Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Billy86 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was under Hiddink in 2009/10, though he had them in a more attacking fashion. Interestingly though, the shape of each team was pretty similar if I recall (probably helped that the players were the same - that was a serious spine/core they had), they trailed Jose's two winning seasons by 5-10 points but were fantastic team to watch.

Also frustrating to watch, because they beat us by a point (I'll never forget Neville in that end of season game :( ) and Florent Malouda appeared to be playing FIFA in real life at times: go down wing, cut inside near the line, shoot or square it to Drogba. Goal. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

It was under Carlo Ancelotti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It was under Carlo Ancelotti.

You're right! Hiddink took over for the end of the season prior, the Ancelotti was named manager summer 2009! From Avram to Jose's return, it got pretty tricky to keep track of who was in charge at Chelsea at any given time... it's all just become a jumbled mess to me at this point, figuring who was there and when. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You're right! Hiddink took over for the end of the season prior, the Ancelotti was named manager summer 2009! From Avram to Jose's return, it got pretty tricky to keep track of who was in charge at Chelsea at any given time... it's all just become a jumbled mess to me at this point, figuring who was there and when. :o

I usually just refer to Chelsea's managers since 2000 as either Jose or non-Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

bangkok wrote: »
    also you clearly didn't watch the game if you think aguero could "easily have scored a hat trick"

Erm, He had lots of chances that would have been goals on any other day pal.

We got extremely lucky that he didn't net. City other than that were muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Any chrome extensions that block the word "Welbeck" no?

• Advertisement

City had balls all chances that were worth talking about despite sky sports and them saying they had 17 odd chances. How many times did you see Degea struggling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

block who?

It's called Welblock.

Unfortunately boards.ie has a Welblock blocker, and refuses to work until you deactivate it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

It's called Welblock.

Unfortunately boards.ie has a Welblock blocker, and refuses to work until you deactivate it. :(

Hahaha

It's called Welblock.

I was going to buy Welblock Pro but I wasn't sure if it would be worth the investment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Apart from him hitting the post which de gea had covered I don't remember him having any other clear cut chances.

They only had 3 shots on target over 90min as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Apart from him hitting the post which de gea had covered I don't remember him having any other clear cut chances.

They only had 3 shots on target over 90min as well

The old biest blinkers again.

Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Jayop wrote: »
    I was going to buy Welblock Pro but I wasn't sure if it would be worth the investment.

It blocks most of the ads but not the ones when it really matters. Very fast, but sometimes doesn't work.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    It blocks most of the ads but not the ones when it really matters. Very fast, but sometimes doesn't work.

To be fair it does do plenty of other things, and tends to take a lot of the demand and pressure off the other antivirus and ad blocking software. It's not Welblock's fault that it's forever being incorrectly used as a media player.

The old biest blinkers again.

Unreal.

What chances did he have, clear cut ones?

The chest control and shot wide, the header off the post, the shot that went a mile over the bar and wide? What else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pep has only used 2 or 3 youth players semi regularly in 3 years at Bayern..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It's called Welblock.

Well we'll block the Welblock blocker that's blocking Welblock from blocking Welbeck.

Chagan wrote: »
    Well we'll block the Welblock blocker that's blocking Welblock from blocking Welbeck.

You mean use the Welblock Neuerteriser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

There is a very good Welbeck blocker on boards its called the Arsenal thread it doesn't block it completely but you don't see as much crap about him as there is in the United thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United vs Dortmund and City confirmed as the two China preseason matches. Looks like that will be our first taste of Pep vs Jose :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    United vs Dortmund and City confirmed as the two China preseason matches. Looks like that will be our first taste of Pep vs Jose :P

Tasty pre season :D seems a lot more of the British media are getting behind the Jose stories now too..

Or it could be lvg vs pep imagine....... We probably have about 5 senior players by then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

The Telegraph have compiled a list of the 20 dirtiest players to grace the Premier League over the past five years, and there are plenty of familiar faces making the cut.
    The list takes into account yellow and red cards awarded to a player, as well as the number of fouls committed, with Ireland midfielder James McCarthy finding himself in ninth place, despite not receiving a red card in his Premier League career.

However, a tally of 30 yellows and nearly 200 fouls over the last half-decade sees the Everton man into the top ten.
    It is no surprise to see McCarthy trailing the likes of Lee Cattermole and Charlie Adam, while the identity of the man in the number one spot won't shock a soul who watched the recent Europa League encounters between Manchester United and Liverpool.

Yes, the Premier League's dirtiest player is Marouane Fellaini, who elbows his way to the top spot with a whopping 296 fouls, 23 yellows and one red card.

Here's the top ten:

10. Ramires
    9. James McCarthy
    8. Morgan Schneiderlin
    7. Lee Cattermole
    6. Craig Gardner
    5. Jack Colback
    4. Charlie Adam
    3. Cheick Tiote
    2. Gareth Barry
    1. Marouane Fellaini

I'm late to the party but that's disgraceful from Schneiderlin . Filthy player altogether!! :D

I'm late to the party but that's disgraceful from Schneiderlin . Filthy player altogether!! :D

And people say he does nothing all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/712556995711266816

West Ham replay is now April 13th, clashes with Champions League though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

couple of other tweets from him...

"Strange that Utd haven't offered Carrick a new deal. As Keane once said, if they haven't offered u a new deal by Dec they aren't going to."

"Remember if LVG stays so will Fellaini, given it would be his last 12 months I highly doubt the Glazers would give him a lot to spend"

"Marcus Rashford has equalled Radamel Falcaos goal output over 2 season in just 8 games. Incredible demise for once such a great striker."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

#Kroos in talks with PSG ! And he is in Guardiola's shortlist at City and Manchesrer United are willing to offer €50M for him !

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/712237962067644416

Another dog slow CM, hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aubameyang's debut for us could be against his soon to be old club.

• Advertisement

MEN picked up the story that we are to go for Saul Niguez for £31 million,a bid was made in January but nothing happened so they are going back this Summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/memphis-depay-invites-yet-more-7611843

for a player that is having a very poor season, he is not helping himself wearing stuff like this.

he is turning a bit like Balotelli, know more for what he does off the field instead of what he does on it

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aubameyang and reus debut for us could be against their soon to be old club.

F. Y. P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*is wearing a camp top at the moment*

Looks like people just wanting to take shots at him tbh.

Meanwhile, Schiweinsteiger has left the German National team after picking up another knee injury :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

MEN picked up the story that we are to go for Saul Niguez for £31 million,a bid was made in January but nothing happened so they are going back this Summer.

Interesting one this, likely to be plenty physical enough for the premiership and has had a real good season for Atletico but he's only a kid and no guarantee he'll take to England,mind you there's always that risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I come here for football, not fashion blogs.

• Advertisement

*is wearing a camp top at the moment*

Looks like people just wanting to take shots at him tbh.

Meanwhile, Schiweinsteiger has left the German National team after picking up another knee injury :(

he is bringing unwanted attention towards himself and is beginning to get a name more for what he wears off the field rather than what he does on the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So that's what it has come down to, we are calling Saul for help. New low

I come here for football, not fashion blogs.

All I see in the pic are 2 bags,one floating in mid air.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,386 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

for a player that is having a very poor season, he is not helping himself wearing

Stuff like wearing clothes he likes?

Cop on to yourself, to be honest.

This kind of criticism and stalking of players is absolutely pathetic and anyone who engages in it should start buying themselves the latest issue of OK! rather than Four Four Two.

Stupid, childish, immature, jealous bitching is all it is.

I actually do wonder how the journalists who publish these crap articles feel about such work. Are they proud of their contributions or does hitting publish on such meaningless tat kill them just a little - who went to college and dreamed of being a sports reporter to peddle such crap? All for clicks, not for reason, debate, argument or insight.

This kind of criticism and stalking of players is absolutely pathetic and anyone who engages in it should start buying themselves the latest issue of OK! rather than Four Four Two.

I actually do wonder how the journalists who publish these crap articles feel about such work. Are they proud of their contributions or does hitting publish on such meaningless tat kill them just a little - who went to college and dreamed of being a sports reporter to peddle such crap? All for clicks, not for reason, debate, argument or insight.

he is an employee of Manchester United and as such represents the club at all times.

Alex Ferguson once made David Beckham go into the toilets in Wembley before a game and shave off his Mohawk. he wanted all United players to be professional at all times.

Its not the first time Depay has been questioned over his off the field stuff, iirc Ryan Giggs had words with him in October or that about what he was doing off the field and he was subsequently dropped from the squad from the next game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

for a player that is having a very poor season, he is not helping himself wearing stuff like this.

he is turning a bit like Balotelli, know more for what he does off the field instead of what he does on it

He has terrible dress sense how does this compare to anything Balotelli has done like set the fireworks off in his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

He's just wearing the clothes of the company that sponsors him. A nothing story from an absolute gutter newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

What's not helping him is having the poor season, what he wears is irrelevant. He could wear Borat's mankini for all I care. Beckham wore a sarong, not that it matters.

Should you only be allowed wear slightly alternative clothes when you're playing well? Bizarre stuff.

sky88 wrote: »
    He has terrible dress sense how does this compare to anything Balotelli has done like set the fireworks off in his house.

i am using the comparison as in he is known more for his off the field fashion that for what he actually does on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

he is an employee of Manchester United and as such represents the club at all times.

Alex Ferguson once made David Beckham go into the toilets in Wembley before a game and shave off his Mohawk. he wanted all United players to be professional at all times.

Its not the first time Depay has been questioned over his off the field stuff, iirc Ryan Giggs had words with him in October or that about what he was doing off the field and he was subsequently dropped from the squad from the next game

Thats a load of bollocks.

He is on his personal time so can wear what ever the hell he wants.

Does your employer tell you what you can and cannot wear when you aren't in work?

They do in their hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

i am using the comparison as in he is known more for his off the field fashion that for what he actually does on the field.

By who?? Most non United EPL fans wouldnt know Memphis if you put him in a line up. I think we have found your new Fellaini, or maybe it was just your way of working in your daily reminder that Alex Ferguson once managed United

Just look at some of the abominations Messi wears,http://messisuglysuits.tumblr.com/ nobody cares,I'm more annoyed that Memphis was finding a bit of form then LVG dropped him.

Bangkok is probably too young to remember Liverpool's Spice Boys Suits.:pac:

LeeJM wrote: »
    By who?? Most non United EPL fans wouldnt know Memphis if you put him in a line up. I think we have found your new Fellaini, or maybe it was just your way of working in your daily reminder that Alex Ferguson once managed United

no I like Depay and will give him time to settle as he has moved to a new league but if mourinho comes in can you see him staying long in all seriousness??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

"Oh hey Richard, you're a journalist right? I just watched Spotlight last night, you know the Oscar winning film about the investigative journalists blowing the lid off the Catholic Church's systemic abuse of children in Boston? Man, it all seems so exciting. I'd love to be doing something that really made a difference you know? I thought about you while I was watching it. Do you reckon it's too late in life for me to consider a career change? What are you working on at the moment, anything big?"

"Well, yesterday this footballer wore some sort of unusual clothes on his trip home to the Netherlands, so I reported on that. I stuck in a shrugging GIF to try and make it sort of funny for the lads..."

Just look at some of the abominations Messi wears,http://messisuglysuits.tumblr.com/ nobody cares,I'm more annoyed that Memphis was finding a bit of form then LVG dropped him.

Bangkok is probably too young to remember Liverpool's Spice Boys Suits.:pac:

I remember it well, I was at the game with my father.

Why do you think there was such uproar over Liverpool in white suits? it took all the attention away from the actual football game.

there are only 2 things that are ever remembered from that cup final in 96 as it was such a poor game,

1. Liverpool players in white suits "the spice boys"

2. Cantona's winner

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement