Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pro. F wrote: »
    So you aren't serious when you were talking about Carrick. Fair enough, I misunderstood.

Not sure what you mean by this buy D has never been Carricks greatest fan lets just say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Mata had run towards goal after he made his pass he would have gotten in the way of Fosu-Mensah's run. He ran to the only place he could be useful.

Yep - he was looking for the return ball and would likely have looked for the deep cross to the far post himself (a common tactic of Mata) or a slide pass centrally or wide left. Can't see how anyone could have an issue with his play or movement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nalz wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by this buy D has never been Carricks greatest fan lets just say

What I mean is, Doc was only venting and not being serious when he said "Quicker Blind is back in DM removing Carrick from my sight the better." Is that not what Doc meant by saying he is biased and needed to vent?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Yep - he was looking for the return ball and would likely have looked for the deep cross to the far post himself (a common tactic of Mata) or a slide pass centrally or wide left. Can't see how anyone could have an issue with his play or movement there.

It's typical Mata. If you're happy with your right winger constantly running away from goal with the ball and moving away from goal then your standards are low.

He has no killer instinct and no strength. He's just a **** David Silva.

It's typical Mata. If you're happy with your right winger constantly running away from goal with the ball and moving away from goal then your standards are low.

Mata is doing an ok job as a right winger when he is never a right winger. It isn't his fault. I would prefer a player like Kanchelskis out there burning the fullback - and I would prefer Mata playing centrally using his touch and vision to feed the quick wingers and striker, but we have a bumbling bufoon in charge and Mata is doing what he is being asked to do.

Also, the issue here, specifically, is that you criticised Mata on a goal he deserved no criticism on. He wasn't going to beat the defender for pace - he used the ball well and moved in to space to receive it again, in a postion he could look to cross from or create via a pass from. There should be no problems there.

The general problem with Mata is that he is being played out of position and perform a roll he is physically unsuited for.

Yesterday we had a centre back and right back.
    A centre back at left back.
    A defensive midfielder at centre back.
    A striker on the wing.
    A number 10 on the wing.
    And, in the second half, a winger up front.

I find it hard to criticise any player too much when the balance of the side is completely arseways.

He's not a good winger, he's a natural number 10. But even if that had been Beckham out there, if he had run towards goal after making that pass, he would have gotten in the way of Fosu-Mensah's run, dragging an extra defender into the area where Rashford was trying to pass and we'd have been less likely to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If Mata goes in there he brings Baines closer to the goal. By moving out, he's covering the space left by F-M and giving him space to bomb forward. That's intelligent. You're just looking for something to be negative about. Change the record for a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya can't really blame players when totally out of position.

I'm just disappointed DDG has not been played up front to keep in line with Philosophy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If Mata goes in there he brings Baines closer to the goal. By moving out, he's covering the space left by F-M and giving him space to bomb forward. That's intelligent. You're just looking for something to be negative about. Change the record for a while...

Hmmmm.

Good old attacking the poster and not the post.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm.

Good old attacking the poster and not the post.

At worst they are attacking both the post and the poster in this. Half the post is a rebuttal of your criticism of Mata on that goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    From a business point of view, Woody loves the big names, and there's very few bigger names than Ibra. He'd sell a load of jerseys and would be a big coup in terms of marketability. And if he comes in and helps us win a trophy or two, then that's good for business as well.

best-for-business.png
    I can never understand this.
    The kit deal is done. No matter how many jersies are sold, utd and every other club fr that matter, get the amount that was agreed at the penning if the deal.
    Even if this wasn't the case, a big name signing, selling lots of jersies, only takes from the number of the other players' jersies sold.
    So 100 IBRA jersies means 50 less martial, 20 less mata, 20 less depay, 9 less de gea, 1 less card carrick and zero less darmian.

At worst they are attacking both the post and the poster in this. Half the post is a rebuttal of your criticism of Mata on that goal.

Poster was attacked.

No wonder it's the same 4 or 5 people posting in this thread.

It really has gone to fcuk. I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I can never understand this.
    The kit deal is done. No matter how many jersies are sold, utd and every other club fr that matter, get the amount that was agreed at the penning if the deal.
    Even if this wasn't the case, a big name signing, selling lots of jersies, only takes from the number of the other players' jersies sold.
    So 100 IBRA jersies means 50 less martial, 20 less mata, 20 less depay, 9 less de gea, 1 less card carrick and zero less darmian.

More letters in Ibrahimovic = more money! :pac:

In reality people who buy jerseys with names on them want the jersey they have just brought out when they've signed. If someone has an old Mata jersey they're less to get another one with Mata. And I think it has more to do with getting people to buy the new jersey (with or without name) because a player like Ibra raises the profile of the club or such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Love the Ibra rumors and would love to see him at United for 2 seasons. He is old but he is not like any other old players. Even at his age he was able to hold off City CBs, he hardly relies on pace anyways and he is physically very strong and technically he would be the best in the league.

His scoring rate is insane and if we sack Van Gaal then I can see our strikers scoring lot of goals.

Poster was attacked.

Poster was attacked ....... WHA WHA WHA. Want me to ring you a WAmblulance?

Quitting a thread (an announcing it...arf!) over that post, embarrassing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Poster was attacked.

latest?cb=20140323182413

Poster was attacked ....... WHA WHA WHA. Want me to ring you a WAmblulance?

Quitting a thread (an announcing it...arf!) over that post, embarrassing stuff.

Not as embarrassing as the state of this thread. I'll go back to reddit, a proper place where people can actually discuss Utd without whingers telling them what they want to read. Things literally posted here 2 days later over here.

You'd probably like it but you'd lose your status over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

crying-waterfalls.gif

Poster was attacked.

This thread has gone to fùck, says the poster who has been on the forum for less than a month. Classic tantrum stuff.

This thread has gone to fùck, says the poster who has been on the forum for less than a month. Classic tantrum stuff.

Been here before brah. Do you always believe what the internet tells you?

Anyways, not gonna waste my time responding. I'll be over on reddit if you want to find me.

• Advertisement

Anyways, not gonna waste my time responding. I'll be over on reddit if you want to find me.

Poster who throws a tantrum when losing an argument turns out to be a rereg. What a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Poster was attacked.

:pac: The irony. Hope you reported rather than bitched about it.

You got a lesson on 'ball intelligence from a few of us and you've decided you didn't like it.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :pac: The irony. Hope you reported rather than bitched about it.

You got a lesson on 'ball intelligence from a few of us and you've decided you didn't like it.

LOL. Ball intelligence.

We'll see how valued Matas ball intelligence is when he's fcuked out of yet another club for being too weak, cowardly and plain not good enough.

And I did not report it, we all know what would happen...absolutely nothing.

And just to prove my point how ****e this place is for everything Utd, this was posted on another Utd page - here there is no mention of it.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/719526362911006720

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Somebody didn't repost somebody on Twitter saying that somebody else supposedly reported something. Terrible.

Somebody didn't repost somebody on Twitter saying that somebody else supposedly reported something. Terrible.

Guess you don't know who Di Marzio is then?

Why am I not surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United keeping LVG until the end of the season to save €6 million if he's sacked then instead of now.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/revealed-why-man-utd-are-holding-fire-on-sacking-louis-van-gaal-34617135.html

Guess you don't know who Di Marzio is then?

Why am I not surprised?

Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-04.gif

LOL. Ball intelligence.

We'll see how valued Matas ball intelligence is when he's fcuked out of yet another club for being too weak, cowardly and plain not good enough.

You mean when/if Mourinho sells him again. Mourinho not fancying a player does not precuclude that player from being good. Mourinho has very specific things he wants from players and, in that, his tastes are very different from many other successful managers.
    And just to prove my point how ****e this place is for everything Utd, this was posted on another Utd page - here there is no mention of it.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/719526362911006720

Oh my God! DiMarzio said something and it wasn't posted here. Shut the forum down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

w2hqid.gif

Oh my God! DiMarzio said something and it wasn't posted here. Shut the forum down!

No, not even that. DiMarzio supposedly said something, according to the tweet.

• Advertisement

Long goodbyes are the worst.

No, not even that. DiMarzio supposedly said something, according to the tweet.

Funny how you say that when Ibras quote was lapped up. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I thought you left?

You mean when/if Mourinho sells him again. Mourinho not fancying a player does not precuclude that player from being good. Mourinho has very specific things he wants from players and, in that, his tastes are very different from many other successful managers.

;);););););););)

Throw up the post there where I lapped up Ibra's quote.

This is the bebo of football discussion . :pac::pac:

And now I actually am gone. G'luck! ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »
    United keeping LVG until the end of the season to save €6 million if he's sacked then instead of now.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/revealed-why-man-utd-are-holding-fire-on-sacking-louis-van-gaal-34617135.html

Very interesting - one of the best articles I've seen in a while on this topic. Only issue I have with it is that would United not stand to lose 50 mil+ because of not Champions League football so if they thought he wasn't going to get them there would they have not just sacked him at Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dont let the front door hit ya where the good lord split ya. enjoy reddit....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Wait til Ed Woodward hears about the fine for being late to White Hart Lane. He'll be incandescent.

There he is busting his hump around the developing world selling advertising and the staff on the football side of the business are pissing away his efforts because they can't even catch a bus properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This was suggested a few months ago and it didn't pass a logic test for me, any money saved from Van Gaals payout would have been dwarfed by money for getting into the champions league. It would have been the height of idiocy to jeopardise the big payment trying to save the small one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Just nipped in... heard an unmerciful door slam
    ..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well at least Kryo's ignore list will be back down to 0.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    Well at least Kryo's ignore list will be back down to 0.. :D

I recently discovered that when you place a user on ignore their posts are totally eliminated on touch.boards.

On the full site they show up partially hidden and it can be hard to not click into a toolboxes post, kinda like picking a scab.

But the touch site has them completely hidden.

It makes match threads infinitely more readable when a certain type of poster is removed.

Moral of the story, I now only read the SF on touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Damn it's pretty dark in here today. Fans understandably not happy.

But not to worry. We'll cruise past West Ham on Wednesday evening probably with atleast 3-4 goals just like the good ole days, right guys? Ah who am I kidding....

It was games like these where we would finish the job in the first half and then rest key players for the weekend. Now the best we can hope for is that players will play in their natural positions and we can score a half decent goal. Can't see us winning. West Ham are on a massive high with their form while things just continue to get worse here ðŸ™ðŸ™

Poster was attacked.

gX274Yl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭billyhead

If ands its a big If Mourinho becomes our next manger are there any Chelsea players he might try and sign or that you would like at United. What about Willian?

I got to watch the game late last night. LVG is the master of his own undoing. After the game against Everton where he actually made some effective substitutions, he goes and does that yesterday ('that' being Ashley Young put up front in particular) and shows that after 2 seasons, he still hasn't a clue who his best 11 are or is fully aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the players at his disposal.

I don't doubt that if he was given the time and money to do this, LVG would continue with this trial and error approach for as long as he could get away with it. Not good enough. To be still trying to find your best team and to be still stomping square pegs down into round holes after almost 100 games in charge and a few hundred million spent is a sign that it will never work out with this manager.

At this stage, I consider Top 4 a lost cause and I think most rational fans would too. Yes, of course, I hope we get Top 4, but realistically I don't think we will now. That will leave us with 7th/4th/5th placed finishes in the league for the past three seasons. If that is not a big sign of us fading away and 'doing a Liverpool', I don't know what is.

Next season will be massive for United. There's not a hope of me looking anywhere near a PL title in terms of expectations, I just want to see our lads be strong and competitive again and not be finishing outside of the CL places. That would be a start for me as a fan. Another season in 2016/17 similar to the last 3 will cement our place as an upper mid-table team, no matter the clubs finances are like. Yes, financially speaking, we are up there with Real Madrid and Barcelona, but that's where the comparisons end. That fact should only directly benefit the executives of the club. In terms of football though, we are more like Malaga and Sevilla at the moment and are showing no signs of changing that as long as LVG remains in charge of the football.

billyhead wrote: »
    If ands its a big If Mourinho becomes our next manger are there any Chelsea players he might try and sign or that you would like at United. What about Willian?

I would say he would love Willian (I would too!) but I don't see it happening and beyond him I can't see him moving for any other chelsea player - at least none I think we could get that I would be arsed over us getting.

cesar azpilicueta, willian, hazard and oscar would be the only chelsea players I would like us to push for and I don't see any of them being surplus to requirements at Chelsea nor willing to push a bitter transfer to United though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would love to see United try to get Christensen.He's having a good season so far and is very highly rated.

I doubt United would be able to get any of the main players away from Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

No need of Chelsea players but he will get at least 2 players he tried to sign when he was at Chelsea, Martial and Shaw.

1 player whom he tried to sign from United and failed - Rooney.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement