Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanscam PTZ IP camera issues

Options
  • 20-02-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi folks,

I recently purchased a wanscam IP camera with PTZ and infared features for the purposes of monitoring a calving shed for my father remotely.

I also purchased a TP link TL-MR3420 3G modem and a three usb modem.

Now having installed the camera in the shed and placed the modem so it is receiving approx 3 Mb Download and 1 mB upload I have encountered some issues.

When viewing the camera on my phone or laptop the image is clear and a smooth good quality video is displayed with little or no delay in picture or control of the camera via the app once the phone/laptop is connected to the same network as the camera.

However once the phone/camera is connected to its own mobile internet or to a separate internet modem the camera video is delayed slightly where the video jumps slightly every 2-3 seconds. Aswell as that the control of the camera is severely delayed by maybe about 10 seconds meaning for difficulty in accuracy of controlling where to view.

Has anyone got any idea how this can be improved or where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Advertisement