Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If this finishes 1-1 then LVG should be sacked on the way down to the dressing room.

Came in to post this, almost word for word. So fcuking pissed off this is what he has done to United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

This is where possession football ought to be used to kill the game off, make them run and chase. But it just devolves into utter panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well were going down anyways, its not the worst to lose to ye if it means ye get CL over city and Pep :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Typical LVG substitution.

Why can't we ever finish games off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,373 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hanging on for a 1-0 vs the one of the worst sides to ever play in the PL. Its just shockingly crap. So painful to watch.

great chance for memphis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Typical LVG substitution.

Why can't we ever finish games off

difference between fergie era and now,

Oh we're only one nil up and they are attacking??

Fergie, throw on some strikers and finish them off.

now? Throw on defenders and hopefully cling onto the lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah that would have been a good goal. Lovely ball by Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Phew :rolleyes:

Sad to see a club like Villa go down, but jaysus they are terrible and we're not that much better

Scrap the cap!

difference between fergie era and now,

Oh we're only one nil up and they are attacking??

Fergie, throw on some strikers and finish them off.

now? Throw on defenders and hopefully cling onto the lead

so true!!! Fergie would have put on Chicarito and let him finish the game off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Running down the clock at home against a team relegated in April.

Van Gaal Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Really ought to be 3-0 up and relaxed, but the team makes very, very, very hard work of creating and finishing chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Taking the ball into the corner against the wipping boys of the league... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh lads the shame of it.. Holding the ball up at the corner flag against one of the worst teams in premierleague history... Lvg should be ashamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Korat wrote: »
    Running down the clock at home against a team relegated in April.

Van Gaal Out!

Actually embarrassing. If he is not gone in the summer, I've lost all hope for us being successful for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

3 points in the bag

Now time to support Chelsea *vomit*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

hanging on for a 1-0 vs the one of the worst sides to ever play in the PL. Its just shockingly crap. So painful to watch.

The club hierarchy can hang their head in shames for trying to save a few quid. That team could be firmly in CL places already if the change had of happened in December. Thankfully it's nearly over.

I hope most of the boos were from united fans and not Villa fans. Feel sorry for the villa fans tho they have also been cheated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's actually amazing how he hasn't learned anything from being content to piss about for an hour with a goal lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The important thing was the win.

But United should be scoring more than 1 goal against one of the worst teams in PL history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Paddy Crerand "That was Awful, Rubish and Poor"

Sums it up

Paddy Crerand:"Rubbish, poor and awful".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The club hierarchy can hang their head in shames for trying to save a few quid. That team could be firmly in CL places already if the change had of happened in December. Thankfully it's nearly over.

I doubt it was penny pinching and more to do with the state of the football side of the "company".

I think there is internal conflict on what is best. The owners could easily move Woodward on if he gets it wrong again.

Its easy for us to say get in Jose or whoever and it's just as easy to scream sack Jose next Christmas if things are going bad. Woodward and co don't have that option. Its a huge mess and the pressure is on to make the right decisions this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2015/16 - 32 games, 53 points, 40 goals, 30 conceded, +9 - Van Gaal can work wonders for our club,give him the chance.

2013/14 - 32 games, 54 points, 52 goals, 38 conceded, +14 - Moyes is a fraud. Deservedly sacked.

Miserable,absolute dross that sucks the enjoyment out of watching football.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    2015/16 - 32 games, 53 points, 40 goals, 30 conceded, +9 - Van Gaal can work wonders for our club,give him the chance.

2013/14 - 32 games, 54 points, 52 goals, 38 conceded, +14 - Moyes is a fraud. Deservedly sacked.

Were we much better last year after 32 games?.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I like to believe the only reason he is still in a job is because the rest of the usual suspects have been so poor this season.

I'd be interested to see the stats of the teams above us wrt the Moyes season at this stage.

I loved that addidas add at start of season but it just makes me cringe everytime I see it after the year we have had.

What summed up today and 99% of the season in one moment today was us getting a free 40 yards from goal at a decent angle yet Schneiderlin turns his back to the goal and plays the free backwards.Playing like this against the worst team in the league is cowardice on behalf of the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

was off playing golf with the Aul lad, take it I should be glad i missed it?

• Advertisement

Ahh stop lvg is unreal his interviews stating the obvious but hasn't done a thing about it.

For the next two hours we are all Chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RobertKK wrote: »
    For the next two hours we are all Chelsea fans.

At this stage I'm beyond caring, I genuinely believe if we get CL LVG is going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sleep walked our way through yet another game. Awful stuff.

That sub at the end. Mata off for Mensah. That pissed me off no end. Some might say it was pragmatic, Utd had been under pressure for a few minutes before it. I call it cowardice and sums up Van Gaals approach to football since his time at Utd. It also helps set and rubber stamp the atmosphere and culture at the club. Throwing on a defensive player for an attacking player against possibly the worst team to ever grace the premiership is cowardly and not becoming of a Manchaster Utd manager.

As for the keeping it in the corners towards the end. **** off you absolute cowards.

I'm astonished this nonsense has been allowed develop for so long.

The club as a whole should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

• Do you know what's gutting, I didn't even get to watch the match and from reading here we were a disgrace against the worst side in PL history.

It's ****ing depressing

I would always watch MOTD if I manage to miss a match but to be honest why should I tonight?

City in front. :(

Bollocks!!

Please Chelsea - do us a favour would ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Even if Citee slipped up (won't happen), United would have to capitalise on it (won't happen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

At this stage I'm beyond caring, I genuinely believe if we get CL LVG is going nowhere.

jesus dont say that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea players are on the beach already and the ones who have the Euros are probably only putting in a token effort.

No chance of them getting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

how did Memphis do overall? Looking at a highlights pack of him, seems to he did alright? Accurate?

First game I've missed in donkeys today, reading this thread seems like a blessing in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I honestly dont want us to lose games but part of me wants us to not get CL football to guarantee lvg exit.

he in my opinion has caused the club harm by instilling this ****e football into the team

can jose kill off the lvg factor though and get the team playing fearlessly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

On the phone, what's the full title of this video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

TheDoc wrote: »
    how did Memphis do overall? Looking at a highlights pack of him, seems to he did alright? Accurate?

First game I've missed in donkeys today, reading this thread seems like a blessing in disguise

He played alright against a rubbish team. Not good enough for a United winger.

TheDoc wrote: »

Was poor in the first half but a lot better in the second with a couple of glimpses of magic that we all he he possesses.

It's a bit of a catch 22 with him IMO. He's been poor overall. He seems the sort of player that needs a run of games to get his confidence back but offers little to nothing when not in form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have a feeling that LVG will still be here next season (even if we miss out on 4th) as he was an Ed Woodward appointment and he wants to save face rather then sack him even though he has been diabolical this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Ah well,Thursday nights it is then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

What a ****e season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement