Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Not one bit of fight back from the United players. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Too many players having bad games too regularly.

1 player having an off day can be covered but when 7 or 8 are off then your in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Not one bit of fight back from the United players. Disgraceful.

Well, there was Memphis :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If he wins the fa cup I can see them keeping him. Disgraceful as it seems but people have vested interests for him to succeed, united's best interests won't come into play I fear

If we perform like this against West Ham we won't be getting anywhere near Wembley.
    We're a shambles of a side, with a first team squad that has no structure or balance.
    LVG is undoubtedly a great manager who has achieved great things in the game but he just isn't suited to English football and is driving our club into mid table obscurity which is a hop skip and a jump from relegation battles in a few years time if we're not careful, football is moving on, more sides are competitive in the league now than at any point in the Premier League Era, getting back into the top four next season doesn't even look possible never mind likely.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Poxy Europa League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Big signings need to be made early in the summer. This team is a disgrace to the badge they play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

KH25 wrote: »
    Well, there was Memphis :p

Memphis was ****ting himself. He had nothing over Walker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

De Gea stopped the game being five or six nil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Thought Mensah did well in defence in first half, then he went off injured and all Tottenham's goals came through our right hand side. Sigh, yet another forgettable match. Any chance of fourth is gone now. :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I really would've liked it to work out for Van Gaal but it just hasn't. If things had gone well, all his talk of the proshesh would've sounded like the words of a genius. As it stands it's complete fantasy land talk.

We never look dangerous going forward and you're always worried we're going to concede. Only for De Gea we would've conceded a lot more goals this season. Rubbish again today.

• Advertisement

I was hoping Walker would knock Memphis out. Ship him back to the Netherlands then before he regains consciousness. He's a joke of a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ah well. That's that I suppose.

If you told me LVG's future depends on a top 4 finish id be happier finishing 5th. It's just so bad at times that there's no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Shots on target?

(Hint: About the same as our Champions League chances)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ah well. That's that I suppose.

If you told me LVG's future depends on a top 4 finish id be happier finishing 5th. It's just so bad at times that there's no excuse.

Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

How has he spent so much money and has had to rely on youngsters for most of the season. Really lacking in quality up top besides Martial. Got rid of too many players and the decision to insist on players like Lingard has backfired.

Typical LVG today. Some horrible decisions especially with the attack.

The entire defence collapsed immediately after the youngest player went off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Wouldn't say the race is over myself, We beat Villa next week and City lose or draw at Chelsea and it's back to 1/2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I don't blame the players for lacking in spirit at this stage. It must be incredibly frustrating going out to play such a turgid system.

Sure, some of the players need to be turfed out, but the problem is and always has been the ineptitude of the manager. He has destroyed this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

mewe wrote: »
    I really would've liked it to work out for Van Gaal but it just hasn't. If things had gone well, all his talk of the proshesh would've sounded like the words of a genius. As it stands it's complete fantasy land talk.

We never look dangerous going forward and you're always worried we're going to concede. Only for De Gea we would've conceded a lot more goals this season. Rubbish again today.

The team never looks dangerous because it has 3 youngsters learning their trade and a slow #10 played out on the wing. Of the youngsters, 1 is potentially world class, 1 is definitely squad material and 1 could go either way but they are still learning and are going to be inconsistent. A 4th kid was back in left back. A good team can carry 1 or 2 youngsters or reserves, but the first team is just far too weak to carry 3 of them in attack. Rojo, Carrick, Blind are good enough for the squad, but not the first team of a side going for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

ankles wrote: »
    Shots on target?

(Hint: About the same as our Champions League chances)

Martial had one when he went on that run. But that run says it all as well. We rely on a kid to run through half a team to create anything of note. Awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Don't see what the outrage is about. We had 55% possession.

Call-in show on mutv should be good.

Jose has a lot of work to do this summer. Better get started mate

Thats all LVG seems to want.

So therefore we were more dominant so therefore we were the better team.
    LVG Philosophy

1st caller

"How long is this idiot going to be in charge for"

followed it up with throwing in a few clown's and garbage's

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The problem remains the same, United only have Martial who is good enough in an attacking 4 players.
    If Martial was played up front, we would need three players to replace what is behind.

We lack goals, a common problem for three seasons now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jose has a lot of work to do this summer. Better get started mate

That's the thing though, we have no idea how much work he has to do because we haven't actually seen any of these players, bar Smalling and DDG, regularly play in a system and position that suits them.

We defo need an actual right winger and a couple of others, striker and centre back is important for me, but there are some really good players in that squad playing within themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RobertKK wrote: »
    The problem remains the same, United only have Martial who is good enough in an attacking 4 players.
    If Martial was played up front, we would need three players to replace what is behind.

We lack goals, a common problem for three seasons now.
    I'd say it's more that there is no presence in midfield. Nobody who can bring the ball forward and interplay with the forwards. No matter who plays as the central striker they are going to be isolated. Even Harry Kane probably wouldn't be much use in that system.

I feel I'm a broken record at this stage but what's the point in Schneiderlin? Can't defend, average passes and not really doing anything positive.

• Advertisement

United need Chelsea to beat City next weekend, and if we don't beat Aston Villa next weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Juan8 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say the race is over myself, We beat Villa next week and City lose or draw at Chelsea and it's back to 1/2 points.

City have to play Arsenal too

We need a CB too. I know you all love him here but Blind will never be a CB for me.

adox wrote: »
    We need a CB too. I know you all love him here but Blind will never be a CB for me.

I like Blind but he shouldn't be our first choice CB to partner Smalling. I would see him as a very useful utility player to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Top class CB, midfielder and CF for me (stones, pogba and lukaka for me) and that united team with a proper manager will challenge again.

9 league defeats with 6 games to go is beyond bad, it's downright irresponsible he is still in charge

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd say it's more that there is no presence in midfield. Nobody who can bring the ball forward and interplay with the forwards. No matter who plays as the central striker they are going to be isolated. Even Harry Kane probably wouldn't be much use in that system.

I feel I'm a broken record at this stage but what's the point in Schneiderlin? Can't defend, average passes and not really doing anything positive.

Well I agree, but Schneiderlin is a good player but the team obviously didn't work today given the result.

The defense needs work, a Modric type player to partner Schneiderlin is what we need, and the attack needs major work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It doesn't really matter who City have to play because we regularly cant beat the worst teams in the league. They could lose half of there remaining games and so could we.

We may pip City into 4th or West Ham may beat us both but either way the attitude and the manner of the defeat today doesn't say much for our chances to win any of our remaining games.

How do people see the Villa game next week going? In the Fergie era when a team like that was coming to Old Trafford you'd be expecting 4 or 5 nil minimum. I'm fully expecting this United side to struggle for 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Watching Carrick looking around,seeing the danger developing and then trotting back was sickening for the first goal.He knew where the ball was coming from and as the last man back,he should have been busting a gut to try to cut it out.

We had 20 minutes of hassling and harrying but once Spurs sussed out that we had nothing else.
    Playing Young as CF cos he did ok against kids on Monday night was farcical especially with a dedicated CF playing in Young's natural position.

So young was played as striker to offer more running in behind the defence.......ok Louis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well that's put my mind at ease. Spurs a great team and we had 1 good chance. Plus we were the better team until their first goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No doubt someone will be on shortly to tell us what a nice man LVG is and what a great history he has, thus it is perfectly acceptable for him still to be United manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A centre back at right back, a centre back at left back, a centre midfielder at centre back, a number 10 on the right wing, a right winger at number 10, a striker on the left wing, then at the end, a right winger at striker.

It's like a toddler playing Football Manager.

Need pace in behind. MARTIAL!!

Carragher speaking lots of truth here.

I'm so worried about the future even if Mouhino does come in.

Can we really trust the hierarchy that have presided over this shambles and let it continue to run the club properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Sand wrote: »
    The team never looks dangerous because it has 3 youngsters learning their trade and a slow #10 played out on the wing. Of the youngsters, 1 is potentially world class, 1 is definitely squad material and 1 could go either way but they are still learning and are going to be inconsistent. A 4th kid was back in left back. A good team can carry 1 or 2 youngsters or reserves, but the first team is just far too weak to carry 3 of them in attack. Rojo, Carrick, Blind are good enough for the squad, but not the first team of a side going for the title.

It's depressing Bill! Martial is good enough for any team in the league I reckon but he needs a better team around him. You look at that United side and it doesn't fill you with confidence at all. Too many players that aren't of the standard required.

In saying that, the players that are there aren't playing to their full potential imo. They've had the confidence sucked out of them by Van Gaal's poor management.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Young is not even THAT fast.

Hernandez scores his 25th goal of the season today.
    Meanwhile Manchester Utd have Ashley Young playing up front.

Who would be on all ye're get rid of list.

Top of my list would be

edit: LVG
    edit: Giggs

Valencia - toxic
    Young - useless
    Jones - injured
    Fellaini - thug

In that order

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Who would be on all ye're get rid of list.

Top of my list would be

Valencia - toxic
    Young - useless
    Jones - injured
    Fellaini - thug

In that order

LVG
    The board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Same **** happened against Arsenal away. Leading a high line and not playing counter attack. LVG just doesn't learn.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement