Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully we a good translation of that soon

Talksport did the translation:
    United have agreed to pay £40m for the teenager and a deal is expected to be confirmed before the end of the season, with Sanches set to join up with his new Old Trafford team-mates after Euro 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully with Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »
    Talksport did the translation:

Don't know much about him, where would he play? And who would be replace in the team...anyone seen much of him?

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully with Jose

Di Marzio reiterating the Jose to United is a done deal this evening and he is already working on transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Long time lurker first time poster
    I really don't get the love for Mata....would Mata make any of the other top 4 sides ??
    Unfortunately he along with 7/8 others is Utds level at the moment
    1 world class player in de gea
    Martial is going to be something else but are we going to get him ready for a top team like bayern real or Barca when he becomes world class.
    I am really disillusioned with the premiership. This current team reminds Me Of utd in the early 80s as in beat the top teams and lose against the poor sides.
    Who is the answer ??
    It def isn't Van Gaal whose arrogance and excuses for 18 months sickened ME.
    Is Mourinho the man ?? I hope he doesn't get it.
    Any managers out there similar to Pottechino ?? As I feel he won't come to us.
    Would love to see us getting a top 4 but we aren't a top 4 side as we struggle against poor sides and don't have a goal scorer. We might fall over the line in the cup.
    But all in all I have become bored of watching Utd and I don't say that lightly.
    i really like the Spurs brand of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I really don't get the love for Mata...

wchilv.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Very disappointed Chelsea have got Conte, my number 1 target is now officially gone.

Great move from them imo

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Next years PL will be mental if Mourinho is coming, all the best coaches in Europe in a single league trying to outwit each other.

Next years PL will be mental if Mourinho is coming, all the best coaches in Europe in a single league trying to outwit each other.

Be interesting but we are still missing anchelloti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Be interesting but we are still missing anchelloti

And Simeone.

I still think United would be nuts to go for Jose given the rebuilding job that needs to be done, and the long term perspective required from the next boss. There are better options out there - currently employed options, but you're manchester united, you can buy 'em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Simeone is one I hope we at least went strong for. Sure he's over the top at times but so could a younger Ferguson be, and it would give us something we've been badly missing for longer than the post Ferguson era - a passion and aggression in the team. Even those last two seasons or so, it felt more like we were going through the motions than anything (albeit being very successful in doing so). Added to that Simeone of course would tick nearly all the obvious boxes, it'll be interesting to see how his managerial career pans out; despite his decade in management he is still only a year older than Pochettino and a few months younger than Pep.

• Very disappointed Chelsea have got Conte, my number 1 target is now officially gone.

Great move from them imo

He was my 2nd

Simeone first (I thought Chelsea would look to get him instead of Conte)

But yes agree that it's a great scoop for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

Hi lads,

Liverpool fan here looking for a bit of help.

My dad is a huge United fan and would love to get a copy of the United match programme from last Sundays game as there was a big tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton in it. Bobby is one of his idols and he's met him on a number of occassions.

I've had a quick look on the United website and can't see any match programmes available to buy. Does anyone know if theres a way of picking these up online?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/716968029368754176

This Lad works for DiMarzio, he also does work for Skysports and the Guardian..

deeks wrote: »
    Hi lads,

My dad is a huge United fan and would love to get a copy of the United match programme from last Sundays game as there was a big tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton in it. Bobby is one of his idols and he's met him on a number of occassions.

I've had a quick look on the United website and can't see any match programmes available to buy. Does anyone know if theres a way of picking these up online?

Thanks.

They would only be sold in the megastore and the programme booths mainly.. you could contact the Megastore on shop@store.manutd.com and see if they can be any help

Otherwise, someone that was over there that picked up one and is finished with it might pass it on to ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

astradave wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/716968029368754176

This Lad works for DiMarzio, he also does work for Skysports and the Guardian..

Jose's coming? Working on transfers?

dodgers-sign-all-the-players.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Absolute horse **** regarding his battling. Go read his book. God your opinions.......

lol

whats that going to say, that Zlatan works hard? Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Telegraaf in the Netherlands are saying LVG will be more ruthless in his 3rd year in charge and has been told he can spend up to €100 million on an attacker.

Maybe LVG becomes director of football and Jose the manager???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He was my 2nd

Simeone first (I thought Chelsea would look to get him instead of Conte)

But yes agree that it's a great scoop for Chelsea

If Chelsea have gone for Conte, I reckon its cause Simeone has told them to **** off. I get the feelings he's fully immersed in the Atletico project now, and wants to be there long term. Don't see him moving anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cant wait for next season.

Sunday was not special again. I'll be shocked if we get Top 4.

• Advertisement

They would only be sold in the megastore and the programme booths mainly.. you could contact the Megastore on shop@store.manutd.com and see if they can be any help

Otherwise, someone that was over there that picked up one and is finished with it might pass it on to ya.

Let me know if you have no luck. I was at the game and got one for my Dad too but could give you mine if you have no luck finding one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sorry if posted, on the mobile with limited time!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-van-gaal-11138203

Paper has been pretty accurate during his reign so far

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Leaked images of the new training top.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-12.23.26-PM.png

Sorry if posted, on the mobile with limited time!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-van-gaal-11138203

Paper has been pretty accurate during his reign so far

Worrying with credible sources posting conflicting info on Jose vs LVG.

Let me know if you have no luck. I was at the game and got one for my Dad too but could give you mine if you have no luck finding one.

I've sent an e-mail there so will let you know when I hear back. Thanks for the gesture - much appreciated.

I've sent an e-mail there so will let you know when I hear back. Thanks for the gesture - much appreciated.

Cool, no probs. Got loads of other overpriced merch to keep me going. I'd recommend Bishops Blaize pub to anyone going over. It's nuts but 99% lads so the gfs may not appreciate it as much!

Cool, no probs. Got loads of other overpriced merch to keep me going. I'd recommend Bishops Blaize pub to anyone going over. It's nuts but 99% lads so the gfs may not appreciate it as much!

It was too jammers so I went to Sam Platts down on Alex Ferguson way,another place for the craic.A few of the lads were never in it before and were wide-eyed.Pity the match didn't equal the term in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Don't get the Conte love, meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RobertKK wrote: »
    De Telegraaf in the Netherlands are saying LVG will be more ruthless in his 3rd year in charge and has been told he can spend up to €100 million on an attacker.

Maybe LVG becomes director of football and Jose the manager???

I've been quietly touting that idea for a bit, and get absolutely slaughtered by friends and others.

I just think in England, they can be too quick to dump experience, and write off someone as a total failure.

Van Gaal has outstanding experience, and all his signings have been spot on for me. That he hasn't been able to get the best of them, or the team, is maybe just a sign of his man management methods becoming a bit out dated.

But he can clearly identify a player, and his work with youth is a credit. There would be a lot worse people to have as a Director then Van Gaal. There seems to be genuine credit from former clubs also for his structural work, and being able to pull everyone in the one direction.

Granted his vision isnt working out for us, he can use those same methods for a manager.

Although I'm sure like always he will be labelled a failure, dumped off to wherever and totally forgotten about.

Last year of his contract, not sure why we don't keep him around and make him our first Director of Football and let him lay the groundwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi lads,

Thanks.

Ask the lads in the soccer travel Man United thread

zerks wrote: »

I dont think lvg is going anywhere in a hurry. He is way too positive I think we're stuck with him for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Id say theres more chance of Fergie coming out of retirement than Van Gaal being in charge next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    Although I'm sure like always he will be labelled a failure, dumped off to wherever and totally forgotten about.

Last year of his contract, not sure why we don't keep him around and make him our first Director of Football and let him lay the groundwork.

He has been a failure, stop trying for the romantic angle. It doesn't matter what his history is, he has been an utter failure for us and we should act accordingly. Besides, in two years he has utterly failed to implement a cohesive style of play on our first team, so why on earth would we give him the job of implementing a strategic vision on the club as a whole?

He has been toxic for this club and its by far the best option to get rid completely, we owe him nothing and do not need him hanging around in the background.

adox wrote: »
    Id say theres more chance of Fergie coming out of retirement than Van Gall being in charge next season.

I sooooo want you to be right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Don't get the Conte love, meh

Typical Anglophile sentiment.

He had an outstanding playing career, got two different teams promoted to Serie A as their manager, brought Juve their first title in 6 years (9 years if you don't count the titles that were taken from them), went a whole season unbeaten with them and won three serie A titles in a row with them.

He is objectively an outstanding manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont think lvg is going anywhere in a hurry. He is way too positive I think we're stuck with him for another year.

My main hope is that, from a professionalism level, he should be acting like he's there for the duration of his contract; that, until the moment he's told he's to clear off his desk, he should be acting and planning ahead as if everything is moving ahead as planned.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been quietly touting that idea for a bit, and get absolutely slaughtered by friends and others.

I just think in England, they can be too quick to dump experience, and write off someone as a total failure.

Van Gaal has outstanding experience, and all his signings have been spot on for me. That he hasn't been able to get the best of them, or the team, is maybe just a sign of his man management methods becoming a bit out dated.

But he can clearly identify a player, and his work with youth is a credit. There would be a lot worse people to have as a Director then Van Gaal. There seems to be genuine credit from former clubs also for his structural work, and being able to pull everyone in the one direction.

Granted his vision isnt working out for us, he can use those same methods for a manager.

No thank you. For one, LVG is too big of an ego to do this with anyone who isn't going to bend over for him.

Secondly I don't want a director of football. I don't want players signed that the manager doesn't want. Then you have the issue that a DOF is for continuity, where as we don't know what kind of style we'll be playing in 3 years. Let's find something that works first and then try and keep it going with a DOF maybe.

Lastly LVG has failed to attract any great players. Klopp is on the verge of attracting Gotze after just a few months...and bringing him to Liverpool of all places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Typical Anglophile sentiment.

WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

No thank you. For one, LVG is too big of an ego to do this with anyone who isn't going to bend over for him.

Secondly I don't want a director of football. I don't want players signed that the manager doesn't want. Then you have the issue that a DOF is for continuity, where as we don't know what kind of style we'll be playing in 3 years. Let's find something that works first and then try and keep it going with a DOF maybe.

Lastly LVG has failed to attract any great players. Klopp is on the verge of attracting Gotze after just a few months...and bringing him to Liverpool of all places.

falcao, di Maria, Germany Captain and yet you call Gotze a great player?!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My main hope is that, from a professionalism level, he should be acting like he's there for the duration of his contract; that, until the moment he's told he's to clear off his desk, he should be acting and planning ahead as if everything is moving ahead as planned.

That would be my hope top but looking at everything there has been not one indication from the club that LVG is out or even been close to been out.

He is watching youth games with giggs, he seemingly has been planning pre season, he has been as confident as you like in press conferences, the only thing that could be seen as an indication is that the club haven't come out and backed him or denied mourinho.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-martial-mourinho-11140125?

These quotes have to be fake.. No way he would name check Mourinho like that would he?
    MARTIAL wrote:
    As long as the current coach is there, I don't think about it. If Mourinho must arrive, he will arrive. For the moment the coach is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

For me these conflicting reports from 'reliable sources' prove only that the entire media make it up as they go along.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-martial-mourinho-11140125?

These quotes have to be fake.. No way he would name check Mourinho like that would he?

He was asked does the mourinho rumours distract the team and he responded, Men and especially and few others reporting it same way.

They got that from France Football,all he did was respond to the talk and never gave anything away.

"Mourinho? As long as the current coach is there, I don't think about it," the 20-year-old told France Football.

"If Mourinho must arrive, he will arrive. But for the moment the coach is still there.

"Every coach has their good and bad sides. Van Gaal has given me a lot of confidence and I try hard to pay it back to him every day."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/martial-refuses-entertain-mourinho-talk#2aQpwkXCLGUaF7xy.99

Bog standard,by the numbers footballers reply imo.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help. Megastore put me in touch with MU Programmes and Magazines department and I got sorted.

Got sorted from the MU Programmes and Magazines department but thanks again for the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Jayop wrote: »
    For me these conflicting reports from 'reliable sources' prove only that the entire media make it up as they go along.

Maybe or you could say DiMarzio's source is Mourinho's camp and De Telegraaf's source is LVG's camp. Both sides would naturally be bullish about their respective situation.

The most likely scenario is the one reported that Utd have an agreement with Jose with the option to renege with compensation.

Until the day Utd decide to get rid of LVG he will be told its business as usual.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

bangkok wrote: »
    falcao, di Maria, Germany Captain and yet you call Gotze a great player?!

Money, money & ageing injury prone midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

TheTownie wrote: »
    Maybe or you could say DiMarzio's source is Mourinho's camp and De Telegraaf's source is LVG's camp. Both sides would naturally be bullish about their respective situation.

The most likely scenario is the one reported that Utd have an agreement with Jose with the option to renege with compensation.

Until the day Utd decide to get rid of LVG he will be told its business as usual.

Either way neither report can be considered reliable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement