hear. cros13 said he'd try to find out what the story was, but hasn't come back on it.

The info I'm getting could be the ripest of rubbish, but it keeps dripping out of Hyundai Ireland.

Thanks Falcon.

I wonder how much is sales managers trying to hit targets.
    I wouldn't want to sell an Ioniq knowing that the sale wouldn't be booked for another 6 months.

• Advertisement

I just came from my local Hyundai dealer. The salesman said that they will have cars delivered February or March. "Great" I said "I would like to order one, and put a deposit down today". Loads of "ermmm ahhhh welllll" followed. "We can't take an order now" he said. "Why not?" I asked. the final answer, after a load of waffle, was "we just can't" :D

I asked him if they would sell their only demonstrator, a 172. He said it'll probably be sold next month. Read into that what you will.

By the way, I would love to be proven wrong on this. I hope I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

I just came from my local Hyundai dealer. The salesman said that they will have cars delivered February or March. "Great" I said "I would like to order one, and put a deposit down today". Loads of "ermmm ahhhh welllll" followed. "We can't take an order now" he said. "Why not?" I asked. the final answer, after a load of waffle, was "we just can't" :D

I asked him if they would sell their only demonstrator, a 172. He said it'll probably be sold next month. Read into that what you will.

By the way, I would love to be proven wrong on this. I hope I am.

looks like they don't want to sell more cars then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well if that's the situation, I think I'll be going for a ex-demonstrator (possibly uk) Ioniq over the Leaf 2.

Couldn't justify the price differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Just bought an ex-demo which was been held back till the new stock arrived but when that wasn't coming, they sold it.

Thanks for answering all my questions. Wouldn't have bought without boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172??
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D

• Advertisement

Well wear fitz213!

Soarer wrote: »
    Well if that's the situation, I think I'll be going for a ex-demonstrator (possibly uk) Ioniq over the Leaf 2.

Couldn't justify the price differential.

Wouldn't they be similar price?

Ioniq hasn't really depreciated

I cant see any under 20k used from uk

Wouldn't they be similar price?

More to do with availability and possibly higher spec, than price.

You're right there. There have been a few of them (2016 models) that were just under £20k but that was a few months ago. Haven't seen any for under £22k since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

The €5k scrappage is back for 181 cars ordered by 31st December. Would you recommend to hold off given a bigger battery and Kona electric are on the way? What’s the delivery wait now for the Ioniq? Thanks.

CFC007 wrote: »
    The €5k scrappage is back for 181 cars ordered by 31st December. Would you recommend to hold off given a bigger battery and Kona electric are on the way? What’s the delivery wait now for the Ioniq? Thanks.

Going by what's being said here, you won't be able to order an Ioniq EV.

Edit: It's a €4k scrappage for the Ioniq. Hopefully the fact that Hyundai are offering scrappage will force Nissan to do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's listed on the website as available for the ioniq alright. Surprising, if they give 5k off a new ioniq that they could actually sell above the RRP to begin with due to high demand
    http://www.hyundai.ie/home/scrap.html

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Just been on to the ESB, free home chargers are no longer available for 181 cars, anybody know if there is going to be a grand and where is best to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

There will be a grant but details yet to be released. I'd imagine it will run similar to the UK OLEV grant so it may not cover the entire cost

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Emailed a dealer yesterday, he told me the 5k scrappage is only available on the Santa Fe

• Advertisement

Same as last year the Scrappage discount is €4,000 on the Ioniq

Anyone got any idea on setting off peak charging times, tried to input 12:00am and end 08:00am and it says times must be different???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ballylad wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea on setting off peak charging times, tried to input 12:00am and end 08:00am and it says times must be different???

Try 1201 and 759

Or if done only recently it could still be on summer time

Also could try 1100 to 8

Make sure you do it for the 'weekend' tab too.

Anyone got any idea what 15000kms Ioniq service /check should cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

How does it work with the scrappage, can you buy a banger for 200 quid and bring it into them or do you need to have owned it for a certain amount of time? I know they usually require NCT.

Depends on the dealer, in theory you need a car with Tax, Insurance and NCT in your name for 6 months.

Some dealers will be a little bit more liberal with the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zale

Anyone got any idea what 15000kms Ioniq service /check should cost?

My local dealer said €50 when I bought my ioniq last January. It's due service shortly so we'll see if it stays at €50.

I'm off work for a few days and am planning a trip Dublin to Sheffield next weekend taking the Ioniq.

Ecotricity use the same model DBT Chargers as some of the eCars ones. I generally avoid them as they seem slower than the Efacec ones. I decided to do some reconnaissance today and fast charge at Topaz Clonshaugh to get more data.

Logs from Torque show that my fastest charging period was at 32kW peaking at 89A.
    It's a far cry from the 50kW with peaks of 126A at the Efacec chargers.

I'm going to see if ZapMap can help me plan a route based on charger.
    By my calculations choosing the correct type of Rapid charger could be make a difference of 13 mins when charging to 80%.

• Advertisement

32kW is brutal. There was a 151 Leaf charging at 34kW yesterday in Lucan. Is that really all they can do? I usually get around 50kW out of the efacec chargers (up to close enough to 90%). Card reader was out again in Lucan BTW, had to remote start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement