Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And your only telling us now????

He must've been distracted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Arsenal vs West Ham is one of those lose/lose games for us. Either Arsenal pull away, Or Wst Ham get closer. A draw achieves both :(

Pessimist. Arsenal win, it helps us in the race for 4th. West Ham win, it helps us in the race for 3rd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Jones is finished with United IMO.

He is a proper, mental bastard, die hard, old school centre half but he is just too injury prone.

Pity.

I had hopes he'd become an iconic player for Utd but alas he's just never had the opportunity to develop because of his injuries. There's an argument for keeping him and using him as a squad filler but he can't even do that if he's on the treatment table most of the time.

Maybe a change of environment might reduce his injury count so best for both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Korat wrote: »
    I had hopes he'd become an iconic player for Utd but alas he's just never had the opportunity to develop because of his injuries. There's an argument for keeping him and using him as a squad filler but he can't even do that if he's on the treatment table most of the time.

Maybe a change of environment might reduce his injury count so best for both parties.

Aye, he's a real warrior.

If we could keep him fit I'd hold onto him as a squad player, absolutely, but as you said the poor guy just cannot seem to get and stay fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Arsenal vs West Ham is one of those lose/lose games for us. Either Arsenal pull away, Or Wst Ham get closer. A draw achieves both :(
    Pessimist. Arsenal win, it helps us in the race for 4th. West Ham win, it helps us in the race for 3rd :pac:

If I knew the result of the Spurs/United game, I would then know what result to support today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'm supporting the Hammers. Can't stand Arsenal. Our huge rivalry around the end of the 90's and early noughties including highlights such as Roy Keane v Vieira with THAT O'Shea chip, Van Nistelrooy missed penalty and Keown acting a goon, pizza gate etc etc.

Also their fans are extremely annoying. Always overhyped their style of football imo and also are constantly on and off the Wenger OUT bandwagon on a game to game basis.

Plus it would be great to see Leicester win the league.

EDIT - game over lol.

EDIT - maybe not haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Smegball wrote: »
    I'm supporting the Hammers. Can't stand Arsenal. Our huge rivalry around the end of the 90's and early noughties including highlights such as Roy Keane v Vieira with THAT O'Shea chip, Van Nistelrooy missed penalty and Keown acting a goon, pizza gate etc etc.

Also their fans are extremely annoying. Always overhyped their style of football imo and also are constantly on and off the Wenger OUT bandwagon on a game to game basis.

EDIT - game over lol.

2-2 now,Andy Carroll gets 2 in a minute,we need a draw in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Smegball wrote: »

EDIT - game over lol.

2-2 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Aye, he's a real warrior.

If we could keep him fit I'd hold onto him as a squad player, absolutely, but as you said the poor guy just cannot seem to get and stay fit.

He is at fault for too many of his own injuries getting caught wrong side and lunging into tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm really looking forward to our Fa cup vs this West Ham side.
    The first game was s***e but I have a feeling the replay will be a tight game which could see ET and penalties.

Arsenal gonna Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I went into the Arsenal thread back in October/November and said I didnt even consider them title condenters. They all loled and look who's right now. 3.2 to West Ham

This is hilarious both for Arsenal as they are absolutely bottling it atm and Liverpool as their record signing is has scored a Hatrick with West Ham against the gunners.

Might not be a great result for us but still amusing nevertheless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

Equaliser!! Hope it stays like this !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Watching a great game here but wondering who the deadly looking blonde bird is sitting with all stewards beside the benches.

Happy with that result. Hopefully West Brom can steal something from city but highly unlikely. City look much stronger with De Bruyne in their team now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Decent start too the weekend.

Can't believe if we win tomorrow we will only be 3 points off Arsenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ticket for the game tomorrow courtesy of tony V if anyone is in london...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh wow

park the ****ing bus and get another bus while your at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Go on the Brom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Whhhoooooooooo foooken wooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Shush lads ffs. You know the drill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

didnt last long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

McClean is ****e.

When would be most likely for Mourinho be announced if he is actually coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Pheonix10 wrote: »

The 4th Sunday of every week I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The second Top 4 is mathematically impossible...

• Advertisement

The second Top 4 is mathematically impossible...

Really? Would you not think they would wait for after the final game. I'd be happy with your way though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Really? Would you not think they would wait for after the final game. I'd be happy with your way though!

it'll be announced at the start of the priest's sermon so he catches the attention.

it'll be announced at the start of the priest's sermon so he catches the attention.

Haha are you drunk or at mass

I can't see much reason they'd wait, though they could as easily announce Giggs.

Once he goes, the two frontrunners are sitting and waiting to be announced....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just showed Jose at the boxing

Is he taking up a new role as a boxing coach??

Or is he scouting Anthony Joshua for Utd :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great to see Darren Fletcher having such a great season...they were just saying on MOTD that he was best player on the park v City today,maybe Utd didn't show enough faith in him to get back to full health.

Just showed Jose at the boxing

Is he taking up a new role as a boxing coach??

Or is he scouting Anthony Joshua for Utd :D:D

He said he's staying in England,it's his home when asked tonight.

It's clear now that Jose is in love with England and it's way of life. Once again denied that anything is signed but he seems to be positive that he will be back by July!
    I think a lot of people would be very shocked if he Man Utd isn't his next destination. Reliable journos have put their reputation on the line with this one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great to see Darren Fletcher having such a great season...they were just saying on MOTD that he was best player on the park v City today,maybe Utd didn't show enough faith in him to get back to full health.

Good luck to him but Utd did make th right decision IMO.
    Fletcher had to be 100% on his game all the time to hope to compete at the highest level and that just wasn't ever going to happen again after his illnesss.

Utd are a million miles off top level as we speak but that doesn't negate my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's crazy that a win today puts us 3 points behind Arsenal in 3rd with 6 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I went into the Arsenal thread back in October/November and said I didnt even consider them title condenters. They all loled and look who's right now. 3.2 to West Ham

You also added that the title was between Man Utd and Man City, so you were only slightly wrong there. :pac: Don't think any of the so called big teams fans can look back at this season with any smugness, especially if Leicester win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

, especially if Leicester win the league.

You mean the team who by far and away play the best football in the entire league?

Football talk starts round 4:50. Asked about the United job. Says a refusal to comment is not confirmation anything is happening. Says no contract with anyone yet. Wants to stay in England. Wants a job again this summer, and didn't plan on waiting as long as he has.

Nothing Jose has said or has reportedly said has convinced me he won't be Uniteds next manager. I think its nailed on at this stage. United sneaking a 4th place finish won't save LVG. Not even an FA Cup win should save him but it would be great for LVG to win the FA Cup and walk away. I think that would be a nice way to part company as it doesn't really feel like a normal sacking as its ending on a high note.

I've no expectations from the Spurs game today. Anything could happen. I must admit I'm a fan of Spurs and want them to win the league but not at Uniteds expense. Hoping for both Leicester and Spurs to lose today to keep me happy. Long shot though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GSPfan wrote: »
    Nothing Jose has said or has reportedly said has convinced me he won't be Uniteds next manager. I think its nailed on at this stage. United sneaking a 4th place finish won't save LVG. Not even an FA Cup win should save him but it would be great for LVG to win the FA Cup and walk away. I think that would be a nice way to part company as it doesn't really feel like a normal sacking as its ending on a high note.

Hope so. The line about waiting caught me as interesting; got to imagine there's a few clubs who could have announced him by now if he wanted to join them, Real included. I think United would be the main club who would ask him to wait. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ShaneU wrote: »

Very well done in fairness

Hope so. The line about waiting caught me as interesting; got to imagine there's a few clubs who could have announced him by now if he wanted to join them, Real included. I think United would be the main club who would ask him to wait. Fingers crossed anyway.

Woodward gets on well with LVG so he is never going to announce a new man joining until he has to,I reckon it will be a mutual parting of the ways between LVG and United,we are too near the end of the season now anyway to pull the trigger now and undermine LVG,they'll see out what's left of this season.
    If we get top 4 then LVG will leave having achieved that target and can leave with that on his cv,if we don't then the line of that target not being met leading to his departure will be brought out.

Funny thing about it is that he doesn't have that many options. Its probably the rarest of occasions where all the top jobs seem to either have a manager who is relatively new therefore are not close to being replaced or a manager on the way in this summer. Manchester United and Real Madrid are the two jobs which stand out as real possibilities but both have big obstacles. Spurs could be a surprise contender. Mark my words.

England
    Arsenal - Can't see him ever going there, although you just never know.
    Chelsea - Nope.
    City - Pep on the way.
    Spurs - Only an option if United or Real nab Pochetino.
    Liverpool - No. Klopp is the man.
    Everton - Not big enough for him.

Spain
    Barcelona - Never happening.
    Real Madrid - Possible but just unlikely due to the amount of problems which still exist for him there with players and the fans expectations.

Germany
    Bayern - Ancellotti on the way in.
    Any other - Not big enough for him.

Italy
    Just no.

France
    PSG - I highly doubt he would go there and see no reason why PSG would sack Blanc.

I only really see United as a realistic job which will become available and he would be interested in. If for some bizarre reason LVG doesn't get sacked and Mourinho is forced to go somewhere else then all bets are off but if United sack LVG he has to be the next manager as the only other name mentioned is Pochetino and I just don't see him coming to United this Summer from Spurs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement