Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Jayop wrote: »
    Yet we have a LB who's crap at CB playing there.

Logic.

Philosophy.

I'd say Blind is better at CB than Rojo is at LB though, not that that's saying much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

KH25 wrote: »
    Philosophy.

I'd say Blind is better at CB than Rojo is at LB though, not that that's saying much.

I'd disagree but not by much. Blind for me is just awful at CB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd disagree but not by much. Blind for me is just awful at CB

Fair enough. Think we can all agree we need a new CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lvg reins again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WELL DONE, FELLAINI!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The big fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

After Sunday I said I wasn't watching another game for the rest of the season.

I lied to myself. I'm watching this and loving it.

This bloody wonderful club brings out some strange emotions in me! But I love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

After Sunday I said I wasn't watching another game for the rest of the season.

I lied to myself. I'm watching this and loving it.

This bloody wonderful club brings out some strange emotions in me! But I love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What a season, so many lost opportunities and poor play, yet every time we are down to a must-win, last gasp point we pull a decent performance out of nowhere. Can't make sense of it, but ye gotta smile about it or you'd cry :D

And Rashers - what a find this season <3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** me, that last 5 minutes gave me a heart attack. What a goal from Rashford, what a preformance at the end from De Gea.

Can't believe how West Ham just didn't look all that bothered till they were 2 down. Everton at Wembley then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Get in. Good chance of winning this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Everton next lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

A Champion's League place really should go to the FA Cup winner.

problem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

This crazy season goes on :D

Some roller coaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Great up until West ham scored then it all went downhill. Good result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great goal by Rashford.

Solid game for Fellaini 7or8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That was satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Great goal by Rashford.

Solid game for Fellaini 7or8/10

Annoyed by the ref giving the free against fellaini in extra time,

Defensive he was very good, delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a beautiful surprise.

Anyone who can't see what Fellaini can add to the team is blind. He's not a world beater but he cane be an important part of the team. That axis of Fellaini a little deeper than Herrera works so simply but so beautifully. Fellaini forward to Herrera to pick out the runners.

Monster of a game from Rashford too apart from his sublime goal.

Mensah despite some naievety looks a real talent. Such power, presence and commitment as well as pace.

Dave was Dave.

Still can't defend the high ball for ****e.

Be nice when Van Gaals gone and someone gets this team firing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Champions League night and we beat a team away that we drew with a few weeks ago.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

LVG in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Pleasing performances from Rashford and TFM. Rashford still ought to be starting ahead of Rooney. De Gea - there is literally only 1 or 2 other players in the world at his level in his position.

We've not been great at all this season, but looking at the 3 other remaining teams we ought to win the cup now. Hopefully first bit of post-Fergie silverware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Didn't see that coming. Very good display for about 80 mins and then struggled a bit. De Gea is unreal and we have some fantastic young players at the club.

Fosu Mensah physically bullying West Ham players was great to watch, he bullied any player who challenged him and he turned 18 just 3 months back.

Rashford goal was great and he played very well. Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Fosu Mensah are all excellent young players to build the team on. Only positive this season, the performance of these young players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sand wrote: »
    Pleasing performances from Rashford and TFM. Rashford still ought to be starting ahead of Rooney. De Gea - there is literally only 1 or 2 other players in the world at his level in his position.

We've not been great at all this season, but looking at the 3 other remaining teams we ought to win the cup now. Hopefully first bit of post-Fergie silverware.
    I don't think that should even be a question for even the biggest Rooney fans at this point, apart from if Rashford needs rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

David De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world. The saves he made towards the end were simply exceptional.

Oh and that Rashford goal wasn't half bad either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

One of the most exciting things about Mensah is that he can also play mf. He's a monster of a boy considering he is only just 18!

Martial, Borthwick J, Rashford, Shaw, Mensah, Periera, And hopefully Memphis.

Some very very promising young lads.

Very satisfying result and i'm happy with the performances.

Rashford - wow

Mensah - what a beast. Early on he was caught out but he grew into the game, bossed it and ultimately Payet and Lanzini were very quiet. Even better he can play at both wings!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very glad of the result, and some pleasing performances. I just hope a cup win (if) would not give the board an excuse to keep LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Very satisfying result and i'm happy with the performances.

Rashford - wow

Mensah - what a beast. Early on he was caught out but he grew into the game, bossed it and ultimately Payet and Lanzini were very quiet. Even better he can play at both wings!!!

Every game I miss we seem to do unreal. How good was Rashford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »

Be nice when Van Gaals gone and someone gets this team firing.

He wont be going for another year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what a ****ing great night in more ways than one.

Ive said it before Simeone would be a great addition to the PL.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Every game I miss we seem to do unreal. How good was Rashford?

His goal was a thing of magic. Unreal composure and technique

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/tuv7.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Great night, all my teams that I am supporting tonight are winning :)

Ronaldo showed himself when needed, where is Messi tonight, Barcelona could do with Rashford or Fellaini :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Do you need a hug from Kate?

Of course
    But Anna more so

RobertKK wrote: »

Ronaldo showed himself when needed, where is Messi tonight, Barcelona could do with Rashford or Fellaini :P

Dont forget Jesse the English Iniesta Lingard :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

His goal was a thing of magic. Unreal composure and technique

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/tuv7.mp4

Was that not Lingard?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A great ****ing night for change

Choo choo!!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    He wont be going for another year :)

Oh he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What a delightful night :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Simeone would be a godsend. Can you all finally see it? How does he keep doing it. He's a phenomenon, if it's possible we have to go all out to get him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RobertKK wrote: »

It's hilarious to think how differently it would be looked at had Messi scored a second leg hat trick for a 3-2 aggregate win, while Ronaldo had been reasonably quiet as his team went out.

Like someone said yesterday, we're lucky to be watching what might even be arguable the best two players of all time (as opposed to 'two of the best') and it just really irritates (well used to irritate, now amuses) me the sheer hatred so many have of the fact that one is as good as the other. I wouldn't mind if not for the fact so much of the media not only get in on this agenda, but also actively push it as far as they can. So much early investment into loving Messi and into hating Ronaldo (the ABU effect in no small part) that they seem to almost think they would be betraying themselves in turning back on it now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's hilarious to think how differently it would be looked at had Messi scored a second leg hat trick for a 3-2 aggregate win, while Ronaldo had been reasonably quiet as his team went out.

Very true, and Eamon Dunphy making excuses that Messi is troubled over his connection to the Panama papers.

I hope we get Ronaldo in the summer.Doubt it with no CL football, but maybe Chelsea help us out on Saturday.

Oh he will.

why do you ruin tonight for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Simeone would be a godsend. Can you all finally see it? How does he keep doing it. He's a phenomenon, if it's possible we have to go all out to get him.

To be blunt, why would he leave? He's very obviously passionate about the project he's got going there, and it's working big time. He would be, sadly, taking a big step down leaving that Atletico team to come to us right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To be blunt, why would he leave? He's very obviously passionate about the project he's got going there, and it's working big time. He would be, sadly, taking a big step down leaving that Atletico team to come to us right now.

Oh I agree. It would be a step down. It's the response I got here previously when I mentioned him that irked me. He wouldn't suit us etc. Watch them play they can adjust perfectly to any situation. He's the best coach in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Headshot wrote: »
    why do you ruin tonight for me

What? I'm disagreeing and saying he will be gone. Jayo26 seems to think he will see out his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Great night of football, Utd go through to the semis and Uefalona out in the qtrs.

Sometimes football gets it right............sometimes.

What? I'm disagreeing and saying he will be gone. Jayo26 seems to think he will see out his contract.

phew I should've read the previous posts

what a relief lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

#THERASH that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Van Gaal is so frustrating. He makes us look sh*te, his position is questioned by the media and fans, responds with great wins and goes back to the sh*t after he feels he has made us look good and attention about his position goes away. Surely I can't be the only one that thinks this?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement