Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw on Sky that we picked up 29 points since Jan 2.Only 4 less than Spurs.How we did that with the quality of our play I do not know.

• Hopefully Sunderland can do us a favour and take points from Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We've spent our attention hoping City would mess up and allow us to slip into 4th but if Arsenal lose today it means if we can win 4 out of 4 games we finish in the top 4. Thats very unlikely but still mad that it could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sand wrote: »
    With the praise the Chelsea youth setup gets, and the work Mourinho invested in it, surely there was/is a TFM equivalent there? He went hard after John Stones instead, a young player brought through by another club. Mourinho was willing to put £35 million on a player who has been extremely average over the course of the season. TFM has been good enough that I'd prefer giving him chances next season than spending £40 million or whatever it would take to get Stones out of Everton. Stones is not the solution to any immediate defensive issues United have.

Now, maybe Stones would perform better in Mourinho setup but were Mourinho manager, the club would have overpaid for Stones, whilst having a player with just as much potential in the youth setup.

If Jose is prepared to spend 35 million on a player he's chased at two different clubs then I'd fully trust the guys judgment.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully Sunderland can do us a favour and take points from Arsenal

I think Sunderland going to win 3-1 :pac:

• Advertisement

We need Sunderland to beat Arsenal today instead of a draw, otherwise a draw between City and Arsenal later will see them ahead of us on goal difference if we all win every game.

Makes the Sunderland v Arsenal game somewhat interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hard to see Sunderland beating Arsenal but we need it to happen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its Sunderland, and Big Sam, in relegation season. It's when they start playing like Real Madrid :pac:

Ah you never know what will happen in the last few games of the season. Arsenal could win 5-0 or lose 1-0. It depends on Sunderland and whether they choose to give a damn.

I see Arsenal bought a mini Fellaini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Crystal Palace got a draw against them at the Emirates just last week and they're rubbish. Probability is Arsenal wins, but they've managed to overcome the odds a few times this year.

If Sunderland take the lead they might be able to win. They are putting in the effort at the moment but they will get tired at some stage and if they are behind at that time they will throw in the towel altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hope gunners lose...
    1 we need them to
    2 my brother is an arsenal fan

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Feck sake mike dean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Sunderland have so many chances

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Sunderland have so many chances

Yeah they are getting my hopes up for at least a draw. Any points dropped here helps us.

Arsenal will sicken them in the last few minutes Id say.

• Huge result in the context of our season

Get in

Well well well. A draw means if we win 4 games and City beat Arsenal then we finish in the top 4 and Arsenal probably 5th. So no danger of City and Liverpool robbing our spot.

I still have no faith in us winning 4 games in a row but it puts an interest into games which only recently looked uninteresting.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Huge result in the context of our season

Get in

Delighted. I think City will beat Arsenal at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Delighted. I think City will beat Arsenal at home.

Utd won't beat Leicester or Westham

I'd put Arsenal on 70 points now given their other two games so we'll need to win all our games which is unlikely to say the least.

With City a draw with Southampton and Arsenal beating them would leave us needing 3 wins and a draw which is doable.

• Utd won't beat Leicester or Westham

Have some faith man, look at days like yesterday. Anything is possible.

There is evidance for me regardless of LVG in charge that we are starting to show commitment and team spirit as the season nears it's end.

Get behind Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United have 5 games to win to salvage the season.

Big non United games all involve City and Arsenal in the league and Liverpool in the Europa League.

I don't know how this season ends, but it has been the most strange season ever in the PL.

We could still have a perfect ending and get 3rd or simply the Europa league but I am hopeful as 3rd should still be the aim.

I hope Leicester win today as United need to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

CL qualification still isn't in our own hands yet but there's more pressure on City and Arsenal not slip up that there is on us to win our remaining games. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it would be bloody amazing to get 4th after the season we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Beat West ham last week? Have a very good chance against a Leicester team who will be without Vardy.

Season is on biatches

♬ Cause the Arsenal's gonna Arse, Arse, Arse, Arse, Arse... ♬

Also, anyone know of a cup final ticket going, put me on the list with the rest of those looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mahrez on our right would solve so many problems there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Leicester. Edging closer. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Utd on a 4 match winning streak in all comps at the moment. Van Gaal seems to like those, theres been three previous 4 match winning streaks in his reign. One 6 match winning streak too.

Hoping for an 8 match winning streak seems a step too far. 3 wins and a draw would be a great return leaving Utd on 69 points.

Arsenal have two home matches either side of the City match and despite Norwich fighting for survival, I just can't see Arsenal dropping points in those home matches.

So realistically Utd are hoping for a City draw/loss to Southampton at St Marys which is sandwich between the the Madrid ties and Arsenal to win/draw with City also at the Etihad, leaving City on a max of 68 points. In other words, 1 loss, 1 draw and 1 win for City.

And of course one of City or Liverpool not to win their respective European Cup.

Thats not too much to ask is it?? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

West Ham looked so disinterested in the FA Cup last time round. if they couldn't up their game for that, I can't see them doing much in the league.

Leicester will beat us, imo. If they win today, 4 points from their last three games will win them the league, so they'll be hungry. If we're lucky, I think we'll nick a point.

Norwich could be a bump; they'll be desperate to avoid relegation. The issue with them and Leicester is that we've struggled when teams showed a bit of passion. I think we should beat them, but I wouldn't be shocked if we dropped points at all. After all, they beat us at OT (one of only two teams to do that this season), and our away form is really poor this season.

Bournemouth we'll beat no problem, cause they'll already be on their holidays on the last day, with nothing to play for and away from home.

Palace winning at the moment. Hoping it stays like this!!

Palace winning at the moment. Hoping it stays like this!!

**** me

Not sure who I want to face in the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    West Ham looked so disinterested in the FA Cup last time round. if they couldn't up their game for that, I can't see them doing much in the league.

Leicester will beat us, imo. If they win today, 4 points from their last three games will win them the league, so they'll be hungry. If we're lucky, I think we'll nick a point.

Norwich could be a bump; they'll be desperate to avoid relegation. The issue with them and Leicester is that we've struggled when teams showed a bit of passion. I think we should beat them, but I wouldn't be shocked if we dropped points at all. After all, they beat us at OT (one of only two teams to do that this season), and our away form is really poor this season.

Bournemouth we'll beat no problem, cause they'll already be on their holidays on the last day, with nothing to play for and away from home.
    Home to Vardyless(I think?) Leicester is a game United should be looking to win imo. More than capable of beating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

adox wrote: »
    If there is an announcement next month on Mourhino and Van Gaal as is being mooted, I can see it being announced before the FA cup final without much uproar.

Announcing that Van Gaal will be leave at the end of the season through mutual consent rather than the club sacking him and Mourino would take his place in the summer.

That's they way I would see it play out anyway if it does happen.

I agree. The spin will be that LvG can only give one more year & has set the team up perfectly for his good friend Jose to take over on a longer term deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Palace ahead again. Connor Wickham.

Palace it is. Happy with that!

Palace it is. Happy with that!

Just out of curiosity why do you want palace? I'm just thinking of we lose I'd hate see Pardews annoying spud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is it even conceivable that teams are romantically rolling over for Leicester?

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity why do you want palace? I'm just thinking of we lose I'd hate see Pardews annoying spud

I simply feel that Watford could prove to be a difficult opponent to defeat than Palace.
    We played Palace recently and they were shockingly bad. That is just my gut instinct though.

On the day anything can happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

It will add a lot more atmosphere to Wembley anyway with the Palace fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Noway I would never take anything away from Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Palace are sh*te. Despite everything, with the occasion of a final I'd expect United to be able to muster enough to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Yes i'm just after saying that not taking away anything away from what they've done but Swansea where pathethic there was no effort at all, Chelsea gonna be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah would yis stop with teams rolling over for Leicester nonsense.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Yes i'm just after saying that not taking away anything away from what they've done but Swansea where pathethic there was no effort at all, Chelsea gonna be the same.

Swansea have been pathetic for most of the season as have Chelsea its not because of Leicester.

Leicester worked hard today for the win they closed down and ran all over the pitch Swansea didn't get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Swansea have been equally as bad against anyone they have come up against. The seem to be in holiday mode at the mo

Cant wait for this season to be over. Normally having no football for the Summer is horrible but with the Euro's coming up it won't be as bad. I only wish the bloody transfer window closed earlier as it frustrates the life out of me with all the nonsense that goes on every year when the season starts. Id be delighted for them to actually change that and have the transfer window shut earlier.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Cant wait for this season to be over. Normally having no football for the Summer is horrible but with the Euro's coming up it won't be as bad. I only wish the bloody transfer window closed earlier as it frustrates the life out of me with all the nonsense that goes on every year when the season starts. Id be delighted for them to actually change that and have the transfer window shut earlier.

xmjta8.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement