Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair play to Bobby Charlton. Jose better hurry up or there'll be no stands left for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Fergie waving his little red flag was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

i think that deulofeu would solve a lot of rw problems with martial up top mata in the middle and Memphis on the left

Potential to be a terrifying front 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

who was that person beside Rooney?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Toobz wrote: »
    i think that deulofeu would solve a lot of rw problems with martial up top mata in the middle and Memphis on the left

Potential to be a terrifying front 4!

Mata and Memphis not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Our football is so slow and cautious its fcuking unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

who was that person beside Rooney?

James Bay?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

No surprises there with that first half. Cleverly looks just as good a player/just as poor a player as Morgan

No surprises there with that first half. Cleverly looks just as good a player/just as poor a player as Morgan

Morgan is restrained to just be a defensive player.

If we wanted a defensive midfielder we should have just got Wanyama.

Schneiderlin was pulling the strings for s'ton last year. Now he's a "give it to someone 5 yards away" player.

• Advertisement

United make me want to give up drink because watching them with a hangover is just so hard on the flipside watching them makes me want to start drinking again its a vicious circle.

• Lingard... Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another snooze fest.

This team/club don't deserve fourth position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/716650545503571968
    "Would love to see a shot at goal here in this game! @manutd vs Everton"

Rio sums up my feelings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish I could shoot Carrick and put him out of everyones misery

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Morgan is restrained to just be a defensive player.

If we wanted a defensive midfielder we should have just got Wanyama.

Schneiderlin was pulling the strings for s'ton last year. Now he's a "give it to someone 5 yards away" player.
    He can still play the defensive position and move the ball forward with pace

• Advertisement

I thought pro f said Schneiderlin couldn't pass? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol at Bobby's wife's reaction

1000 up, Martial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lingard might not be the most productive, but you can't question his workrate.

He's been muck apart from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No wonder lukaku wants out. He's expected to do it all on his own up front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Them eyes from martial he looks like a serial killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Blind's hammy is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Blind's hammy is gone

Hey was defending very well today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Strange question lads but I'm watching the match via IE browser on win 10 and sky go.

The browser is the only app\window open. It's about 30 seconds behind and before the goal went in a shout came from my laptop "gooooooooaaaaal"!

Is this some weird thing on the sky go site? I've no other windows open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

He's been pretty muck today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Snorefest, but goal is a goal.

Everton's gameplan today was shocking. Just hoofball all game to Lukaku, who was utterly isolated.

**** it though, 3 points is 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Martial limping :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thought bare a few scares, we defended very well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pure muck. Everton are terrible and only for the crossbar and another poor finish from Jagielka we'd have been in trouble.

• Advertisement

Mata played well in the second half I thought. Herrera did well when he came on too. Carrick and Schneiderlin were awful.

That centre of midfield is nearly as much a worry as it was in Fergies last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Got a quote?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Thought bare a few scares, we defended very well today.

I wouldn't agree. Couldn't defend corners. Everton barely had an attack but when they did put anything together that wasn't a long ball up to Lukakau on his own, Utd looked very ropey.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Got a quote?

Give me some time. Might not have direct quotes saying he can't pass but you implied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Give me some time. Might not have direct quotes saying he can't pass but you implied it.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Blind was excellent today. I hope the injury is nothing too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Delighted it was martial with the 1000th goal. Massive 3 points

Beat Spurs and win our game in hand and we're 3 points behind them. 5 games is plenty enough time for them to bottle it.

please don't

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Blind was excellent today. I hope the injury is nothing too serious.
    Nitpicking a bit here, I thought he was very good but excellent is pushing it. He gave it away a few times and his positional choices were a bit odd at times. I like how we refused to get into tussles with Lukaku though and gave it his all.

An 8/10 more than a 10/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Weekend after next sees City away to Chelsea after we've played Villa at home. It's essential that we beat Spurs next weekend to put us in a position to overtake City the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Jayop wrote: »
    Pure muck. Everton are terrible and only for the crossbar and another poor finish from Jagielka we'd have been in trouble.

That's been the problem most of the season - the team are so poor creating and scoring goals that every opponent only needs a one bit of luck to get something out of the game. That has to give every team playing United a lot of confidence.

The last time United scored more than a single goal in a game was the Arsenal game in February. The last 7 games in all competitions United have scored only 5 goals, and never more than 1 in a single game. Since Nov 25th United have played 28 games in all competitions. They have scored more than a single goal in just 8 of those games: Wolfsburg (2-3), Swansea (2-1), Newcastle (3-3), Derby (3-1), Stoke (3-0), Shrewsbury (3-0), FC Midtjylland (5-1) and Arsenal (3-2). In 7 of them they failed to score at all. United have practically no organised goal threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seems the more Carrick plays the easier a decision he is giving the club not renewing his contract. Absolute dog**** again.

Need to go balls to the wall for Kroos this summer if the stuff about him being sold is true.

Schneiderlan is being hamstrung in this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

adox wrote:
    I wouldn't agree. Couldn't defend corners. Everton barely had an attack but when they did put anything together that wasn't a long ball up to Lukakau on his own, Utd looked very ropey.

Each to their own. I thought we did ok. Just delighted with the result, was always going to be a difficult game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

At this stage I don't really give a shíte about the performances. I'm looking at it from the perspective that he's gone at the end of the season and those performances are going with him.
    Getting as many points on the board as possible is the aim of the game now. The chance to take 4th is still there.

IIRC there were people on here predicting 2-4 points from this run of games including City, Everton and Spurs.
    Can we not be happy with the points anymore? Everybody knows we are boring to watch, whinging about it every week isn't going to change anything. He's not going anywhere yet. Only a few more weeks to go.
    Join me on the acceptance side lads, enjoy the points, otherwise there's not much point in watching the games.

Mmmmm... 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

At this stage I don't really give a shíte about the performances. I'm looking at it from the perspective that he's gone at the end of the season and those performances are going with him.
    Getting as many points on the board as possible is the aim of the game now. The chance to take 4th is still there.

IIRC there were people on here predicting 2-4 points from this run of games including City, Everton and Spurs.
    Can we not be happy with the points anymore? Everybody knows we are boring to watch, whinging about it every week isn't going to change anything. He's not going anywhere yet. Only a few more weeks to go.
    Join me on the acceptance side lads, enjoy the points, otherwise there's not much point in watching the games.

Mmmmm... 3 points.

Have been doing this for awhile now. Only worried about the points and fourth and get to the end of the Season ASAP

Antibac wrote: »
    Have been doing this for awhile now. Only worried about the points and fourth and get to the end of the Season ASAP

It's the only way to go. Good performances are just a bonus :pac:

Saying this as a fan, not a mod.

To be blunt, if we aren't allowed analyse games, then we may as well close the thread.

Post-match discussion and analysis is a massive part of what these threads are. And when people perceive the team to have played poorly, then thats going to be a topic of discussion. And when it occurs over a longer period, then its going to be a sustained discussion.

By all means, be happy with the points. Don't think anyone is giving out about that :P We've certainly exceeded expectations over the last few games. But at the same time, if people want to come online and "whinge" about what they see as poor performances, then that is their right too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Saying this as a fan, not a mod.

To be blunt, if we aren't allowed analyse games, then we may as well close the thread.

Post-match discussion and analysis is a massive part of what these threads are. And when people perceive the team to have played poorly, then thats going to be a topic of discussion. And when it occurs over a longer period, then its going to be a sustained discussion.

By all means, be happy with the points. Don't think anyone is giving out about that :P We've certainly exceeded expectations over the last few games. But at the same time, if people want to come online and "whinge" about what they see as poor performances, then that is their right too.

Yeah that's fair enough. I just don't see what it achieves. The same people saying the same things after the same performances. Each to their own, I just won't ever understand it.

Yeah that's fair enough. I just don't see what it achieves. The same people saying the same things after the same performances. Each to their own, I just won't ever understand it.

Personally, it's ventin. When you dedicate 2 hours to watch something, and it frustrates so much, it helps to have a place to vent a bit. It achieves a chance to release some of the pressure. :/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement