Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS RT-AC68U

Options
  • 20-02-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have with virgin media broadband with 240 mbps download speed

I've configured an ASUS RT-AC68U router last night with my Virgin media Technicolor TC7200 modem and I was getting 245 mbps wireless connection over 5ghz band close to the modem and downstairs I was getting 240 were before I was only getting 25 mbps with Virgin media modem

In the asus wireless router operation mode I'm using "Wireless router mode (Default)"
    It was very easy to set up

But today my wifi connection dropped again, I'm only getting now 50 mpbs besides the router

I don't know what could have caused the wifi speed to drop?

Is there anything I'm missing here?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I think Virgin are deliberately throttling connections. I'm seriously considering leaving them for a cheaper deal with Sky or Eir. Their max is 100mb but I don't seem to get more than that effectively with Virgin anyway.

The 240 as advertised is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cga

I get 240 when I have the PC connected by cable

Advertisement