Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

More of a cripple fight than a dog fight.

Yes and to be honest it's the only thing I have faith in Arsenal to do well.

Wenger in a battle for fourth is like Fergie fighting for the title.

Nobody does OK better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads I don't know if it has been discussed but if city win the cl and finish 4th do we qualify if we finish 5th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes and to be honest it's the only thing I have faith in Arsenal to do well.

Wenger in a battle for fourth is like Fergie fighting for the title.

Nobody does OK better

Where does it end for Wenger?

Season after season of this, surely the level of underachievement must be forcing him to consider his position as it seems certain he will never be fired.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads I don't know if it has been discussed but if city win the cl and finish 4th do we qualify if we finish 5th?

Nope we sure dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No

• Advertisement

Where does it end for Wenger?

Season after season of this, surely the level of underachievement must be forcing him to consider his position as it seems certain he will never be fired.

For me...and I'm as pro Wenger as it gets(well almost, maybe apart from a Wenger himself), he's got a year left on his contract.

He'll stay for it but I think anything other than a serious attempt to plough money into the team in summer and he should just go now instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

If we end up in 4th with City in 5th but City win the CL and Liverpool win the Europa do we still get in the CL?

No.

But if City finish 5th and win the CL AND Liverpool win the Europa league, they both get CL at the expense of fourth place.

If Arsenal beat City it's so on!!!!

It would be hilariously weird.

If we end up in 4th with City in 5th but City win the CL and Liverpool win the Europa do we still get in the CL?

Yeah this!!

No you'd be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No, City and Liverpool would qualify in that situation. Max of 5 teams from any country for champions league. We'd get Europa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will be delighted if Mourinho does eventually come in. 3 years later than I would like. It might not go right, but I've more confidence in him than I ever would have in Moyes or LVG - and at least I'll know either way. Will also ensure an interseting summer and a reason to be optimistic again. I also hold out hope for Herrera to both stay, and become an important player - I can see him taking a Lampard-esque role and doing well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

zerks wrote: »

Is Luckhurst reliable? I love and hate these next few months each year in equal measure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Will be delighted if Mourinho does eventually come in. 3 years later than I would like. It might not go right, but I've more confidence in him than I ever would have in Moyes or LVG - and at least I'll know either way. Will also ensure an interseting summer and a reason to be optimistic again. I also hold out hope for Herrera to both stay, and become an important player - I can see him taking a Lampard-esque role and doing well with it.

I would thank this post a million times if I could. I've said this to people repeatedly that I think Mourhino would give Herrera this role. At least I'm not mad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Antibac wrote: »
    Is Luckhurst reliable? I love and hate these next few months each year in equal measure

Would have him on Tier 2 myself. Not perfect but better than a lot of them.

Edit. That said, looks like a reprint of the stories from the Mirror and Red Issue yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/JackWilshere/status/721758200626880512

notice the image down the bottom of the picture? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

astradave wrote: »

Ha, that's not his actual account is it?

Ha, that's not his actual account is it?

Yeap, verified and all. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

astradave wrote: »

**** its removed.

what was it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Headshot wrote: »
    **** its removed.

what was it

This.

383523.jpeg

**** its removed.

what was it

don't worry i have it saved :pac:

TUYlleW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I see the our year posts popping up in the Liverpool thread nice and early :)

good auld Jack

Not the smartest lad around

I might be dumb, but what's the big deal with Jack's picture?

Did he only put it up after the game or something?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I might be dumb, but what's the big deal with Jack's picture?

Did he only put it up after the game or something?

This :D
    CwZFpmC.png

Antibac wrote: »

i don't think he has good contacts himself, or is particularly tight with anyone in the know - but he has got himself a gig and the MEN and subscriptions to Red Issue and UWS. I've never seen him say anything that I haven't seen on Red Issue or UWS the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Good spot Astradave :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    This is a ridiculous statement. Ranieiri is barely above average in terms of managers.

I think that most of your average professional managers would have had United comfortably top four the past 3 seasons, it really is hard to understate just how badly Moyes and especially Van Gaal have ****ed up their jobs.

There is a reason top four should be a minimum requirement at a club like ours, all things considered any competent manager should be able to achieve it.

• Advertisement

• Jose doing his rounds on Twitter today...what's the source of all the commotion??

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jose doing his rounds on Twitter today...what's the source of all the commotion??

Think The Mirror started it yesterday by saying Jose had won the war over Fergie. Red Issue reiterated it. Bild in Germany said the deal is done and contract signed. And Luckhurst in the MEN reiterated all that in an article himself.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jose doing his rounds on Twitter today...what's the source of all the commotion??

there have been a few general reports over the last few days that it is getting closer. Bild, seemingly, saying it is a done deal - contract signed through to 2019.

Red Issue (whether you rate them at all is your own thing) are saying there are strong signs that the anti-mourinho camp at United have given up, with more signs expected in the papers on Tuesday.

There is, as far as I am aware, no specific story - just a collection, and a poor performance vs Villa yesterday.

there have been a few general reports over the last few days that it is getting closer. Bild, seemingly, saying it is a done deal - contract signed through to 2019.

Red Issue (whether you rate them at all is your own thing) are saying there are strong signs that the anti-mourinho camp at United have given up, with more signs expected in the papers on Tuesday.

There is, as far as I am aware, no specific story - just a collection, and a poor performance vs Villa yesterday.

When I hear all these stories there is a part of me that wonders why on earth one of the worlds most accomplished managers would let himself be led along in this manner? If I was Jose with his record I would perhaps feel that I shouldn't have to wait around like this, United in their current mess should have been down on their knees months ago begging him to take the job.

Obviously the club is bigger than any manager but the point remains, Jose might well feel that if United didn't want him when he was available then they can go take a jump should they finally get round to asking him in the summer.

Can you imagine any club doing the same to Guardiola?

If/when Jose gets the job it won't end the speculation about WTF went on behind the scenes at Utd this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Toobz wrote: »
    I see the our year posts popping up in the Liverpool thread nice and early :)

After the other night and people prematurely shooting their loads in here, I'd wait a while before laughing at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

When I hear all these stories there is a part of me that wonders why on earth one of the worlds most accomplished managers would let himself be led along in this manner? If I was Jose with his record I would perhaps feel that I shouldn't have to wait around like this, United in their current mess should have been down on their knees months ago begging him to take the job.

Obviously the club is bigger than any manager but the point remains, Jose might well feel that if United didn't want him when he was available then they can go take a jump should they finally get round to asking him in the summer.

Can you imagine any club doing the same to Guardiola?

Guardiola was out of contract so very simple appointment.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Guardiola was out of contract so very simple appointment.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mourinho is not in the greatest of positions himself, hence why he's waiting around. There are very few truly top level jobs going to be available this summer. Unless PSG decided to dump Blanc, where else could he conceivably take a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Mourinho is not in the greatest of positions himself, hence why he's waiting around. There are very few truly top level jobs going to be available this summer. Unless PSG decided to dump Blanc, where else could he conceivably take a job?

Fairly sure Madrid would take him and even a tiny chance of Barca.

More bold claims from Red Issue.

https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/721760519682523136
    https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/721761009019412481

Don't like the language used....Van Loony and The Snake (Giggs).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Just watching MOTD. Jonathan Moss is an absolute disgrace.

FFS this is the kind of crap that comes from letting this mess go on for so long. It's just tattle but there should be no opportunity for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

mewe wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD. Jonathan Moss is an absolute disgrace.

Definitely one of the worst going. Shocking performance today.

KH25 wrote: »
    Definitely one of the worst going. Shocking performance today.

What happened?

https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/721760519682523136
    https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/721761009019412481

Pity about the childish names. I dont think alot of Giggs in the backroom staff and as a person but he deserves better than the "The Snake" crap. He was a very good player for us, he deserves more respect

Pity about the childish names. I dont think alot of Giggs in the backroom staff and as a person but he deserves better than the "The Snake" crap. He was a very good player for us, he deserves more respect

Exactly and how does anyone know Giggs is trying to get the main job. There has been no credible sources on this just loads of rag nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What happened?

He gave Vardy a second yellow for a dive inside the box and sent him off and then gave West Ham a peno for more or less the same thing.

mewe wrote: »
    He gave Vardy a second yellow for a dive inside the box and sent him off and then gave West Ham a peno for more or less the same thing.

He also was looking directly at Huth being held around the neck at a corner and waved penalty claims away.

Well, if they are referring to Giggs as the The Snake (which is obviously the simple pleasing the masses candidate) then surely Giggs the person is very deserving of the title Snake given his actions in his personal life.

On the pitch as a player I can't fault him for what he did for the club, seems like he leaves a lot to be desired away from playing football though.

Yeah, the more you think about it, the more perfect the moniker snake becomes for a man who shagged his brothers wife......a lot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement