Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Headshot wrote: »
    Its so embarrassing

Ahh stop will ya that was hilarious. Go have a shot chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

jayo26 wrote: »
    So bloody frustrating all season we get in touching distance of making progress and fuk itt up. The amount of points threw away this year is criminal.

That period in December were we lost 3 games in a row vs Stoke, Bournemouth and Norwich (iirc) has cost us the season.

I knew after that period that those points would come back to haunt us and now when u look at the table, had we an extra 6-9 points, everything would be different.

Absolutely disgraceful how we throw away points like that. Like many others, I won't be surprised if we lose points in our last 3 games of the season. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mane a great lad

• :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hope Southampton now make it easy to the final whistle.

I would take Sadio Mane for right wing, we need a player for that position so badly. Though preference is for Griezmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hope Southampton now make it easy to the final whistle.

I would take Sadio Mane for right wing, we need a player for that position so badly. Though preference is for Griezmann.

Tadic has flown under the radar recently. Setting up a lot of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Anyone else think Martial was very poor today? Still a constant danger but his passing and positioning were way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Its getting increasingly annoying that we didn't win earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow that is some counter attacking football

Such a Sadio day for Man City :P

Some Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mane man today.

• I love being a utd fan, they always bring the excitement.

Season ain't over yet

I'll start shouting now for next weekend...c'mon United and Arsenal.
    Also for midweek, c'mon Real Madrid and Villareal.

• Advertisement

City really don't want top four spot. I hope they actually beat madrid midweek now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone else think Martial was very poor today? Still a constant danger but his passing and positioning were way off.

A few off passes but not very poor. Sure he is only 20!

I'll start shouting now for next weekend...c'mon United and Arsenal.
    Also for midweek, c'mon Real Madrid and Villareal.
    Imagine how bad city be if they get past madrid they be all afraid of picking up injuries before final. Id love it.

City really don't want top four spot. I hope they actually beat madrid midweek now.

I hope City have an end of season collapse and win no more games and have Pep in the Europa League.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    A few off passes but not very poor. Sure he is only 20!

Looked way off to me. When I say very poor I mean by his own standards. Age has nothing to do with it btw.

• Advertisement

I hope City have an end of season collapse and win no more games and have Pep in the Europa League.

Well obviously we all want that but been realistic to if they get knocked out of Europe they will be fighting for top four more.

Imagine how bad city be if they get past madrid they be all afraid of picking up injuries before final. Id love it.

Man City in the CL final, so much could go wrong for us, same with Liverpool in the EL final.
    Be rather sick to get 4th and then to lose out due to European trophy wins.

Man City in the CL final, so much could go wrong for us, same with Liverpool in the EL final.
    Be rather sick to get 4th and then to lose out due to European trophy wins.

City won't beat athletic or bayern noway them two clubs have so much passion and quality.

Well obviously we all want that but been realistic to if they get knocked out of Europe they will be fighting for top four more.

They had a patch of bad form that helped United catch them, think losing to Real Madrid would dishearten them, if followed up by a loss to Arsenal, and their PL form is desperate against the top sides in the league.

United need to just win from now on and hope for European failure and Arsenal not to lose to save our season in the league.

Iheanacho is such a good player, he has impressed me this season.

Yehh he looks a quality player and they giving him game time. I assume he dont qualify for England they haven't been talking him up that much.

City won't beat athletic or bayern noway them two clubs have so much passion and quality.

I know what you are saying, just want risk free finals, we have to wait till next weekend to see if we can keep dreaming about 4th place...how standards have fallen...

Yehh he looks a quality player and they giving him game time. I assume he dont qualify for England they haven't been talking him up that much.

He plays for Nigeria, looks to have the potential to be their best player ever.

He plays for Nigeria, looks to have the potential to be their best player ever.

He's no Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Wouldnt it better for United if City get to CL final,keep them occupied for a few more weeks and not concentrate on top 4.

Obviously then they get beaten in the final 5-0

Today's games show just how competitive the league is. Liverpool and City rest a few players and are both tonked in games you would usually expect them to win.
    I'm not trying to make excuses for Van Gaal as we were pretty bad even with a full squad to pick from but any sort of injury crisis will severely hamper your season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Still clinging on in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    He's no Rashford.

Yeah, he's way better.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah, he's way better.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They still have the small matter of Real Madrid midweek.They won't win there.

It's alright lads we will gain a point on City today :pac:

Never in doubt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thought Rashford was excellent today. His touches and link up play were top class. Shame he was playing with a lot of people who were not at the races.

Just heard the Van Gaal post match interview.

"The fans were applauding us off at the end of the match"

Feck off

Early kick off for the Norwich game,don't like those early games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think something that let us down today was our final ball from wide areas. Rojo and Valencia... Rojo in particular got into some great areas and had multiple chances to deliver dangerous crosses but with Rojo apart from one occasion it's always hit and hope and just 'lump it in' . Valancia just done not seem to have it in him anymore to beat a man to the byline and fannies about with it too often or else plays a safe ball back to a midfielder. Thought it strange to see him in ahead of Darmian today. Disappointing as that seemed a weakness for Leicester down the flanks we should have exposed them more.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    They still have the small matter of Real Madrid midweek.They won't win there.

I know we were talking about id like them to get past madrid because the players would be all afraid of Injury for last two league games and rob said no because he wouldn't want them in final. I can't seem them getting anything from Madrid at all but id love it if they did.

Maybe NSFW: Some "sex masochism".

fellaini-elbow-huth-1462122802-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If Fellaini gets a ban which I think is likely, Huth should get the same. Reefing someone by the hair like that is violent conduct as far as I am concerned and LVG was spot on any player would react the same.

• Strumms wrote: »
    If Fellaini gets a ban which I think is likely, Huth should get the same. Reefing someone by the hair like that is violent conduct as far as I am concerned and LVG was spot on any player would react the same.

Agree, but the "justice warriors" only want to point out fellainis mishap

He seriously gets picked on by rival fans and the media, which slighlty humours me I must say

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its like City actively don't want Top 4.

We're on 60 points, with 69 as our cap. Norwich, West Ham and Bournemouth to face.
    Presuming we win all three...
    Arsenal on 67, with 73 as their cap. City and Villa to face. 3 points from a possible 6 gives them top 4.
    City are on 64, with 70 as their cap. Arsenal and Swansea to face still. 6 points from 6 needed to get top 4.

Looks like if we're catching anyone, it's City; Arsenal will beat Villa so that will get them out of reach. So we're going to need them to beat City for added measure. If City beat Arsenal, it will come down to the last day of the season, and I'd be confident enough City will beat Swansea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strumms wrote: »

I've defended Fel in the past, but can't here.
    Trying to put pulling someones hair and elbowing them twice in the face on the same tier is crazy, imo, and only happening here cause he's a United player.

It probably should have been a penalty if Fel goes down from a hair tug, and a yellow card. But, from a professionalism point of view, you can't start throwing elbows, no matter what happens, when you're on the field. You can cause serious damage doing it if you catch people the wrong way.

Hair pulling is childish. Elbowing someone is bordering on assault.

I'd be shocked if Fel doesn't get a 3 match ban for it, especially given he's developed a reputation for it.

• Advertisement

At least he had some sort of an excuse for throwing elbows this time usually he doesn't.

If the ref sees what Huth did is it a red card?

Watch what will happen if Fellaini gets 3 games,LVG will play Schneiderlin alongside Carrick so we'll have 2 DM's in games we must win.Herrera will be kicking his heels on the bench.

zerks wrote: »
    Watch what will happen if Fellaini gets 3 games,LVG will play Schneiderlin alongside Carrick so we'll have 2 DM's in games we must win.Herrera will be kicking his heels on the bench.

Herrera was crap when he came on today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement