Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

jusmeig wrote: »
    Any Ioniq Electric owners reckon you would fit 2 full size road bikes in the back with the seats down??!
    Failing this, anyone found a bike rack that is not roof mounted?
    I saw a post somewhere where a tow bar was being fitted to an Ioniq to mount a bike carrier. I can see the picture in my mind of a yellow Ioniq on a lift with the back bumper off. I just can't remember where I saw it :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭uphillonly

Any Ioniq Electric owners reckon you would fit 2 full size road bikes in the back with the seats down??!

I can fit two full size road bikes in the BMW i3 with back seats down & front wheels off. It was one of the clinchers for me in getting it as a 2nd car.

An Ioniq has a much larger boot than i3, so I'd be surprised if it couldn't.
    - 443L vs 260L boot alone.
    - 1,550L vs 1,100L with seats down.

The i3 has no boot lip which makes loading easy.

Bike rack - I can recommend the Saris Bones 3 which adapts to most car shapes. Used it for years on a variety of cars. Comes in a choice of colours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

uphillonly wrote: »
    I can fit two full size road bikes in the BMW i3 with back seats down & front wheels off. It was one of the clinchers for me in getting it as a 2nd car.

An Ioniq has a much larger boot than i3, so I'd be surprised if it couldn't.
    - 443L vs 260L boot alone.
    - 1,550L vs 1,100L with seats down.

The i3 has no boot lip which makes loading easy.

Bike rack - I can recommend the Saris Bones 3 which adapts to most car shapes. Used it for years on a variety of cars. Comes in a choice of colours too.
    But... how do you steer? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

They'd easily fit back seats folded and bike wheels still on I could fit two in a mk1 fabia hatchback and the ioniq is a lot bigger. There is a tow bar for atera bike racks available in Germany
    https://www.mvg-ahk.de/en/Towbars/HYUNDAI/Ioniq/Ioniq-Elektro-2017/Mounting-for-rear-cycle-carriers-mvg.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

thanks lads, I think taking the wheels off is the cheaper option for now. I guess u might loose a bit of range with the bikes on a tow hitch, mess with the airflow off the back of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

thanks lads, I think taking the wheels off is the cheaper option for now. I guess u might loose a bit of range with the bikes on a tow hitch, mess with the airflow off the back of the car.

You’d definitely lose range, regardless of the speed you drive.
    I’d never put my bikes on top or back of the car (the Leaf i have is even worse than the COD of Ioniq

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Moreilly wrote: »
    that would be great, thanks :)
    Not the best photo but I had to take it when it occurred to me or I'd have forgotten :o I think this is the same version as what you posted, is it?

448446.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

hello all,

any of you got the servicing done at 30k? If so, how much you paid, have they replaced anything at this stage? I am booked for service on the 27th so wondering how much to set aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Mine cost €36 Fermi. I didn’t get mine done at 30k thought, it was at 50k.

On another note, I was driving home tonight, and my back was sore. So I was trying to adjust the seat to fix my lower back. For some reason I reached back to see if there was anything else there that would help, and then I came across a button.

I pushed the button, and low and behold, it adjusted the seating position for my lower back. Couldn’t believe it.

I’d never seen it before, in all the cleaning I have done or anything. Anyone else know it was there.

Anything else you came came across accidentally?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anything else you came across accidentally?

Tee hee! :D

• Advertisement

Guys can anyone comment on the cables that come with the 2018 Ioniq.
    I understand you get a Granny lead for plugging into a regular 240 socket?

Do you also get the cables for the CCS fast chargers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Guys can anyone comment on the cables that come with the 2018 Ioniq.
    I understand you get a Granny lead for plugging into a regular 240 socket?

Do you also get the cables for the CCS fast chargers?

FCPs have the cable attached, simply plug it in - like a petrol pump :)

In addition to the granny cable you get a Type 2 to Type 2 cable (Home/Public AC charging)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi,

I went to look at the ioniq for the first time today. I'm somewhat disappointed n the lack of options and lead time. I know some people on this thread imported from the UK. Could someone summaries how they went about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Manion wrote: »
    Hi,

I went to look at the ioniq for the first time today. I'm somewhat disappointed n the lack of options and lead time. I know some people on this thread imported from the UK. Could someone summaries how they went about that?

What was the lead time given?

So I went to two dealers. Both had white Ioniqs I could drive away today. For any other colours I was looking at an indefinite lead time with a suggestion that was around August or September at the earliest. I'm unsure why white is what everyone has, I've never met anyone who liked white.

Price at one was 30,845 for metalic paint and the other was 30,595. In both instances there was no add ons possible such a leather seats, heated seats, steering wheel, front sensors. The UK hyundai site seems to have models with a lot more options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

So I went to two dealers. Both had white Ioniqs I could drive away today. For any other colours I was looking at an indefinite lead time with a suggestion that was around August or September at the earliest. I'm unsure why white is what everyone has, I've never met anyone who liked white.

Price at one was 30,845 for metalic paint and the other was 30,595. In both instances there was no add ons possible such a leather seats, heated seats, steering wheel, front sensors. The UK hyundai site seems to have models with a lot more options.

Heated seats are standard, so no need to worry on that front. Most dealers I reached out to around Dublin were able to price for dealer-fitted leather too -- I got mine done and it turned out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi,

Short version.....

Found car (2018 demo) i liked on Internet...
    Emailed dealer, and asked him for lowest price... Told him I'd be paying cash, driving it stright out of the country, and would never darken his door again, no warrenty costs or me annoying him ever again.... So that must be worth a good discount 😀.....
    Then explained that as it would be an export (and for EU tax purposes its new - <6000km and/or < 6 months old) there would be a couple of differences, namely
    1. No Vat due on car
    2. Population of HMR form 411 for exporting a car
    3. They do not fill in V5 registration form, so not send it to the UK government and instead give the full form to me, which in turn I give to nct)
    (for the above I also emailed the dealer links to Irish revenue and UK hmr websites which stated same.

When he confirmed he was happy to proceed he sent me additional photos, offered video etc.
    I then eft'd him a load of cash (my lender insisted on paying direct)....
    ... Registered for UK fat charging, got flight to Newcastle, dealer picked me up, went to dealership, signed paperwork, got in car, drove to ferry.... Landed in Dublin..
    Phoned NCT, set up appointment for VRT assessment. Went to appointed... No Vrt due(€0.00), paid VAT (23%) of purchase price... Bought numberplates.....
    Excuse formatting, on phone...
    If you want more detail, I'll do a more detailed guide. If you have any questions, just ask.... I'm happy to repay all the help I got here over the psst year or so....

Heated seats are standard, so no need to worry on that front. Most dealers I reached out to around Dublin were able to price for dealer-fitted leather too -- I got mine done and it turned out well.

What ballpark price would I be looking at for that?

Mine was between €28,500k +/- €500 all in (including flights, ferry etc)

Blue, premium SE, 1st registered in Jan 2018, 1400miles on clock

My personal primary driver for decision was spec, price.... And a little bit of adventure.... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I'm unsure why white is what everyone has, I've never met anyone who liked white.

You asked and answered in same sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

About €1,500 if memory serves!

Ha, I answered the wrong question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I was quoted €1700 by midlands dealer so ballpark figure seems right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Have the car just over a year and finally had my 15k km "service" done, charge point actuator (recall) replaced, ECU (recall) inspected and software and maps updated. Had a bit of a false start last month where the dealer didn't really know what they were at and they wasted my time. After speaking my mind about that they agreed to get organised and ring me back when they were ready, they'd give me a garage car while my car was being worked on.

And fair enough, they did. Got a brand new 181 demo ix20 two days ago and I picked up my car today. Ordered the official rubber boot liner too, for which I was charged considerably less than Hyundai UK charge. So pretty happy with that service

On a different note - Jaysus am I glad to get rid of that basic manual ix20. There's no way I could go back to the crudeness of a manual family ICE car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Short version.....

Went to appointed... No Vrt due(€0.00), paid VAT (23%) of purchase price...

Why pay 23% vat here instead of 20% in the UK irishgrover? Is it that you can claim it back through a business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

conor_mc wrote: »
    Why pay 23% vat here instead of 20% in the UK irishgrover? Is it that you can claim it back through a business?

Because you have to pay VAT in country of registration if importing a new car. A new car is <6000 km or <6 month old.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

unkel wrote: »
    Have the car just over a year and finally had my 15k km "service" done, charge point actuator (recall) replaced, ECU (recall) inspected and software and maps updated. Had a bit of a false start last month where the dealer didn't really know what they were at and they wasted my time. After speaking my mind about that they agreed to get organised and ring me back when they were ready, they'd give me a garage car while my car was being worked on.

And fair enough, they did. Got a brand new 181 demo ix20 two days ago and I picked up my car today. Ordered the official rubber boot liner too, for which I was charged considerably less than Hyundai UK charge. So pretty happy with that service

On a different note - Jaysus am I glad to get rid of that basic manual ix20. There's no way I could go back to the crudeness of a manual family ICE car

Where did you get your car serviced?
    Thanks

grogi wrote: »
    Because you have to pay VAT in country of registration if importing a new car. A new car is <6000 km or <6 month old.

^^^^ This ^^^^
    I have no other legal option....

peaceboi wrote: »
    Where did you get your car serviced?
    Thanks

Michael Barrable Huyndai in Swords. Would highly recommend them if you plan to buy Ioniq EV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭conor_mc

^^^^ This ^^^^
    I have no other legal option....

Ah ok, sorry I didn’t cop the car was that new... speed-reading ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Short version.....

Found car (2018 demo) i liked on Internet...
    Emailed dealer, and asked him for lowest price... Told him I'd be paying cash, driving it stright out of the country, and would never darken his door again, no warrenty costs or me annoying him ever again.... So that must be worth a good discount &#55357;&#56832;.....
    Then explained that as it would be an export (and for EU tax purposes its new - <6000km and/or < 6 months old) there would be a couple of differences, namely
    1. No Vat due on car
    2. Population of HMR form 411 for exporting a car
    3. They do not fill in V5 registration form, so not send it to the UK government and instead give the full form to me, which in turn I give to nct)
    (for the above I also emailed the dealer links to Irish revenue and UK hmr websites which stated same.

When he confirmed he was happy to proceed he sent me additional photos, offered video etc.
    I then eft'd him a load of cash (my lender insisted on paying direct)....
    ... Registered for UK fat charging, got flight to Newcastle, dealer picked me up, went to dealership, signed paperwork, got in car, drove to ferry.... Landed in Dublin..
    Phoned NCT, set up appointment for VRT assessment. Went to appointed... No Vrt due(€0.00), paid VAT (23%) of purchase price... Bought numberplates.....
    Excuse formatting, on phone...
    If you want more detail, I'll do a more detailed guide. If you have any questions, just ask.... I'm happy to repay all the help I got here over the psst year or so....

silly question. IF was car not previously reg'd in UK? how'd you drive it without plates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ewj1978 wrote: »
    silly question. IF was car not previously reg'd in UK? how'd you drive it without plates?

It would be but classed as new in Ireland as not over 6 months old or over 6k km.

It was a demo, initially registered to the dealer a couple of months ago, so it has tax and a reg...

It was a demo, initially registered to the dealer a couple of months ago, so it has tax and a reg...

Hi Irishrover,

How long did all this take for you to sort out yourself? Give or take how much did you save or was it simply the ability to get the spec you wanted in a decent timeframe?

• Advertisement

Hi Irishrover,

How long did all this take for you to sort out yourself? Give or take how much did you save or was it simply the ability to get the spec you wanted in a decent timeframe?

Just a few days, sorting out the loan was the only delay... Plus the EFT took a couple of days..
    I made an appointment with NCT for VAT/VRT assessment the day I got home and that took a few days as well.... It was all very painless to be honest

My main reason was not money, it was availability and spec...
    Having said that, I don't think I would have got one in Ireland any cheaper.... Give or take, I paid what it would have cost for new white premium car from Irish dealer

Was able to order a non-white Ioniq just 2 weeks ago from Fairview Motors.
    Dealer had initially told me no new inventory in 2018, then called me back 2 days later to say he had secured one.
    They are rare...no doubt about this.

I know Hyundai are launching the Kona EV, but not really feeling much love for the Ioniq despite it being a great car.
    There was talk of a longer range version months back, but nothing on that since.

There was talk of a longer range version months back, but nothing on that since.

Yeah, re the 40kWh Ioniq, there has been no mention of it at all as far as I can tell, since they launched the original... I emailed Hyundai Ireland a few months ago and they were hopeful of Q3 or Q4 this year...but to be honest I don't think that they had anything concrete at all...

It's a pity, as a 40kwh Ioniq would really be the EV I wanted, possibly even more than a tesla model 3..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yeah, re the 40kWh Ioniq, there has been no mention of it at all as far as I can tell, since they launched the original... I emailed Hyundai Ireland a few months ago and they were hopeful of Q3 or Q4 this year...but to be honest I don't think that they had anything concrete at all...

It's a pity, as a 40kwh Ioniq would really be the EV I wanted, possibly even more than a tesla model 3..

The 40kWh was part of the original launch. I would guess it the BEV Ioniq was a flop they could point to the 40kWh and release it to try and push sales

Since the current model is sold out Worldwide it hasn't been mentioned once and Hyundai have released nothing on it....

I don't see it coming to market. They will push out the Kona and then after that is released I would guess a Ioniq 1.5 will be announced with the same battery packs as the Kona.....that would make more sense.....Ioniq would be due a mid cycle refresh in 2020 so that could tie in

Not sure if this has been published before but good comparison of current EVs in the Nordics....
    https://elbil.no/the-biggest-electric-car-test-in-winter-wonderland-ever/
    It's a win for the ioniq

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The American's are starting to get the same production stoppage rumors that we got last September.

I wonder if it's just part of Hyundai's demand management strategy?

Model | Jan. 17 | Feb. | Mar. | Apr. | May. | Jun. | Jul. | Aug. | Sep. | Oct. | Nov. | Dec. | Jan. 18 | Feb. | Mar.
    IONIQ (Korea) | 255 | 277 | 732 | 607 | 517 | 476 | 810 | 959 | 846 | 649 | 961 | 768 | 1,086 | 949 | 886
    IONIQ (RoW) | 827 | 737 | 579 | 650 | 714 | 838 | 398 | 210 | 1,509 | 1,244 | 1,032 | 726 | 873 | 582 | 1,151
    Total | 1,082 | 1,014 | 1,311 | 1,257 | 1,231 | 1,314 | 1,208 | 1,169 | 2,355 | 1,893 | 1,993 | 1,494 | 1,959 | 1,531 | 2,037

I believe it's to do with their model years (USA and Canada). As in MY19 will be ready to order soon, so no point in letting people still order MY18

Not that there is any difference between the cars, LOL, but I guess it's a bit like our 181 and 182 plates

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I spotted that on the Hyundai Ioniq Electric Facebook page yesterday alright, a circular to dealers to stop selling MY18 and that possibly some orders for MY18 will not be fulfilled. Those customers will be offered the same deal etc. as the MY18 deal they got but will have to wait for an MY19. That's some wait already when we're only at April 2018.

Nah, you don't get the concept of model years. MY19 does not mean the car will only arrive to the customer in 2019, it could be as early as this summer. Technically a MY19 car could be sold and delivered on 01/01/2018

Ah right, I assumed that meant it was like a 191 here.

Edit - now that I have re-read the document, it does say customers can re-order for MY19 with deliveries beginning in July. Anyway, makes no odds to us lucky enough to be Ioniq owners already!

And FWIW, I spoke to a Hyundai sales manager last week and he reckons they will be able to get more Ioniq EVs this year than they could last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

And FWIW, I spoke to a Hyundai sales manager last week and he reckons they will be able to get more Ioniq EVs this year than they could last year.

I spoke to a hyundai dealer in Cork on Friday and he said he couldn't give me an estimated delivery date, he speculated on September :O
    He said they couldn't even get one in as a demo! All they have is a brown phev

And a tasty i30N!

Very impressive stuff. Must be a portable 22kW CCS DC charger!

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Very impressive stuff. Must be a portable 22kW CCS DC charger!

Linky

Link no work?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

I see on Hyundais website the latest BEV Ioniq is quoted to achieve a range of 280Km "depending on driving circumstances". In real world terms what would be the range? Say if your consistently driving on a motorway at 120Kph?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement