Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MotoGP 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

pablo128 wrote: »
    You couldn't have predicted it! Rossi looked fantastic in the first stint, sh1t in the 2nd stint, got passed by 3 bikes and still finishes 2nd!:eek:

Epic race. Delighted for Lorenzo too.:pac: (I hope he's ok though.)

Id say hes a face like a slapped ar5e right now.Even before it,he was being mugged by loads of other riders.Jack Miller even mugged him.:D

DSCN4786_zpsbxylchly.jpg

Ducati need to give Eugene proper factory support and upgrade parts now,after that amazing result.

Dovi gets 3 points by pushing his bike across the line.

Thought the bike had to be under its own power to get points???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Dovi gets 3 points by pushing his bike across the line.

Thought the bike had to be under its own power to get points???

I don't think it has. Just once the rider and bike cross the line. You would think Iannone would have given him a hand pushing it! I actually commented to the missus about where the feck they got a picnic chair from, for Iannone!:pac:

Not a single mention of Eugene and his heroics on the RTE1 News (sports news).

But they showed the West Indies winning the cricket.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a useless shower in RTE.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Not a single mention of Eugene and his heroics on the RTE1 News (sports news).

But they showed the West Indies winning the cricket.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a useless shower in RTE.:mad::mad::mad:

If he had worn a pair of O'Neills shorts on the bike, or some Rugby gear, our media would have been all over him.:mad:

If he had worn a pair of O'Neills shorts on the bike, or some Rugby gear, our media would have been all over him.:mad:

They will happily show the F1 racing with no Irish driver in it,and talk about some useless runner who finished 2nd last in an athletics race.

You would swear that RTE are anti bike.

Oh wait.:rolleyes::mad:

BT Sports 2 spent a good 7-8 minutes interviewing and talking to Eugene more or less straight after the race.
    Gave him great TV time and publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Doyle gave him a decent interview to be fair, Eugene looked a bit stunned TBH.
    I wouldn't hope for any kind of publicity from RTE, as long as Ryle Nugent is head of sport he won't show anything motorcycle based.
    They hardly show anything from the TT or road races.
    Write an email and ask why they don't cover this. The more that make their opinion known as to the lack of coverage the better.
    It can't hurt.

Hope Eugene can build on this result for next weekends MotoGP race in Texas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

A super race. Yesterday I was thinking it would be interesting enough with the replacement tyres.

But then today with the **** tyres that can only do 11 laps , pit stop with bike swap, Lorenzo having a spill, Rossi on fire on bike 1 but not so hot on bike 2 , and the two Ducati's loosing out in a lot of points for the team and handing them too Rossi!

What a race and to top it off our man Eugene in 4th. Super stuff let's hope the season stays as interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They will happily show the F1 racing with no Irish driver in it,and talk about some useless runner who finished 2nd last in an athletics race.

You would swear that RTE are anti bike.

Oh wait.:rolleyes::mad:

Gaa, horseracing,soccer,F1 even mentioned England losing the cricket ffs....no motogp...

Marquez dominating so far in the first 3 practice sessions. Iannone probably his closest competition at the moment. There's another bunch of riders a few tenths back close enough on times. It's hard to see past Marquez for the win this weekend.

Marquez dominating so far in the first 3 practice sessions. Iannone probably his closest competition at the moment. There's another bunch of riders a few tenths back close enough on times. It's hard to see past Marquez for the win this weekend.

Maniac Joe has a grid penalty for wiping out Dovi in the last race.

Yamahas 2nd and 3rd,Rossi finally seems to be able to get the qualifying sorted.

I think Marquez will either win or crash,as he seems on the ragged edge all the time on that Honda.
    Lorenzo in 2nd place seems super smooth.
    I hate Lorenzo,but I do admire how he rides the M1 so smoothly.
    40% chance of rain for the race tomorrow.:pac::D

Race is live at 8pm Irish time later on tonight on BT Sports 2.:)

Oh and Cal to crash out yet again.:pac::rolleyes:

I just checked the forecast for Texas and it says there's just a slight chance of rain. Yeah Rossi has found a way to qualify well, for sure. He has done well this year so far. I'm pleasantly surprised!

There was some lean angles going on in practice and qualifying. I saw one clip of Lorenzo in slo mo, and his knee and elbow were dug into the track!

I just checked the forecast for Texas and it says there's just a slight chance of rain. Yeah Rossi has found a way to qualify well, for sure. He has done well this year so far. I'm pleasantly surprised!

There was some lean angles going on in practice and qualifying. I saw one clip of Lorenzo in slo mo, and his knee and elbow were dug into the track!

Did you see Jack Millers crash?

Ouch.:(
    Hes out with some broken bones.:(

Lorenzo in realtime and slow mo is so smooth,its nearly unreal.

Marquez in realtime and slow mo is a case of "close your eyes and hope for the best".:eek::pac::D

Hes a bin it or win it rider.:pac:

Dont for get the BSB live on Eurosport 2 from 12 noon later today aswell.

Good day today for live bike racing.

Did you see Jack Millers crash?

Ouch.:(
    Hes out with some broken bones.:(

Lorenzo in realtime and slow mo is so smooth,its nearly unreal.

Marquez in realtime and slow mo is a case of "close your eyes and hope for the best".:eek::pac::D

Hes a bin it or win it rider.:pac:

I didn't see that crash tbh. I might see if its on youtube.

There's some difference in riding styles alright. Lorenzo set his fast lap barely touching the kerbs. Some of the others were nearly using them as ramps. The sideways style can be spectacular at times. Great to watch at such a high speed.

Sam Lowes is on a mission in Moto 2 right now.:)
    Track conditions are cold and windy and rain is on its way in aswell.

Roll on MotoGP race so.:D

DSCN4881_zpsvjh6z2vf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yawnfest.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Terrible race, now I'm depressed

Dovi must be fit to kill someone. I'm surprised he didn't lamp Pedrosa!:pac:

I was a little bit upset Iannone couldn't catch Lorenzo.

Cal crashed yet again.
    He can blame it on the "gout" this time.lol

Pedrosa doing the walk of shame down to Dovi and Ducati to say sorry.
    Pedrosa wont be at HRC next season.
    Apart from the 1st half of the race,the rest was a yawn fest.

Whats happened Pedrosa,up until a few years ago you could say he was the best rider to have never won a championship

If the rest of the season is this crap, I give up.
    I know this track isn't great but the amount of crashes was crazy.
    BSB racing is much better, closer and more interesting when the bikes don't have rider aids like WSBK and MotoGP. Todays racing was brilliant.

Rossi's front end went from underneath him.
    He burned/overheated the clutch off the start and thats why he dropped back down the field,he said he was trying to cool it down and take it easy for a few laps.

DSCN4903_zpsgbclo7ak.jpg

Pedrosa speering into Dovi and taking both of them out of the race.Dovi was lucky not to suffer serious injuries from that impact.
    Pedrosa walked down to Ducati/Dovi pit garage to say sorry and see if Dovi was ok.

DSCN4908_zpsforprwcs.jpg

After that,it was a borefest.:(

Moto 2 was much more entertaining overall.

DSCN4881_zpsvjh6z2vf.jpg

BSB was good,especially race 2.Shakey off to a very good start on the Panigale.

DSCN4866_zpslha1zkol.jpg

Pole position for Rossi, after topping FP3. Looking good for him for tomorrow.

Pole position for Rossi, after topping FP3. Looking good for him for tomorrow.

Lorenzo trying his best not to look gutted.:pac:

Go on the GOAT.:D

Rossi is probably one of the few that remembers Michelins from the last time maybe giving him an advantage?
    Lorenzo's high corner speed worked well with the 'Stones but I wonder if he isn't as confident on the Michelins.

• Advertisement

Hope Rossi does the business tomorrow,although Id say Lorenzo and Marquez will be very hard to keep behind.

Advertisement