Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's crazy that a win today puts us 3 points behind Arsenal in 3rd with 6 to play.

And six behind second with a game in hand.

United don't deserve to be that close so I don't expect a win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Rashford ended City's title hopes, Arsenal's title hopes and fingers crossed that today he ends Tottenham's title hopes. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, know things are bad when no one bothers to post the line up after 10 minutes of it being release....

Cfr6_epWwAE5GmF.jpg

Kick off apparently delayed to 4:15pm.

Anyone know why???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Man U bus stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We might have to give Leicester a guard of honour at Old Trafford.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Kick off apparently delayed to 4:15pm.

Anyone know why???

Parking the bus already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If you had told me a team beginning with letter "L" was gonna win the league I have hibernated for season. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Apparently our team bus is just probing cautiously around the outside of London looking for an opening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Don't understand why it's Darmian who makes way for Fosu-Mensah. He's been dropped for no reason an awful lot this season and Rojo doesn't really seem suited to the attacking LB role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Liam O wrote: »
    Don't understand why it's Darmian who makes way for Fosu-Mensah. He's been dropped for no reason an awful lot this season and Rojo doesn't really seem suited to the attacking LB role.

Yeah, I think it should be Rojo after his last performance.

Kick off 4:30 now. Is there any kind of limit on time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,871 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Liam O wrote: »

100% agree. Strange decision, bizarre even. No Hererra again also, annoying.

Reports suggest Van Gaal wants a retreat to Manchester to devise and alternative route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Team arriving what looks like 40 minutes before kick off after been stuck in traffic on a coach is not ideal preparation for a match.

On the team, Rojo getting selected again is extremely disappointing as is the exclusion of Darmian.

Schneiderlin and Carrick in MF is totally uninspiring.

adox wrote: »
    Team arriving what looks like 40 minutes before kick off after been stuck in traffic on a coach is not ideal preparation for a match.

On the team, Rojo getting selected again is extremely disappointing as is the exclusion of Darmian.

I agree re team selection. Well at least Louis has a ready made excuse when we have a borefest. Hope we get something but I'm not hopeful. The players heads are probably wrecked arriving late like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm loving the criticism of the team selection. Normally backfires and the players in question play a blinder. Rojo with the winner so! :)

I'm expecting a Spurs win. A point or three for us would be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Can we be fined for late arrival at the Stadium ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Delayed till 4.30 now, I expect a battering now if I didn't before. No sort of preparation for a match.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

Buzzarely I think interupted preperation could be good for us even though that makes little sense...

Totally agree that midfield does not inspire confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What the hell is van Gaal doing to Darmain? As soon as he settles back in van Gaal drops him. Should of played Fosu-Mensah at LB if he wanted to include him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

My theory is the bus driver is a red. So to stop LVG giving a team talk hes arrived as late as possible so the players just go out and do their own thing.

Genius ;)

Actually more i think about it the delay is prob worse for spurs, another half hour stewing in the dressing room thinkiny over the lecister result

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'll get it out of the way now

****ing Mike Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Crikey, if we get a draw out of this it will be very undeserved. Once again there's no real desire to get forward as a team and have a few shots

• Advertisement

Useless shower of shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can we please announce Jose ! Woodward needs to get a spine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just want LVG to **** off from the club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

van Gaal out.

The sad thing is, I actually laughed when the third goal went in. Not even surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Headshot wrote: »
    I just want LVG to **** off from the club

He's a disgrace. His substitutions are atrocious. Young as a striker? F##k off Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If ever you wanted a reason to sack LVG, it's what he has done with that team at half time. ****ing negligence leaving that right wing exposed with Mata out there and a young lad playing right back.

Then he brings on Young to play up front as though it's Rashford's fault that he can't ****ing function in this awful attacking line-up. Just get rid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

only 5 more games to go and this embarrassment will end.

Hopefully.

:(

Van Gaal should be gone but these players are a fúcking disgrace.

First goal goes in and they down tools.

KH25 wrote: »
    He's a disgrace. His substitutions are atrocious? Young as a striker? F##k off Van Gaal.

Five of the 11 players are out of position. And that's counting Rojo as a natural left back, so you could even say 6....

On the bright side one step closer to this imposter of a manager being gone.

Stupid decisions again today.

The club should hold their head in shame for letting this continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Losing spectacularly is much more beneficial in the long run that a tight unlucky loss.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Five of the 11 players are out of position. And that's counting Rojo as a natural left back, so you could even say 6....

Absolutely. Woodward and the Board have given him too many chances. He should have been sacked months ago.

What a waste of two years

The philosophy has been an utter disaster

Jose can't come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Christ, players that were crap last week start today in Carrick and Rojo and guess what they were crap again today, fecking LVG logic.

Young up front and only brings on Depay when the game is lost. Why is still here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Love to smash that clip board in his face !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Quandary wrote: »
    only 5 more games to go and this embarrassment will end.

Hopefully.

:(

If he wins the fa cup I can see them keeping him. Disgraceful as it seems but people have vested interests for him to succeed, united's best interests won't come into play I fear

Can LVG just **** off already!!!

I really wish someone would rip up his notepad and just give him a big ole boot out of the club. His philosophy is a joke

If he wins the fa cup I can see them keeping him. Disgraceful as it seems but people have vested interests for him to succeed, united's best interests won't come into play I fear

We won't beat West Ham, let alone the whole cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

How the powers that be have left it get to this state is nothing short of disgraceful. How he is still at the club is simply incredible. No other club in the world would have given him this much time.

He should have been bounced out the door after the Champions League embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

If he wins the fa cup I can see them keeping him.

That won't be an issue, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

What the hell was he doing at half time, putting young up front. Twas hardly Rashfords fault he wasn't in the game.

Just wait until he says in the post match interview about how we were the better team, more dominant and all that ****e.

Waits for the late arriving Bus excuses post match.

Says it all that I was more looking forward to the golf tonight than a Spurs v Utd match.

The club stinks.

• Advertisement

Just wait until he says in the post match interview about how we were the better team, more dominant and all that ****e.

If he even mentions the bus being late....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement