Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Liam O wrote: »
    The bubble always bursts at the peak of hope. With both Liverpool and City not looking great in Europe and Arsenal dropping points last week the rollercoaster has probably reached the highest point and Leicester will be comfortable victors at the weekend.

Nah they won't, nobody has beaten us comfortably at home in the league all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

zerks wrote: »
    Before anyone starts I know it's The Sun....

ChKV1KnW0AIJwIm.jpg
    i have always wondered why a paper so hated in a city always seem to run stories on the group that hate them. absolute rag of a paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i have always wondered why a paper so hated in a city always seem to run stories on the group that hate them. absolute rag of a paper

Love The Sun, always have, always will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't see a comfortable Leicester win, Van Gaal will make it hard for them. I'll give him that credit, even though I hope they win it I'd be sick to see it happen at OT and I think Van Gaal would be even more so given he's spent 2 years and a lot of money failing to do what Leicester are making look so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

scudzilla wrote:
    Love The Sun, always have, always will

Surely not serious? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

VW 1 wrote: »
    Surely not serious? Why?

Tbh, best just ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

I'm going for a win this Sunday....despite our roller coaster syndrome :) and for Chelsea to beat Spurs too and Leicester being crowned champions on Monday.
    Actually going for a Carlsberg run in... we are going to knock our GD into good shape and pile pressure on City and Arsenal thus meaning they will need a clear winner in their pending match against each other............ what's that noise........ aah it's the alarm clock.... time to wake up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think a 3:0 win on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Not too sure about next season's away kit. It's kind of like this year's training top only the training top is nicer.

This seasons stuff was nice cos twas simple in design. Next seasons away is trying too hard.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/12/leaked-manchester-united-16-17-away-kit.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• jayo26 wrote: »

Twitter aint working here, whats it say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Twitter aint working here, whats it say
    a vine of Scholes' goal vs Barcelona in the 1-0 win in 08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

a vine of Scholes' goal vs Barcelona in the 1-0 win in 08.

Do Vines work for anyone on their phones, can never get them!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Portugese press saying the Renato Sanches deal is done. €40m upfront, and €40m in potential add-ons.

Not really seen anything of him, but he's going to have a tonne of expectations on him now. Have already seen so many "Thats a lot of cash/bout the same we paid for Martial though" conversations online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Portugese press saying the Renato Sanches deal is done. €40m upfront, and €40m in potential add-ons.

Not really seen anything of him, but he's going to have a tonne of expectations on him now. Have already seen so many "Thats a lot of cash/bout the same we paid for Martial though" conversations online.

Looking at his style he seems to be bit like Pogba. A player like that is needed to burst forward from midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Surely its not 40 in add ons. Is it not 40 and 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The thing about both this fee and the Martial Add ons is that the majority of the money won't be paid unless they become the best players in the world. By that time, if it happens, we will probably be thinking that it was a bargain.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Surely its not 40 in add ons. Is it not 40 and 20

Seems to be conflicting points on that; some papers saying €40m + €20m, some saying €40m + €40m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im delighted that our team is getting younger with some great talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Seems to be conflicting points on that; some papers saying €40m + €20m, some saying €40m + €40m.

No doubt most British press will run with "Reneto Sanches to United for £80m"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

astradave wrote: »
    No doubt most British press will run with "Reneto Sanches to United for £80m"

Plus add-ons:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

jayo26 wrote: »

Four players ahead of Scholes as he hits it, those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Haven't seen much of him but enough to see his main skills and attributes. Tbh he hasn't got the passing ability or vision of an Andre Gomes who would be a better fit for what Utd need in CM. Granted hes younger but Andre is still young enough too at 22.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Haven't seen much of him but enough to see his main skills and attributes. Tbh he hasn't got the passing ability or vision of an Andre Gomes who would be a better fit for what Utd need in CM. Granted hes younger but Andre is still young enough too at 22.

DiMarizo is saying Gomes looks to be close to joining Juventus who are ready to offer €30m + €20m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

DiMarizo is saying Gomes looks to be close to joining Juventus who are ready to offer €30m + €20m.

Given his agent is Mendes, Utd could have made that happen if they wanted him bad enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I like the cash plus add on deals. 40m euro up front for a top young prospect (if he is) isn't that much and if we have to pay the extras then he's been a good player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has Kroos actually been any good for Madrid?

Very dissapointing ever since he joined madrid. i think hes been one of the most overrated players in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Manchester-United--16-17-Away-Kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Manchester-United--16-17-Away-Kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Manchester-United--16-17-Away-Kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In defense of The Sun...they did last August say that Woodward was looking to sign Neymar this coming summer.
    In the meantime, Neymar Sr confirmed that United are looking to sign his son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

we are a few players off being a deadly side cannot wait for jose to get into the hotseat

previously i would have said degea wants out but seeing how passionate he was against everton i think he may stick around...

• Advertisement

I would be happy for United to sign Kroos. He is an excellent passer of the ball, and he is a quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

we are a few players off being a deadly side cannot wait for jose to get into the hotseat

That could be said about any team though, Arsenal have been a few players from being a great side for the past 10 years.

That could be said about any team though, Arsenal have been a few players from being a great side for the past 10 years.

Thats true too but overall we have an excellent average age in our squad we have a young defence a young attack and a relatively mid aged midfield, a few leaders of top class ability in the team we would be nicely set up with a decent manager.

Arsenals problem was ya they always had the young team wil great ability but wengners never managed to build on that after Viera left and they constantly lost experienced players that they never replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

RobertKK wrote: »
    In defense of The Sun...they did last August say that Woodward was looking to sign Neymar this coming summer.
    In the meantime, Neymar Sr confirmed that United are looking to sign his son.

If you print every story that comes across your desk, you're bound to get one right occasionally.
    Their behaviour towards the fans of Liverpool was disgusting and as far the moved from decent journalism as is possible.
    Wouldn't buy it to line a dog kennel.

If you print every story that comes across your desk, you're bound to get one right occasionally.
    Their behaviour towards the fans of Liverpool was disgusting and as far the moved from decent journalism as is possible.
    Wouldn't buy it to line a dog kennel.

I never bought the Sun, but reporting it was for Neymar and not Pedro as to why Woodward went to Barcelona was accurate, instead we had some claiming it was for Pedro and we failed as he went to Chelsea.
    It had nothing to do with the disgraceful reporting by the Sun after Hillsborough.

Neil Custis was correct last August, when people were mocking him and saying he was deluded making up rumours about United and Neymar to sell papers.
    We should be objective and not mix up what was wrong with what was right, Neil Custis does be on MUTV on their program for journalists, he might have been briefed by Woodward or the Neymar camp last August, and he also said the transfer was not for last summer but this coming summer if it was to happen.
    Now the talk is Neymar could be sold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Used to buy the Sun and the Star every day for years. Was the time before the Internet though. Would pour over each story. Them days the deals were just done when it was reported. Nowadays they're just regurgitating the sh1te that's been trolled on the Internet 3 days beforehand so I've long given up on buying papers for the soccer stories

Looks like Poch is about to sign a new deal for Spurs, so that would take him out of the equation anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Looks like Poch is about to sign a new deal for Spurs, so that would take him out of the equation anyway.

Not fussed as long as Jose's on the way.

Im actually loving how next year is shaping up alot of world class managers are going to be in the league and a fair chance some are going to end up with alot of pressure on them . Pity we be stuck with LVG.

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm glad, too much of a risk IMO

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm glad, too much of a risk IMO

I'd have had him as my second choice after Jose. A far, far smaller risk than either sticking with LVG or going with Giggs. What Poch lacks in experience and titles, he has in droves of potential. When you look at what he did with Southampton and Spurs, I could have seen why they'd have chased him, and wouldn't have been desperately upset had they got him.

Now the conspiracy nut in me is linking that announcement today with the news that Jose was told in the lasr 48 hours that he had the job :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Not fussed as long as Jose's on the way.

No deal done yet according to SKY spies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

previously i would have said degea wants out but seeing how passionate he was against everton i think he may stick around...

Honestly think if jose is coming in he will get rid of a lot of the squad like LVG did when he came in.

Can see ander and mata being shipped out under jose :( i think mata is an obvious as chelsea. Rojo,Adnan,bastian and carrick. A lot of the fringe players like mcnair too.

Then i dont think de gea will stay next season if madrid come calling again and if ander/juan are gone

Any press conference cliffs?

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly think if jose is coming in he will get rid of a lot of the squad like LVG did when he came in.

Can see ander and mata being shipped out under jose :( i think mata is an obvious as chelsea. Rojo,Adnan,bastian and carrick. A lot of the fringe players like mcnair too.

Then i dont think de gea will stay next season if madrid come calling again and if ander/juan are gone

I dont see why he would get rid of fringe players. Carrick is a certainty to be gone but the rest are pretty useful players also we will need them as it looks likely we are going to have europa league before xmass.

Maybe I'm wrong but jose usually don't ship out players in large numbers, it was different at Chelsea they arguably had a bigger and better squad then we do now he got rid of mata and de bruyne and Schurle and kdb seemingly wanted to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We've apparently signed a 16 year old from Feyenoord, Tahith Chong. Kind of looks like a reincarnation of Regi Blinker.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/feyenoord-starlet-tahith-chong-confirms-11259737
    "It was my intention to stay at Feyenoord, but no plan was made for me," he told Elf Voetbal.

"When I said I wanted to leave, they made a plan. That was too late.

"At Manchester United I had a better feeling.

"You can feel it immediately when you walk in a club."

Standard Leige have terminated Valdes' loan, citing their desire to try out some of their younger players towards the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Standard Leige have terminated Valdes' loan, citing their desire to try out some of their younger players towards the end of the season.

This dude has been treated pretty badly in recent times. He's still a pretty decent keeper to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

This dude has been treated pretty badly in recent times. He's still a pretty decent keeper to be fair

Next stop America?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Our academy has signed a few players recently, nice to see

American guy
    South African/Belgian guy
    Chong afro guy
    Burkhart? Striker guy
    Next john o Shea Irish guy
    Italian defender guy

Can't think of their full names right now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.