Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've defended Fel in the past, but can't here.
    Trying to put pulling someones hair and elbowing them twice in the face on the same tier is crazy, imo, and only happening here cause he's a United player.

It probably should have been a penalty if Fel goes down from a hair tug, and a yellow card. But, from a professionalism point of view, you can't start throwing elbows, no matter what happens, when you're on the field. You can cause serious damage doing it if you catch people the wrong way.

Hair pulling is childish. Elbowing someone is bordering on assault.

I'd be shocked if Fel doesn't get a 3 match ban for it, especially given he's developed a reputation for it.

I cannot agree mate.

If it was a little tug then absolutely, it was an over reaction, it wasnt a little tug though.

Look at the incident again, hell, look at the photos above.

Huth has a proper fistful of his hair and is jerking it back, look at the angle of Fellaini neck, it shows just how hard his hair is being pulled.

How is anyone supposed to react in that situation?

We all know Fellaini is loose with the elbows, and I agree 100% its reckless and dangerous however in the case today its a 100% understandable why he reacted that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Herrera was crap when he came on today.

Little game time and coming off the bench in a very competitive game with 15 minutes, you can't expect much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Villa on an 11 game losing streak it can't go on much longer hopefully Newcastle batter them and then they get a shock win at Arsenal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Villa on an 11 game losing streak it can't go on much longer hopefully Newcastle batter them and then they get a shock win at Arsenal :pac:

Check the post in the Humour thread of their fans reaction when they won a corner yesterday.:pac::pac:

• I cannot agree mate.

If it was a little tug then absolutely, it was an over reaction, it wasnt a little tug though.

Huth has a proper fistful of his hair and is jerking it back, look at the angle of Fellaini neck, it shows just how hard his hair is being pulled.

We all know Fellaini is loose with the elbows, and I agree 100% its reckless and dangerous however in the case today its a 100% understandable why he reacted that way.

This is spot on

Whenever Fellani is involved everything gets exaggerated. Tbf Fellani was out of order but the main discussion should be about Huth being pure scummy and pulling his hair. What ends up happening is people focus on Fellanis reaction to it and negate the reasons why. Huth should be the one getting slatted but guess what it's easier to pick on the media scapegoat. Rival fans jumping on it dont help the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

City play Arsenal and Swansea for their remaining two games.

We play Norwich, West Ham and Bournemouth.

If City lose vs Arsenal and we win all our games, top 4 will be achieved.

Massive ask though and very unlikely that we will bag 9 points out of 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've defended Fel in the past, but can't here.
    Trying to put pulling someones hair and elbowing them twice in the face on the same tier is crazy, imo, and only happening here cause he's a United player.

It probably should have been a penalty if Fel goes down from a hair tug, and a yellow card. But, from a professionalism point of view, you can't start throwing elbows, no matter what happens, when you're on the field. You can cause serious damage doing it if you catch people the wrong way.

Hair pulling is childish. Elbowing someone is bordering on assault.

I'd be shocked if Fel doesn't get a 3 match ban for it, especially given he's developed a reputation for it.

It wasn't to my mind like someone pulling someones hair quickly in a playground. He was actually reefing out of him. That is ****ing painful and if anyone did that to me or anyone you would react the same. Not to say Fellaini should not be sent off had the referee seen it or even retro actively punished. Do I class what Huth did in the same tier ? yes quite simply because it was in my mind violent conduct and worthy of a red although it would be hard for the referee to see it. If Huth wants to go around doing that kind of stuff and does end up with a smashed nose and a cracked cheekbone then he really has question himself as he would have done what he did not only to gain an advantage but to provoke a reaction... not defending Fellaini but Huth needs to be punished also... He himself walks a very tight line in every game he plays, even back at his Stoke and Chelsea days...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I cannot agree mate.

Huth's intention is to stop Fel getting the ball. Fel's intention is to hurt someone. Thats why I'd put what Fel did a few tiers above what Huth did.

When you go out on the field, there's things you just don't do. Throwing elbows like that is one of them. Its one thing when he's jumping and his arms go wild; I try and give him the benefit of the doubt. But in this case, it's clear as day. He makes the decision to try to hurt Huth. Not bring it to the ref's attention or shove him back. He goes straight to "I'm going to try to hurt you".

As a footballer, you just can't react that way. To me, throwing an attack at another player like that is a vicious act, and one that has no place in the modern game. As I said, what Huth did was childish and dirty, but it's nowhere near the same tier as trying to crack someone in the head with an elbow; done wrong, you can break bones or seriously injure someone like that. For me, throwing an elbow in such a vicious manner will never be understandable. It would be one thing if he shoved him, or threw a slap, but he decided to use one of the hardest parts of his body to cause harm to Huth. That will never be acceptable imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Huth's intention is to stop Fel getting the ball. Fel's intention is to hurt someone. Thats why I'd put what Fel did a few tiers above what Huth did.

When you go out on the field, there's things you just don't do. Throwing elbows like that is one of them. Its one thing when he's jumping and his arms go wild; I try and give him the benefit of the doubt. But in this case, it's clear as day. He makes the decision to try to hurt Huth. Not bring it to the ref's attention or shove him back. He goes straight to "I'm going to try to hurt you".

As a footballer, you just can't react that way. To me, throwing an attack at another player like that is a vicious act, and one that has no place in the modern game. As I said, what Huth did was childish and dirty, but it's nowhere near the same tier as trying to crack someone in the head with an elbow; done wrong, you can break bones or seriously injure someone like that. For me, throwing an elbow in such a vicious manner will never be understandable. It would be one thing if he shoved him, or threw a slap, but he decided to use one of the hardest parts of his body to cause harm to Huth. That will never be acceptable imo.

I didn't say it was acceptable, I said it was understandable.

He was not facing Huth so could not shove or slap out at him.

Its a human, physical, muscle reaction, its feckin sore having your hair pulled never mind having a big strong man like Huth do it with a huge amount of force.

What Fellaini did was violent conduct, no doubt, what Huth did is just as bad because its sneaky, calculated and designed to get a reaction to try and get the player sent off.

Its snakey bastard stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I wouldn't condone what Fellaini did but there is an element of "you play with fire..." on Huth's part so I wouldn't be getting all outraged about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Getting the head dragged off you is ****ing painful and massively annoying. For once I don't blame fellaini for reacting. That said, he can take his ban on the chin as well as Huth did that elbow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Has Valencia been injured this season or just out of favour? I know he can be very hit and miss with his crossing but he's usually a threat going forward and does looks a danger.

• Johner wrote: »
    Has Valencia been injured this season or just out of favour? I know he can be very hit and miss with his crossing but he's usually a threat going forward and does looks a danger.

He was out long term, couple of months tbf

• Getting the head dragged off you is ****ing painful and massively annoying. For once I don't blame fellaini for reacting. That said, he can take his ban on the chin as well as Huth did that elbow

Question is will Huth get the same punishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Question is will Huth get the same punishment?

My guess if fellaini gets 3, huth might get 1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

As already said, getting your hair pulled out in an aggressive manner is very painful.
    When the hair pulling is coming from behind, the only way to stop it is to use your leg to kick back or your arm to try and wrestle the person off to try and stop them.
    What Huth did is worse than anything Fellaini did, Huth would not be elbowed if he hadn't being looking for a piece of Fellaini's scalp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Eric going for Final Days Saddam look.

https://twitter.com/AnderHerrera/status/726836851978428417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RobertKK wrote: »
    As already said, getting your hair pulled out in an aggressive manner is very painful.
    When the hair pulling is coming from behind, the only way to stop it is to use your leg to kick back or your arm to try and wrestle the person off to try and stop them.
    What Huth did is worse than anything Fellaini did, Huth would not be elbowed if he hadn't being looking for a piece of Fellaini's scalp.

Ah now !!
    Fellaini has been doing that all season without having his hair pulled. It's not a one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"we didn't get the result today" must be saved on every United players Twitter page.

Followed by " we will keep fighting" or " Glory Glory Man Utd" or "we still believe"

How about just doing it on ****ing pitch!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Said it earlier, glad I'm not the only one

Ah now !!
    Fellaini has been doing that all season without having his hair pulled. It's not a one off.

I didn't say it was a one off, but pulling someone's hair aggressive from behind, natural reaction is to use your arm or leg to attack the aggressor to try and make them stop.
    It is not like Huth was elbowed for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

161kbuw.jpg

n3tfue.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone else see a game in hand and automatically add on three points? :D I'm always doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

OK, dream time. Draw between Arsenal and City, United beat West Ham and Norwich, Spurs beat Chelsea and Southampton, Leicester lose to Everton. Final day showdown, all to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

If given the chance to sign Mahrez or Mane in the summer who would people go for?

Imo Mane would be better long term signing.Slightly different types of players but of the two Mane is probably more versatile as regards where he can play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Can't believe his missus stuck with him after he'd been shagging her sister for EIGHT years and finally decides to leave him because he flirted with some waitress :eek: http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/ryan-giggs-splits-from-wife-stacey-after-she-caught-him-flirting-with-waitress-as-brother-tweets-smoke-and-fire-comes-to-mind-34675062.html

OK, dream time. Draw between Arsenal and City, United beat West Ham and Norwich, Spurs beat Chelsea and Southampton, Leicester lose to Everton. Final day showdown, all to play for.

Draw would be a bad result imo. We need Arsenal to beat City. Arsenal will beat Villa, so that will make them uncatchable. Our best chance now is to slip past City, so we could do with them dropping every point possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Draw would be a bad result imo. We need Arsenal to beat City. Arsenal will beat Villa, so that will make them uncatchable. Our best chance now is to slip past City, so we could do with them dropping every point possible.

Wont really matter in the grand scheme of things, we are 4 points behind City with a game in hand, if they get 4 points and we win our three games we will be on 69 and they will be on 68, if they lose to Arsenal and we pick up 7 points we will be on 67 and they will be on 67, but they have about 15 goals on us i think. so either way we need to win all three games, we cannot afford to drop any points now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Pissed off with that second half performance, especially now after the city result. That game was a must win and it's like the players didn't know this or care. We should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them towards the end but we didn't even manage any meaningful shots on target in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If given the chance to sign Mahrez or Mane in the summer who would people go for?

Imo Mane would be better long term signing.Slightly different types of players but of the two Mane is probably more versatile as regards where he can play.

Id probably get Mahrez, he would be more suited for a postion we need a signing for - right wing.

Mane seems to be mostly central/ left wing so not what we need

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

astradave wrote: »
    Wont really matter in the grand scheme of things, we are 4 points behind City with a game in hand, if they get 4 points and we win our three games we will be on 69 and they will be on 68, if they lose to Arsenal and we pick up 7 points we will be on 67 and they will be on 67, but they have about 15 goals on us i think. so either way we need to win all three games, we cannot afford to drop any points now

Yeah. West Ham need City to lose to have it in their hands. A draw OK for Utd.

That Hammers/Utd game is going to be massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pissed off with that second half performance, especially now after the city result. That game was a must win and it's like the players didn't know this or care. We should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them towards the end but we didn't even manage any meaningful shots on target in the second half.

Meh, if United win and City win then it's a worse position than it is now which might have happened if United won. If there's a draw in the City Arsenal game it puts it in United's hands again which is huge. West Ham is the one game that looks dodgy on paper and United have beaten them recently there. Playing decent enough stuff at the moment too. Still, with the propensity for messing up with this team I'd still not be confident.

I think City will not beat Swansea away.

Swansea are in good form recently, and I am sure they want to end the season on a high by keeping their recent form intact.

It is possible City gets just 1 or 2 more points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think City will not beat Swansea away.

Swansea are in good form recently, and I am sure they want to end the season on a high by keeping their recent form intact.

It is possible City gets just 1 or 2 more points.

That would be amazing. I think if City don't win this weekend and we do, then the team should be good enough to win two games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fellaini only threw one elbow, not two. The second was the swing if an arm and would have been a slap had it made contact. #pedantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

zerks wrote: »

Thats just filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

adox wrote: »
    Fellaini only threw one elbow, not two. The second was the swing if an arm and would have been a slap had it made contact. #pedantic

Could have also been a penalty for the initial hair tug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just want this season to be done, and Van Gaal to be gone. Its all just painfully dull and predictable.

Louis.... just leave, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Didn't see game live,having seen highlights on MOTD am disgusted at Depays attitude jumping out of challenge from Keeper at v end of game.....he was closer to ball,is v fast,had he made any connection with ball Schmeichel could not have avoided contact with him.

Cue penalty to possibly win game for Utd.Can you imagine past players like Charlton,Law,Keane,Hughes etc watching that overpaid thus far flop chickening out of going for ball!:(

Didn't see game live,having seen highlights on MOTD am disgusted at Depays attitude jumping out of challenge from Keeper at v end of game.....he was closer to ball,is v fast,had he made any connection with ball Schmeichel could not have avoided contact with him.

Cue penalty to possibly win game for Utd.Can you imagine past players like Charlton,Law,Keane,Hughes etc watching that overpaid thus far flop chickening out of going for ball!:(

Was going mental at this too, was pathetic. Him and Rojo can fk off along with LVG this summer. What the hell has happened with CBJ is he still injured? Think if he were playing we would have won today, Rojo had so much space all afternoon to put in some decent crosses and they got progressively ****ter. That's without even getting started on his defensive contribution.

• Advertisement

Not sure bout CBJ. Think he was hurt but is back. Reality is "kids" don't get time unless senior players are hurt and unavailable. Also, afaik, CBJ is out of contract in a few weeks too. Not heard anything bout him getting another yet.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not sure bout CBJ. Think he was hurt but is back. Reality is "kids" don't get time unless senior players are hurt and unavailable. Also, afaik, CBJ is out of contract in a few weeks too. Not heard anything bout him getting another yet.

He was in flying form before he got injured IMO, one would hope a new contract is nailed down. He's got bags of potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is 4th all but gone now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Is 4th all but gone now?

It's closer than it was before today :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Is 4th all but gone now?

Mathematically, no.

It all hinges on the arsenal beating city.

Then we need to win 3 in a row.

But its the hope that kills ya.

Is 4th all but gone now?

Presuming we win three out of three games.
    Arsenal need 1 win out of two.
    City need 2 wins out of 2.
    They have to play each other. So hope Arsenal win, if they do and we win all our games, we pip City to the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

It's closer than it was before today :confused:

This league is just ridiculous at times which is why I love it. Very hard to predict what might happen.
    West Ham are right on our tails now and might fancy that 4th place spot especially with the fixtures and form both Manchester clubs are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't see this Utd side going to West ham and winning :(

I don't see this Utd side going to West ham and winning :(

We did it a few weeks ago. Will be difficult though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A draw in the City Arsenal game is as good to us as an Arsenal victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement