Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I priced that up in the past.

Compared to our old Grande Punto we'd have to drive 7,000 km per month to save enough on fuel to cover the car payments.
    We save €8.13 per 100km when charging on the night rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Couple of questions on the Ioniq. Not that I am going to buy one but just out of interest for the Kona....sorry for all the questions:)
    • How is the entertainment system? Does it have Apple Play etc? Does it work?
    • Is the bluetooth good? or do you find a lot of the time having to add the phone again manually if your partner has been in car last? this happens in Ford and drives me nuts
    • I guess it comes with mobile app to preheat? set departure time etc?
    • Is the app any good?
    • Do the seat easily stain? like my eGolf a drop of water and it is stained and really noticeable.
    • Can you pull information from app/online? e.g how many km you have done/how many kW you have used?
    • How does regen work? do you have 1 setting or more?
    • How heavy on km is heating? eGolf will automatically know 10km off
    • Is the distance calculator good?
    • Heated seat hard of fuel?

On the Egolf you can pull down spreadsheet with every journey and how far it was and how many kW used. This is really useful. I am just wondering can you do that with Ioniq?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Couple of questions on the Ioniq. Not that I am going to buy one but just out of interest for the Kona....sorry for all the questions:)
    • How is the entertainment system? Does it have Apple Play etc? Does it work?
    • Is the bluetooth good? or do you find a lot of the time having to add the phone again manually if your partner has been in car last? this happens in Ford and drives me nuts
    • I guess it comes with mobile app to preheat? set departure time etc?
    • Is the app any good?
    • Do the seat easily stain? like my eGolf a drop of water and it is stained and really noticeable.
    • Can you pull information from app/online? e.g how many km you have done/how many kW you have used?
    • How does regen work? do you have 1 setting or more?
    • How heavy on km is heating? eGolf will automatically know 10km off
    • Is the distance calculator good?
    • Heated seat hard of fuel?

On last question, on the Egolf you can pull down spreadsheet with every journey and how far it was and how many kW used. This is really useful. I am just wondering can you do that with Ioniq?

The entertainment system is ok, supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
    I've not had to re pair devices so it seems the Bluetooth support is pretty stable.

Regen has paddles, you can go from zero (free wheeling) to level 3 which is pretty strong. It's very easy to switch whilst driving.

The Ioniq is very lacking in the connected department, no app and no stats to speak of. You can use an OBDII dongle to pull data from the ECU.

Heating impact sounds about the same as the eGolf will know around 10km off the range. The distance calculator is good if you do similar journeys. It takes a while to adjust between weekday commutes and weekend longer journeys. So my Saturday and Monday range estimates are usually off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

liamog wrote: »
    The entertainment system is ok, supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
    I've not had to re pair devices so it seems the Bluetooth support is pretty stable.

Regen has paddles, you can go from zero (free wheeling) to level 3 which is pretty strong. It's very easy to switch whilst driving.

The Ioniq is very lacking in the connected department, no app and no stats to speak of. You can use an OBDII dongle to pull data from the ECU.

Heating impact sounds about the same as the eGolf will know around 10km off the range. The distance calculator is good if you do similar journeys. It takes a while to adjust between weekday commutes and weekend longer journeys. So my Saturday and Monday range estimates are usually off.

Thanks, can you set car then to preheat? so if you are going at 8 in morning it will be nice and toasty?

Any sign of Hyundai releasing an app? I find the ability to flick on/off the heating is huge advantage as I don't leave at a set time each day

Car can be set to pre-heat via the center console, different timers for weekday and weekends.
    Only works when the car is plugged in.

Our car was the only with no snow this morning.

No sign of an app for Europe yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

yeah, it's a shame the service is available only in North America!

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hyundai-makes-remote-services-standard-on-ioniq-and-blue-link-equipped-2018-models-300438867.html

I'd love these features:

Guidance Package - Requires Onboard Navigation
    - Multimedia and Navigation Updates (Provides complimentary map updates)
    - Destination Search Powered by Google
    - Destination Send-to-Car by Google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

goz83 wrote: »
    Trye. Lady friend of my BIL ordered one last week. Only white available. Don’t know about delivery time.

Her repayments match her fuel bill.

I was enquiring last week via a Fleet company and after checking they advised that there was a white and platinum silver in stock. I was advised that the lead time was 13 weeks - not sure how accurate that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

unkel wrote: »
    Jesus. So essentially buying a brand new car is cheaper for her than keeping her old car total cost of ownership.

Yeah, she commutes about 200km round trip each day, plus other driving. She currently drives an old petrol civic POS which seems to be off the road for repairs more often than it drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It was the same for my driving an old banger, but that had a 3l petrol engine and was doing about 15MPG, so even with my lower than average mileage, it cost a lot to own. A brand new Ioniq was cheaper TCO :D

new video from Bjorn , testing range of Ioniq at 110km/hr.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CL5hCSwUI

• Advertisement

He would get a lot further than 150km even in -10C at 110km/h if he put the tyre pressure up. Does he not notice the warning light is on?

Perhaps not, remember the heat pump would be useless at those temps consuming much more energy.

Heat pumps start to become much less effective from 5 Deg C.

He would get a lot further than 150km even in -10C at 110km/h if he put the tyre pressure up. Does he not notice the warning light is on?

I see in response to a comment on that video that he says that the warning is due to the temperatures. Not sure how valid that is. If the tyre is under inflated at a certain temperature, it's under inflated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

There are a few Premium SE for sale in the UK. I'm looking into buying one at the moment. Anyone know if it would be possible to easily convert the display from miles to kms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Just a query on insurance, my policy is up for renewal early May. I’m with Zurich at the minute, paid €580 last year, just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations for the coming year.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

Aviva are normally good for EVs/Hybrids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just a query on insurance, my policy is up for renewal early May. I’m with Zurich at the minute, paid €580 last year, just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations for the coming year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105728463&postcount=39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Thanks KCross, will check that out.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

In the process of getting a second hand Ioniq from England and have a few questions
    1. Can the display be changed from Miles to Kilometers
    2. Can i order a card for the public chargers without having the car ?
    3. How do i apply for the grant to install the home charge point

Hoping to have the car week after next can't wait ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

BrendanD wrote: »
    In the process of getting a second hand Ioniq from England and have a few questions
    1. Can the display be changed from Miles to Kilometers
    2. Can i order a card for the public chargers without having the car ?
    3. How do i apply for the grant to install the home charge point

Hoping to have the car week after next can't wait ;-)

1. Dont know but I'd bet it can.

2. Call them and ask for it.
    https://www.esb.ie/our-businesses/ecars/contact-us

https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/electric-vehicle-home-charger-grant/

• Advertisement

I just spent an hour talking to a Hyundai dealer. I asked the very question about miles to Kms. He said it can't be done. They have all the diagnostic gear and he said they really gave it a go. Usual caveat applies about the motor trade though. Their mouth's moving....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Anyone here get tyres for their Ioniq yet? Any recommendations / suggestions?

Will need to replace the front 2 soon. :rolleyes:

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    26. lafors - Ioniq BEV - - 181D
    27. squishey - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181D
    28. Ewan Hoosarmi - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver 181

I've finally found one that isn't white. :D

Well wear :cool:

Tell us more, where did you find it? If you don't mind sharing, how much was the on the road price?

Well wear :cool:

Tell us more, where did you find it? If you don't mind sharing, how much was the on the road price?
    That strange ad with the picture of the hybrid. Fairview motors. He didn't actually have the car at the garage but it was brought there today. That's why the pictures were odd.

I traded my car in, so there was a bit of haggling involved around the cost of change. We got there in the end. :D

Just have to wait for the paperwork to get done. Could take up to 2 weeks. :eek:

Still I wouldn't mind knowing what you paid them and what car you traded in. If you don't mind sharing of course :)

Mine is platinum silver too. A glossy black wrap of the grill will do wonders to the look too. Go back a few pages and there are pictures there.

Anyone here with the white Ioniq I saw coming from the Tullow Road into Castledermot this evening around 18:10 ?

Mine is platinum silver too. A glossy black wrap of the grill will do wonders to the look too. Go back a few pages and there are pictures there.

I saw the pics of your black nose. biggrin.png
    It looks well. The new car seems to have a darker nose than the 2017 cars. Still dark grey though.

I will be happy to get out of the oil burner, to be honest. I really didn't want to get back into it after a 3 day test in the Ioniq last year.

I was waiting to see what the reviews were on the new Leaf, and I'm glad I did. The charging problems turned me right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭zoom_cool

I saw the pics of your black nose. biggrin.png
    It looks well. The new car seems to have a darker nose than the 2017 cars. Still dark grey though.

I will be happy to get out of the oil burner, to be honest. I really didn't want to get back into it after a 3 day test in the Ioniq last year.

I was waiting to see what the reviews were on the new Leaf, and I'm glad I did. The charging problems turned me right off.

Good look with the new car welcome to the EV world. :D

Still I wouldn't mind knowing what you paid them and what car you traded in. If you don't mind sharing of course :)

Hey Unkel, do you know if your nose cone was done in situ, or removed for the wrap?

Was left on. If anyone is interested, call Mantis (based in Ballymount) 085 788 4875. He'll do it for €100 (only uses top quality 3M wraps - he was recommended to me by the biggest wrap distributor / reseller in the country)

When I first went over to him, he just delivered a 10 year old Audi TT with a full wrap to its owner. The car was immaculate, like new

Anyone going over, can you ask him how much for a roof wrap? Might consider that too, to make the car look younger / bit more agressive

Unkel, have you uploaded pics of how the nose looks after wrap? Like to see how it looks?

JackieChan wrote: »
    Unkel, have you uploaded pics of how the nose looks after wrap? Like to see how it looks?

Here ya go.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104151296&postcount=3545

Thanks, it looks like a less glossy version of the US nosecap ...looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Booked 2017 premium model with 8000miles ex demo. Collecting on Thursday from Leicester Hyundai. I know this colour a bit odd, but couldn't resist it for £18500.
    This will be my first trip, relying on the ecotricity network. Has anyone used them recently? Are they reliable? I have downloaded the app. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well wear! Love the colour!

The ecotricity chargers will only provide around 35kW to the Ioniq. So expect to be charging for around 45 minutes at each stop.

What's the journey you're planning to do?

Not decided yet whether to do Licester to Holyhead or Leicester to Liverpool

If doing the Holyhead route, I'd go Leicester to Nantwich, then Nantwich to Singing Kettle.
    You'd arrive at Holyhead with around 45% battery.

Nantwich is a double 50kW rapid from Engenie, so you won't have to pay for that one. Assuming you left the garage with 100% you hit there with about 30% battery. Charge it up to 80% in around 15/20 minutes.

In theory it's possible to do the Nantwich-Holyhead run without needing a charge, but I'd still top up for 20 mins at Singing Kettle just in case. There is a Starbucks there and it's a decent enough stop. If it's out of order there is one on the other side of the dual carriageway which won't take you too long to get over too.

I averaged around 160km range from a 94% when going across North Wales in our Ioniq. I do tend to drive aggressively though, but the hills do sap power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

peaceboi wrote: »
    Booked 2017 premium model with 8000miles ex demo. Collecting on Thursday from Leicester Hyundai. I know this colour a bit odd, but couldn't resist it for £18500.
    This will be my first trip, relying on the ecotricity network. Has anyone used them recently? Are they reliable? I have downloaded the app. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

How much do you reckon you are saving on an Irish one ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    How much do you reckon you are saving on an Irish one ?

I don't know, tbh I didn't even bother looking here 😠maybe somebody here might know better.

peaceboi wrote: »
    couldn't resist it for £18500.

You got it for just £18500 :eek:

You did really, really well there. Fair play, you are a champion! (and the seller was a fool)

That's just €21k plus a few hundred in expenses. I'd say you hold the record for buying the cheapest Ioniq in Ireland. Well wear man, and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

My android auto has died, anyone else?

On another note, I drained my battery faster than ever before this evening. Unexpected trip and was near empty. So fast charged to 82% then did a run from Lucan to Navan and back at a bit of speed (fastest I did was about 145km/h indicated - 140km/h real speed) but most of the time stuck to the speed limits (+10%). It was very windy and got quite a bit of snow / hail. Got home with just 18% left. It was -1C throughout most of the trip so the 18kWh/100km shouldn't really shock me, but I guess it is the worst I have ever seen on a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You got it for just £18500 :eek:

You did really, really well there. Fair play, you are a champion! (and the seller was a fool)

That's just €21k plus a few hundred in expenses. I'd say you hold the record for buying the cheapest Ioniq in Ireland. Well wear man, and enjoy.
    It's a great bargain no doubt as it's probably a good €8k clear of any Irish ones.

But to call the seller a fool is a bit... foolish. You don't know why he sold at that price. Maybe he won the car and wanted a quick sale.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a great bargain no doubt as it's probably a good €8k clear of any Irish ones.

But to call the seller a fool is a bit... foolish. You don't know why he sold at that price. Maybe he won the car and wanted a quick sale.
    I'm pretty sure it's a garage demonstrator. They've had it for sale for a few months now and it wasn't shifting. It was one of the ones I was watching. It was £22k at one point.

That wouldn't be many peoples choice of colour. I'm glad it found someone to love it. Well wear!

Am in the same boat myself have been looking for an ioniq the last few weeks.
    I have seen some nearly new 2018 priced £23995 for the premium SE models with 500 miles.

When I run these through the vrt calculator it’s showing 0 vrt due is there anything else due ?
    I thought there Need’s to be 5000 on the clock ?

BrendanD wrote: »
    Am in the same boat myself have been looking for an ioniq the last few weeks.
    I have seen some nearly new 2018 priced £23995 for the premium SE models with 500 miles.

When I run these through the vrt calculator it’s showing 0 vrt due is there anything else due ?
    I thought there Need’s to be 5000 on the clock ?
    You have to pay VAT here. You can either get a garage to sell it to you VAT free, or pay the VAt and claim it back when you've paid it here.

The garage can sell it VAT free if they, and you, fill out a VAT 411 declaration. SG Petch in Durham have a nice Premium SE in blue. Richard there is happy to sell VAT free.

Good info thank you

I like the color, it’s showing up as £25479 so am I correct that if I reclaim the uk vat which is 20% then total cost would be £20338 ?.
    Which is cheaper than most 2017 I can see on Auto trader ?
    Update
    35006 open market selling price , vat at 14% = 4900 then electric vehicle grant €5000 so vrt nil ?
    You have to pay VAT here. You can either get a garage to sell it to you VAT free, or pay the VAt and claim it back when you've paid it here.

The garage can sell it VAT free if they, and you, fill out a VAT 411 declaration. SG Petch in Durham have a nice Premium SE in blue. Richard there is happy to sell VAT free.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement