Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Valencia & Rojo back in training today, Rashford also training with first team.

De Gea & Smalling absent though apparently.

Januzaj also back training with first team.... things are on the up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone think Chelsea threw something into the deal when sacking Mourinho that he didn't get all his money if he took over someone before a certain time?

I think with a lot of these deals you only get paid until the end of the current year anyway. Silly to be on the line for 20 odd million if it doesn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fabio scored a nice goal for Cardiff

#shouldneverofsoldhim #worldclass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It looks pretty clear that Mourinho will be in charge in the summer but if things go completely south, he will come in sooner.

In football terms we are already at the south pole tickling some penguins, how much more south do we need to be?

In football terms we are already at the south pole tickling some penguins, how much more south do we need to be?

impossible to go any further south if you are at the south pole, your next step is North :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manchester-united-players-take-part-in-a-team-training-session-at-picture-id511972538

Marcus Rashford called into the squad for Thursday night.Rojo and Valencia also training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Maybe, but more importantly, Lucas when you back on TV?
    April 1st.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

zerks wrote: »
    manchester-united-players-take-part-in-a-team-training-session-at-picture-id511972538

Marcus Rashford called into the squad for Thursday night.Rojo and Valencia also training.

They can even manage to fit all of our injury-free players in one shot now :(:( :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No Smalling at training today. just IMAGINE if he is injured!

Hopefully it is just a precaution prior to the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No Smalling at training today. just IMAGINE if he is injured!

Hopefully it is just a precaution prior to the Arsenal game.

I actually thought he was struggling with a knock for the last 10 mins of the Cup game.. I remember him hobbling anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Who's the keeper dude...
    And the guy with 41 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    I actually thought he was struggling with a knock for the last 10 mins of the Cup game.. I remember him hobbling anyways

Think he took a smack of the hoarding board didn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

brinty wrote: »
    Who's the keeper dude...
    And the guy with 41 ???

Keeper is Joel Pereira and 41 is Regan Poole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Keeper is Joel Pereira and I think 41 is Poole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TheDoc wrote: »
    Think he took a smack of the hoarding board didn't he?

Yeah he seemed out of sorts after that.. maybe he has slight concussion symptoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Chelsea have only lost 2 more than us and drawn only 1 more
    Still in the FA Cup and Champions league

Interesting when you word it like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Slightly off topic but it looks like Mata's head is attached to Rojo's back :D

Pic also gives everyone a chance to bask in the glory of Daley's perfect hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

https://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/702518857190260736

It's a bold strategy cotton, lets see how it pays off

Ryan McConnell ex Man Utd youth that moved to finn harps last year....

"In my last year there under Van Gaal, it was all very separate and you didn't get to see the senior players, it didn't feel like a family club anymore. When Fergie was there it was great, everyone was in together, everyone spoke to everyone and no one was bigger than anyone else.
    The senior players would have spoken to you in the gym, ask how you were getting on, but towards the end, I felt they were being propelled to being like gods at the club. To me, you're the same person if you're in the Man United first team or not."

doesn't make good reading, shows on the pitch as well

bangkok wrote: »

"In my last year there under Van Gaal, it was all very separate and you didn't get to see the senior players, it didn't feel like a family club anymore. When Fergie was there it was great, everyone was in together, everyone spoke to everyone and no one was bigger than anyone else.
    The senior players would have spoken to you in the gym, ask how you were getting on, but towards the end, I felt they were being propelled to being like gods at the club. To me, you're the same person if you're in the Man United first team or not."

I thought this was ment to be the opposite under lvg didn't he bring in the eating together and round tables stuff so everyone at club were together??

• Advertisement

There is an interim manager free at the minute, don't think he lives too far from Manchester neither.........

I think he is otherwise ENGAGED

2vmxcn8.jpg

Scroll up the page there and you'll see half the lads training with the first team are youth players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought this was ment to be the opposite under lvg didn't he bring in the eating together and round tables stuff so everyone at club were together??

and moyes banned them from having chips....

There in for some land when Jose drop his little black book on each of their lockers pre season...

Bit of discipline won't do them any harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Scroll up the page there and you'll see half the lads training with the first team are youth players.

By necessity. Doesn't mean they're all sitting around eating lunch together.

don't know but all the players ate at the same time under fergie. I remember the incident with Robbie Brady and Ronaldo and fergie told Brady to "man up" after Ronaldo skipped the queue ahead of him

don't know but all the players ate at the same time under fergie. I remember the incident with Robbie Brady and Ronaldo and fergie told Brady to "man up" after Ronaldo skipped the queue ahead of him

Maybe that's what's wrong with youth players they expect too much respect too soon. Back 20 years ago they had to clean the senior players boots and its not so long ago that the youths trained at a separate centre let alone eat with the first team.

Maybe that's what's wrong with youth players they expect too much respect too soon. Back 20 years ago they had to clean the senior players boots and its not so long ago that the youths trained at a separate centre let alone eat with the first team.

all the youth these days are soft compared to years ago.

When we played football on the streets, (im a street footballer :)) it was great and you grew up with a different mentality, children now a days play Fifa on the playstation and get brought everywhere in the car

When we played football on the streets, (im a street footballer :)) it was great and you grew up with a different mentality, children now a days play Fifa on the playstation and get brought everywhere in the car

Back in my day we use to kick around the small kids school bag It was hard too infairness. I use to hate it on days we had history and maths together them books were always hardest and sore on the toes.

So our back four tomorrow's with night will be varella darmian blind and cbj...... Centerbacks are over rated anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Back in my day we use to kick around the small kids school bag It was hard too infairness. I use to hate it on days we had history and maths together them books were always hardest and sore on the toes.

Emply bottles, squashed cans and on a very good day an old tennis ball.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Emply bottles, squashed cans and on a very good day an old tennis ball.

Loved the squashed can the noise of that little feker sliding across the concrete was the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Back in my day we use to kick around the small kids school bag

In my day we kicked around the small kids.

All about balls of tinfoil.

All about balls of tinfoil.

Oooh look at the posh kid with his "tin foil". ;)

Jayop wrote: »
    Oooh look at the posh kid with his "tin foil". ;)

We don't mess around in Waterford lemme tell ya

Playing "nuts" with bottlecaps was the order of the day with us. The bating you'd get when it went through your legs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Empty juice cartons is what we used. I have one fond memory of us kicking a full one though. We were destroyed by Ribera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I must have been posh, our estate had a green :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ours had a football pitch!

Though there was no crossbars, just two metal posts. And sides had grass that was 5 feet tall, so if your ball went out of play, it was gone.

But there was a horse in the field next door who'd wander over to spectate.

I take it all back whatsisname!!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Empty juice cartons is what we used. I have one fond memory of us kicking a full one though. We were destroyed by Ribera!

Nope sorry Mars Bar covered in ribena just doesn't cut it for me.

yea we had a green as well, goalposts and all, all changed though when they start building houses so we moved to the road.

1-2 with the kerb.... great times

Mars Bar wrote: »

This reminds me of when we used to get 2 empty bottles/cartons and make a big circle around them, as if a fight was happening. Did it in the school foyer one lunch time and must have had atleast 300/400 of us screaming encouragement at two bottles to kick the head off eachother, teachers running up and down the hall trying to stop the chaos.

School was fun.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ours had a football pitch!

Though there was no crossbars, just two metal posts. And sides had grass that was 5 feet tall, so if your ball went out of play, it was gone.

But there was a horse in the field next door who'd wander over to spectate.

Little TSC running around using crossbar to poll vault over wall and land on the horses back in proper western style.

• Advertisement

Fabio scored a nice goal for Cardiff

#shouldneverofsoldhim #worldclass

Is it wrong that I actually think he shouldn't have been sold when he was? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/702518857190260736

It's a bold strategy cotton, lets see how it pays off

He wants them all horny?

Good things Phil Jones is not playing, he would injure himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I was watching the u21s today, there seemed to be an awful lot of players missing.

I had it on it the background and i cant remember hearing Willock or Fosu Mensah so i reckon they might be in the squad for tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I have no problem with the type of segregation that Finn Harps player talks about, there should be a prestige about the first team. The problem is the younger team probably see the first team players as prima-donnas who they could beat on their day and they are probably right too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Liam O wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I actually think he shouldn't have been sold when he was? :P

It was a silly move by Moyes at the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement