Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I do know it's a worry, but given how disgusted I would be with what you describe, for my own sanity, I have to believe the opposite.

Same here. I simply refuse to believe that the club would be so negligent as to take such a risk. It has been discussed to death in here but Giggs being appointed manager simply cannot be allowed to happen. The risk is too great, and the potential fallout could set the club back years on top of our current 3 years in limbo.

If Jose, or someone of his calibre is not our next manager then it's time to have genuine worry about the direction of the club IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ffhvXsS.jpg
    Thank f*** for that, the thought of pretending it's still 2008 in 20 years time scares the crap out of me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    Everytime we win there is LVG/giggs in articles. When we lose its Jose in Articles.. on Monday most of the press were creaming themselves about Jose and who he was going to sign. Then we win and all ofor a sudden it's LVG is staying and then handing over to giggs..

I for one am still thoroughly convinced that Jose Mourinho will be our new Manager come next season.

based on this, my worry is that the final decision will be based solely on our result on the final day of the season against Bournemouth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm 99% certain that LVG won't be here next season regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

The atmosphere among the fan base has been toxic, the football has been dire and the results poor. I think people are guilty of overthinking things - it's quite an easy, straightforward decision that LVG leaves in the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

On this day in 1999.

On the way to a history making, generation defining domestic and European Cup treble. The season that cemented United at the top of the English food chain.

I vividly remember watching it live and my then 10 year old brother screaming the house down when it went in.

A real goosebump moment.

On this day in 1999.

On the way to a history making, generation defining domestic and European Cup treble. The season that cemented United at the top of the English food chain.

I vividly remember watching it live and my then 10 year old brother screaming the house down when it went in.

A real goosebump moment.

Greatest FA Cup goal in possibly the best FA Cup semi final ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Remember that like it was yesterday. Watched it in my nanny's and went nuts when Giggs scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^ That game had absolutely everything. I remember also watching it and the heart nearly exploding out of my chest at various points in the game. Some seriously great players on that pitch that day, across both sides. While Sky Sports and what not go on about the Liverpool -Newcastle 4-3 game being the best in EPL history I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that United - Arsenal game was possibly the best FA Cup game of the modern era of the Cup and English football full stop. That goal though.... what a moment.

Schmeiks with the penalty save near the end too, unbelievable scenes at the cruicible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Blatter wrote: »
    I think people are guilty of overthinking things - it's quite an easy, straightforward decision that LVG leaves in the Summer.

It was an easy, straightforward decision that he be turfed out before January, with the added bonus that we could have salvaged this season. But it didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Schmeiks with the penalty save near the end too, unbelievable scenes at the cruicible.

jeez the heart sank when Phil gave away that peno. Bergkamp against Schmeichel with not long to go at all. how that save changed history as much as that goal did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Blatter wrote: »
    I'm 99% certain that LVG won't be here next season regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

The atmosphere among the fan base has been toxic, the football has been dire and the results poor. I think people are guilty of overthinking things - it's quite an easy, straightforward decision that LVG leaves in the Summer.

But it's bad that many of us still wouldn't put money on it because we don't trust the Club to make easy, straightforward decisions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Discodog wrote: »
    But it's bad that many of us still wouldn't put money on it because we don't trust the Club to make easy, straightforward decisions.

For the record, I have put money on it in a charity bet with Jayo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

:):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Eastenders is comical tonight, really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

ElChe32 wrote:

Hollychoaks is even better! !

jayo26 wrote: »
    :):):):):):):):):)

Back to being a Rodgers team I see.

Back to being a Rodgers team I see.

They are only a klopp team when they are winning not his fault when they loose players are ****.

I miss that loveable scamp shinji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

ElChe32 wrote: »

Guess it helps when he's playing in a side that actually wants to play football on the ground and stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Amazing a team with the mighty Coutinho could be losing to a team with someone like that who only has only won 3 league titles and a German cup. Clearly not fit to lace his boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's crazy....someone over on the eastenders stated Origi is Martial and Rashford rolled into one....but better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

It's crazy....someone over on the eastenders stated Origi is Martial and Rashford rolled into one....but better

Sure Sterling was the best young player in the world until he wanted to leave :rolleyes: Then he was overrated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Guess it helps when he's playing in a side that actually wants to play football on the ground and stuff!

I think shinji would have been a great buy. Sadly RVP became available at the time and you just couldn't have him in a team with RVP and ROONEY.

If he was behind Rooney i think long term it would have been better for United. I rate him more than Mata and feel the 40 million for Mata could a have gone towards a top class winger the same as the 23 million for RVP.

But hey.. ifs and buts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Most enjoyable non united week of European football ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Unearthly wrote: »

Well........If our neighbours had of been beaten, If Carlsberg done non-united weeks of European Football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Phil Mitchell still on the vodka?

Only reason I'm happy is because if we do manage to get 4th spot and City win European cup we still quality..........

........ No honest it is the only reason

:):):):):):):):)

• Unearthly wrote: »

Too soon!! Youre a jinx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sure Sterling was the best young player in the world until he wanted to leave :rolleyes: Then he was overrated :D
    "Mark Gonzalez is miles better than Cristiano Ronaldo. We're gonna win the league this year."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Too soon!! Youre a jinx!

Boooooooooom!

Sakho is like the Liverpool version of Fellaini he is at fault for everything lol.

Sakho is like the Liverpool version of Fellaini he is at fault for everything lol.

He is wildly inconsistent.

He was their best player against us but then other times he completely shyts the bed.

He is wildly inconsistent.

He was their best player against us but then other times he completely shyts the bed.

Sounds like our Marian so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Any sighting of Bangkok yet

brinty wrote: »
    Any sighting of Bangkok yet

He is at home with some garlic and a Big Fell voodoo doll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I blame all of you.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I blame all of you.

Credit where its due, they deserve it.

If that was us, 2 down after less than 15 minutes we would have rolled over and gotten spanked.

They have not given up.

Thats the difference with us and them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They defo deserve it!

Also they allways look comfortable on the ball! We don't! They ripped us a new one in the last round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

If that was us, 2 down after less than 15 minutes we would have rolled over and gotten spanked.

They have not given up.

Much as it pains me I have to agree with that.

• Advertisement

Did I just head Liverpool fans singing "Attack, attack, attack attack attack"?

Ahh lads fair fuk to them tho great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xl8mHAb.gif

Fair fvcks. I hate them but fair fvcks. That's a top drawer side they've done it to.

kstand wrote: »
    Did I just head Liverpool fans singing "Attack, attack, attack attack attack"?

It works for them

This is worse than when Ian Beal was homeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

You wasted your evening mate, BT Sport had all the action. You can always catch the highlights

It works for them

Will work for us again too, just not under LVG.
    I was watching some of the stuff on Sky today and there was this half hour doc about Rinus Michels. He trained the **** out of Ajax which was unheard of them Barca who hadn't won a league in 12 years took him on. And the first thing he said he noticed was that the Spannish players didn't respond well to any criticism either training or from the crowd in games or from the media. But the Dutch players from an early age were used to it. Now that spoke volumes to me. He (LVG) is used to berating people from an early age but it doesn't work elsewhere. Maybe that has something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What if Liverpool win europa and city the champions league.

I think I just threw up in my own mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Missed it how did it end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement