Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That block he got back to make was savage

It was, but it was also him that lost possession that led to that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

That block he got back to make was savage

Just a well he got back cause if they scored it was his fault. He gave the ball away stupidly

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

zerks wrote: »
    Been on Ryanair,cheapest is €23 out but you get stung getting back.

Can you not get home from gatwick cheap enough still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Done the same there for 40 quid over and back the one day. Where only being allocated 28,000 tickets though

How'd you get them for that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah the multiple interceptions, goal and being in general the best player on the pitch don't make up for Fellaini losing the ball that one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not really. Its player of the year. Not player that was great in parts and below par for other parts of the season list. The consistently good players get it. Which he wasn't.

Oh yeah, like Ross barkley and Coutiho :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah the multiple interceptions, goal and being in general the best player on the pitch don't make up for Fellaini losing the ball that one time.

We are just putting the block into perspective. He fu**d up but recovered well. Not a savage tackle -just doing what any payer should do when they f**k up posession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Been on Ryanair,cheapest is €23 out but you get stung getting back.

out 6:30 sat morning back 8:30 sunday morning will get a gatwick hotel for the sat night

How'd you get them for that price?

There's still that price there now I think, flying out at 6.30, back at 21.35?

• Advertisement

Just realised that final last year was 5:30 kick off time, think I will have left myself to tight on time to get back after game if it stays like that for this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Great game of football.

Terrible decision for the penalty and thought the ref was generally poor. Can understand Van Gaal frustration.

He deserves some credit. I would have taken Martial off after he got that tackle. Seemed.to use it as an excuse.to not bother tracking back and its where the goal came from. If that was Memphis there would have been war.

All round good performance although Rooney got very leggy secknd half, but enjoyed him in midfield. Fellaini was brilliant. Carrick was meh for me again.

Lindard has nice movement and drive but I'm getting a whiff of Nani of him. Needs to improve his technical stuff.

Great to get to the final. Just a proper good game of football.

Just realised that final last year was 5:30 kick off time, think I will have left myself to tight on time to get back after game if it stays like that for this year

My missus looked at me as if I had 2 heads when she saw me on Ryanair.....Looks as if I'll be on the beer here so.

Cgv0WCqWYAEJ2dK.jpg:large

Everyone in the thread has just found their new wallpaper......

Cgv7pVOWMAAy8ng.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My missus looked at me as if I had 2 heads when she saw me on Ryanair.....Looks as if I'll be on the beer here so.

I have an exam at 10 the morning of the final so am off the gargle til after that.

I've already got planning permission from my wife to go to the boozer to watch it.

Evening kick off this year again?

I have an exam at 10 the morning of the final so am off the gargle til after that.

I've already got planning permission from my wife to go to the boozer to watch it.

Evening kick off this year again?

Probably,the last time I went out for a 5.30 kick off it turned into a 9 hour session.Damn lock-ins.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Everyone in the thread has just found their new wallpaper......

amazing pic.jpg

straight on as my wallpaper.. what a great day.. scared the bejaysus out of the Puppy that was asleep on my lap :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

[/IMG]

The relief of Smalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd say he means that in the context of we're still in the FA cup and race for 4th so he's only looking at this season

Pesky journalists always trying to catch him out

JointLoneFinch.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm sure he stopped before he was about to say this season and instead said the fa cup.

Wouldn't be like a journo to write something that wasn't said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I'm sure he stopped before he was about to say this season and instead said the fa cup.

Wouldn't be like a journo to write something that wasn't said.

Tbf Rob Harris is pretty decent Journo, works for AP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How do I apply for tickets? Flights booked.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How do I apply for tickets? Flights booked.

For season ticket holders, the ballot opens on Tuesday for 6 days.

Allocation for final is 28,000 £45, £65, £85 and £115

The 2 young lads,brilliant.

zBxRbR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is it just me, and I've no drink taken, does this FA cup run seem like history repeating itself.
    Manager under pressure,
    Club in bad form on the pitch during the season,
    Expensively assembled group of players miss-firing,
    Late winner in semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

paulbok wrote: »
    Is it just me, and I've no drink taken, does this FA cup run seem like history repeating itself.
    Manager under pressure,
    Club in bad form on the pitch during the season,
    Expensively assembled group of players miss-firing,
    Late winner in semi

It's definitely just you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Feel sorry for the lads that seem so invested in hate for the manager that they can't take any joy out of that today.

Saw on Facebook that apparently an Everton fan died at the game during the second half, terrible if true.

:(

Feel sorry for the lads that seem so invested in hate for the manager that they can't take any joy out of that today.

Bangkok has gone missing,Fellaini scoring must have pushed him over the edge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

TheDoc wrote: »
    Great game of football.

Terrible decision for the penalty and thought the ref was generally poor. Can understand Van Gaal frustration.

He deserves some credit. I would have taken Martial off after he got that tackle. Seemed.to use it as an excuse.to not bother tracking back and its where the goal came from. If that was Memphis there would have been war.

All round good performance although Rooney got very leggy secknd half, but enjoyed him in midfield. Fellaini was brilliant. Carrick was meh for me again.

Lindard has nice movement and drive but I'm getting a whiff of Nani of him. Needs to improve his technical stuff.

Great to get to the final. Just a proper good game of football.

Dunno about that now, most of the second half Everton played it long, Martial will track back when teams build up with shorter passes but if long balls are pumped forward then I want him staying up field for the counter. Rooney, Fellaini, Lingard and Carrick are all there to help out at the back.

United midfield was very good and it was only when Everton bypassed it that they got some pressure. United defence needs to cope better with that type of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DM_7 wrote: »
    Dunno about that now, most of the second half Everton played it long, Martial will track back when teams build up with shorter passes but if long balls are pumped forward then I want him staying up field for the counter. Rooney, Fellaini, Lingard and Carrick are all there to help out at the back.

United midfield was very good and it was only when Everton bypassed it that they got some pressure. United defence needs to cope better with that type of play.

I'm pretty sure Van Gaal doesn't allow either winger stay up. Or if so fair enough. But it looks with Martial very much like he gets pretty fed up doing it.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I don't want my best winger tracking back. But I was beginning to think he would be subbed for Memphis around 70 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Today was a brilliant day for any Utd fan and I jumped off my bar stool celebrating when Martial slotted home the winner. It was probably my favourite moment of the season so far.

That being said, I desperately want LVG gone at the end of the season. If us getting 4th along with the FA cup trophy meant he gets to stay on as manager then I don't want any of it. Nothing that happens between now and the end of the season should mean LVG stays on as manger. He has lost his job long ago.

I sincerely hope the powers that be at the club have made their decision long ago to replace Van Gaal. If an FA cup win along with scraping fourth is enough to satisfy them that he should keep his job then Utd fans should be very worried about the future of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »

Very strange comparison.

beno619 wrote: »
    Very strange comparison.

Not at all IMO, I'd go so far as to say they are remarkably similar.

Both pacey wide players that like to cut in.

Both have questionable decision making abilities.

Both can be mercurial and absolutely rubbish in one game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As much as I wasn't a fan of Nani, he was far, FAR more likely to have the moment of magic than Lingard. Lingard is a hard worker who does what the manager tells him (hence why he gets picked and trusted). A good squad player but shouldn't be getting half the time he is if we want to challenger for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not at all IMO, I'd go so far as to say they are remarkably similar.

Both pacey wide players that like to cut in.

Both have questionable decision making abilities.

Both can be mercurial and absolutely rubbish in one game.

Technically Nani is miles better, Lingard is a decent talent with great attitude and work ethic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have not celebrated a goal like that in a long time!

Had my 3 year old son sitting on the couch with me as it happened, he had no idea why I was so excited and shouting, jumping around but he got swept up in it and joined in :) I think thats how passion for a team gets passed from one generation to then next maybe!

Great feeling, thought it wasn't going to be our day, felt their penalty was soft, couple of frees they got the same, Jagielka saving the ball with his hand, Mike's horrible OG and the lads were rocked for a while in the second half, plenty of chances for Everton to win it.

Plenty of chances for ourselves also, great game of football really, or great half anyway!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Was at a confirmation.

Celebrated like a lunatic.

Made my 1 and 1/2 year old cry I was so loud.

Won 532 euros with that goal.

A good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I didn't notice it live but Martial's first touch for the goal was absolutely exquisite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's when I fell for.. the
    brinty wrote: »
    leader at the back

Brmm
    Brmm Brmm Brmmm

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beno619 wrote: »
    Technically Nani is miles better, Lingard is a decent talent with great attitude and work ethic.

But you easily compare Nani to him in terms of how hot and cold he is and that he is an attacking midfielder \ winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Haven't jumped out of my chair like that since RVPs winner against City

Rashford and Martial linking up reminds me of this... what a pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Had my 3 year old son sitting on the couch with me as it happened, he had no idea why I was so excited and shouting, jumping around but he got swept up in it and joined in :) I think thats how passion for a team gets passed from one generation to then next maybe!

You need to raise your kid son better :)

My 2 year old, never been to a match, shouts "Goallll" when he sees my Shels tops.

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement