Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We made hard bloody work of it.

Beautiful to stuff it down the throats of a couple of the knuckle draggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Herrera did what he had to do when he was pulling back Barkley. Not quite Solksjaer against Newcastle but still had to be done!

A rugby tackle according the BBC. I did laugh at that. A booking for sure but Jaysus, he pulled his shirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

#football
    #bloodyhell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

poj0j

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Watford or Palace,who'd we like ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

LVG very emotional- teary eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

It's absolutely baffling how Martial wasn't on the player OR young player of the year short-list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The **** is LVG having a rant about refs for when we won?

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Watford or Palace,who'd we like ?

Both look easy on paper but Everton did too and look how we nearly ****ed that up. It will be a struggle whichever team it is but based on the last game against them, I'd take Palace. They were beyond awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fellaini is love.

Fellaini is life.

This is for you

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The **** is LVG having a rant about refs for when we won?

He, LVG, did his best to screw us over.

The Fellaini sub was baffling.

We sat back and let them into it and we should have lost if Rom kept his cool.

Brilliant to be back in the cup final but I'd sacrifice it in a heartbeat if it helps keep him in a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

That's probably the best Utd performance since Fergie left but we still couldn't kill off a poor Everton team. LVG still has to go asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

#WellDoneFellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a joy Martial and Rashford are to watch

Rooney had a really good game today. Possibly his best of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fuk that it's beer time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

twinex wrote: »
    It's absolutely baffling how Martial wasn't on the player OR young player of the year short-list.

It's not really. Its player of the year. Not player that was great in parts and below par for other parts of the season list. The consistently good players get it. Which he wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Herrera did what he had to do when he was pulling back Barkley. Not quite Solksjaer against Newcastle but still had to be done!

True, but there was no need for him to act the fanny afterwards though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Rooney had a really good game today. Possibly his best of the season.

Thought he had a very good first half, but seemed to vanish in the second. But then, so did Carrick and Lingard, and I'd blame LVG's usual "We're 1-0 up, everyone stop attacking" philosophy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,649 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What a joy Martial and Rashford are to watch

I really do enjoy watching Rashford play - that little trick he pulled when laying the ball on for an overlapping Valencia. And 18 year with only a few games shouldn't have the stones to try that in an FA cup semi-final...hopefully he continues to develop in the next few seasons.

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Fuk that it's beer time
    Fact
    Gonna get 2 bottles of wine into the missus then ride her silly

Go on Utd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember this sh1te.

B6rvI90.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

sooooo.

How do I get FA Cup tickets :-D :-D :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Korat wrote: »
    That's probably the best Utd performance since Fergie left but we still couldn't kill off a poor Everton team. LVG still has to go asap.

You'd think getting us to an FA Cup final would buy Van Gaal an hour or two of good grace but nope, "Van Gaal out" 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not really. Its player of the year. Not player that was great in parts and below par for other parts of the season list. The consistently good players get it. Which he wasn't.

He's been Utds most consistent player this season along with De Gea.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You'd think getting us to an FA Cup final would buy Van Gaal an hour or two of good grace but nope, "Van Gaal out" 15 minutes after the final whistle.

It was the individual brilliance of Martial and DDG and hard work by Fellaini that have us in the cup final tbh.

Proper order too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

J. Marston wrote:

After that baffling couple of decisions it buys him no grace
    Same as I'm still unconvinced by Fellaini despite him having a bloody good couple of games
    Same as I've said Mike Smalling is still not a great Centre half or leader at the back

#perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

That was deadly. My little fella is 19 months old and normally when i shout at the screen either in joy or anger he gets frightened but today he took a second and started cheering too.

Martial stroking the ball past a goal keeper is a beautiful sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When any of us look for Fellaini to be sold, we should remember today. He has played a big role in the FA cup campaign to get us to a final.
    Goal in quarter final.
    Goal in semifinal.
    He deserves to start the final too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The commentators giving Herrera a hard time for his "stupid rugby tackle" would be the same ones praising Rooney or Barkley for "taking one for the team"

Thought Fellaini was excellent today, Rojo piss poor, cant wait for Shaw to come back.

I was looking at Martial on the wing at the end and I thought to myself he's wrecked, he'll drive for goal here cause he hasn't got the legs to go into extra time. What a cool finish and great battling from Lingard. Lingard may not be of the required standard but the guy doesn't stop.

Lastly, what a game! I massively miss dramatic last minute winners!!!!

Love games like that!
    Heart pumping all game and a massive sigh of relief by the end of it.
    Knackered after that.

Now for the weekly post game pessimism.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It was the individual brilliance of Martial and DDG and hard work by Fellaini that have us in the cup final tbh.

But when we lose, it's never individual cock-ups, it's always Van Gaal's fault.

Funny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Isn't it a nonsense that he gets booked for the celebration? Last minute winner to get your team to the fa cup final and you run over in the excitement to celebrate with the crowd and you get booked. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Nice to see late drama again, really gets you going. Well done Fellani, absolutely bossed it today, he goddamn better start in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »

Great for posting but do these vids work on Android. I can never watch them without copying the link into chrome :/

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Martials goal was the first time in a long time that I have jumped off the sofa and screamed when we scored.

I just realised that I am away for a family weekend for my sister's birthday the day of the final. The wife is gonna be raging being left with my mother, sister, our 2 kids, and nephew while I go out with the brother in law and my dad on the poss for the match!

RobertKK wrote: »
    When any of us look for Fellaini to be sold, we should remember today. He has played a big role in the FA cup campaign to get us to a final.
    Goal in quarter final.
    Goal in semifinal.

That block he got back to make was savage

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Isn't it a nonsense that he gets booked for the celebration? Last minute winner to get your team to the fa cup final and you run over in the excitement to celebrate with the crowd and you get booked. :rolleyes:

He could have booked half the team.:pac: I hate that officialdom tries to sterilise the game.

96188854_man-utd-sport-medium_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

flights booked €63.92 return ;) for myself and the young lad now just to source match tickets

RobertKK wrote: »
    Goal in quarter final.
    Goal in semifinal.

+10000000

I'm starting to love this man now. the fight, passion and determination he is showing is fantastic. He should definitely start the final

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Tippex wrote: »
    flights booked €63.92 return ;) for myself and the young lad now just to source match tickets

Done the same there for 40 quid over and back the one day. Where only being allocated 28,000 tickets though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fact
    Gonna get 2 bottles of wine into the missus then ride her silly

Go on Utd!!
    Ouch 2 bottles of wine they won't be much room for little M!CK left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

But when we lose, it's never individual cock-ups, it's always Van Gaal's fault.

Funny that.

Not funny at all. It's been bloody depressing watching the muck LVG has served up. Taking the shackles off the team now he knows he's about to be replaced doesn't make up for what went before. He had his chance it just didn't work out for him. Next.

Tippex wrote: »

Been on Ryanair,cheapest is €23 out but you get stung getting back.

Korat wrote: »
    Not funny at all. It's been bloody depressing watching the muck LVG has served up. Taking the shackles off the team now he knows he's about to be replaced doesn't make up for what went before. He had his chance it just didn't work out for him. Next.

When Everton put on a bit of pressure,he sat there and did nothing to change tactics to combat them.
    Still it made a change to see an exciting game of football involving United,hasn't happened in a while.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement