Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Coffee Do You Go Through A Week/Month?

• 20-02-2016 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Just curious about how much beans/ground coffee you guys go through at home and how often you have to update. I find myself getting through a 250g bag a week roughly between espressos and Aeropress during the day! It's probably more economical for me to just buy 500/1KG bags.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Probably between 50-150g depending on the week. I often have 50g odd in a day but I'm hardly ever home which means I don't get through that much.

If I was actually home for a weekend and after work each day then id be looking at 200-250g. It's nice not having my own coffee and having to have instant quite a bit as you don't get 'used' to nice coffee and still appreciate it quite a bit!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Personally, ID have a filter in the morning and an espresso in the evening and that would be it most days. Sometimes an extra one on the weekends. I guess 2 bags would last 2 weeeks or there abouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I buy a 250g bag every Saturday morning. That seems to be the pace I've settled into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Similar here - I'd have one in the morning and one in the evening and would go through around a bag week. I roast 12oz most Sundays and that keeps my going.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JPWOctane

About a kilo a month at home and whatever I drink at work. Adds up to about 5 cups a day, usually strong americanos. I like coffee but I should probably drink a bit less of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Strictly 3 per day, Monday to Friday :) Aeropress @ work.
    Weekend I drink more.......coffee.
    Used to subscribe to Bailies but they've cut down on weekly mailing, price went up, I quit.

Now I buy from Badger & D. Two and a half kilos a time. Not the freshest by any means at the end of the month or how long it lasts but I like it.
    Roasted bean. It has it's dampness even at the end of the month so it might be as good as.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Any blend/bean in particular you would recommend from B&D PlanetX? Have never tried them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Any blend/bean in particular you would recommend from B&D PlanetX? Have never tried them

Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua are the beans I pick up when they're available. Have a bag of Tanzanian beans at the minute and I like them a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I go through about a kilo a month, probably have 4 cups per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

4x250 bags a month , 2 double espresso a day .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Wkly consumption of 450g espresso and 350g filter in this household of 2 adults + guests. Have 2 x mthly filter subs and a 500g mthly espresso sub from the Barn. All 250g bags, only exception for me is when I order from coffeemojo as I tend to get a 1kg bag of espresso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Depending how much help I have drinking it, a 250g bag lasts a week to ten days here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

donnacha wrote: »
    Wkly consumption of 450g espresso and 350g filter in this household of 2 adults + guests. Have 2 x mthly filter subs and a 500g mthly espresso sub from the Barn. All 250g bags, only exception for me is when I order from coffeemojo as I tend to get a 1kg bag of espresso.

Have wanted to try The Barn for a while but it's very pricey - do you find it is worth it Donnacha?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

No.....not too fussy. Sumatra this month. Just rotate to a different one each purchase.
    They all seem to be good so I'm getting a decent cup every time. As long as I don't have to unscrew a jar of some dust or freeze dried concoction........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Have wanted to try The Barn for a while but it's very pricey - do you find it is worth it Donnacha?

Definitely, though I did buy my sub when they had a sale on so not as pricey as normal :)
    Their espresso tends towards much lighter profiles so not going to suit all folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have two cups every morning and a 250G bag last just over a week. I also have a Nespresso - some days I use 2-3 pods, other days I use none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

I would say 1 kilo a week for espresso. As there can be lots of waste when dialling in. If just filter I would say 350g. I have two subsriptions from hasbean, thats for 2 adults

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Just polished off my third 250g bag this month. No one else in the house besides me drinks it, so I'm on 250g every three days at the minute! Is this the average??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Probably not, but what difference does it make? Would you change your tea drinking habits if you found out it wasn't? There are sure worse things to overdo :)

Wouldn't make any difference, more curiosity than anything really!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Threads merged.

Christ, ye made me count, I didn't want to count. The Mrs and myself (mainly me) are going through over 2 bags a week. Token101, I'm with you.

What brewing ratio's are the rest of ye using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

1 jar of Maxwell House a fortnight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

1 jar of Maxwell House a fortnight

And your brew ratio??? :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

And your brew ratio??? :-p

Erm.. a spoon of coffee, a spoon of sugar and a splash of semi skimmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Threads merged.

Christ, ye made me count, I didn't want to count. The Mrs and myself (mainly me) are going through over 2 bags a week. Token101, I'm with you.

What brewing ratio's are the rest of ye using?

Around 500g here too. Only difference is my wife doesn't drink coffee.

When brewing a Chemex I stick to the 60g per liter. Other brew methods the ratio changes slightly, not a huge amount though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I do 17g for the double espresso (27g output)

15g/250 ml for the aeropress

18g/300ml for the Kalita Wave.

I'd normally do two table spoons for a single cup from the V60 and the Cafetiere. I find anything less isn't as strong. I reckon I get about 10 cups from a 250g bag on average, so really it's only 4 cups a day which isn't very bad but
    I wasn't even counting pods either. Go through a few of those a day at work as well!

Advertisement