Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

this.lad wrote: »
    Can I ask which garage? I've to book mine in for it's first service (also after 6 months!), and want to make sure I get the software update and the charging unit fixed (it stuck me a couple of times...).

Also, there's some confusion around whether the 15K KM service is free or not -- I understand it is, but have also read that others have been charged.

It was in naas. I had to pay for it! Did the rest of ye get if for nothing?
    I paid for it. Many others did not though. I sent a complaint letter to Hyundai, I will post the response here.
    I don't think my software was updated, and I definitely did not have the actuator replaces (the locking issue has not happened to me for a while though).
    I would recommend discussing price, etc with the garage before handing it in. Mine was in for a VHC. They sprang the service on me while it was in there and then charged me after. I was very busy in work so wasn't paying attention. They had some BS story that other dealers were charging in excess of €200 for the 15,000 km service (which is 100% not true). They basically repeated the free VHC, and then charged me for the pleasure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

rgunning wrote: »
    I paid for it. Many others did not though. I sent a complaint letter to Hyundai, I will post the response here.
    I don't think my software was updated, and I definitely did not have the actuator replaces (the locking issue has not happened to me for a while though).
    I would recommend discussing price, etc with the garage before handing it in. Mine was in for a VHC. They sprang the service on me while it was in there and then charged me after. I was very busy in work so wasn't paying attention. They had some BS story that other dealers were charging in excess of €200 for the 15,000 km service (which is 100% not true). They basically repeated the free VHC, and then charged me for the pleasure of it.

Mine is going in for the first service to naas and I asked about software update and was told that there is no software update available and no recalls either. What sort of numbskulls are we dealing with.
    I didn't ask if it was free but I will ping an email to Hyundai ireland myself. Who are you dealing with in Hyundai Ireland?

Mine is going in for the first service to naas and I asked about software update and was told that there is no software update available and no recalls either. What sort of numbskulls are we dealing with.
    I didn't ask if it was free but I will ping an email to Hyundai ireland myself. Who are you dealing with in Hyundai Ireland?

I actually just got a call from my Hyundai garage. They said there has been some confusion about the schedule and pricing of the services, and a lot of this confusion is coming from what they are directed to do by Hyundai.
    It boils down to this:
    15k / 12 month / €89.99 / Inspection and updates (incl map)
    30k / 24 month / €129.99 / Replace brake fluid and a few brake and suspension checks.
    45k / 36 month / €89.99 / as per 15k service
    60k / 48 month / €179.99 / as per 30k but with a cooling system inspection
    75k / 60 month / €129.99 / mostly inspection
    90k / 72 month / €179.99 / brake fluid again and inspection
    I think their grievance with Hyundai's directions is that the services are labour-intensive, as compared to more parts-driven for cost for a diesel / petrol. And they have assured me that it is much more than a VHC. In effect, I think the VHC are just a gimmick really, a standard part of any service, but not meant to replace a service.
    So 5 years of ownership is going to cost €800 in servicing (€160 a year). When buying I didn't really know what to factor in for servicing, but I think I had about €100 a year in there.
    At least for me this is clear now. The garage refunded the difference for what I paid for my 15k and what they have scheduled now, so I'm ok with that part of it. They did respond to my complaint fast enough as well, to be fair.
    So good going if you got the 15k in for free, but I think that will not be the standard from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The Leaf also has this every second year brake fluid replacement.

I don't ever remember having to change brake fluid so often in ICE cars (in fact I've never had it replaced! :eek:)

Is that just to make it look like they are giving you value and supporting the dealer network or has brake fluid really gotten to be more critical with ABS systems or changed in some other way?

Bottomline, is it really required every 2yrs (outside of the fact of keeping warranty of course)?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

rgunning wrote: »
    I actually just got a call from my Hyundai garage. They said there has been some confusion about the schedule and pricing of the services, and a lot of this confusion is coming from what they are directed to do by Hyundai.
    It boils down to this:
    15k / 12 month / €89.99 / Inspection and updates (incl map)
    30k / 24 month / €129.99 / Replace brake fluid and a few brake and suspension checks.
    45k / 36 month / €89.99 / as per 15k service
    60k / 48 month / €179.99 / as per 30k but with a cooling system inspection
    75k / 60 month / €129.99 / mostly inspection
    90k / 72 month / €179.99 / brake fluid again and inspection
    I think their grievance with Hyundai's directions is that the services are labour-intensive, as compared to more parts-driven for cost for a diesel / petrol. And they have assured me that it is much more than a VHC. In effect, I think the VHC are just a gimmick really, a standard part of any service, but not meant to replace a service.
    So 5 years of ownership is going to cost €800 in servicing (€160 a year). When buying I didn't really know what to factor in for servicing, but I think I had about €100 a year in there.
    At least for me this is clear now. The garage refunded the difference for what I paid for my 15k and what they have scheduled now, so I'm ok with that part of it. They did respond to my complaint fast enough as well, to be fair.
    So good going if you got the 15k in for free, but I think that will not be the standard from now.

That's a very good break down thanks.
    So will it be free for me? And what is the recall? I complained to Hyundai ireland 4 months ago about a few thing not working on my car like the heating and a few other what seem to be software issues but they responded that they don't have the answers on how to fix them and they would keep me posted but they never did.

That's a very good break down thanks. 
    So will it be free for me? And what is the recall? I complained to Hyundai ireland 4 months ago about a few thing not working on my car like the heating and a few other what seem to be software issues but they responded that they don't have the answers on how to fix them and they would keep me posted but they never did.

I doubt it will be free, but it might still depend on the garage. I do not know of any recalls for sure, apart from the one I had done on my own car, which was a squeak from the brakes when the car had not been moved overnight. (The "Brake Binding" issue).
    There was one for a door squeak as well, and a few faulty media units. Neither of these affected me.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

There is a recall for some electrical unit in the car, I've been notified and will be getting it sorted next week. Not sure how many cars affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Are there any prices yet for the plug in hybrid version? Hyundai website still says "coming in 2017" for it so I am guessing they're not going to bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Miscreant wrote: »
    Are there any prices yet for the plug in hybrid version? Hyundai website still says "coming in 2017" for it so I am guessing they're not going to bother.

The invoice price for an Ioniq plug-in to the importer is higher than the BEV for a far less desirable vehicle (I think €32k was floated as an RRP here).
    Like a lot of PHEVs it's a very compromised vehicle.

Half the electric motor power of the BEV
    Less than a quarter of the EV range of the BEV
    Heavier & slower
    More expensive

If used as intended as for short commutes and pottering around town you bought a really expensive really short range BEV with no power.
    If that's not the use you put it to it's less fun to drive and way more expensive to operate and maintain than a BEV for long range commutes and might even be more expensive than a diesel.

I'm not sure who they are supposed to be aimed at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cros13 wrote: »

Tax compliance vehicle in most countries. Here in Ireland, buying one new would be plain silly for the reasons you outlined :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

Miscreant wrote: »

I've heard that a very limited number, something like 30 of an initial allocation, are coming here in the next week or 10 days, definitely no more than than 1 per dealer. Apparently some of those allocations have already been sold. I had an interest in buying one for a long time and kept hassling Hyundai Ireland for information. I have since decided against buying one.

The RRSP is 31,995e, after the €5,000 SEAI grant & €2,500 VRT reduction, not counting for delivery and related charges or metallic, if applicable

I believe a Metallic Blue one is coming to Bolands Hyundai Wexford and unsold as yet, for info call Carl at 053 9180700. He tells me that he might use it for a Demo for awhile, if unsold prior to delivery. So he may be letting go his current 1 year old ALL Blue IONIQ Electric demo, if anyone is interested. (Grill sprayed blue to match car).

That's a refreshing attitude from a main dealer to paint the grille! Marina blue is a lovely colour. Have you any idea what cash price would take the car?

Yeah the Blue would have been my choice for the PHEV/BEV. Really nice colour. I never quizzed him up on his IONIQ BEV so can't say what he would sell it for, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

alanowx wrote: »
    I've heard that a very limited number, something like 30 of an initial allocation, are coming here in the next week or 10 days, definitely no more than than 1 per dealer. Apparently some of those allocations have already been sold. I had an interest in buying one for a long time and kept hassling Hyundai Ireland for information. I have since decided against buying one.

The RRSP is 31,995e, after the €5,000 SEAI grant & €2,500 VRT reduction, not counting for delivery and related charges or metallic, if applicable

I believe a Metallic Blue one is coming to Bolands Hyundai Wexford and unsold as yet, for info call Carl at 053 9180700. He tells me that he might use it for a Demo for awhile, if unsold prior to delivery. So he may be letting go his current 1 year old ALL Blue IONIQ Electric demo, if anyone is interested. (Grill sprayed blue to match car).
    Something fishy here. A friend has been looking for a blue one for ages, he even tried to order one from Bolands Wexford late last year. Furthermore, Carl gave him first refusal on the blue demo if they decided to sell it.
    I just pinged my mate now and he has had no contact from Carl or anyone else at Bolands.

I saw the one they have for demo. The blue nose looks well and the back end is done too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

cros13 wrote: »
    Half the electric motor power of the BEV
    Less than a quarter of the EV range of the BEV
    Heavier & slower
    More expensive

If used as intended as for short commutes and pottering around town you bought a really expensive really short range BEV with no power.
    If that's not the use you put it to it's less fun to drive and way more expensive to operate and maintain than a BEV for long range commutes and might even be more expensive than a diesel.

Surely it's not that hard to work out? PHEVs make sense if you have a short commute, but also drive long distances fairly regularly.

I have a PHEV with an even shorter range than the Ioniq, but my commute is a 14km round trip so I can do that 100% in EV mode. But I often do 200km+ round trips on weekends, where destination charging is often not available. Even if I go home to my mother's (100km away) I don't always have access to the driveway, and can't plug in if the washing machine or dryer is on. At the time I was buying, the only EV within my budget was the 24 kWh Leaf which would have been a pain in the arse for those kinds of journeys.

Regarding the Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid, the extra 75kg weight and .7 0-100 time (compared to the EV) will make a negligible difference to anyone off the track. The lower EV mode power isn't too important either, as you'll be taking advantage of that in low speed areas or heavy traffic - though saying that it's apparently only 45 kW, even less than the 60 kW motor in my Prius (which is often described as "milk float mode" when running in EV mode).

I can't argue with the price of new PHEVs being crazy though. But I don't buy new cars :)

I'd probably go for a BEV once range is up to about 300km.

• Advertisement

can't plug in if the washing machine or dryer is on.

That doesn't seem to make sense. A dryer is a bit over 2kW max and so is charging on the granny cable. So maybe 4.5kW altogether (about 20A roughly)

Irish households have at least a 63A fuse I believe, so should take 3 times the above load?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

unkel wrote: »
    That doesn't seem to make sense. A dryer is a bit over 2kW max and so is charging on the granny cable. So maybe 4.5kW altogether (about 20A roughly)

Irish households have at least a 63A fuse I believe, so should take 3 times the above load?

I'm talking about when I'm at my mother's - it's the only socket where I can run an extension lead through the garage. I'm certainly not unplugging the fridge :)

Surely it's not that hard to work out? PHEVs make sense if you have a short commute, but also drive long distances fairly regularly.

I have a PHEV with an even shorter range than the Ioniq, but my commute is a 14km round trip so I can do that 100% in EV mode. But I often do 200km+ round trips on weekends, where destination charging is often not available. Even if I go home to my mother's (100km away) I don't always have access to the driveway, and can't plug in if the washing machine or dryer is on. At the time I was buying, the only EV within my budget was the 24 kWh Leaf which would have been a pain in the arse for those kinds of journeys.

Regarding the Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid, the extra 75kg weight and .7 0-100 time (compared to the EV) will make a negligible difference to anyone off the track. The lower EV mode power isn't too important either, as you'll be taking advantage of that in low speed areas or heavy traffic - though saying that it's apparently only 45 kW, even less than the 60 kW motor in my Prius (which is often described as "milk float mode" when running in EV mode).

I can't argue with the price of new PHEVs being crazy though. But I don't buy new cars :)

I'd probably go for a BEV once range is up to about 300km.

I'm with @zilog_jones on this one and agree with all his points above.

PHEV's are a transition technology and will disappear entirely in time but they make a lot of sense for particular usage profiles until the range of affordable BEV's are beyond 300km

I've recently started considering a PHEV to replace the remaining diesel we have.

We can't replace it with a BEV (unless I buy a Tesla!) so that leaves hybrid or plugin-hybrid. Given that the diesel mainly does <50km a day with some of that driven out of home where it can be recharged during the day (school runs etc) it makes sense to pick PHEV over HEV.... at the right price!

When we do a long run the mpg might be lower but so what... you have to take the entire year into account, not individual journeys.

I've been looking at the Niro PHEV (came out in 172 I think) which looks alright. Might reconsider if the new Niro BEV meets expectations but PHEV has a place in the world, for now.

I know a few of you believe they are just compliance cars and maybe they are but the reality is that if you want a long range car (e.g. we do a France trip each year... I'm not taking one of todays affordable BEV's for that!) with no range anxiety you need elements of ICE for a while yet or else spend big on a Tesla.

KCross wrote: »
    I know a few of you believe they are just compliance cars and maybe they are

They are. But some of them represent excellent value for money coming off lease in the UK (having been bought originally for tax reasons over there), because of mainly the tax compliance over here - low VRT on import :p

Outlander PHEV and BMW 330e are prime examples. Stesaurus got his 2017 330e for just €27k landed. A lot of car for the money!

Something fishy here. A friend has been looking for a blue one for ages, he even tried to order one from Bolands Wexford late last year. Furthermore, Carl gave him first refusal on the blue demo if they decided to sell it.
    I just pinged my mate now and he has had no contact from Carl or anyone else at Bolands.

I saw the one they have for demo. The blue nose looks well and the back end is done too.

I believe it was only in December that word filtered down to dealers that some PHEV were on their way to Ireland. I also made many enquiries direct with different dealers (Wexford - Brian, Limerick and Galway) as late as last October and none of them knew what was happening. Each time I was told to come back again in a few months, so i'd say the dealers just did not know the score until December themselves.

I communicated a few times last year with Gary Malone, Dealer Relationship Manager, Hyundai Ireland and as late as mid-December joked that they would have to change the website that still reads "Coming in 2017" for the PHEV. It was then (11th December) that he updated me on the PHEV situation and that a blue one was allocated to Wexford, was unsold at that time, and possibly in showroom in mid January. I met with Carl a few days later and advised I had changed my mind and would not be buying the PHEV afterall. Now looking at a Kona or Seat Arona in 1.0 petrol, cost low 20k, to do me for a year or two and then make the leap to full EV.

I'd say get your mate to phone Carl.

• Advertisement

I know a few of you believe they are just compliance cars...
    They are.

Outside of the value for money piece, do you feel that PHEV's have no place in the world?

Compliance or not, they suit some people (over a HEV/BEV/ICE) and every mile that is done on electric should be encouraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭oinkely

Outside of the value for money piece, do you feel that PHEV's have no place in the world?

Compliance or not, they suit some people (over a HEV/BEV/ICE) and every mile that is done on electric should be encouraged.

I have my eye on an outlander PHEV for when my current diesel crew cab gets old enough to be uninsurable. Need the towing ability for the caravan holidays to france but it spends most of the time commuting about 25km each way. When we have two leafs I feel bad that the van is costing around 2 grand a year in tax insurance and maintenance to have it sitting outside the house for weeks at a time. When we have only one leaf then i feel bad for commuting in a dirty diesel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Here’s the blue one for sale.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/17688592
    Hyundai Ioniq EV 5DR Auto

CFC007 wrote: »
    Here’s the blue one for sale.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/17688592
    Hyundai Ioniq EV 5DR Auto

€29,995! :D

Full list price then. No discount for it being an ex-demo.

I guess it is a sellers market after all for Ioniq owners!

Sell that Ioniq @unkel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

€29,995! :D

Full list price then. No discount for it being an ex-demo.

I guess it is a sellers market after all for Ioniq owners!

Sell that Ioniq @unkel!

Mental. So much for rapid depreciation on EVs!

I have a lot to give out about them. They are neither here nor there. Bought new by their owners almost always for tax reasons. And their batteries are so small they are almost useless and require you to plug in (at home) all the time

That said, there just aren't any EVs to suit a good few people's needs. As in people that need to tow (and can't afford a 100k car) and people who need to drive beyond the range of an EV several times a week. And almost every PHEV bought today in Ireland means a diesel wasn't bought. Which is a big win situation for everyone imho. And even though they might only drive zero emissions for very short periods, they do so where it counts most. In housing estates, in city centres, near schools, near people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The stat from the BBC tonight was, over 100 people die early in the UK, every day, from pollution. This almost all coming from transport, diesel esp.
    I think the figure for ROI is 4 per day. That's a lot more than die in car accidents. Look how much work we have put into lowering that figure.
    We really need a revolution, in transport, in this country.

Road deaths make better headlines !

I disagree. "Diesel drivers kill 100 times as many people as drink drivers" would be a good headline, no? Or would it make people feel very guilty about themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What if you're drink driving in a diesel?

• Advertisement

Depends how over the limit you are , I reckon I'd be way better driving after 4 pints than driving home after Night shifts I'd actually love to test this out on a track , would be fun !

But anyway my point ( pint-pun intended ) is that killing people by diesel exhaust is legal, drink driving is not. The same as burning solid fuels for heating and contributing to the clouds of smog that are a real issue in our villages and some larger towns right across the country is also legal. in larger towns the smokey coal ban is not even enforced as you can buy smokey coal anywhere in Ireland until June at least but that won't stop clouds of smog from turf and briquettes but it's a good start and should have been done 20 years ago !

We should be doing more to eliminate Air Pollution and the smokey coal ban Island wide will ensure that it is illegal to buy, burn and sell smokey coal hopefully eliminating the ability for those who have no care what so ever about air pollution to buy it. Time will tell but I've sell clouds of coal smoke in certain larger towns in Ireland where the Ban has been in place for a couple of years. It was never enforced.

The government need to start handing out hefty fines for non compliance !

They should also make it far less attractive to drive diesels , there should also be far more commercials sold with no diesel option apart from the obvious vehicles which do actually need diesel fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

I presume we're talking about drink driving, diesel sucking Ioniq drivers here. That's what the thread is about, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

I presume we're talking about drink driving, diesel sucking Ioniq drivers here. That's what the thread is about, right?

Have jumped on a few of these threads(EVs) and see the same stuff all the time - EVs are good m'kay diesels bad m'kay.
    Presume all the posters are driving around in EVs and need to remind themselves how they are saving the planet every time they get in their car and everybody else on the road driving around in diesels are evil murderous scum.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

turbbo wrote: »
    Have jumped on a few of these threads(EVs) and see the same stuff all the time - EVs are good m'kay diesels bad m'kay.
    Presume all the posters are driving around in EVs and need to remind themselves how they are saving the planet every time they get in their car and everybody else on the road driving around in diesels are evil murderous scum.
    :rolleyes:

I drive an Ioniq because it's better at being a car than our old Grande Punto, the fuel savings helped us buy a better specced car than if we'd gone for something else.

You have to use man math.
    The Punto cost us €200 a month plus €300 extra a year in tax. The tax saving is paying to charge the Ioniq. So we could afford an extra €200 a month on the PCP deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Hello.

I've had my Ioniq a few months and I really like it. A few things to note however:
    - Range decreases significantly at motorway speeds and in cold. Can be as low as 150km. Good thing is if you're ever stuck, slow down!
    - Charge hours has a bug and reverts to zeros every once in a while (as mentioned).
    - Sometimes if I switch on the car when charging I cannot power it off (and hence disconnect the charger) for some time. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its a bug. Anyone else experience this?
    - Another question - when regen happens with braking anyway what is the point of the regen levers (other than determining the cruising resistance)? I presume there is the same amount of battery recharge in both cases?

Overall very happy. :)

OH took the Leaf. i'm still left with the diesel. Would hope to get rid of it in a few years, with better range and BIK.
    Like the saint of old, make me pure, but not just yet.

My EV passion is mostly driven by the GHG and small particle emission pollution. That's why I stray into that territory. It is also the driving force for EVs at a global and Govn't level. So all the schemes and grants derive from this.

It isn't willy waving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just wondering has anyone done the leather seat upgrade on the Ioniq? I know I was in garage that it was done in a hybrid version but just wondering has anyone done for the full EV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone done the leather seat upgrade on the Ioniq? I know I was in garage that it was done in a hybrid version but just wondering has anyone done for the full EV?

Was talking to an Ioniq BEV owner last year and he got the leather upgrade for €1,500 when he bought the car.

fitz213 wrote: »
    - Range decreases significantly at motorway speeds and in cold. Can be as low as 150km. Good thing is if you're ever stuck, slow down!

Yup. Happens to all EVs. Great thing about Ioniq is that it is the most efficient EV out there of them all at motorway speeds. And in the cold. Double bonus. But you're right, at a very cold day you wouldn't get much more than 150km at GPS speed 120km/h. That said, in the same circumstances you wouldn't get much more than 60km in a first gen Leaf. My colleague has been driving down from Belfast to Dublin a few times the last few weeks and he needed 2 or 3 charges. In Ioniq you don't need to charge at all (if you keep an eye on your range % and speed - obviously this won't work if you drive at 170km/h :D)
    - Charge hours has a bug and reverts to zeros every once in a while (as mentioned).

Yep. It's a bug. That is now fixed when you get the first service at 15k km. This should be a free service too, I'm expecting to pay nothing for my first year service this April
    - Another question - when regen happens with braking anyway what is the point of the regen levers (other than determining the cruising resistance)? I presume there is the same amount of battery recharge in both cases?

Indeed. The levers were there anyway because of the hybrid automatic and they are used for regen on the EV. A bit gimmicky, but I use them sometimes although you are right, they don't really add value / efficiency in any way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Yep, got it done when I bought mine last year. Got quotes from a few garages, average was around €1.5K. Well worth it for me, don't like cloth seats at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Hi folks, loving the car but two small things annoy me, everytime I start up the fan is on full by default and is there any way to turn off the welcome screen advising me to drive carefully?

Macker wrote: »
    everytime I start up the fan is on full by default

I'm pretty sure it defaults to the last setting? Just set it to auto, turn the car off and turn it back on and it should start with auto?

Macker wrote: »
    is there any way to turn off the welcome screen advising me to drive carefully?

Not that I know. But just ignore it, the message disappears by itself after a few seconds. You don't need to touch the screen or do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

I'm pretty sure it defaults to the last setting? Just set it to auto, turn the car off and turn it back on and it should start with auto?
    Well I pull up in work or at home every day and with the fan on its lowest and it's still on full when I start again, I'll try put it on auto and see if that helps

Not that I know. But just ignore it, the message disappears by itself after a few seconds. You don't need to touch the screen or do anything.
    Yeah it's no big deal but if there was a fix all the better

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭richardn

We are seriously considering an Ionic Electric 172 Reg - can anyone tell me the positives and negatives of this car that aren't on the reviews on line. I have seen an Ioniq around Macroom and we live not to far away in Clondrohid. Will it get us to Galway on one charge? Assuming return journeys to Millstreet, Killarney, Cork City would all be within easy range.

Any negatives to the car?

Greatly appreciate replies :)

Cheers, Richard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I have mine a year today, and absolutely love it. I have no issues, bar the initial recall on the brake spring. Little over 43000km on now, at 12.6kwh/100km. I wouldn’t go back to an ice car, and recommend it to anyone I can.

Obviously everyone has their own unique needs when it comes to transport, but if electric will do you for most situation, then i’d Recommend it.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

Galway is 220km. would think it's close to full battery use, one way. Others, owning an Ioniq, will give a better reply. You have and FCP in Macroom, two can connect.

The alternative we have narrowed down to is a Volvo V40 D2 2.0 Diesel 12000 miles 1 year old with plenty of extras and full leather interior for 7000 yoyos less than the leather Ioniq which is 6 months old with 2,200 miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

richardn wrote: »
    The alternative we have narrowed down to is a Volvo V40 D2 2.0 Diesel 12000 miles 1 year old with plenty of extras and full leather interior for 7000 yoyos less than the leather Ioniq which is 6 months old with 2,200 miles.

if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting a leather interior Ioniq - is it a UK import?

if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting a leather interior Ioniq - is it a UK import?

I'm paying for the leather to be put in.

The figures work out the Ioniq is 7K more then the V40 after the leather is fitted.

So based on keeping the car for 4 years maybe 5 I don't see that I'll get the 7K back which nullifies the financial benefits of going Electric.

Will test drive the V40 tomorrow, have already test drove the Ioniq and we were very impressed. I guess it comes down to how the V40 goes tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

richardn wrote: »
    I'm paying for the leather to be put in.

The figures work out the Ioniq is 7K more then the V40 after the leather is fitted.

So based on keeping the car for 4 years maybe 5 I don't see that I'll get the 7K back which nullifies the financial benefits of going Electric.

Will test drive the V40 tomorrow, have already test drove the Ioniq and we were very impressed. I guess it comes down to how the V40 goes tomorrow.

True

If nothing goes wrong in the Volvo in those 5 years that is.

What kind of warranty do Volvo give?

Hyundai has an exceptional warranty and the Ioniq will be a lot more reliable than any modern diesel

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement