Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Korat wrote: »
    This is a sensitive subject at the moment as he is our one genuinely world class player, so it’s like taking someone’s favourite toy away if you’re seen to be suggesting he’s not quite all that just yet.

I'm actually finding the way some people are suggesting DDG is an equal or better than Schmeichel or VDS a bit insulting to those club legends.

Peter Schmeichel won Player of the Year in 1996. DDG wasn't even shortlisted this year, when there haven't been many standout players.

By all means praise the kid but don't insult the club's history by going on with unjustified hyperbolic laudation.

Yes, a subjective topic, but I think its hard to argue at least that DDG is not ahead of the curve if you factor in his age. In 1996 Peter was in his 30s, playing at the peak of his powers. DDG has a decade to match that and is already Uniteds most valuable player in many peoples eyes. He is also one of, if not the best Keeper in the league (PFA team) and world.

Schmeichal was playing at Hvidovre at the same age as when DDG was winning the league with United in one of the strongest leagues in the world.

We wont know until he finishes his career but if he continues to progress like most footballers careers, its hard to see how he wont surpass the greatness of the great Dane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Litterally everything written on the subject indicates that, at United at least, the manager picks the players - who else would be doing so at United? Are you going to suggest Woodward scouted and decided on Darmian? United have no sporting director or director of football - the manager is ultimately in charge of the football team and he is the one who decided on who would be bought and who would be sold. If you can point to any piece of evidence that the majority of signings were not made at the behest of LVG, please throw it out there.

So what if City spent more than United when they won the league two years ago - at least they fecking won it! We've been battling for 4th for 3 seasons now, doing badly at it!

And yes, United SHOULD be challenging every season - to not do so is failure. I don't care how Chelsea are doing - their season has been a FAILURE - not a fecking yardstick. Your acceptance of failure is laughable. 4th place was the absolute minimum required, and LVG will (imo) fail to get this, having only scraped it last season. The football hasn't improved - their is nothing in this season to actually suggest we are an improving team under him, nothing to suggest another season under him won't be another abject failure - getting embarrassed in the league and in Europe.

While poor seasons can happen, they must be reacted to - to keep LVG would be a startling lack of reaction - based on nothing but sentiment. Give me an actual rational argment for keeping him - for 'stability' is not a good argument - stable in 5th place is not what United should be aiming at.

Of the players at United that would not be used to working under different managers.... Carrick, maybe Smalling and Jones, Rooney, Valencia.... Ok, that explains why we have been sh1t under LVG alright. DDG, Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteigher, Herrera, Martial, Memphis, Januzaj, Mata, Fellaini... all of those players are so used to playing under Fergie for a decade.

LVG has shown little to suggest he can bring a title challenge to United and cosnidering he wants to bugger off net summer at the lastest anyway why waste another year under him just because you want to be seen as different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Litterally everything written on the subject indicates that, at United at least, the manager picks the players - who else would be doing so at United? Are you going to suggest Woodward scouted and decided on Darmian? United have no sporting director or director of football - the manager is ultimately in charge of the football team and he is the one who decided on who would be bought and who would be sold. If you can point to any piece of evidence that the majority of signings were not made at the behest of LVG, please throw it out there.

So what if City spent more than United when they won the league two years ago - at least they fecking won it! We've been battling for 4th for 3 seasons now, doing badly at it!

And yes, United SHOULD be challenging every season - to not do so is failure. I don't care how Chelsea are doing - their season has been a FAILURE - not a fecking yardstick. Your acceptance of failure is laughable. 4th place was the absolute minimum required, and LVG will (imo) fail to get this, having only scraped it last season. The football hasn't improved - their is nothing in this season to actually suggest we are an improving team under him, nothing to suggest another season under him won't be another abject failure - getting embarrassed in the league and in Europe.

While poor seasons can happen, they must be reacted to - to keep LVG would be a startling lack of reaction - based on nothing but sentiment. Give me an actual rational argment for keeping him - for 'stability' is not a good argument - stable in 5th place is not what United should be aiming at.

Of the players at United that would not be used to working under different managers.... Carrick, maybe Smalling and Jones, Rooney, Valencia.... Ok, that explains why we have been sh1t under LVG alright. DDG, Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteigher, Herrera, Martial, Memphis, Januzaj, Mata, Fellaini... all of those players are so used to playing under Fergie for a decade.

LVG has shown little to suggest he can bring a title challenge to United and cosnidering he wants to bugger off net summer at the lastest anyway why waste another year under him just because you want to be seen as different.

City spent that money the season after they won the league. That said, why do you feel that its worth mention that United spent 250mil ? Surely the amount a club spends is only relevant in comparison to their competitors ? If they are spending more, how can you express disappointment that they are doing better ?

The season LVG started Most of the signings that summer were already identified. He was off managing Holland and inherited a squad. Shaw and Herrera were already targets of the club long before LVG joined. Who do you think identified and chose to purchase them ? I believe managers have input but aren't necessarily cherry picking all the targets.

I wasnt just trying to suggest that players wouldn't be used to playing under other managers, I feel that we had a squad that used to minor annual tweaks. Now we have lost the most stabilizing factor in the squad and have had to overhaul the majority of the team. This team has shown it can compete with the top teams in England, but lacks confidence and consitancy. Considering the age of the squad I believe this will improve given time.

Again I ask, what do you think sets United apart from the others ? Its not spending, its not squad capability, its not stability . . Why do you think the club should be top ? You have only given reasons why they should be in top 4 (spending comparable to those in top 4), but no reason why the club should actually be winning things.

As bad a season its felt, we are only a few points behind Arsenal and City and may finish ahead of both. While unrealistic to expect that, it would also suggest that we aren't that far behind the probable challangers next season presuming we buy well in the summer and Leicesters lightening in a bottle doesn't strike twice.

Lets say United Sack LVG. What exactly do you want and believe will happen?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports that Big Fel and his agent were at the Roma/Napoli match yesterday. The reports saying that Fel likes Roma and they are interested in him.

Despite the abuse he gets, I am fond of him. He's not the best player in the world, but he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people make him out to be. Think he could have been a great squad player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think he could have been a great squad player for us.

He still is a very useful weapon for us, I see no point in selling him at all. We won't get earth shattering money for him and would only have to replace him again anyway, far better to keep him and let a batter manager make proper use of him.

Drumpot wrote: »
    City spent that money the season after they won the league. That said, why do you feel that its worth mention that United spent 250mil ? Surely the amount a club spends is only relevant in comparison to their competitors ? If they are spending more, how can you express disappointment that they are doing better ?

The season LVG started Most of the signings that summer were already identified. He was off managing Holland and inherited a squad. Shaw and Herrera were already targets of the club long before LVG joined. Who do you think identified and chose to purchase them ? I believe managers have input but aren't necessarily cherry picking all the targets.

I wasnt just trying to suggest that players wouldn't be used to playing under other managers, I feel that we had a squad that used to minor annual tweaks. Now we have lost the most stabilizing factor in the squad and have had to overhaul the majority of the team. This team has shown it can compete with the top teams in England, but lacks confidence and consitancy. Considering the age of the squad I believe this will improve given time.

Again I ask, what do you think sets United apart from the others ? Its not spending, its not squad capability, its not stability . . Why do you think the club should be top ? You have only given reasons why they should be in top 4 (spending comparable to those in top 4), but no reason why the club should actually be winning things.

As bad a season its felt, we are only a few points behind Arsenal and City and may finish ahead of both. While unrealistic to expect that, it would also suggest that we aren't that far behind the probable challangers next season presuming we buy well in the summer and Leicesters lightening in a bottle doesn't strike twice.

Lets say United Sack LVG. What exactly do you want and believe will happen?

Herrera and Shaw were identified by DAVID MOYES - the UNITED MANAGER. The signings were not made until they were ok'd by LVG. Rojo and Blind were targeted because they were players LVG said he wanted.

The manager picks the players to be signed - apart from (as far as I am aware) Mata, who woodward wanted signed when it became apparent we could get him.

In general, it is the manager that picks the players to be signed - he may provide a list of players for any given position and then the club get whichever they can but I find your entirely baseless assertion that Woodward (or someone you have not identified) decided to sign Schneiderlin and Schweinstieger and just handed them on to LVG. There is no transfer committee at United.

As i previously said, I don't think United should win the title every season - but they should be able to COMPETE for the title every season. Not even competing for the title, as we have not done in three seasons, is a failure. I can't see how you can look at it any other way. I don't care if other clubs are also failing to meet their targets too - that doesn't make United's failures more acceptable or tolerable.

What sets United apart? Why should they be at least competing for the title every season?

Money and history - United have spent the transfer fees, and certainly spend the wages, to have a group of players amongst the best in the country. If that isn't the case, or the manager is getting less than the best out of them, it is a failure. Pure and simple, and steps should be taken to rectify those failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Reports that Big Fel and his agent were at the Roma/Napoli match yesterday. The reports saying that Fel likes Roma and they are interested in him.

Despite the abuse he gets, I am fond of him. He's not the best player in the world, but he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people make him out to be. Think he could have been a great squad player for us.

Somewhere bangkok is dancing with delight and has the Champagne on ice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Somewhere bangkok is dancing with delight and has the Champagne on ice :D

Be brilliant if his last contribution was to score the winner in the fa cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

On the whole De Gea/Schmeichel debate I'd have the Dane ahead.

He frightened the hell out of strikers, saved the Treble with his penalty save against Bergkamp and we wouldn't have caught Newcastle to win the league were it not for his heroics at St James' Park the night Cantona got the winner as Newcastle blitzed us in the first half.

An outstanding keeper in an outstanding team who weren't always as sound defensively as they could have been. He was called on more than he should have been and rarely let us down.

De Gea great too but Schmeichel easily the pick for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sigmundv wrote: »
    People get a bit carried away with respect to De Gea I think. Remember that he hasn't achieved anything yet and his career has only just started, so let's hold off mentioning him among all-time greats like Big Pete and EvdS.

I don't think with certain respects that silverware is a direct relation to an individuals ranking, considering it is a team game.

Gerrards trophy cabinet is pretty dwarved by say Andersons, but I know who I rate the better player.

As a former goalkeeper myself, after the initial shaky period De Gea went through, he has been undisputed world class and I personally feel he has surpassed Neuer, and Courtious has totally fallen of the radar.

A lot is made of Neuer being some innovator by playing his sweeping style, which I've never bought into as that was a thing when I played.

I think De Gea's career and standing will accelerate even further from this summer, now that he will be the firmly undisputed Spanish no.1, after a ridiculous length of time phasing of Iker.

Schmeichael was a childhood hero, and a true innovator and inspiration for me. So I don't think anyone will actually ever surpass him in my eyes. But I firmly place De Gea ahead of Van Der Saar.

Also when you consider that historically a goalkeeper won't really peak until their early 30's and mis 30's, that De Gea is performing at this level, from the age of 22(age check) is pretty simply phenomenal. As a reminder, Neuer is five years older.

With the way he celebrates his goals, the like, bursting aggression and passion, it makes me sad he isn't a)appreciated more by the fans and b)his level didn't step up when he arrived at United.

For all the love in Hererra gets from the fans, his name chanted from the Stretford end when he is on the bench, Fellaini has been a far more productive midfielder for me, and come up with the goods in a lot of instances when we really needed it.

I have massive sympathy for him being made the scapegoat for the clubs transfer failings, entirely not his fault.

He is clearly passionate about the club, and it probably destroys him that he isn't contributing as much as he would like on a week to week basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fellaini going nowhere he was only over at the game to persuade nainagolin to come to Manchester.

It would make no sense to sell Fellaini he is a rare option in midfield that not many clubs have. Yeh i hate his elbows and he has a nasty streak but im also glad he is our nutcase most of the time.

TheDoc wrote: »
    With the way he celebrates his goals, the like, bursting aggression and passion, it makes me sad he isn't a)appreciated more by the fans and b)his level didn't step up when he arrived at United.

For all the love in Hererra gets from the fans, his name chanted from the Stretford end when he is on the bench, Fellaini has been a far more productive midfielder for me, and come up with the goods in a lot of instances when we really needed it.

I have massive sympathy for him being made the scapegoat for the clubs transfer failings, entirely not his fault.

He is clearly passionate about the club, and it probably destroys him that he isn't contributing as much as he would like on a week to week basis.

I think if Herrera was given as much of a chance as Fellaini has had, he would be boasting far better stats than Fellaini. Fellaini is a good out ball and target - that is why he gets picked. In every other facet of the game Herrera is far better, imo, and has shown it for United. We play better football with him in the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hococop wrote: »
    Be brilliant if his last contribution was to score the winner in the fa cup final

that'd really drive Bangkok over the edge

has there been any sightings recently....

I think if Herrera was given as much of a chance as Fellaini has had, he would be boasting far better stats than Fellaini. Fellaini is a good out ball and target - that is why he gets picked. In every other facet of the game Herrera is far better, imo, and has shown it for United. We play better football with him in the side.

Possibly, but that is Hererras problem, not Fellaini. It's evident to me at this point Ander is not doing what Van Gaal wants, or having enough of an impact on games for him to keep his place. He is constantly being rotated in and out.

Fellaini to me has had a lot more influential and better games then Hererra.

And I rate Ander much higher and really want him to work out, but he is looking down the barrell of his third season at the club, where he still hasn't established himself in the first XI

• Advertisement

Possibly, but that is Hererras problem, not Fellaini. It's evident to me at this point Ander is not doing what Van Gaal wants, or having enough of an impact on games for him to keep his place. He is constantly being rotated in and out.

And I rate Ander much higher and really want him to work out, but he is looking down the barrell of his third season at the club, where he still hasn't established himself in the first XI

For me it is because LVG is too cautious. Fellaini is a safer option because he offers a long/out ball - playing Herrera requires to set the team up to actually try to be progressive and play football. Herrera isn't defensive enough for LVG in midfield - and to me that is a failing and cowardice from LVG, and part of the reason I want him gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Andy Mitten was on Newstalk last night,like him or think he's a spoofer,he did come out with some good points.

The main one was after the balls up Woodward made of the sacking of Moyes with the media finding out first there is a wall of silence around OT this time.Nobody knows or is willing to speak on what is planned regarding LVG's future.
    He said that the only noise was from Portugal and that was it.So it looks like we may wait and see what is announced in a month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Tonight is as close as we'll ever get to Ronaldo returning to Manchester :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Everyone is on a bit of a high right now because we're in an FA Cup final and there's an outside chance of qualifying for the CL.

DDG being compared to Schmeichel, Felaini being an underappreciated asset, LVG still being the man to build a successful team are all notions coming off the back of that.

If we beat Leicester at the weekend this place will be like Narnia. I might even lose my own sense of realism. Bring it on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everyone is on a bit of a high right now because we're in an FA Cup final and there's an outside chance of qualifying for the CL.

DDG being compared to Schmeichel, Felaini being an underappreciated asset, LVG still being the man to build a successful team are all notions coming off the back of that.

If we beat Leicester at the weekend this place will be like Narnia. I might even lose my own sense of realism. Bring it on. :)

How the mighty have fallen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Herrera is far better if we plan on playing anything actually fluid and attacking, but LVG is clearly not interested in any of that unfortunately. This season though, he does have 4 goals and 5 assists to Fellaini's 3 goals and 0 assists. Fellaini has been pleasantly better than expected, but Herrera is the best midfielder at the club in my opinion.

I threw together a quick Premier League comparison of the two on Squawka, and outside of clearances Herrera has been more effective pretty much across the board, both attacking and defensively:
    http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/ander_herrera/165/165/1538/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/marouane_fellaini/165/165/466/38/p#key_passes/interceptions/blocks/clearances/tackles_won/tackles_lost/total_forward_passes/total_backward_passes/pass_completion/chances_created/assists/goals_scored/total_shots/goals_from_penalties#90

It's closer in Europe, albeit considerably smaller sample sizes. Shame both can't be bunched in together on that site.
    http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#champions_league/2015/2016/ander_herrera/179/179/1538/0/p|champions_league/2015/2016/marouane_fellaini/179/179/466/0/p#key_passes/interceptions/blocks/clearances/tackles_won/tackles_lost/total_forward_passes/total_backward_passes/pass_completion/chances_created/assists/goals_scored/total_shots#90

It's incredibly frustrating because as you mentioned, Herrera is now at the end of his second season and has yet to establish himself as a certainty in the starting XI. And that has absolutely nothing to do with Ander Herrera himself! :mad:

Here is his comparison with Schneiderlin.
    Here is his comparison with Schweinsteiger.
    Here is his comparison with Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Hope he fires in a hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

zerks wrote: »
    Andy Mitten was on Newstalk last night,like him or think he's a spoofer,he did come out with some good points.

There was a wall of silence until the day Moyes got sacked.

beno619 wrote: »
    There was a wall of silence until the day Moyes got sacked.

No there wasn't.

The press were all over it the day before and I had heard stories from the Sunday that Woodward had been talking to giggs about taking charge for the last few games on the way back from previous game.

There was no official comment made publicly by the club until the Tuesday (IIRC) but it was all over everywhere on the Monday that Moyes was to be sacked. The rpess didn't just make that up on their own.

Hope he fires in a hat-trick.

Id prefer city to be kept occupied until the return leg then let them get hammered

Or not :( failed a fitness test so not even on the bench :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

:( might not watch it now

City will probably win tonight. :(

Hopefully Bale will step up and sink them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah bollix. Was looking forward to watching him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will keep his fuel for home leg.

Viva Ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No there wasn't.

The press were all over it the day before and I had heard stories from the Sunday that Woodward had been talking to giggs about taking charge for the last few games on the way back from previous game.

There was no official comment made publicly by the club until the Tuesday (IIRC) but it was all over everywhere on the Monday that Moyes was to be sacked. The rpess didn't just make that up on their own.

Was it not a case of it being we were mathematically out of the CL places and the press just putting 2 + 2 together?

My memory is a bit hazy from that time, I think I've managed to black it out for fear of Vietnam flashback type episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

It's just not meant to be :(:(:(

Anyways I hope Real batter them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads how come its gone all quiet on a director of football position at utd and especially the A.Madrid guy

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads how come its gone all quiet on a director of football position at utd and especially the A.Madrid guy

LVG as DoF?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United shares continue to surge, three trading days in a row, up 8.8% today.

Up 31% for the past month.

Headshot wrote: »

The few stories there were said it was dependant on Jose; that Jose wanted Berta. So presumably, if it is happening, they won't announce it till after they announce Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

RobertKK wrote: »
    United shares continue to surge, three trading days in a row, up 8.8% today.

Up 31% for the past month.

any particular reason?

yabadabado wrote: »
    any particular reason?

Id imagine it's mixture of jose contract stories and FA Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

any particular reason?

The markets like stability and competing for 4th plus an FA Cup final means they have priced in LVG staying on next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No there wasn't.

Sorry day/day before.

I wouldn't be surprised if things happened similarly this time around with rumours hitting fever pitch once were mathematically out of the running for a CL spot.

• Advertisement

any particular reason?

Ok, while people talk about the Glazers, Ron Baron bought $200 million of United a few years ago and he is very bullish about United, and he on Friday re-iterated his belief that United shares are set to soar in coming years.
    In an interview with Ron Baron of Baron Capital, a growth investment fund with $23 billion in assets in 13 funds, Baron expects the price of the stock to sell at $40 by 2020, owing to the immense popularity of soccer, particularly Manchester United which gets a quarter of their revenue from TV and media, half from licensing and another quarter from ticket sales. Baron expects the soccer team’s revenue will more than double by 2020 from when he bought the stock in 2013, and cash flow will increase from $171.2 million to $475 million during the same time period,

He sees United swimming in cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Depay for Mane is the latest rumour.It's like a lotto draw at this stage with him linked to different clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Ok, while people talk about the Glazers, Ron Baron bought $200 million of United a few years ago and he is very bullish about United, and he on Friday re-iterated his belief that United shares are set to soar in coming years.

He sees United swimming in cash.

Did he give any particular reason why he sees such high revenue growth? To me, it just sounds like another investment fund manager sound bite. I think that's an overly optimistic estimation of United's future growth.

glued wrote: »
    Did he give any particular reason why he sees such high revenue growth? To me, it just sounds like another investment fund manager sound bite. I think that's an overly optimistic estimation of United's future growth.

Sounds like a pump before a sale. I'd rather hear the opposite or nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sounds like a pump before a sale. I'd rather hear the opposite or nothing at all.

He has been saying it for a good while now. He sees United as having a very cheap valuation, he saw ex Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer buy the NBA team the LA Clippers for $2 billion, and the Clippers are nowhere near as popular or generate anywhere near the money that United do who have a valuation of $3 billion.

Then one can look at City and the 13% the Chinese bought, which would put an overall valuation of City at $3 billion also. Now does anyone believe that City is as valuable as United?
    It is like saying if the LA Clippers are worth $2 billion, would you also value the LA Lakers at $2 billion?

Ron Baron will not be selling his stake, he is very bullish when it comes to United and has consistently said it is one of his top three stocks to own based on valuation. He believes United should be valued at $6 billion plus.

• Advertisement

Guillem ballague is claiming that Griezmann is the only Atletico player open to leaving the club, and while not in a rush to leave, will wait and see what other offers are on the table before deciding his future.

Chelsea and United are linked with him, would buy him for the right side of a front three.

Guillem ballague is claiming that Griezmann is the only Atletico player open to leaving the club, and while not in a rush to leave, will wait and see what other offers are on the table before deciding his future.

Chelsea and United are linked with him, would buy him for the right side of a front three.

RW is definitely a position that could do with some fresh faces. Although I wouldn't rule out putting Memphis in there, on his favored foot, should Martial continue out on the left.

Slow news day today, less than 15 posts in 15 hours!!!!!

What's going on....

Queue Ed announcing a new chicken noodle partner

Memphis under a new manager could be like a new signing next season..
    And under Jose he'd have to start toeing the line or he'd be out

I could see him being like Robben in his Chelsea days under Jose's management..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

brinty wrote: »
    Memphis under a new manager could be like a new signing next season..
    And under Jose he'd have to start toeing the line or he'd be out

I could see him being like Robben in his Chelsea days under Jose's management..

Or Mata

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement