Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

adox wrote: »
    A draw in the City Arsenal game is as good to us as an Arsenal victory.

United fans after today's results...

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

adox wrote: »
    A draw in the City Arsenal game is as good to us as an Arsenal victory.

Does it fall anywhere near the champions league final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

We played great stuff for the first 15 really had them on the back foot. Then they settled after their goal. It levelled them and imo they kicked on and overall the point was fair.

We should have had a penalty, but let's be fair so should they via marhez so the memphis one evens out.

Just can't believe memphis at the end. With any conviction he could have gotten that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Just can't believe memphis at the end. With any conviction he could have gotten that :(

Pretty much sums up his Utd career to date !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not sure bout CBJ. Think he was hurt but is back. Reality is "kids" don't get time unless senior players are hurt and unavailable. Also, afaik, CBJ is out of contract in a few weeks too. Not heard anything bout him getting another yet.

If anything he's rejected a contract, would be a huge shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Was shouting at Depay at the telly ye windy b#####d he gave up on it from 10yrds away. Would definitely been a coming together and you'd never know what would have happened. As for 4th place I just don't see it at this stage. I'm even surprised we're so close to it.

Really just waiting on FA cup now. Looking forward to it as it's been years since the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fellaini was throwing that elbow even before the hair pull. Watch it again slowed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Was shouting at Depay at the telly ye windy b#####d he gave up on it from 10yrds away. Would definitely been a coming together and you'd never know what would have happened. As for 4th place I just don't see it at this stage. I'm even surprised we're so close to it.

Really just waiting on FA cup now. Looking forward to it as it's been years since the last one.

Shouted 'Depay, you chicken' at the telly when he pulled out. Language could have been stronger only my daughter was in the room!

If he's slow to engage in physical challenges he's better off going to Spain I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Player of the year awards tonight on MUTV

6.30-11pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Player of the year awards tonight on MUTV

6.30-11pm

It be worth watching from 10.30-11.30 then when lvg gets the mic.

Watch "LvG player of the year awards 2014/15" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/ZMdOiKRO5WA

jayo26 wrote: »
    It be worth watching from 10.30-11.30 then when lvg gets the mic.

Watch "LvG player of the year awards 2014/15" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/ZMdOiKRO5WA

I have the last few recorded on my skybox, always worth a watch for the lady with the saxophone speech

I have the last few recorded on my skybox, always worth a watch for the lady with the saxophone speech

Haha should be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wilson just scored a 94th minute equaliser for Brighton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mars Bar wrote: »

helped on the way in by CB and keeper.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Well done to him. Didn't set the game alight but scored when it mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yabadabado wrote: »
    helped on the way in by CB and keeper.

Yup. You don't get that luck without being in the right place to begin with!

Just thought of Axel Tuanzebe he was in the U18 with rashford and Mensah last year.. Does anyone know how he has done this year? Is he in u21s? He looked even more sure to be first teamer then Mensah.

Just thought of Axel Tuanzebe he was in the U18 with rashford and Mensah last year.. Does anyone know how he has done this year? Is he in u21s? He looked even more sure to be first teamer then Mensah.

Think he is doing well, not too sure though.

We are grand for center backs anyway. Tuanzebe, Rosean-williams, mensah, poole and the 2 guys we signed.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Is it just me or are utd playing there best football of the season in the last few games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

py2006 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are utd playing there best football of the season in the last few games?

It's got to the watchable stage recently. Still nowhere near good enough and some of those players are just not good enough to be playing for a club of this stature.
    Depay sickens me. For a player that should be busting a gut to prove his worth, pulling out of that 50/50 yesterday is enough for me to not care if he gets f*cked out the door now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The second half yesterday was dire but I was happy with the first half. Shocking lack of fight though given we should be desperate for 4th. Had City won yesterday it was all over.

Think he is doing well, not too sure though.

We are grand for center backs anyway. Tuanzebe, Rosean-williams, mensah, poole and the 2 guys we signed.:cool:

I checked on transfer market he has 14 u21 appearances so seems to be progressing he is still not tied down to a contract tho he is out in the summer.

Yeh we have loads young cb but at a ratio of late you need a lot of them to hope one may make it and axel been at the club since was 8 so hopefully he will continue his progress.

Mensah is actually more of a defensive midfielder tho aint he I know he is a decent centerback but his number one position is defensive midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He was promoted to U21s this season, played well and then was injured for months. He was back just few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fellaini has been back in the team the last few games, coincidence?

:pac:

Fellaini has been back in the team the last few games, coincidence?

:pac:

Bangkok hasn't been around the past few weeks....... Coincidence???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bangkok hasn't been around the past few weeks....... Coincidence???

Plot twist.

Bangkok IS Fellaini.

There is a Tyler Durden situation going on and the fluffy Belgian has finally won out.

It all makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Burnley are goal up and if it stays like this then they are promoted. Michael Keane played 43 games out of 45. Would be excellent to see him in PL. Very talented CB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jayop wrote: »
    The second half yesterday was dire but I was happy with the first half. Shocking lack of fight though given we should be desperate for 4th. Had City won yesterday it was all over.

This could sum up the last few weeks. We've developed a nasty habit of having a decent first half, up to the point where we score a goal, and then just sitting back and inviting pressure, letting DDG save us.
    I thought it was particularly noticeable yesterday; whatever was said in the dressing room at half time seemed to kill the momentum of the team, and the players looked stuck in second gear for the second half.

• Advertisement

#WhereIsHayley

Edit: No fear, she is hosting the main awards.

Edit Edit: Hello Rachel Riley

Pallister on the drink all evening it seems.

He thinks Blind should win player of the year.:eek:

Love David May been asked questions he ways looks like he is looking around for someone to have a mess with.

Love David May been asked questions he ways looks like he is looking around for someone to have a mess with.

MUTV should have him doing commentary more.

He did the Chelsea match and he was too exciting to listen to. Every time we got the ball all you could hear was "Go on lad" or "He's in, He's in"

Thursday night focus is a good watch aswell

MUTV should have him doing commentary more.

He did the Chelsea match and he was too exciting to listen to. Every time we got the ball all you could hear was "Go on lad" or "He's in, He's in"

Thursday night focus is a good watch aswell

Yeh i second that. He is the most honest of all the pundits on mutv doesn't seem to be worried about towing the line.

Who is gonna get goal of season? The fans prob go for martial against pool but id give it to rashford for his derby goal

David De Gea isnt winning all the awards tonight by the looks of it.

Hayley just said we will be very surprised with 1 of the winners. I reckon players player will go to somebody else, or the fans award will go to Martial/Rashford. Either way DDG should win both imho.

• Advertisement

Yeh i second that. He is the most honest of all the pundits on mutv doesn't seem to be worried about towing the line.

Who is gonna get goal of season? The fans prob go for martial against pool but id give it to rashford for his derby goal

I think I voted for Rashfod vs West Ham

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any chance LVG will announce his retirement tonight at the awards? :o

Anyway, would like to see Martial and DDG walk out with an award each. Both are the reason our season has been as decent as it has been...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Any chance LVG will announce his retirement tonight at the awards? :o

Anyway, would like to see Martial and DDG walk out with an award each. Both are the reason our season has been as decent as it has been...

LVG goes up for his speech, light go off.

Enters Mourihno.

Light on.

Crowd goes wild

Players player looks like its going to Blind :eek:

The players are blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

May Blind Dea

• Advertisement

The players are blind.

What would we Know haha.

Looking at the season recap and have to say the clip of Shaw going off injured stuck out for me. Not as it was a big season changer but up until then he was our star and Memphis looked like the player he should of Been.

Shaw is there and walking out with the team

Shaw is there and walking out with the team

Yehh he is back running and all past couple weeks.

Yehh he is back running and all past couple weeks.

Hope we dont see him this season. If he plays any minutes he will be rushed to the euros.

Leave him till next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What would we Know haha.

Looking at the season recap and have to say the clip of Shaw going off injured stuck out for me. Not as it was a big season changer but up until then he was our star and Memphis looked like the player he should of Been.

I don't remember him being anything like the player he should have been.

Only 60,000 votes for the player of the year.

Doesn't seem like a huge amount.

I don't remember him being anything like the player he should have been.

Well he looked like he was in the right direction the first few weeks of the season. He put in a few good performance and scored a few goals was playing with confidence. Yeh he wasn't a superstar but he wasn't looking anything like he did now.

Hope we dont see him this season. If he plays any minutes he will be rushed to the euros.

Leave him till next season.

No he aint back training with the ball and contact with to team mates yet. I get the feeling they deliberately slowed it down so he would have summer off. That can be a good thing but it also means he will be nearly a whole year without football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The players are blind.

That would be great, he's been fantastic this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Liam O wrote: »
    That would be great, he's been fantastic this season.

I literally would find it hard to disagree with a post more.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement