Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    no I like Depay and will give him time to settle as he has moved to a new league but if mourinho comes in can you see him staying long in all seriousness??

Mourinho has consistently developed close working relationships with players under his command, its just as likely that he comes in and gives Depay exactly what he needs, be it an arm around the shoulder or some strict discipline. For all we know Depay could respond brilliantly to Mourinho and start performing to his ability. He would hardly be the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Schweinsteiger injured in training with Germany and will miss the Italy game,he needs a scan to see how bad it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thats a load of bollocks.

He is on his personal time so can wear what ever the hell he wants.

Does your employer tell you what you can and cannot wear when you aren't in work?

They do in their hole.

lol

totally different scenario

"Oh hey Richard, you're a journalist right? I just watched Spotlight last night, you know the Oscar winning film about the investigative journalists blowing the lid off the Catholic Church's systemic abuse of children in Boston? Man, it all seems so exciting. I'd love to be doing something that really made a difference you know? I thought about you while I was watching it. Do you reckon it's too late in life for me to consider a career change? What are you working on at the moment, anything big?"

"Well, yesterday this footballer wore some sort of unusual clothes on his trip home to the Netherlands, so I reported on that. I stuck in a shrugging GIF to try and make it sort of funny for the lads..."

do you know what the biggest selling newspaper is in the Uk??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

do you know what the biggest selling newspaper is in the Uk??

Do you know what Rayleigh scattering is?

Do you know what Rayleigh scattering is?

The sun, daily mail and metro are the top 3 selling newspapers in the UK, so when you don't think what Depay wears doesn't attract attention you would be 100% incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The sun, daily mail and metro are the top 3 selling newspapers in the UK, so when you don't think what Depay wears doesn't attract attention you would be 100% incorrect

Rayleigh scattering is the way that light is scattered when it passes through air. This happens to sunlight as it passes through the atmosphere and that's what gives us the blue sky. So when you think the sky is blue because it's full of water you would be 100% incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

easing knowing its international week
    when we're talking about what a player wears off the pitch than does on it....

yawn....

Think i'll abandon this page til next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

zerks wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger injured in training with Germany and will miss the Italy game,he needs a scan to see how bad it is.

FFS

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »

yawn....

that's the issue, if he was scoring 20 goals for us no one would care what he was doing off the field

that's the issue, if he was scoring 20 goals for us no one would care what he was doing off the field

says the guy who raised our awareness of it...
    C'mon Bang, you've become a better poster than that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

yawn....

Be thankful we've moved on from the endless cycle of D***y Wel***k discussion :D

Be thankful we've moved on from the endless cycle of D***y Wel***k Maruoane Fellaini discussion :D

FYP

FYP

At least Fellaini actually plays for us so it's still slightly relevant :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

90% of footballers dress just as bad from what I've seen. Where's the outrage about Luke Shaw's britches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Its not the first time Depay has been questioned over his off the field stuff, iirc Ryan Giggs had words with him in October or that about what he was doing off the field and he was subsequently dropped from the squad from the next game

Nearly spat the soup out at the thoughts of Giggsy lecturing someone about what he was doing off the field

AGC wrote: »
    Nearly spat the soup out at the thoughts of Giggsy lecturing someone about what he was doing off the field

Aye, like giggs can talk about off the field antics...
    have a look in the mirror there Ryan
    then start preaching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He his indescretions well. Given he's been a public figure for the last twenty five years, and while a young lad with plenty of money, he did well to only be caught out on the one occasion.

he is bringing unwanted attention towards himself and is beginning to get a name more for what he wears off the field rather than what he does on the field

Camouflage clothing; notorious for drawing attention to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Aye, like giggs can talk about off the field antics...
    have a look in the mirror there Ryan
    then start preaching

When Depays going on drinking benders and god knows what else and it's effecting his game then Giggs has every right to be having a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When Depays going on drinking benders and god knows what else and it's effecting his game then Giggs has every right to be having a word.

I heard him and Fellaini were out in London elbowing people at 4 in the morning before the City game at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,386 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What drinking benders? Have you just made up this accusation to lend weight to an argument or is their evidence of Memphis going on drinking benders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

LiamoSail wrote: »
    He his indescretions well. Given he's been a public figure for the last twenty five years, and while a young lad with plenty of money, he did well to only be caught out on the one occasion.

Can you take a bit of tongue and cheek???

He did well just to be caught riding his sister in law?

Bring back the football is right, Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What drinking benders? Have you just made up this accusation to lend weight to an argument or is their evidence of Memphis going on drinking benders?

Well when you add that to the lines of coke him and Rojo are doing in the dressing room you have to start taking action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Attraction and a good read Ii you are an absolute dribbler.

The nonsense over Memphis dress attire, cars he drives and food shopping is along the lines of when players have a negative article written about them having the audacity to go out for dinner after their team lose, because they should be in their room crying and punishing themselves, how dare they have a life with all that money they earn.

It's total knuckle dragging stuff and the sort of fan opinion that makes me cringe to be associated with.

Can you take a bit of tongue and cheek???

He did well just to be caught riding his sister in law?

Bring back the football is right, Christ.

I mean that given he's been in the spotlight for twenty five years, is known everywhere he goes, no doubt has women throwing themselves at him right, left and centre, to only be caught out once isn't a bad return. I'd have thought he'd be a good person to listen to how he, for the most part, managed to avoid unwanted media attention.

Obviously that business with his sister in law was a disgrace and reflected very poorly on his character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Back to faux outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't want any more Madrid rejects, they don't want to be sold and Manchester will hit them hard coming from where they are

I'd stay away from Rodriguez and Kroos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yawn....

I'm just surprised that bangkok hasn't tried to blame Fellaini for the terror attacks yesterday tbh.

Given they occurred in Belgium he is surely somehow at fault.

I don't want any more Madrid rejects, they don't want to be sold and Manchester will hit them hard coming from where they are

I'd have gladly taken Robben or Sneijder when Madrid dumped them. And Ozil. Still reckon Di Maria would have been fine under a better manager.

Wouldn't take James though, not a fan.

• Advertisement

where's that coming from....
    Are we signing them???

where's that coming from....
    Are we signing them???

United and City (and PSG) are currently being linked with a €45-€50million bid for Kroos (described, possibly inaccurately, as 'wantaway) and we have been continuously linked with James for months on end now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Swein gone with a knee ligament injury.

I've no evidence but i believe what i've been told by who i've been told. The place he's staying in is being rented and i know someone involved in the company he's renting from and they want him out or he could even be out by now it was Christmas time i heard about it but he was partying like a rockstar and had the place destroyed.

The way he's played for most of his time here suggests to me he hasn't exactly been putting in the hard yards and he looks like he's even put on a bit of unwanted weight too.

• You know it's an International break when the past fewpages are spent debating depays pants :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Schwinesteiger gone for the rest of the season, apparently confirmed now. Looks like he will miss the Euros too, so would say that's his international career over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I've no evidence but i believe what i've been told by who i've been told. The place he's staying in is being rented and i know someone involved in the company he's renting from and they want him out or he could even be out by now it was Christmas time i heard about it but he was partying like a rockstar and had the place destroyed.

lol!

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Schwinesteiger gone for the rest of the season, apparently confirmed now. Looks like he will miss the Euros too, so would say that's his international career over :(

??

What happened!!

lol!

It will all come out when he's turfed out in the Summer. He's already as good as gone ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Claiming to be ITK should be an instant card offence in this place. The amount of bollox posted is incredible.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Swein gone with a knee ligament injury.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ??

What happened!!

Training

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ??

What happened!!

Him and Ozil seemed to get hurt during international training yesterday.

Reports on Schwi is it's a torn ligament in his knee.

https://twitter.com/AlexChaffer/status/712643358422904832

https://twitter.com/MufcDevilUpdate/status/712642608040976384

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Claiming to be ITK should be an instant card offence in this place. The amount of bollox posted is incredible.

Hardly in the ****ing know. I've a pal works for a letting agents that says a Depay's acting the total partyboy and they want him out of the gaf and whoever it is that sorts the accomadation reckons he's as good as gone from the club too.

I'm not saying i'm Ryan Giggs' best mate and have the inside scoop on what each players favourite ice cream is :rolleyes:

just on depay, did anyone read his interview today?

The national team boss [Danny Blind, father of United team-mate Daley Blind] gives me a lot of support.
    “He has confidence in me. And that makes me really grateful towards him.”
    Asked if he still feels the same support and confidence in him at United, Memphis paused before saying: “Only sometimes.
    “There are certain people within the club with whom I am talking about this,” said Memphis."

Not Guardiolas biggest fan but it looks like he called it correctly with regards to Schweinsteiger and his fitness concerns.

For the price it was probably worth the punt anyway, but it also shows that we shouldn't ignore the reasons why these top managers are letting players go. Personally I think we should have thought long and hard about why Chelsea were happy to sell Mata instead of jumping at the chance to give them £37m.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Training

Does training mean Phil Jones?!

Seriously though that's awful for him, was he not injured around the time of the last international break. It's a pity, I really like him as a player.

I wonder if this will persuade the club to make a decision over extending Carrick's contact? (although we have a rake of midfielders as it is)

I wonder if this will persuade the club to make a decision over extending Carrick's contact? (although we have a rake of midfielders as it is)

The decision should be to replace both of them, not try and wring more from a guy who will be 35 next season.

The decision should be to replace both of them, not try and wring more from a guy who will be 35 next season.

we need this guy....

Paul-Pogba-602124.jpg

Personally I think we should have thought long and hard about why Chelsea were happy to sell Mata instead of jumping at the chance to give them £37m.

Mata has been involved in 19 goals this season, either assisting or scoring them. Both Rooney and Martial have also been involved in 19 goals.

Ill sleep tonight knowing that we got Mata for the near enough the same price liverpool paid for Andy Carroll.

we need this guy....

Paul-Pogba-602124.jpg

But he doesnt' need us :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement