Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Our academy has signed a few players recently, nice to see

American guy
    South African/Belgian guy
    Chong afro guy
    Burkhart? Striker guy
    Next john o Shea Irish guy
    Italian defender guy

Can't think of their full names right now

Thats gonna be confusing they will all be running around with guy on the back of their jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bit random, Luke Shaw's interview popped up on my twitter time line. Forgot about him, after watching Rojo at LB it would be unreal to have Shaw back.

Can't wait to see him back in the first 11. Shaw as LB with Martial playing as Left forward would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Shaw returning is going to be great and hopefully it also re-sparks Memphis.
    Ever since Shaw went out, Memphis' game has dropped.
    At the start of the season, their partnership on the left was flourishing quite nicely and they really seemed to understand each other's game.

Can't wait to see Shaw back!!! Hopefully he returns stronger and fitter and hopefully not injury prone as f**k

20 years ago today since one of SAF's greatest moments that he wasn't directly involved in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Love it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

yabadabado wrote: »
    Love it:pac:

I'll tell ya somethin!...

Just a though next year we could have rashford, Martial, Shaw, fas Mensah and renato Sanchez in our first team squad that is some talented bunch of under 21s and cbj too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

King Kev on Late Late Show now.

They just showed it ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

NxPCeAj.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Absolutely hate signing players directly from South America.. it's always complicated as ****

astradave wrote: »
    Absolutely hate signing players directly from South America.. it's always complicated as ****

I was reading it too and though the same i gave up when I seen percentages. Why can't they all be as easy as the twins were haha living in Manchester for over six months before aloud play or anything.

Edit: fek it i just bought him back be damened got him for 575k still have near a million for tots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ducker going with the story that a deal is agreed in principal with Jose, but nothing signed, but that it's only a step off a contract now.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ducker going with the story that a deal is agreed in principal with Jose, but nothing signed, but that it's only a step off a contract now.

Never wished I lost a bet so much in my life haha.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I was reading it too and though the same i gave up when I seen percentages. Why can't they all be as easy as the twins were haha living in Manchester for over six months before aloud play or anything.

Edit: fek it i just bought him back be damened got him for 575k still have near a million for tots

Fifa :p:p

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/726161690794942465

Fifa :p:p

Lol yep haha was wondering why it didn't edit on ultimate team thread ha

Apparently an agreement has been made with Jose but the main story on my Sky Sports app says ' No United agreement with Jose.'

Lord knows what might happen. I can imagine Jose being absolutely furious if this job doesn't fall through for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant wait for the summer and Jose to take over.

The man should of been appointed after Ferguson. Granted he wouldnt be my first choice but he is the best that we can get and he oozes winning mentality and im convinced he will be perfect for utd.

Just get that DOF and it will be perfect

Apparently an agreement has been made with Jose but the main story on my Sky Sports app says ' No United agreement with Jose.'

Lord knows what might happen. I can imagine Jose being absolutely furious if this job doesn't fall through for him.

Sky sports don't know ****.. their source is probably Hayley who is using stories from the end of season (last year) bash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think the best educational tool on the value of media reports is to sift over the media reports of 12 months ago. I don't know if LVG will be in charge of United 4 months from now, but I can guarantee no one in the media knows either. I'm dreading the summer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

At least the summer should give us a better idea on what journalists are complete spoofers.

After that then there should be a journalist ban list on the thread to cut out all the bs.

If Jose dosnt sign then all these deal agreed lads should be on that ban list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    At least the summer should give us a better idea on what journalists are complete spoofers.

After that then there should be a journalist ban list on the thread to cut out all the bs.

If Jose dosnt sign then all these deal agreed lads should be on that ban list.

Start that list now... Save us time. Have the camp that said he will be manager and the camp that say he won't

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Start that list now... Save us time. Have the camp that said he will be manager and the camp that say he won't

Just have a separate category for Duncan Castles aswell, he is the worst of the lot.

• Advertisement

Massive weekend in the PL for us!!! Hopefully Arsenal drop points today and City tomorrow.
    If Arsenal & City get 3 points and we fail to get the win surely that is the end of our Top 4 hopes

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2861138/manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal-claims-side-lacked-title-experience

He said: "The players we are now playing are not used to being champions. I don't think [Matteo] Darmian is used to it. De Gea was never a champion.

"Rooney, Carrick have been champions once, maybe more than once.

"You have to see the situation where the club is. We have seen that we are in a transition period. When I was mentioned as the coach, it was also about that.

"Now we are fighting for the Champions League and still in the FA Cup. We have to fight for something, and we shall do it. Hopefully we can beat Leicester City."

Even ignoring the fact that he's wrong (De Gea did win the trophy under Fergie, and there's multiple champions in his squad; as the article notes, "Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, David De Gea and Ashley Young. Meanwhile, Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini and Daley Blind have all been title winners overseas."), thats his fault. He's the one who has spent four transfer windows and over 200m building this team, so if its not how he wants it, thats his failings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Oh god.

Hopefully only a few weeks left of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2861138/manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal-claims-side-lacked-title-experience

He said: "The players we are now playing are not used to being champions. I don't think [Matteo] Darmian is used to it. De Gea was never a champion.

"You have to see the situation where the club is. We have seen that we are in a transition period. When I was mentioned as the coach, it was also about that.

"Now we are fighting for the Champions League and still in the FA Cup. We have to fight for something, and we shall do it. Hopefully we can beat Leicester City."

Even ignoring the fact that he's wrong (De Gea did win the trophy under Fergie, and there's multiple champions in his squad; as the article notes, "Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, David De Gea and Ashley Young. Meanwhile, Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini and Daley Blind have all been title winners overseas."), thats his fault. He's the one who has spent four transfer windows and over 200m building this team, so if its not how he wants it, thats his failings.

The Rooney/Carrick "one, maybe more than one" is fair funny though. They both have five. :pac:

The comments that Leicester have had it easy compaired to United are brilliant. Poor lvg is in a little bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its hard to believe it has got this bad. For years I was looking forward to Ferguson retiring because I was frustrated with his team selections and transfer policy but what I'd give now to have him back. Be careful what you wish for.

I have total faith in Mourinho though. I'm an atheist praying for Mourinho to be manager.

Oh Lord, that is just embarrassing for LVG. Does he really think Rooney has one the PL 'maybe more than once.'
    Take the FA Cup and get out!

Absolutely fuming to wake up to this crock of ****.. the hangover probably isn't helping. He actually has no idea the wealth of experience that he firstly ****ed out the door and secondly that is still in his ranks. This is his "we aspire to be like City" moment. Can't wait till he is gone.

Ducker has reiterated his story that Jose has a deal done and will sanction the signings of Sanches and Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It just goes to show how little he actually knows about the squad.

I'd have much more confidence in him getting the door based on crap like the above than any journalistic scoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zerks wrote: »
    Ducker has reiterated his story that Jose has a deal done and will sanction the signings of Sanches and Stones.

Is Ducker still quite highly regarded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

When did he sat this?! The article won't load on mobile for some reason. That's outrageous from LvG. It's obvious that Rooney is his favourite, Carrick too. But to get so much wring with such a small statement is ridiculous!! As well as forgetting his club champions he's also forgetting he has world cup winners in Basti and Mata. That comment has annoyed me, pure horsesh!t. How the he'll can he know so little about his players after this long.

Is Ducker still quite highly regarded?

He'd be considered one of the more reliable United journalists; that is to say, not really THAT reliable, but more reliable than others. He'd be one of the journalists given briefs by Woody (not saying all his stories are briefs, though). Usually, if you see him, Ladyman and Jackson post the same article at the same time, then it's close to official. But this seems to be more about him making sure he's on the right boat.
    When did he sat this?! The article won't load on mobile for some reason. That's outrageous from LvG. It's obvious that Rooney is his favourite, Carrick too. But to get so much wring with such a small statement is ridiculous!! As well as forgetting his club champions he's also forgetting he has world cup winners in Basti and Mata. That comment has annoyed me, pure horsesh!t. How the he'll can he know so little about his players after this long.

Seems to be from his press conference yesterday ahead of the Leicester game.

I was furious watching that press conference when he said DDG never won the title.

I didnt notice the carrick/rooney comment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jesus what does lvg be smoking..

It's as if he is saying this used to a successful club big difference now and we are doing our best to fight for fourth

Absolute mug he is its hard to even talk about him now without getting thick, sooner he is shown the door the better

• Advertisement

I think LVG is great more concentrated on the football side of things and not worried about past glories :D

Don't think it was mentioned here yet but David De Gea has won Player of the Month for United for April!!!

Definitely deserved it. That penalty stop vs Everton was f**king unbelievable. Haven't seen reflexes like that in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Don't think it was mentioned here yet but David De Gea has won Player of the Month for United for April!!!

Definitely deserved it. That penalty stop vs Everton was f**king unbelievable. Haven't seen reflexes like that in a long time.
    big dave is like a gracious cat. throwing his paws at everything... THUG LIFE Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

For me the worst thing is the implications behind van Gaals words. It's less a factual statement and more an implication that that "these players are not champions", that in other words they are not good enough.

Even if de gea hadn't won a title, what smart manager would ever say the words "de gea is not a champion" anyway? As a soundbite it comes across awfully, it really makes van Gaal seem deluded.

That whole quote if true is disgraceful, it reeks of a small time mentality far more than anything David Moyes ever said. Van Gaal ****ed this team up and to cover it up now he wants you to believe that this is all what we should be expecting from the club anyway. Just who does he think he is fooling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

And Leicesters players have how many titles between them? Jebus Lvg talks a lot of sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its probably worse than what Moyes has ever said

(shiver just went down my spine)

Goal of the year down to the final four.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2016/Apr/Manchester-United-Goal-of-the-Season-2015-16-award-Twitter-poll-video-four-shortlist.aspx

Anthony Martial v Liverpool, Old Trafford, 12/9/2015
    Less than a fortnight after he was signed from Monaco, our new no.9 was unfazed by the occasion, coming off the bench and showcasing expert pace and skill to bamboozle Martin Skrtel before calmly finishing past Simon Mignolet. His dream debut goal sealed a 3-1 win for United and sparked wild celebrations around the Theatre of Dreams.

Anthony Martial v Stoke, Old Trafford, 2/2/2016
    Martial again shone for the Reds as the Potters were put to the sword. The Frenchman finished off a sweeping United counter-attack involving Rooney and Mata, beating Jack Butland with an arced effort.

Marcus Rashford v City, Etihad Stadium, 19/3/2016
    Manchester-born Rashford joins Jesse Lingard as another Academy graduate to be included in our shortlist, thanks to his winning goal in the derby. Many had forecast a comfortable win for the Blues, but United took advantage of a weakened City defence, with the 18-year-old showing blistering pace to leave Martin Demichelis behind before slotting home a cool finish that belied his young years.

Marcus Rashford v West Ham, Boleyn Ground, 13/4/2016
    The teenage striker made another indelible mark on our season when he broke the deadlock in United’s Emirates FA Cup quarter-final replay tie against West Ham. Before Marcus struck, the visitors were enjoying the better of the play, but the match was still delicately poised. That was until our young forward’s intervention, as he again demonstrated his skill when one-on-one with a defender, but it was his curling finish that left fans awestruck as the Reds marched on to a Wembley semi-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

City - Pep along with infinite € will surely get them hitting form next season.

Chelsea - Conte along with infinite € will also have them flying.

Liverpool - Klopp is already dragging them up by the bootlaces. When he gets in a few of his own signings and ships out the deadwood they will be definite top 4 challengers next season IMO.

Arsenal - honestly don't know what to expect from them but surely top 4 bound. They have historically been a solid top 4 team and Wenger always seems to squeeze it out of them

Spurs - Pochettino looks like the real deal and he will almost definitely have them kicking on. Title contenders this year, surely will be in the top 4 next year.

Leicester - massive unknown entity next year. This season has been a wonderful anomaly for them so it's very hard to imagine how they will do next season. At the very very least you would expect them to be ultra competitive hovering around Europa league football. Who really knows!

The thoughts of us being stuck with LVGs bullsh1t for another season while the competition are shaping up as above is truly truly a terrifying prospect. Utd could find themselves spiralling downward like Liverpool did.

Utd desperately need to appoint a proven winner. The Mourinho to Utd links simply have to be far more than mere speculation at this stage. If he or someone of his calibre is not the manager of Manchester United next season it will gut-wrenching :(

• Arsenal & West Ham loss?

Would be nice

• Advertisement

Norwich will hopefully be pushing on to try get a win now with results elsewhere so could be a good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement