Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Money, money & ageing injury prone midfielder.

and they are going to pay Gotze with Aldi vouchers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guess who used to write for De Telegraaf? The one and only LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

zerks wrote: »
    Guess who used to write for De Telegraaf? The one and only LVG.

They have been right on a lot since he has taken over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

WTF.

I'm talking about it in the context of football.

If a British manager had gotten both Ipswich and Cardiff promoted to the premiership and then won three leagues in a row with Chelsea, nobody in here would be saying "meh" if United were linked with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Dont know why he would stay, not like his is getting a chance.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/506000/update-Contact-made-over-deal-Brazilian-ace-Man-United-transfer-news

*Basically Malage made contact to sign Pereira and he is their top target that they want to build their team around.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Dont know why he would stay, not like his is getting a chance.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/506000/update-Contact-made-over-deal-Brazilian-ace-Man-United-transfer-news

*Basically Malage made contact to sign Pereira and he is their top target that they want to build their team around.

Adnan & Pereira have been treated horrifically.

I won't forget in a hurry how Adnan scored the winner at Villa park and was one of our better players that night, LVG refusing to give any credit and shipping him out on loan a couple days later.

So much for giving youth players a chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Adnan & Pereira have been treated horrifically.

I won't forget in a hurry how Adnan scored the winner at Villa park and was one of our better players that night, LVG refusing to give any credit and shipping him out on loan a couple days later.

So much for giving youth players a chance!!

Adnan has shown very little to suggest he deserves to be anywhere near the first team since his time under Moyes. He was shipped out to Dortmund where, he COULD have taken a chance at showing his worth but from reports in Germany he wasn't focused and came back out of shape.

Pereira deserves a shot and showed promise any time he was called upon.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Adnan has shown very little to suggest he deserves to be anywhere near the first team since his time under Moyes. He was shipped out to Dortmund where, he COULD have taken a chance at showing his worth but from reports in Germany he wasn't focused and came back out of shape.

Pereira deserves a shot and showed promise any time he was called upon.

It was a pointless decision to send him to Dortmund.

1. They are a better team.
    2. They had better players in the wings and central attack than us.

Like why would Dortmund loan? To develop him and give him back to us? Top european clubs don't do that.

It's the same thing that happened with Hernandez.

He should have been sent to a PL club like Newcastle where he would play every week guaranteed but would still have pressure to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I'm talking about it in the context of football.

If a British manager had gotten both Ipswich and Cardiff promoted to the premiership and then won three leagues in a row with Chelsea, nobody in here would be saying "meh" if United were linked with him.

Why would lots of Irish posters be Anglophiles though? doesn't make sense. You do know what Anglophile means, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Why would lots of Irish posters be Anglophiles though? doesn't make sense. You do know what Anglophile means, yeah?

I'm pretty sure the majority of Irish people would be the opposite :pac: what a weird comment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We are going to get lumbered with LVG for another year.

City will screw up and we will trip over the line to fourth.

We are going to get lumbered with LVG for another year.

City will screw up and we will trip over the line to fourth.

Nope not happening, even if we get 4th. I refuse to believe it. I have it in my mind that Jose is our manager but LVG is our Interim till the summer.. not believing anything else.

It was a pointless decision to send him to Dortmund.

1. They are a better team.
    2. They had better players in the wings and central attack than us.

Like why would Dortmund loan? To develop him and give him back to us? Top european clubs don't do that.

It's the same thing that happened with Hernandez.

He should have been sent to a PL club like Newcastle where he would play every week guaranteed but would still have pressure to perform.

Believe it or not, these are things that LVG was aware of and apparently warned Januzaj against...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10073115/adnan-januzaj-rejected-chance-to-stay-at-manchester-united-says-louis-van-gaal

At a club like Borussia Dortmund, all the players are also of a certain level...

I said in advance that's a big risk, because you have to compete with other players of a higher level and that's not so easy.

It's the same as at Manchester United. He has to compete with higher-level players. I want him to play all the matches, and that's why I wanted to play him in the Premier League, but he chose Borussia Dortmund.
    I point this out not to defend LVG, but to suggest that you are talking out your hoop here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Typical Anglophile sentiment.

He had an outstanding playing career, got two different teams promoted to Serie A as their manager, brought Juve their first title in 6 years (9 years if you don't count the titles that were taken from them), went a whole season unbeaten with them and won three serie A titles in a row with them.

He is objectively an outstanding manager.

The average transfer spend per season doubled in Conte's first two seasons compared to the 5 before him when they didn't win any leagues. They got a real break too getting Pogba on a free who's quality would have cost at least 40 or 50 million if they needed to buy.

If Chelsea are giving us Jose and replacing him with Conte I think we are coming out a lot better. Even if Conte is a very good manager as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    Nope not happening, even if we get 4th. I refuse to believe it. I have it in my mind that Jose is our manager but LVG is our Interim till the summer.. not believing anything else.

I wish I had your confidence man.

Its been one let down after another since Fergie left and this will be the topping on the crap sandwich that has been the last 3 years.

Revenue wise the club has never been stronger so if we do sneak CL then the club has no reason to sack LVG.

Its clear the awful brand of football we have been forced to watch is not a big enough motivator for booting him, otherwise he would be well gone.

I'm calling it now, if we get CL we are stuck with him.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Time to watch Renato Sanchez against some tough opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Some musings

Conte is an excellent manager with plenty of variance to his tactical bow string and a penchant for very good attacking football.

A new member joined my ignore list today, bringing the current population to....1, I won't name as its a breach of rules but I may send him a congratulatory pm. The effort deserves it tbh.

The Dutch newspaper has had so much spot on when it comes to anything Van Gaal related it has got to be taken seriously.

I don't want Simeone to manage the club, I am not overly keen on his tactical approach, nor do I think he would translate very well at the moment. Hard to instill passion in players when you have to communicate through a translator. There are also other reasons, but that would be enough for a musing really.

Enjoyed Ronaldo's winner against Barca.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the likes of Fosu-Mensah continue to develop, some positive signs from some of the younger guys who have been given a shot at the first team this season. Tim always looked impressive (unlike Rashford) in the younger teams and I hope he can really push on.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A new member joined my ignore list today, bringing the current population to....1, I won't name as its a breach of rules but I may send him a congratulatory pm. The effort deserves it tbh.

Wonder if its me.. lets check :D

up-yours-alan-partridge-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I heard it was tsc, he's on most ignore lists tbf

• Advertisement

I heard it was tsc, he's on most ignore lists tbf

Who?

:D

Torres haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

The Barca Athle game is set up very much like a lot of our games.

Barca gone 1 nil behind early and now Athletico are sitting deep with nearly all players behind the ball. We've been in very similar situations.

Let's see how the best club in the world do it. Nows the time for LVG to take out his notepad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Barca gone 1 nil behind early and now Athletico are sitting deep with nearly all players behind the ball. We've been in very similar situations.

Let's see how the best club in the world do it. Nows the time for LVG to take out his notepad!

bit unfair considering they have messi, neymar, suarez, iniesta, rakatic and 2 attacking world class full backs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

His notepad will read - SIGN MESSI NEYMAR SUAREZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

At least MarsBar can relax its not her.

• Advertisement

• Simeone lads...
    Seriously....

Torres tho....

Tis great watching Bayern try to emulate us, they making a bollix of it by being in front though!

The **** was Torres at earlier? Textbook hero to zero

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

On another note, really like watching Coman for Bayern, mad to see Juventus, that other top european team, loan him to a top european team, and they have actually developed him and he has played a lot. Been very impressive this season.

• On another note, really like watching Coman for Bayern, mad to see Juventus, that other top european team, loan him to a top european team, and they have actually developed him and he has played a lot. Been very impressive this season.

Is he a potential Utd taget??

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is he a potential Utd taget??

I doubt he is very gettable but he ****ing should be a target! Goals and assists this season and not looked out of place in a very good team.

Suarez scores twice for Barca, course he shouldn't have been on the pitch to do that, nothing surprising there though really. Thought Madrid were quite poor in the second half though tiredness does come in to it when you have 10 men for so long and your natural instinct is to invite pressure.

Tie is not over anyway, either tie really. Expect both Bayern and Barca to progress obviously.....

and to bring this back to United, shame Adnan couldn't have taken the bull by the horns on his loan spell, or just heeded his managers advice and gone to a club in the PL instead where it was going to be easier to get game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I miss CL nights.

It's 8 years since we won it. I think it could be least 8 more before we even get near final but I probably would have said same in 2006 even though we had Fergie.

Not even been close since 2011.

• I miss CL nights.

It's 8 years since we won it. I think it could be least 8 more before we even get near final but I probably would have said same in 2006 even though we had Fergie.

It's a buzz kill alright :(

I miss CL nights.

I'm always optimistic about stuff like that, things can change very quickly in football and in a cup competition anything can happen really.

There is a reason that Barcelona haven't won it every year for the best part of the last decade :)

Simeone lads...
    Seriously....

Torres tho....

Just on this, I would love Simeone at the club and he would be my 2nd choice after Mourinho, but i don't understand how when it comes to the football their teams play that people could want Simeone and not Mourinho, both are extremely talented tacticians that set their team up to win a game anyway they can.

On another note, really like watching Coman for Bayern, mad to see Juventus, that other top european team, loan him to a top european team, and they have actually developed him and he has played a lot. Been very impressive this season.

I see what you did there:pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Just on this, I would love Simeone at the club and he would be my 2nd choice after Mourinho, but i don't understand how when it comes to the football their teams play that people could want Simeone and not Mourinho, both are extremely talented tacticians that set their team up to win a game anyway they can.

I agree with your point in principle. Though in my own mind I actually peg Simeone as the more cynical of the two managers :)

I don't actually want either at the club, as I am pretty sure I must be on record numerously repeating, but yeah. They are very similar managers in my eyes and I can't see why you would want one but be totally opposed to the other.

• astradave wrote: »
    I have said this multiple times before so not really gonna get into it again but in brief I believe he's younger and has more of a hunger than Jose. Simeone also has proven he has trust in youth.

I can accept Stringerbells point that language barrier is an issue but if he was offered the Utd job I think he would step up

I have said this multiple times before so not really gonna get into it again but in brief I believe he's younger and has more of a hunger than Jose. Simeone also has proven he has trust in youth.

I can accept Stringerbells point that language barrier is an issue but if he was offered the Utd job I think he would step up

I have no doubt that he would step up, it was more a general point, not a pop at you, about their footballing "Philosophies" being very similar and that some people would want Simeone but turn their noses up at Jose from a footballing point of view.

About the trusting youths point, i have said it before, and i do believe that Jose has no problem with trusting youth players if he believes they are good enough,he has shown that throughout his career, Duff and Robben where both young players in his first Chelsea stint, Jese was brought into the first team with Real, and the likes of Zouma and Courtois were trusted as recently as this season. Its more about not developing in the academy with him whereas I do believe Simeone has a good track record of bringing players through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    At least MarsBar can relax its not her.

MarsBar would never go on the ignore list
    She this boards best and favourite poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

brinty wrote: »
    MarsBar would never go on the ignore list
    She this boards best and favourite poster

She did stop us posting pictures of Kate Upton which broke a winning run for United. :mad:

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote:
    She did stop us posting pictures of Kate Upton which broke a winning run for United.

No she didn't
    And MarsBar is fat hotter than Kate Upton

Jayop wrote: »
    She did stop us posting pictures of Kate Upton which broke a winning run for United. :mad:

Nope Mars never stopped us in fact she actively encouraged it she said it was great for the kids.

jayo26 wrote:
    Nope Mars never stopped us in fact she actively encouraged it she said it was great for the kids.

MarsBar is all about perking the lads up
    This is why she's our favorite poster

Do lads any thoughts on Renato Sanches
    Thought he showed well for an 18 year old at this level
    I'd take him and loan him back for for a fee to Benfica god two years to develop further

MarsBar is all about perking the lads up
    This is why she's our favorite poster

You got problems brinty haha.

Do lads any thoughts on Renato Sanches
    Thought he showed well for an 18 year old at this level
    I'd take him and loan him back for for a fee to Benfica god two years to develop further

He is a bull, I've seen him in a few games and he seems to drift in and out of games but he is only a kid.

Id lone him back for a year too if nothing else it would mean lvg can't ruin him.

jayo26 wrote:
    Id lone him back for a year too if nothing else it would mean lvg can't ruin him.

Lvg can't ruin him when he's not there 😋😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd loan him to a PL side would be nice to get him sharpened in the league

Stoke would be a good option

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is a bull, I've seen him in a few games and he seems to drift in and out of games but he is only a kid.

Mourinho wouldn't trust him either apparently :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd loan him to a PL side would be nice to get him sharpened in the league

Stoke would be a good option

Papers are talking 40mil for him, hardly could loan him back then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement