Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm eating a hot chicken fillet roll with egg mayo, lettuce, onion and cheese. It's delish.

I'm gonna get a brown bread sandwich with bacon, jalapenos, lettuce, cheese and mayo for lunch. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm gonna get a brown bread sandwich with bacon, jalapenos, lettuce, cheese and mayo for lunch. Can't wait.

Nice. I got my roll earlier but the trick is to squash it into the George Foreman to heat it up. It's the business.
    Works class for breakfast rolls too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't go on lunch till 2.30. Feck sake I'm starving now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

So Rooney had no intention and there was no possibility of going to Chelsea???

Go back to the skysports article in July where Rooney said he was angry and confused. Fergie was on at that stage??

Of course there was a possibility of him leaving. That was largely because Moyes was taking over and the two of them had had an extremely fraught relationship in the past. There was also the falling out with Fergie, who was still visibly at the club and obviously important.

Taking the strife with Rooney that summer as evidence that he was unhappy to play as a number 10 is daft.
    Rooney felt he was in his peak and wasn't going to become a second option or rotation which were sparked from Moyes saying he would be backup to Robin in case he got injured. Rooneys favourite position is striker.

So Rooney being unhappy to be a back-up proves he is unhappy to play as a number 10 - logic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    So the match on Sunday...hoping for a win but head says a draw.

God only knows.

We tend to do very well against "big" teams in the league, as if we gear ourselves up for them. LVG's tactics seem to do well against more offensive-minded teams.

Other side, we tend to do badly against teams who are fighting hard and are passionate about things, and Spurs will know the title is still a possibility.

Spurs are the only team in the league with a better defence, in terms of goals conceeded (we have 27, they had 25). They also have the most goals scored (57) and have Kane who is the PL top scorer. Very similiar form to ourselves (we're 12 points from last 18, they have 11).

So yeah. I'd, sadly, be leaning towards a Spurs win, but given we beat Arsenal and City recently, we could grind out a 1-0.

• Advertisement

I can imagine Spurs knocking on the door for a while, Kane finally getting one, and United having no reply. So that'll be my prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I do have a bit of trust in our defence to keep the star man quiet. We have done it a fair few times over the last couple of seasons. We always expect to be destroyed by certain players and then we end up with said players being photoshopped into Mike or Daley's pocket. Hopefully those pics will be appearing again this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

So what do people think about Sunday's game?
    Imo if we lose and City beat W.Brom ( which they will) then it's all done and dusted. top 4 will be gone.

But if win hopefully it will give the team confidence. We still have to play Leceister 😫

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Imo if we lose and City beat W.Brom ( which they will) then it's all done and dusted. top 4 will be gone.

But if win hopefully it will give the team confidence. We still have to play Leceister 😫

Martial to go on the rampage and score a hat trick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm one of the few on here who doesn't think spurs are any great shakes and very beatable. Weak at full back and in CM. Not much width. If only United had players to exploit these positions but maybe LVG will surprise us and play Memphis but i don't hold much hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Hopefully with the return leg of the PSG tie on next week, City will rest a few players.

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm one of the few on here who doesn't think spurs are any great shakes and very beatable. Weak at full back and in CM. Not much width. If only United had players to exploit these positions but maybe LVG will surprise us and play Memphis but i don't hold much hope.

Them not being great would work to United's detriment though! It's the poor teams that do the most damage. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Liam O wrote: »

Why would he play Memphis? Memphis has proven a number of times this season that he is complete rubbish. United are a better side without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We are saying for the past 3 months that it's over but city keep tripping up. It should be over months ago.

Ballauge saying Jose and his camp are telling people the deal is done. (if you believe him), I wonder if that timing coincides with the supposed meeting Mendes always supposed to be having whit Woody this week....

https://twitter.com/revistadelaliga/status/718406874257821696

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ballauge saying Jose and his camp are telling people the deal is done. (if you believe him), I wonder if that timing coincides with the supposed meeting Mendes always supposed to be having whit Woody this week....

Turning into one of those wonderful sagas.

Custis was burbling out his nonsense about Mourinho house hunting in Manchester as he has received assurances of getting the job end of season, whilst another one of the Sunday Suppliment regulars is running with Mourinho informed he won't be receiving the job, with Van Gaal completing his final year.

Awful mess, and in fairness not from the clubs perspective. I'd expect nothing less that they would maintain support for the manager in place, but there are some people in the United chain that needs to get ropped into line or kicked out the door.

All this stuff looks to be coming from "sources" in the club, granted it might be a fella who sells Hotdogs on a Saturday, but not all the parts are signing from the same hymn sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Surely must be the closest thing we've got to confirmation...:D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Turning into one of those wonderful sagas.

Custis was burbling out his nonsense about Mourinho house hunting in Manchester as he has received assurances of getting the job end of season, whilst another one of the Sunday Suppliment regulars is running with Mourinho informed he won't be receiving the job, with Van Gaal completing his final year.

Awful mess, and in fairness not from the clubs perspective. I'd expect nothing less that they would maintain support for the manager in place, but there are some people in the United chain that needs to get ropped into line or kicked out the door.

All this stuff looks to be coming from "sources" in the club, granted it might be a fella who sells Hotdogs on a Saturday, but not all the parts are signing from the same hymn sheet.

Given how woefully inaccurate the press have been at predicting what will happen at the club over the last year then it is far more likely that the press aren't getting any info from sources at the club and your complaints are misguided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

why do you keep posting stuff that Balague says but yet you say he is full of sh1t??

FYI, this was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

FYI, this was delicious.

Think you are great with your sandwich - I had coddle for lunch!! The food of champions! :D

I think the more this jose story drags on the worse it is gonna be for us - not that ithink we should do a city and announce it or anything - I just think we are in for a long an painful journey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'd put the house on Jose at this stage being our next manager, if I had a house....

bangkok wrote: »
    why do you keep posting stuff that Balague says but yet you say he is full of sh1t??

Cause it lines up with what I want to believe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I had chicken noodle soup.

The annoyance of the current uncertainty is only worth it if we hit the summer with a competent management team with a motivated and reinvigorated squad.

Had chicken salad cause I'm boring prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Went and got a subway in the end.. milled it.. :D

Saving myself for a chinese later maybe a few tins and watch the masters sure why not.

I think we're stuck with lvg i really do..........

But what if the stories of jose are true and he has been scouting player's and organising transfers and they be all revealed before the euros start??.. Ohhh yhhh forgot its united we don't do things early..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I'd put the house on Jose at this stage being our next manager, if I had a house....

If only you hadn't gambled all your money away!! :p

• Advertisement

Had chicken salad cause I'm boring prick

Fridge leftovers or are you actually spending money on a terrible lunch?

While there's rumours there's hope because the status quo just isn't worth thinking about.

Korat wrote: »
    Fridge leftovers or are you actually spending money on a terrible lunch?

While there's rumours there's hope because the status quo just isn't worth thinking about.
    Homemade. No Gordon Ramsey but I'll pass

Homemade. No Gordon Ramsey but I'll pass

Hat off to you, I'm sure your chicken salad is a delicious lunch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'd sushi and noddles
    was delish....

We'd cake sale at work so full of sugar....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Had a hot chicken roll at 1 sweet corn sun dried tomatoes Olive and ballymaloe relish.. delish
    Currently taking a ****e typing this ;)

Currently taking a ****e typing this ;)

The last task dump?

You're my hero. I've never been able to manage myself so efficienty that I could actually do this. And on a Friday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    Given how woefully inaccurate the press have been at predicting what will happen at the club over the last year then it is far more likely that the press aren't getting any info from sources at the club and your complaints are misguided.

I suppose that is possible, but they seem to be adamant with the sources angle. Typically when a journalist spouts nonsense under a "fake" source angle, they find themselves bared by clubs.

I do just feel though plenty of people in the club might be looking to take advantage of the search for scoop. Was the same when Moyes was getting wobbly. And there is enough people in the football club who will let on they know something for a few quid in the hand.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I suppose that is possible, but they seem to be adamant with the sources angle. Typically when a journalist spouts nonsense under a "fake" source angle, they find themselves bared by clubs.

So which journalists have been bared for all the crap that has been arrributed to sources inside the club over the last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to stay within 3 points of City this weekend. Looking at both teams remaining games we should be finishing ahead of them if we do, we have more winnable games imo.

This season was really salvageable but watch Van Gaal mess it up like he did the CL group.

We just need a draw and Spurs badly need a win so there should be chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

giphy.gif

What ye all think of Welbeck???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

jayo26 wrote: »
    What ye all think of Welbeck???

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Enjoy,the 1000 Home EPL goals scored by United.

https://vimeo.com/161867529

• My great m8 Phil is back for the Spurs game

https://twitter.com/UnitedStandMUFC/status/718461204260327425

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/718453688650633216

He'll need games to get match fit and up to speed then boom-the season is over.

As for Jones,I watched him in the u21 game and he was destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/718453688650633216

He'll need games to get match fit and up to speed then boom-the season is over.

As for Jones,I watched him in the u21 game and he was destroyed.

Jones is finished with United IMO.

He is a proper, mental bastard, die hard, old school centre half but he is just too injury prone.

Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So Jose is teasing us this morning telling us he will be working next season and has offers slready

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Riley on Soccer AM all morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Riley on Soccer AM all morning :)

And your only telling us now????

Arsenal vs West Ham is one of those lose/lose games for us. Either Arsenal pull away, Or Wst Ham get closer. A draw achieves both :(

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And your only telling us now????

Hard to type with one hand.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement