Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'll take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He won't be a CM though

Edit: And actually, it would hardly be the first time a manager has stuck him in midfield.

I'd prefer Fellaini instead of Rooney but other then that I'm actually pretty happy with the team all things considered.

It made more sense than Mata when looking at the lineup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What a horrible OG :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought og had been shipped out with the rest of them. :pac:

Nice.

Lots of empty seats by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Unbelievable

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

adox wrote: »
    Lots of empty seats by the looks of it.
    Don't think I have ever seen OT as empty for a Premier League game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If Lukaku wanted to leave i can't blame him,watching Everton tonight they are all over the place, not alert and no rhythm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Any of you men/women/children/mythical creatures that still want Stones for Utd should get off the crack pipe, the man's average at best,another game here where he's been awful,this is the 5th or 6th game i've seen him this season and not 1 good performance has he had and there was a game earlier in the season he was hilariously bad,i think it was the Arsenal game and the much maligned Giroud absolutely embarassed the lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any of you men that still want Stones for Utd should get off the crack pipe, the man's average at best,another game here where he's been awful,this is the 5th or 6th game i've seen him this season and not 1 good performance has he had and there was a game earlier in the season he was hilariously bad,i think it was the Arsenal game and the much maligned Giroud absolutely embarassed the lad.

You're being kind, he's bloody shíte.

Any of you men that still want Stones for Utd should get off the crack pipe, the man's average at best,another game here where he's been awful,this is the 5th or 6th game i've seen him this season and not 1 good performance has he had and there was a game earlier in the season he was hilariously bad,i think it was the Arsenal game and the much maligned Giroud absolutely embarassed the lad.

What if Mars Bar wants him?

J. Marston wrote: »
    You're being kind, he's bloody shíte.

I was holding back :D

adox wrote: »
    What if Mars Bar wants him?

Ammended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What a peach from the patchy bearded one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

dubmick wrote: »
    Darmian worries me

Boom

• Advertisement

Have the Everton game on tv, if we don't win the FA cup it'll be a massive failure. 3 poor teams left, 4 neutrals would argue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Funes mori suspended for Everton at the weekend and stones gone off with an injury although he is playing so ****e I hope he is there at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cleverly to score the winner at the weekend :)

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well we've softened them up for ya!

Well we've softened them up for ya!

Its actually embarrassing how bad Everton are

• Advertisement

• Hococop wrote: »
    Its actually embarrassing how bad Everton are

Keep saying it but they need Moyes back IMO

Not to bring thread off-topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Keep saying it but they need Moyes back IMO

Celtic bound I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

John Stones = Phil Jones 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Very flat atmosphere and game. Still in with a good chance for top 4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Never needed to get out of first gear to beat Palace. They were incredibly poor. First half had plenty of shots but none were particularly good. Second half had one shot that was cracking.

We're doing well, but can't help but feel a massive part of that is we're playing teams with nothing left to play for, and who really aren't even challenging us at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

3. CITY 61pts
    4. ARSENAL 60pts (game in hand)
    5. UNITED 59pts

Fixtures:

ARSENAL — Wbrom (h), Sunderland (a), Norwich (h), City (a), Villa (h)

CITY — Stoke (h), Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), Swansea (a)

UNITED — Leicester (h), Norwich (a), Wham (a), Bournemouth (h)

There can be no ****ing doubt that it's very much on now again. That was a potential banana skin right there and with Vardy out for the Leicester game means that's a lot more winnable. To me now West Ham looks like the most difficult game we have left. It's at Upton Park and their last game there so I'd expect a big performance and a massive reaction from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Never needed to get out of first gear to beat Palace. They were incredibly poor. First half had plenty of shots but none were particularly good. Second half had one shot that was cracking.

We're doing well, but can't help but feel a massive part of that is we're playing teams with nothing left to play for, and who really aren't even challenging us at all.

That will change in next league match with Leicester.

TheTownie wrote: »
    That will change in next league match with Leicester.

I have had a feeling we'd beat them for a while now and Vardy missing for them is huge. They look absolutely exhausted lately so hopefully at OT we can put them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Top 4 is pretty much in our own hands because City and Arsenal play each other and obviously one or both will drop points.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Top 4 is pretty much in our own hands because City and Arsenal play each other and obviously one or both will drop points.

We need city to drop 3 points as it stands. If they both win all their other games and draw that then we still lose out.

• Advertisement

Like I'm not going to write off our attacking players under Van Gaal I'm not going to write off Stones under Martinez, if anything this season will lower his fee to a more reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Like I'm not going to write off our attacking players under Van Gaal I'm not going to write off Stones under Martinez, if anything this season will lower his fee to a more reasonable price.

absolutely. Martinez teams cannot defend. It's like he doesn't know what to tell the players.

United's position based solely on Home games: 1st

United's position based solely on Away games: 10th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Uniteds position on goals scored 10th

United's position on chances created 19th

Just my little extra ;)

So we should be sound against Leicester but West Ham could cause us a problem like I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great to see Own Goal making comeback after long absence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Great to see Own Goal making comeback after long absence

too right old friend

I've decided I'm getting

Own Goal

on my next jersey.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Looking at table and remaining fixtures..... and our roller coaster season.... we won't get 4th. Just my opinion.... our miserable goal difference will do us...
    Unbelievably LVG future should not matter whether we get 4th or not...he's been piss poor. That bleedin clip board really gets on my wick, our stats alone for the season are really terrible...Moyes was sacked for less. Really hope the board gets their act together. At this stage the best we can hope for is 4th... FA cup winners and LVG gone.....but will it happen.... jeez our expectations have really nose dived.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Something has me questioning does Ferguson really want to be successful after he finished up.

Moyes was his golden boy championed by him and failed as job ate him up, lvg again backed to the teeth by him and still is and he has been absolutely piss poor.

When we had a chance to sign big name manager when he was retiring we didn't, now it's blatantly obvious change was needed months ago and nothing done.

I know the club is fergies baby but is it just that he doesn't want the special one to build a legacy after his tenure

I know this post is all over the place apologies about that rushing to college here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Something has me questioning does Ferguson really want to be successful after he finished up.

Moyes was his golden boy championed by him and failed as job ate him up, lvg again backed to the teeth by him and still is and he has been absolutely piss poor.

When we had a chance to sign big name manager when he was retiring we didn't, now it's blatantly obvious change was needed months ago and nothing done.

I know the club is fergies baby but is it just that he doesn't want the special one to build a legacy after his tenure

I know this post is all over the place apologies about that rushing to college here

I had thought about that too. Seems strange but suppose there is no way we can know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If we don't win the cup lads it will be worse than anything we have done over the last 3 years

There are literally no excuses for not winning it.

None.

Ahh lads fergie is not the one stopping the club from changing manager or signing a top manager Of course he is going to publicly back lvg anyone at club would. Fergie has no influence over the decision next not to the extent of not having jose anyway.

I disagree with the notion Fergie doesn't want the club to be successful. I think he just wants the success to come from his own foundations. I think he probably genuinely believes Giggs is the man who he can trust to continue his own legacy, and that continuity would be in the best interest of the club.

If we don't win the cup lads it will be worse than anything we have done over the last 3 years

There are literally no excuses for not winning it.

None.

After watching Everton last night no excuse not yo make the final they were embarrassing, yet we will somehow make it difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have resigned myself to being stuck with LVG next year :mad:

Have resigned myself to being stuck with LVG next year :mad:

Welcome to my side its been lonely here for the past two months :);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I disagree with the notion Fergie doesn't want the club to be successful. I think he just wants the success to come from his own foundations. I think he probably genuinely believes Giggs is the man who he can trust to continue his own legacy, and that continuity would be in the best interest of the club.

I think with Ferguson, his own massive self confidence blinded him when making certain decisions.
    He made so many correct decisions over the years, he couldn't see a situation where he could be wrong.
    Eg, selling Stam. Huge mistake. Everyone said so at the time. But Ferguson convinced himself that it was in the clubs best interests, even though all those around him would've disagreed.
    Same I think, occurred when it came to hiring Moyes and guiding Giggs towards the managers chair.
    His thinking may be " I'm right. I know I'm right. This is the best thing for the club. I'll push this through and everyone will come around to my way of thinking"
    Problem is, his aura at the club is so great, he may get his way again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I don't think that Ferguson doesn't want the club to be successful.

I do think that Ferguson wants to make sure he's seen to have a large say in any decisions that might lead to future success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

honestly, I think I would be ok with us not getting a CL place as long as it means LVG is gone. We won't do anything under his terrible leadership, and certainly won't make any impression on the CL - so getting it and him staying will mean, imo, no potential for progress or correction of the actual football team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement