Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

No one is making you post here.

No one is making anyone come here and read about welbeck, rooney or fellaini either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

This place is ridiculous. If you don't like talking...you know...about players related to Utd then why are you here?

How many comments has there been about not talking about Fellaini, Welbeck, Rooney???

It's the ridiculous ****e that goes round in circles. Just met LVG and Mata today so hopefully we get the result tomorrow :)

Our chances of making top 4 are still tiny. Beating Arsenal and City does not make us a good team. Arsenal perennial bottlers and City with an attrocious record.

Struggled to beat Watford, lost to West Brom. City meanwhile can hammer villa and hammer bournemouth. Every game is a struggle for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Just met LVG and Mata today so hopefully we get the result tomorrow :)

Why, have you got them locked up in your basement now? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Korat wrote: »

Haha love it.

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »

Just over for the game and they were getting the coach at OT to their hotel. LVG even got in a selfie and said "cheeeeeese". Only Darmian, Rojo, Mata and LVG stayed, the rest went straight onto the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Did Mata come across as sound as he seems to be?

Did Mata come across as sound as he seems to be?

He did. Got a selfie with the gf as she loves him and signed an autograph.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jose was at Fulham v MK Dons so United will soon be again linked with Dembele from Fulham.

With the links to Dembele that plays with Rennais I also expect somewhere to come up with "Double Dembele" swoop report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Our chances of making top 4 are still tiny. Beating Arsenal and City does not make us a good team. Arsenal perennial bottlers and City with an attrocious record.

Struggled to beat Watford, lost to West Brom. City meanwhile can hammer villa and hammer bournemouth. Every game is a struggle for us.

During the City game, they showed our record and City's vs poorer teams (can't remember if it was outside top 4/6, or bottom half teams, or something else... hopefully someone remember the details :o). We had 24 points in I believe one less game than City, who had 42. That is a shocking lack of consistency and inability to break down defensive sides happy for a draw. It's not as if comparing us with this season's City is setting a high bar at all either, even after their win today they are only on pace for 66 points, and the last time a team finished top four with 66 points or less was Everton in 2004/05.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Billy86 wrote: »
    That is a shocking lack of consistency
    :eek:

How so? I don't think anyone on here is shocked by it, disappointed maybe but shocked? With LVG in charge and this squad??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jose was at Fulham v MK Dons so United will soon be again linked with Dembele from Fulham.

With the links to Dembele that plays with Rennais I also expect somewhere to come up with "Double Dembele" swoop report.

May as well grab Dembele from Spurs too while we are at it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

DM_7 wrote: »

united have been scouting dembele for a while now, can only assume Jose was told to go down and take a look at him personally as we will be going for him in the summer

brilliant winner by Ronnie in the clasico

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    brilliant winner by Ronnie in the clasico

He worked hard at both ends of the pitch and got his reward, delighted with RM winning, would have Ronaldo back in a heartbeat.

RobertKK wrote: »
    He worked hard at both ends of the pitch and got his reward, delighted with RM winning, would have Ronaldo back in a heartbeat.

Can't believe there is talk of them selling him. Would love him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

KDB is a fantastic player we really should have been in for him

What was Jose doing at the Fulham game :pac:

Scouting dembele I would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ibra got a couple today too, the free kick was stunning, luckily no one got in the way cause to quote SAF "He could have killed the lad"

https://streamable.com/d2lg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Nearest half decent standard of football to where he's living I would say. Jose sausage (said he) wouldn't go to Prem League matches but has been to Craven Cottage a number of times and long before the United rumours got louder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Nearest half decent standard of football to where he's living I would say. Jose sausage wouldn't go to Prem League matches but has been to Craven Cottage a number of times and long before the United rumours got louder.

Sausage what??

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sausage what??

Sry, 'said he'

Sausage was either a typo or wishful thinking as I eat wholegrain effin toast for breakfast :)

Just watched the Sunday Supp. They said LVG has had a big input into organising the preseason tour to China and some journalists who were convinced about Jose to United are not so sure now.

Any match thread?

Just watched the Sunday Supp. They said LVG has had a big input into organising the preseason tour to China and some journalists who were convinced about Jose to United are not so sure now.

It seems based entirely off LVG giving out about it yesterday, and just speculating about it from there. Not going to let it worry me at all, especially when they are trying to say he's had a big input into something he publically criticized yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I just had a look at our remaining fixtures and City's remaining fixtures and I would be very surprised if we overtook them tbh.

Knowing us and our inconsistency especially with mid/lower level clubs we have a much higher chance of falling down below West Ham and Southampton than climbing above City.

It was mid April iirc when Moyes got the boot and I sense something similar could happen with LVG. Drop a couple of points and all of a sudden we are sitting 7th/8th.

The table is tight af :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It seems based entirely off LVG giving out about it yesterday, and just speculating about it from there. Not going to let it worry me at all, especially when they are trying to say he's had a big input into something he publically criticized yesterday...

Hope your right! Something has to leak at some stage if Jose is coming to United by July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

What would people think of Ronald Koeman for the next manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Danye wrote: »
    What would people think of Ronald Koeman for the next manager?

Not a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I think, for better or worse, Mourinho is nailed on for the job.

If you haven't got MUTV amd you do have BT sports, you can watch the United U21s play the Chelsea U21s tomorrow evening. They saud yesterday on BT sports that there is talk Rooney will be playing in that game.

Di Marzio is the most reliable journo around and he is very sure it is happening.

Don't worry lads, Mou is coming. There's no movement on Mou sorting a job for the summer and there's no one else linked to us which LVG would have to go anyways if we didn't get 4th. It makes too much sense.

Ed MAY possibly still have the Barca style engrained in his head and if we had a full squad and started winning every game 2/3 nil and win the cup and get top 4 he may be torn. But that's not gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had been looking forward to this game today - why? I've no idea...

Hopefully the team puts in a performance. Not a terrible line up (as far as United go) but Herrera again on the bench - should play ahead of Lingard, especially if Lingard is going to be played centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

South Stand will be renamed to Sir Bobby Charlton stand. Good to see his career being celebrated before it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Unbelievable from Leicester.

I hate when sports events clash, the United game and the F1 race both start at 4pm.

No match thread yet. Sign of the times although I'm happy there isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

adox wrote: »
    No match thread yet. Sign of the times although I'm happy there isn't one.

I'm sure one will magically appear if we're losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

adox wrote: »
    Unbelievable from Leicester.

Delighted for them, hope they go on and win it now. They deserve it completely.

They also did us a small favour by taking points off Southampton. Best to open up a gap between us and teams below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I hate when sports events clash, the United game and the F1 race both start at 4pm.

Sure you know how it is going to go. 2 hours of boredom with no creative passes and a disappointing result.

Too may idiots in positions of power, penned in by self interest, with only an interest in their own people and money.

Apply to either.

Same man - United game and T20 final. I'll be flicking up and down from SS1 and SS2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sure you know how it is going to go. 2 hours of boredom with no creative passes and a disappointing result.

Too may idiots in positions of power, penned in by self interest, with only an interest in their own people and money.

Apply to either.

Brilliant post!

what an atmosphere!!!!

• Match thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

The sky commentators talking over the announcement was so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Kiddo with a red flag!

CfIFCOnWIAAu61J.jpg

Mrs Bobby Charlton looks the image of the mother of one of my friends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement