Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

I'm pretty sure it's a garage demonstrator. They've had it for sale for a few months now and it wasn't shifting. It was one of the ones I was watching. It was £22k at one point.

That wouldn't be many peoples choice of colour. I'm glad it found someone to love it. Well wear!

Yea, it was £22k in November, then they dropped the price to £19990 in Jan end. It is their showroom demo car, and I believe it's because of the odd colour they let go at £18500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

BrendanD wrote: »
    Good info thank you

I like the color, it’s showing up as £25479 so am I correct that if I reclaim the uk vat which is 20% then total cost would be £20338 ?.
    Which is cheaper than most 2017 I can see on Auto trader ?
    Update
    35006 open market selling price , vat at 14% = 4900 then electric vehicle grant €5000 so vrt nil ?
    Their VAT is 20% so the invoice price is £21,232.50, (It' not the amount minus 20%, it's 25479 divided by120 then multiplied by 100.)
    Which is €23,954, plus our VAT @ 23% is €5,059 plus whatever expenses to get there and back with the car. The VRT will be zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

Hi folks, was in the market for an A6 or Superb estate. Do about 30km per annum, mostly shorter 20km trips but a few longer 200km journeys. Have been lurking here the past few weeks and seriously considering ditching the ICE and going for an ioniq. Between fuel, tax & servicing I think it could save me the guts of €4K per annum.
    Anyways few questions:
    1. In a rented house at the moment but building our own house shortly. Is there a way of just using a normal house plug to charge overnight as a short term measure until our house is built?
    2. Looking at buying straight from the U.K. Is it just one model of iconiq available and is there something I need to look out for when sourcing?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi folks, was in the market for an A6 or Superb estate. Do about 30km per annum, mostly shorter 20km trips but a few longer 200km journeys. Have been lurking here the past few weeks and seriously considering ditching the ICE and going for an ioniq. Between fuel, tax & servicing I think it could save me the guts of €4K per annum.
    Anyways few questions:
    1. In a rented house at the moment but building our own house shortly. Is there a way of just using a normal house plug to charge overnight as a short term measure until our house is built?
    2. Looking at buying straight from the U.K. Is it just one model of iconiq available and is there something I need to look out for when sourcing?

Many thanks in advance.
    1. Yes, but make sure you put the wiring into your new house even if you don't make the move now.

2. Two trim levels available in the UK. Premium and Premium SE. SE includes leather and front parking sensors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

1. Yes, but make sure you put the wiring into your new house even if you don't make the move now.

2. Two trim levels available in the UK. Premium and Premium SE. SE includes leather and front parking sensors.

Thanks Ewan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

The SE also includes chrome pedals and I believe the the blind spot warning also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

There's a white 171 ioniq on donedeal for 26.5k...Good deal or is this around the going rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

Their VAT is 20% so the invoice price is £21,232.50, (It' not the amount minus 20%, it's 25479 divided by120 then multiplied by 100.)
    Which is €23,954, plus our VAT @ 23% is €5,059 plus whatever expenses to get there and back with the car. The VRT will be zero.
    So you buy it without the VAT, and take a really long journey home. When you get to the VRT office, the mileage is over 6k kms. What happens then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Soarer wrote: »
    So you buy it without the VAT, and take a really long journey home. When you get to the VRT office, the mileage is over 6k kms. What happens then?

VAT is still due somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The VRT office will look for an invoice to show proof of purchase. If they see its an ex vat invoice they will charge you vat.

You would still have to pay the VAT here. One, because the car is under 6 months old, and two, vat is still due one end or the other.

Good try though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's a white 171 - T reg Ioniq for sale in meath for 26.5k. Good value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This one

Linky

If I was happy with a white one, I'd buy a brand new one / demo 181 for a few grand more. There are some white ones around in the dealer network. But yeah, Ioniqs don't come any cheaper here than €26k. I'd sell you mine, but I wouldn't know what else to get :p

They come up in the UK for £20k, sometimes even a bit lower, but they're usually sold very quickly. Did you try all dealers in Ireland?

Ioniq actually looks nice in White, just paint that horrid bumper white too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    This one

Linky

If I was happy with a white one, I'd buy a brand new one / demo 181 for a few grand more. There are some white ones around in the dealer network. But yeah, Ioniqs don't come any cheaper here than €26k. I'd sell you mine, but I wouldn't know what else to get :p

They come up in the UK for £20k, sometimes even a bit lower, but they're usually sold very quickly. Did you try all dealers in Ireland?
    I'm still "just looking" as my solicitor can't get his finger out of his ar$e to complete my house purchase.

Once that's done I'll be actually looking. At that point I will look seriously. It was more a question of if 26k for a 1 year old white Ioniq is where we are at price wise. And that question seems to be answered with "yes"

• Advertisement

I have a question for Ioniquers (it's a word :D)

If you had plan a run of 500km, mostly motorway, how much distance would you leave between charges in both the ideal scenario and the worst case, where it would be cold and wet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have a question for Ioniquers (it's a word :D)

If you had plan a run of 500km, mostly motorway, how much distance would you leave between charges in both the ideal scenario and the worst case, where it would be cold and wet?

It would be all dependent on speed also.

They usually say around 160-170km.

It would be all dependent on speed also.

They usually say around 160-170km.
    The speed would be around the motorway limit of 70mph, as it would be my regular UK trip across the M4/M25 to Hertfordshire. There are CCS chargers at 7 of the motorway service areas and a few more just off line.

No destination charging so looking to charge at the nearest CCS. I was working around 3 charging stops being safe. (glad I'm not buying a Leaf 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

The speed would be around the motorway limit of 70mph, as it would be my regular UK trip across the M4/M25 to Hertfordshire. There are CCS chargers at 7 of the motorway service areas and a few more just off line.

No destination charging so looking to charge at the nearest CCS. I was working around 3 charging stops being safe. (glad I'm not buying a Leaf 2)

I normally plan for 150km between stops, that should leave around +20km remaining to be safe. Just keep an eye on the SOC more than the GOM. If you are seeing higher than expected kWh/100km figures then slow down.

Starting at Pembroke Dock?

I'd probably aim for these 2 en-route to be safe:

- Sarn Services M4 (78mi/125km)
    - Membury Services M4 (+97mi/156km)

Not sure of your final destination but you should easily reach Hertfordshire from Membury Eastbound.

I normally plan for 150km between stops, that should leave around +20km remaining to be safe. Just keep an eye on the SOC more than the GOM. If you are seeing higher than expected kWh/100km figures then slow down.

Starting at Pembroke Dock?

I'd probably aim for these 2 en-route to be safe:

- Sarn Services M4 (78mi/125km)
    - Membury Services M4 (+97mi/156km)

Not sure of your final destination but you should easily reach Hertfordshire from Membury Eastbound.

That was my initial plan, Sarn Park and Membury. With Cardiff Gate and Chievely as backups in case of a charger being down. I had planned a stop in South Mimms as I would need some 'getting around' range before the return leg.

I have 40 kms to travel to the Rosslare ferry and neither Irish Ferries nor Stena Line have charging available on board. There is no charging facility at Rosslare port either! :mad:

• Advertisement

That was my initial plan, Sarn Park and Membury. With Cardiff Gate and Chievely as backups in case of a charger being down. I had planned a stop in South Mimms as I would need some 'getting around' range before the return leg.

I have 40 kms to travel to the Rosslare ferry and neither Irish Ferries nor Stena Line have charging available on board. There is no charging facility at Rosslare port either! :mad:

Ah right. Yeah that's annoying. Do they have any 3-pin sockets or commando points you could hook up the granny cable to? 4 hours on the ferry could give you ~30% if they did. That said with 40km to Rosslare you should be fine. Only 165km in total to Sarn.

You could always see how you're doing when you are approaching Swansea services and pop in for a quick 10 mins to be safe.

Ah right. Yeah that's annoying. Do they have any 3-pin sockets or commando points you could hook up the granny cable to? 4 hours on the ferry could give you ~30% if they did. That said with 40km to Rosslare you should be fine. Only 165km in total to Sarn.

You could always see how you're doing when you are approaching Swansea services and pop in for a quick 10 mins to be safe.
    I contacted both Stena and Irish Ferries and asked this question. Neither were very helpful and pretty much just said no. I pointed out to both of them that my regular business would go to the company that would facilitate me. Neither wanted to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

When bringing my 24kWh Leaf back to Ireland (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99372631) I asked Irish Ferries to give me 3-pin socket access and they did, but the car could not complete the handshake and wouldn't charge.

I dont know why exactly it wouldn't charge but I've heard of issues around earthing and possibly non-uniform AC being generated on the boat caused the car to say... "no thanks".

Thats exactly what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

15,000 service due on the Ioniq, has anybody here got this done yet ? - booked in for next week - how long does it normally take to service and anybody get it for free? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

KCross wrote: »
    I dont know why exactly it wouldn't charge but I've heard of issues around earthing and possibly non-uniform AC being generated on the boat caused the car to say... "no thanks".

It might not be a pure sine wave coming from whatever inverter is providing AC power on the ferry. It's fine for a lot of things, but maybe not for an EV onboard charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I had a look at this previously and Irish Ferries do (or at least used to) support some level of charging...see here https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/frequently-asked-questions/general-information/

But only on these routes and only Type 1 chargers
    • Dublin – Holyhead Cruise Ferry: mv Ulysses
    • Rosslare – Cherbourg / Roscoff Cruise Ferry: mv Oscar Wilde

Moreilly wrote: »
    15,000 service due on the Ioniq, has anybody here got this done yet ? - booked in for next week - how long does it normally take to service and anybody get it for free? ;)

I dropped mine in for the day but can't imagine the 'service' took very long at all.

Got a video from the mechanic who did a walk through of what he checked underneath the car. Front tyres will need replacing soon - a heavy foot hasn't helped there. I should have rotated them around the 10k mark.

They also booked me in for the actuator replacement. Got that done a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

Moreilly wrote: »

Hi.
    I dropped mine in and they had it for three days they replaced the actuator as it was a recall there was a problem with the heater there was a problem with the car resetting itself to factory settings there was a problem with the sat nav so they updated numerous softwares and did the service they rotated the tires and when I got it back it was pulling badly to the left so had to go back in again also the rain sensor was not working correctly and it has still not been replaced so has to go back they did not charge me for the service the sat nav still does not recognise CCS as was the problem initially.
    The problem is that these guys in the Workshops or not equipped with the knowledge of electric cars at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 30 berocore

Hi guys, here I am the newest member of Ioniq EV. ðŸ˜
    Thanks to this forum Unkel and Byorn and others on YouTube I’ve managed to buy 1 year old demo model 2 weeks ago instead of buying Leaf 2 (was 100% sure that I will buy Leaf 2 40kW - but when this rapid issues came out I pulled of immediately)

First of all I love this car.

Secodly I bought it in Waterford and live in Dublin. So before purchasing it I test drove it and the car was pulling to the left so I’ve asked the sales to get it fixed before I collect it. Yeah no problem full service will be done etc.
    I’ve collected it Friday evening and drove to Dublin and of course it was pulling to the left.
    I had it in local Hyundai today and they looked at it and did thrust angle, toe angles etc
    I’ve tested it this evening and it’s pulling to the left however when I reach 70km/h and above it is fine and goes straight.
    I’ll go there back in the morning to talk to them and see.

Would any of you know why or what it could be causing?
    Is it the wheels? Tracking? Or what?
    Another thing is this included in the warranty or not?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

berocore wrote: »
    (was 100% sure that I will buy Leaf 2 40kW - but when this rapid issues came out I pulled of immediately)

I'm sure others will be able to help with your Ioniq query, but as a side note (to help folk like me who are still possibly interested in the Leaf 40kwh) could you make Nissan aware of that on social media if you use it?

The more people who voice their concerns, especially those who have cancelled an order or at least decided against a purchase, the more pressure there is on Nissan to either solve the problem, or at least pull their socks up for the 60kwh.

• Advertisement

Well wear! Colour, county of reg?
    Would any of you know why or what it could be causing? Is it the wheels? Tracking? Or what?

Probably just tracking. Any decent garage should be able to sort you out with 4 wheel laser tracking for not a lot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hi guys, here I am the newest member of Ioniq EV. ðŸ˜
    Thanks to this forum Unkel and Byorn and others on YouTube I’ve managed to buy 1 year old demo model 2 weeks ago instead of buying Leaf 2 (was 100% sure that I will buy Leaf 2 40kW - but when this rapid issues came out I pulled of immediately)

First of all I love this car.

Secodly I bought it in Waterford and live in Dublin. So before purchasing it I test drove it and the car was pulling to the left so I’ve asked the sales to get it fixed before I collect it. Yeah no problem full service will be done etc.
    I’ve collected it Friday evening and drove to Dublin and of course it was pulling to the left.
    I had it in local Hyundai today and they looked at it and did thrust angle, toe angles etc
    I’ve tested it this evening and it’s pulling to the left however when I reach 70km/h and above it is fine and goes straight.
    I’ll go there back in the morning to talk to them and see.

Would any of you know why or what it could be causing?
    Is it the wheels? Tracking? Or what?
    Another thing is this included in the warranty or not?

Thanks guys.

Tracking, most dealers don’t have the system for tracking so they won’t do it...hope you don’t notice and are too lazy to drive down the road to tyre specialist

Get it done but ring dealer first and get them to agree to pay, give them list of people that suit you, they ask for anyone else tell them to f**k off as you made them aware and they where too lazy to fix

You could be sneaky and ring first asking as a standard customer if they can do tracking on a car....then you know when you ring back to get yours sorted

Might sound silly but was the lane keep assist thing on ? that will cause it to pull the steering although if it was always only to the left sounds like tracking. Strange it doesn't happen at higher speeds.

Well wear by the way.

Well wear! Colour, county of reg?

Probably just tracking. Any decent garage should be able to sort you out with 4 wheel laser tracking for not a lot of money

171W Phantom black :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Tracking, most dealers don’t have the system for tracking so they won’t do it...hope you don’t notice and are too lazy to drive down the road to tyre specialist

Get it done but ring dealer first and get them to agree to pay, give them list of people that suit you, they ask for anyone else tell them to f**k off as you made them aware and they where too lazy to fix

You could be sneaky and ring first asking as a standard customer if they can do tracking on a car....then you know when you ring back to get yours sorted

I will go there today and talk to them.

Might sound silly but was the lane keep assist thing on ? that will cause it to pull the steering although if it was always only to the left sounds like tracking. Strange it doesn't happen at higher speeds.

Well wear by the way.

No the lane keep assist was off. It was happening all the time before yesterday higher lower speeds but now it is happening only bellow 70km/h. Strange all right.

Hi.
    I dropped mine in and they had it for three days they replaced the actuator as it was a recall there was a problem with the heater there was a problem with the car resetting itself to factory settings there was a problem with the sat nav so they updated numerous softwares and did the service they rotated the tires and when I got it back it was pulling badly to the left so had to go back in again also the rain sensor was not working correctly and it has still not been replaced so has to go back they did not charge me for the service the sat nav still does not recognise CCS as was the problem initially.
    The problem is that these guys in the Workshops or not equipped with the knowledge of electric cars at the moment

Actually mine one doesn’t show me any charging stations as well.
    Need to get the dealer to look at it.

171W Phantom black :-)
    Boland's in Waterford?

The only thing I can think of then is that one of the brakes are rubbing off the disks, when you drive it and this is happening, stop after a while and check if any of the brake disks are hot, obviously don't risk roasting yourself. ;)

It would be strange for this to be happening and also if it were the brakes it would be even stranger if it were to suddenly stop at a higher speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think a tracking alone, at a tyre place cost me €40 some time back. Considering the time and work if he had charged me double that, I would not have complained.

Boland's in Waterford?

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

I will go there today and talk to them.
    Mine went in for a service and when I got it back it was pulling to the left. They tried to tell me it was the camber of the road.
    What it was was that they rotated the tyres and one of the tyres on the back was new and had 20k less on in. They didn't even notice even though it was a red streak on it and I told them in advance. They rotated them back and the pulling is now gone

Has anyone changed the high beam lights on the ioniq ev to led, xenon or hid? I like much the dipped led ones, but the high beam halogen ones sux. Looking to get them changed, your suggestions please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

The headlights on the Ioniq are LED.

Edit: i’m Wrong. I was under the impression they were, but apparently not. Go figure.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Is 28k a good price for brand new white ioniq?
    I think it is but will divert to your superior knowledge .....

• Advertisement

€28k on the road? Yeah that's a good price. It implies a bit of discount as the RRP is €28,995 plus delivery on top of that.

The headlights on the Ioniq are LED.

Edit: i’m Wrong. I was under the impression they were, but apparently not. Go figure.

I thought they were LED too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

I thought they were LED too?

They are, they're twin led, low and high beam.

Then why is the high beam light colour different? Low beam is milky white & high beam like the normal halogen bulb yellow colour ye?🀔

AFAIK the low beams are twin LED and the high beam is Halogen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement