Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Norwich will hopefully be pushing on to try get a win now with results elsewhere so could be a good one.

Yeah but it's Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah but it's Norwich.

Yeh but they playing arsenal in a bad climate :)

Yeh but they playing arsenal in a bad climate :)

Yeah but it's Norwich.

Yeah but it's Norwich.

Still arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Just realised our goalie is gonna be player of the season for 3 years in a row. That's awful.

• Advertisement

Just realised our goalie is gonna be player of the season for 3 years in a row. That's awful.

Meh. He's the only player you could make an argument for being anywhere near the best in the game in their position.

Imagine where we would be if he wasn't our best player we would be in big trouble im just thankful we still have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

no matter if that happens or not we should count ourselves lucky to have a talent as immense as david degea. imo best keeper in the world right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

West Ham now ahead of us on goal difference. :(

Yeah but it's Norwich.
    Still arsenal.

I can see both sides to this discussion, and probably one of the best reasoned one in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I can see both sides to this discussion, and probably one of the best reasoned one in a while

The "big" protest at the Emirates would barely make it into the top 4 of protests.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    The "big" protest at the Emirates would barely make it into the top 4 of protests.:pac::pac::pac:

Seemed like 10% only with the signs maybe less

Norwich not putting in too bad a shift in fairness

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Norwich not putting in too bad a shift in fairness

Huge 45 mins incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Huge 45 mins incoming...

D. Welbz to the rescue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah bums

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

'Welbeck going to come on to hinder United' is what I was going to post earlier but then got a phone call and came back to the post I was about to make...it was inevitable.

Should never have sold him to one of our rivals :pac: :cool:

Should never have sold him to one of our rivals :pac: :cool:

World class player

World class player

Just waiting on him to miss an open goal now and Norwich to score on the counter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Results haven't gone our way today.

Pressure building for tomorrow.

Must win game!!!!!

Results haven't gone our way today.

Pressure building for tomorrow.

Must win game!!!!!

Ahh our games are must win anyway if we don't win the four games we won't be getting top four so Westham don't really come into it. If we win we are looking at the Arsenal city game next week if we don't win let the lot of em off 5th place don't matter a fuk.

I stand corrected but afaik Kasper Schmeichel has never played in OT.Imagine he could win the league on the ground where his father became a legend.

While it'd be a nice story I hope he won't mind waiting a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I stand corrected but afaik Kasper Schmeichel has never played in OT.Imagine he could win the league on the ground where his father became a legend.

While it'd be a nice story I hope he won't mind waiting a couple of days.

I've no doubt peter will be rooting for Leicester tomorrow

Hococop wrote: »
    I've no doubt peter will be rooting for Leicester tomorrow

Hopefully he is in the Sky studio tomorrow. Would be nice to hear what he thinks about the whole situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We now lie in 6th place.
    We could well be going into tomorrows game 1 point above 7th.
    A loss against the champions elect would cap off a miserable campagin.
    It's a must win game for us before our two away games in the space of 3 days.

Bring on the fa cup final which will hopefully bring the curtain down on Van Gaal's very dissapointing reign as manager of the best club in the world:(

Remember the deadline to confirm Jose or face financial penalties,midnight is approaching for the first one to kick in (allegedly)

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/mourinho-to-sign-final-man-united-contract-before-midnight-accord

Remember the deadline to confirm Jose or face financial penalties,midnight is approaching for the first one to kick in (allegedly)

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/mourinho-to-sign-final-man-united-contract-before-midnight-accord

Holy ****, I just realised that means summer starts tomorrow :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Why don't journalists challenge LvG when he says something so stupid ? Surely the like of SAF will be listening to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Discodog wrote: »
    Why don't journalists challenge LvG when he says something so stupid ? Surely the like of SAF will be listening to that.

Easier to make headlines.

Easier to make headlines.

Speaking of headlines,the Sunday World claim "a source" has said Jose will keep Giggs as assistant or bring in Gary Neville to keep the hierarchy at the club happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Giggs needs to go away and get a job of his own. If he ends up being assistant to Jose it would be ridiculous at that stage. Either piss or get off the pot!

Sam Wallace, chief football writer for the Telegraph, says that...

Manchester United have finally made their opening move to appoint Jose Mourinho in the past three days and the next week will be critical if they are to install him as Louis van Gaal’s successor at the end of the season.

Mourinho, sacked on Dec 17 by Chelsea, wants the job but he has made it clear that he will not simply take it on any terms. His two key requirements are that any new club demonstrate to him that there is stability at the top, a clear structure of command and stability – which is what he feels he was not afforded at Chelsea in the third season of his second spell.

The 53-year-old also wants to begin his job at the very start of the summer, at the end of this season, without negotiations hanging over into the post-season. He wants a clean break from the past and, most importantly, the chance to go into the club, to analyse his squad over the maximum amount of time, to recommend signings and be ready for when the players come back in late July to begin working with the squad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/30/manchester-united-make-opening-move-to-appoint-jose-mourinho/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Speaking of headlines,the Sunday World claim "a source" has said Jose will keep Giggs as assistant or bring in Gary Neville to keep the hierarchy at the club happy.

It's Kevin Palmer. He has been flip flopping since the beginning.. seems to be writing a lot of Giggs articles which would lead me to believe that Giggs camp is using him..

I really think having Giggs on the coaching setup would be seriously undermining Jose. We need a clean break and Jose needs to have his staff that he trusts with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So Jose will be 5 million richer in 50 minutes?

Would put him in the top 8 earning managers of the year and he hasn't even got a job

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    It's Kevin Palmer. He has been flip flopping since the beginning.. seems to be writing a lot of Giggs articles which would lead me to believe that Giggs camp is using him..

I really think having Giggs on the coaching setup would be seriously undermining Jose. We need a clean break and Jose needs to have his staff that he trusts with him.

Maybe Red Issue weren't far off the mark about Giggs being "a snake".If he's leaking stuff to reporters behind LVG's back that is bang out of order.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sam Wallace, chief football writer for the Telegraph, says that...

Manchester United have finally made their opening move to appoint Jose Mourinho in the past three days and the next week will be critical if they are to install him as Louis van Gaal’s successor at the end of the season.

Mourinho, sacked on Dec 17 by Chelsea, wants the job but he has made it clear that he will not simply take it on any terms. His two key requirements are that any new club demonstrate to him that there is stability at the top, a clear structure of command and stability – which is what he feels he was not afforded at Chelsea in the third season of his second spell.

The 53-year-old also wants to begin his job at the very start of the summer, at the end of this season, without negotiations hanging over into the post-season. He wants a clean break from the past and, most importantly, the chance to go into the club, to analyse his squad over the maximum amount of time, to recommend signings and be ready for when the players come back in late July to begin working with the squad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/30/manchester-united-make-opening-move-to-appoint-jose-mourinho/

The Mail wants to cheer us all up:rolleyes::(

ChUUpyAWYAA9zjw.jpg

Jaysus, its all kicking off now...

"'Of course they knew it would be hard. That is why they have hired me,' he said.
    'We spoke about that (at the start) and we have a process of three years. I want to sign for two years, they want three years, not I.
    'I have signed for three years so next year you see me again!'"

I'm hoping that just cause he's saying it, that doesn't mean its fact. Moyes was saying the same right up to his sacking.

Meanwhile, The Sun is saying Giggs is splitting from the wife after being caught flirting with some waitress from his restaurant. Apparently they've been separated for months, but still living together. I'd like to think the timing means he's decided to move off somewhere else to manage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Maybe Red Issue weren't far off the mark about Giggs being "a snake".If he's leaking stuff to reporters behind LVG's back that is bang out of order.

There's no evidence of this.

I cannot see Utd letting Giggs go. He'll be around, in some capacity, until he's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I cannot see Utd letting Giggs go. He'll be around, in some capacity, until he's dead.

Dibs not doing it.

• Advertisement

That's why I said "maybe",I'm just surmising that they might have heard something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That's why I said "maybe",I'm just surmising that they might have heard something.

I get you. I'm just surprised that Giggs' name is being tarnished for no reason. His standing up on the touch line was blown out of proportion.

The club didn't exactly back LVG with this statement:

“The managerial situation is something we have not commented on and do not wish to do so now.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

“The managerial situation is something we have not commented on and do not wish to do so now.”

That says enough I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I thought that LvG would leave honourably, hopefully with us in 4th & with the FA cup. If he leaves then it's clear that he will have to be sacked. I can see it getting nasty especially as Jose has stressed how LvG is his friend.

I wonder if the crowd will react to his comments ? He clearly thinks that the fans are behind him.

Where's that quote from?

Lads a lot of talk about Memphis leaving on Twitter!!!!
    Apparently he has deleted all his United Instagram pictures and unfollowed all his United teammates.

Surely the man deserves another year but maybe things just aren't meant to be. I'd be pissed off if we send him to another PL club. He is still very young and I feel like in a season or two, he will become that player we all want him to be.

Lads a lot of talk about Memphis leaving on Twitter!!!!
    Apparently he has deleted all his United Instagram pictures and unfollowed all his United teammates.

Surely the man deserves another year but maybe things just aren't meant to be. I'd be pissed off if we send him to another PL club. He is still very young and I feel like in a season or two, he will become that player we all want him to be.

Afaik, he deleted ALL his pictures and unfollowed everyone but a few people. Not just United related.

Giggs is a single man now it seems:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/ryan-giggs-splits-wife-after-7872043#gKMpBEY4j3bYHlrV.97
    Ryan Giggs ’ wife Stacey has ended their marriage after finding out he was flirting with waitresses at a restaurant he owns, it has been claimed.

A source said it was the last straw for Stacey, 37, after her efforts to keep the marriage going in the wake of the Manchester United legend’s affairs with Imogen Thomas and his brother’s wife Natasha.

Ryan, 42, has reportedly told friends: “It’s over for good”.

It is believed the couple parted three months ago, although they kept it a secret and continued to live in the same house.

Man United assistant manager Giggs apparently missed the Stoke match in February due to the split.

Old habits die hard I suppose.

What I find odd is that a few at the club value his integrity and morals higher than those of Jose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement