Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

jeremy_g wrote: »
    The NAV on the Ioniq is useless, tried to use it couple of times until it was trying to guide be take a right turn on a left only junction and another time telling me to take the third exit on an roundabout that has been decommissioned 2-3 years ago :)

I am using Android Auto for all the NAV needs so far.

Very same in the Leaf...I don’t he why the manufacturers do not invest more in the area/allow custome changes to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

jeremy_g wrote: »
    The NAV on the Ioniq is useless, tried to use it couple of times until it was trying to guide be take a right turn on a left only junction and another time telling me to take the third exit on an roundabout that has been decommissioned 2-3 years ago :)

I am using Android Auto for all the NAV needs so far.
    Unreal isn't it. I have not tried the android auto as of yet. Does that use the data on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

There is a sticker on mine stating first service at 15000kms. In terms of wear on the tyres and brakes, I have 11k on mine now and I checked the breaks the other day and there like new same as the tyres. I'm not hard on the breaks as I have the regen set to the highest.
    Has any one noticed they the nearest charger button on the ev menus doesn't show up ccs! Even with all the plug top options selected in the settings it will only show chademo and slow chargers. I highlighted it with Hyundai ireland and they updated my sat nav but it was still the same.

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to understand tyre wear on an EV. Would you use "Sport" mode much? I'd imagine the instant torque is hard on tyres? Maybe I'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

Unreal isn't it. I have not tried the android auto as of yet. Does that use the data on the phone?

yes it does, unless you save the map area offline. both Android Auto and Apple Car are working flawlessly, I prefer the AA myself though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

peposhi wrote: »
    Very same in the Leaf...I don’t he why the manufacturers do not invest more in the area/allow custome changes to be made.

I think they should just give up and focus on Android Auto/Apple Car support. Integrated car satnav becomes pathetically outdated so quickly compared to what you have on your phone, not to mention without mobile data connectivity they have no live traffic data in Ireland (because apparently no one does the FM transmissions for this in this country).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Agreed that they shouldn't bother with car satnavs (although the Tesla one does look impressive)
    without mobile data connectivity they have no live traffic data in Ireland (because apparently no one does the FM transmissions for this in this country).

Funny thing is that Ioniq doesn't even have internet connectivity (no SIM), but the car does have wifi and when I drive off from home, the car does have enough time to make a connection to my house wifi and it does update the live traffic data into its satnav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

unkel wrote: »
    Agreed that they shouldn't bother with car satnavs (although the Tesla one does look impressive)

Funny thing is that Ioniq doesn't even have internet connectivity (no SIM), but the car does have wifi and when I drive off from home, the car does have enough time to make a connection to my house wifi and it does update the live traffic data into its satnav

There's a Hyundai Access app that automatically activates your phone's wifi hotspot when it connects to the car's bluetooth. I think you can also set up something similar directly via Android Auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

I believe, might be wrong though, Tesla is using Google Maps with couple of addons ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

So you could just use your phone's hotspot. Is using android auto and google maps any good for giving charger point info?

Yeah forgot to mention that. As soon as I enable hot spot on my phone, the car updates its traffic data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Sitec wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Just trying to understand tyre wear on an EV. Would you use "Sport" mode much? I'd imagine the instant torque is hard on tyres? Maybe I'm wrong...

Bit more wear on the tires due to the weight and torque all right. But a tiny additional expense given the savings on other maintenance and fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Daughter just getting a first service on an i20. Just under €300 for what?
    An oil and filter change. Hope they don't try and fleece on the EV too.

I'd say they did a bit more than oil and filter change, Water John. Can you post up the itemised bill? And the first service (15000km) on Ioniq is free.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if we here in ireland will be able to use the blue link app as they can in the states? The car is equipt just software locked out. Its a bit annoying that we can use an interactive feature here but other countries can!

I'd say if you are willing to run your phone with US settings, it should work

I'd say if you are willing to run your phone with US settings, it should work
    Oh...tell me more. How do I do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭this.lad

How is the weather affecting your range? Mine is gone to be damned!

Herself drives it full time, a cold creature, 17 kWh/100km and such. Seems like madness compared to the summer values.

this.lad wrote: »
    How is the weather affecting your range? Mine is gone to be damned!

Herself drives it full time, a cold creature, 17 kWh/100km and such. Seems like madness compared to the summer values.

Mine has gone from 11kWh to around 18 19. I was getting approx 240km range on the screen when I charged it in the summer but now im getting 190 approx

Mine has gone from 11kWh to around 18 19. I was getting approx 240km range on the screen when I charged it in the summer but now im getting 190 approx

11kWh/100 km i ment to say

11kWh/100 km i ment to say

I think it said 170 the other morning!!

I know the range is only an estimate but im a bit disappointed that I'm depending on the public network lately if I go to Dublin in the evening, as I do about once a week, it's 140k round trip and even with only the school runs etc I'm plugging in to be sure I have the range.

Couple that with the 3 times out of 4 I went to use the fast charger that some wa*#&r in a Tesla is plugged into the fast charger for hours rendering it in unusable. Traipse over to stillorgan then to charge, PITA.

Anyway, got that off my chest I'll sleep well. Love the car otherwise and she loves driving ut. Even with the loan, which we never had before, we are motoring for a fraction of the cost of our previous 2 cars. 15k on her last Friday, got it a week into July

• Advertisement

I think it said 170 the other morning!!

I know the range is only an estimate but im a bit disappointed that I'm depending on the public network lately if I go to Dublin in the evening, as I do about once a week, it's 140k round trip and even with only the school runs etc I'm plugging in to be sure I have the range.

Couple that with the 3 times out of 4 I went to use the fast charger that some wa*#&r in a Tesla is plugged into the fast charger for hours rendering it in unusable. Traipse over to stillorgan then to charge, PITA.

Anyway, got that off my chest I'll sleep well. Love the car otherwise and she loves driving ut. Even with the loan, which we never had before, we are motoring for a fraction of the cost of our previous 2 cars. 15k on her last Friday, got it a week into July

How was the tesla fast charging? They only use type two? Maybe you mean he was blocking the fast charger?
    It is mad how the cold actually diminishes the range. I was watching a video on you tube recently where a guy kept his car in a heated garage and his range barely dropped.

How was the tesla fast charging? They only use type two? Maybe you mean he was blocking the fast charger?
    It is mad how the cold actually diminishes the range. I was watching a video on you tube recently where a guy kept his car in a heated garage and his range barely dropped.

Yea plugged in to the fast charger. I thought I could fast charge at the same time but couldn't. There are 4 normal chargers there too so I don't know what the story was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Tesla have an adaptor for Chademo.

Yeah range is down significantly, but it seems mainly because of the air conditioning. I don't heat the car up at home and when I got to the car charged at home and it was -3C, and I set off all of the heating (about 8kW I think, which is an incredible amount of power to heat a car), it showed 205km range with aircon off and 175km with aircon on. In these very cold days doing lots of short school runs with a heavy foot and the aircon on full power, I don't see much below 20kWh/100km :D

KCross wrote: »

Was definitely on the slow one. The other two connectors were free.

Yeah range is down significantly, but it seems mainly because of the air conditioning. I don't heat the car up at home and when I got to the car charged at home and it was -3C, and I set off all of the heating (about 8kW I think, which is an incredible amount of power to heat a car), it showed 205km range with aircon off and 175km with aircon on. In these very cold days doing lots of short school runs with a heavy foot and the aircon on full power, I don't see much below 20kWh/100km :D

I'm seeing about 19-20 Kwh/100 Kms in the Leaf with a not so light foot too so interesting to see what I get in warmer weather and considering the i3 rex has no heat pump that is interesting, but, a heat pump is far less effective in temps below 5 deg C + lots of short runs means a lot more preheating which uses a lot more resistive heating making the heat pump matter even less.

I've been doing a lot of pre-heating off battery only too considering a full charge can last me several days when I'm not working + I leave the heat on if I nip into a shop for a few mins, so all this eats into range.

Yeah if you don't need the range, the super heating in an EV is nice :)

It’s nice to have the backup of the Rex though.

KCross wrote: »

Oh I didn't know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Hoping someone can assist with the best OBD2 apps either android or apple?

Thank to all the wiser more experienced heads in advance I am an Ioniq newbie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'm using Torque Pro.

You need to import the custom PIDs see https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

mouthful wrote: »
    Hoping someone can assist with the best OBD2 apps either android or apple?

Thank to all the wiser more experienced heads in advance I am an Ioniq newbie.

Ace lurking.

3 posts since 2009! Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    Finally took delivery,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Macker wrote: »
    Finally took delivery,

The list is filling up quick :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

peposhi wrote: »
    The list is filling up quick :)

Yeah, we probably need to move Macker to the end of the list, cheeky 181 the middle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Finally took delivery,

Very few of the blue ones... can you take a picture so we can see how it looks out in the wild?

Fermi wrote: »
    Very few of the blue ones... can you take a picture so we can see how it looks out in the wild?
    Here ye go

Fermi wrote: »

Here ye go

It's a lovely colour alright, well wear Macker!

You've no home charging then?

Here ye go

Well wear, looks like a nice machine.

Six months in with mine, to the day, 17000km on her and flying. Had the service today also, software update and, apparently, the charging unit was changed during to a recall.

Electricity bill has shown no increase, charging at night and running washing machine and other few bits on night rate.

• Advertisement

It's a lovely colour alright, well wear Macker!

You've no home charging then?

No not yet, getting it fitted tomorrow hopefully, a good bit more expensive than I thought but I was let down by one sparks and had to go with the guy who's doing it, fast charger beside my job but sometimes I only work 4 days.
    Used the one beside Glasnevin cemetery for the first time today, use your own cable and it was quite slow I thought but hey I'm a newb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Used the one beside Glasnevin cemetery for the first time today, use your own cable and it was quite slow I thought but hey I'm a newb

You mean you used the on street slow charger at the cemetary? The fast charger is about 100m away at the garage.

The one at the garage doesn't have CCS so no use for the Ioniq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

liamog wrote: »
    The one at the garage doesn't have CCS so no use for the Ioniq

That sucks. Was a life saver for me when I first bought the leaf.

Was there a cable recall ,when I got home I realised that there was only the granny cable in the boot so I rang and he mentioned that he had a pile of cables on a shelf because they stopped using the original ones ,could this be why the odd one was locking in?

I've not heard that mentioned on the Ioniq Facebook group.

liamog wrote: »
    I've not heard that mentioned on the Ioniq Facebook group.
    I could have picked him up wrong but he had to go off and get me a new cable as the original wasn't in the car.

I could have picked him up wrong but he had to go off and get me a new cable as the original wasn't in the car.

They've changed the actuator on the charging port (the recall)

It's possible the cable has been updated, my guess is they just forgot to stick it back in the car when prepping yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well wear, looks like a nice machine.

Six months in with mine, to the day, 17000km on her and flying. Had the service today also, software update and, apparently, the charging unit was changed during to a recall.

Electricity bill has shown no increase, charging at night and running washing machine and other few bits on night rate.

Can I ask which garage? I've to book mine in for it's first service (also after 6 months!), and want to make sure I get the software update and the charging unit fixed (it stuck me a couple of times...).

Also, there's some confusion around whether the 15K KM service is free or not -- I understand it is, but have also read that others have been charged.

Can I ask which garage? I've to book mine in for it's first service (also after 6 months!), and want to make sure I get the software update and the charging unit fixed (it stuck me a couple of times...).

Also, there's some confusion around whether the 15K KM service is free or not -- I understand it is, but have also read that others have been charged.

It was in naas. I had to pay for it! Did the rest of ye get if for nothing?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement