Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MotoGP 2016

• 20-02-2016 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

This promises to be a fantastic year. We have grudges, control ECUs, Michelins that are unpredictable,(and in some cases faulty in testing), and a bit more fuel. There doesn't appear to be a huge gap so far between the riders, with Ducati looking as good as anyone else.

I'm looking forward to a couple of dogfight races this year! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

pablo128 wrote: »
    This promises to be a fantastic year. We have grudges, control ECUs, Michelins that are unpredictable,(and in some cases faulty in testing), and a bit more fuel. There doesn't appear to be a huge gap so far between the riders, with Ducati looking as good as anyone else.

I'm looking forward to a couple of dogfight races this year! :D

Dont you mean Stoner whipping the factory riders asses.;):D

Lorenzo V Rossi will be the main one to watch I reckon.Marquez has alot to learn now,allmost like a newbie rider again.

Rossi has the experience of being able to ride and race with out all the rider aids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Dont you mean Stoner whipping the factory riders asses.;):D

Oh that is definitely a possibility!

Oh that is definitely a possibility!

Well hes handed them their asses in testing so far.

Dovi and Maniac Joe have no answer for Stoners sheer speed.

And Stoner is only the Ducati test rider testing last years bike,remember.:pac::D

I'm after warming to him a bit since he went to Ducati again. If he can keep the whining to an acceptable level, he will gain a lot of fans back.

Philip Island this year will be special. Everyone going hard at it, with Stoner up there nicking valuable points off them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Another motogp thread..ahh lads..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

One is Calendar, the other is News and Chat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

It's the motorbike forum why shouldn't there be a Motogp thread? I'd much rather post here than the motorsports forum.

Should be a great season - pity laverty got injured hopefully he can recover fully and push on a bit from last year.

Went to San Marino last year which was a great experience - love to go somewhere else this year but I'm broke! Just have to be content watching it on BT

I actually looked to see if a thread had been started, but I didn't think to look in the Motorsport forum. Mods can merge the threads if required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I actually looked to see if a thread had been started, but I didn't think to look in the Motorsport forum. Mods can merge the threads if required.

You didn't look far enough, should have gone to Specsaver :D

sonic85 wrote: »
    It's the motorbike forum why shouldn't there be a Motogp thread? I'd much rather post here than the motorsports forum.

Why...seriously why...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

sonic85 wrote: »
    Went to San Marino last year which was a great experience

Any recommendations? I'm heading to San Marino this year. Can't wait. Is the fact you can't wander the circuit on Saturday & Sunday a big issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

As per the other thread, am booked for Barcelona, cannot wait, Grandstand H with the sweeping corners before the main straight and big TV screens for all the action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

DaveD wrote: »
    Any recommendations? I'm heading to San Marino this year. Can't wait. Is the fact you can't wander the circuit on Saturday & Sunday a big issue?

We did a kind of insiders night with pole position travel (i think) on the Thursday night which was good craic. Got photos with danny kent Johan zarco alex marquez jack miller etc so that might be worth looking into if ya fancy it.

It's not a massive issue but it would've been nice to experience one or two more areas to get different views. We had tickets for prato 2 for Friday and Saturday and we got tickets for a stand for the Sunday (stand F I think) which wasn't too far away from the VR46 stand. Good atmosphere. Went to tuvullia Sunday afternoon which was grand - if ya like rossi it would definitely be worth a visit.

We did a tour of the ducati factory on the monday which was class but rushed I thought. I was wandering around the museum part snapping the bikes and was told to get out - I'd say they have a strict schedule to keep to but it was a bit annoying. That's definitely worth doing. I'd love a job there - just sweeping the floor would do me! Before we went in the guide asked us all what bikes we had - lads with monsters st4s 999s etc I told her I had a honda - took the piss out of me after that!

Italys great they love their bikes - walking down the street in misano adriatico I seen some lovely machines including a desmo which was class.

Loved the trip overall would definitely do it again if I had the money! Sorry couldn't go into more detail I'm on the phone at the moment but ya get the jist

Race weekend at last. Yamaha 1 - 2 so far in practice. Honda factory riders currently 7th and 8th.:pac: The Dukes are 3rd and 9th.

As the bikes no longer have 'intelligent' ECUs, when the tyres drop off, who'll be able to stay on? Who's hard on tyres? Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Another motogp thread..ahh lads..
    Why...seriously why...:confused:
    I'm a biker my whole life, but I just don't get MotoGP :o

Road-racing appeals more to me, but only marginally.

I much prefer riding sickles to watching other folks ride them :confused:

Race Direction totally screwed thing up there at the start.Made a complete balls of the start and then the penalties.

Rossi still needs to work on his M1 and also on his fitness by the looks of it.
    Well done to Dovi.
    Would still love to see Stoner out there and spanking Lorenzo and Marquez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

For anyone interested the latest episode of the paddock pass podcast is online. It's something that we've been working on for a while so let me know what everyone thinks!

https://soundcloud.com/the-paddock-pass-podcast/episode-21

Looking interesting for tomorrow. The qualifying positions don't tell the full story. Lorenzo may be in 3rd, but suffered a couple of falls, one during qualifying. As did Marquez. Rossi could well win it again this year.

And then there's the threat of rain too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I'm a biker my whole life, but I just don't get MotoGP :o

I really can't get into MotoGP at all.

Gimme back Rainey, Mick Doohan, Kevin Kevin Schwantz & Barry Sheen riding 500cc two strokes any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

Anyone know what station is showing this, is it only Euro sport

limos wrote: »
    Anyone know what station is showing this, is it only Euro sport

Eh Eurosport 2 only show WSBK.You may have missed race 1 and race 2 live from Aragon yesterday and this morning.Chaz Davis on fire there.

Its BT Sports 2 who show Moto 3,Moto 2 and MotoGP live.
    Moto 3 is live from 4:30pm,Moto 2 is live from 6pm,and main MotoGP race is live from 7:45pm this evening on BT Sports 2.

Gimme back Rainey, Mick Doohan, Kevin Kevin Schwantz & Barry Sheen riding 500cc two strokes any day of the week.

Just them good old boys,never meanin no harm..............

Anyone remember "the finger"??:D

Great Moto2 race earlier on.
    Roll on MotoGP now.:)

DSCN4782_zpsnmqgyr64.jpg

There better be a mention for Eugene on the news or they can FRO....

WHAT A RACE.:eek::eek::pac:

Id love to be a fly on the wall in the Ducati pit garage right now.:D
    Rossi was given a double gift on the last corner.;)

Eugene Laverty,what an epic ride,thats all I will say.:D:D:D

And poor auld Lorenzo.He was NOWHERE.:D

Rossi didnt like his 2nd bike at all,after the change over.

If you missed it,well you just missed an EPIC race.:D

DSCN4784_zpsbcffp1zg.jpg

• Advertisement

You couldn't have predicted it! Rossi looked fantastic in the first stint, sh1t in the 2nd stint, got passed by 3 bikes and still finishes 2nd!:eek:

Epic race. Delighted for Lorenzo too.:pac: (I hope he's ok though.)

Advertisement