Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Players player looks like its going to Blind :eek:

The players are blind.

That's no surprise at all really. He has been excellent this season and formed part of a rock solid defence. As one of our best new signings.

Seems very likeable and has real leadership qualities.

Not surprised in the slightest if he wins players player. Players will have totally different criteria to fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Maybe I'm blind then :(

Weakest link in our defence apart from Rojo/Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Blind getting player of the season would be a joke.

Would be in keeping with the nonsense of a season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Has anything happened yet? Watching the Spurs game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think Blind is only getting it because LVG likes to run his fingers through his long hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DEmbele Eye gouges Costa.. probably Fellaini's fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Wouldn't think so. Early on the view was "He's doing okay, but he is going to get destroyed by <insertstrikerofthemonthhere>" He's played an entire season and done very well, key part of the 2nd best defence in the PL and hasn't been destroyed by any striker. Only game I recall him being brutal in was the game against Watford where I think TFM was having his first start and Blind was simply awful, giving the ball away multiple times.

I don't know that Blind is good *enough*, and United seem to have real problems dealing with crosses, but he's done well in the role and seems to have the players respect. I'd have though De Gea would get it, but not incredible if Blind does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    DEmbele Eye gouges Costa.. probably Fellaini's fault!

Dembele is now second favourite behind Jose for the United job after that.;)

CfMR1NRUYAABP4h.jpg

• Advertisement

FFS Louis!!

“For a manager winning a title is much more important but I am manager of Manchester United, for United it is much more important to play in the Champions League. And it is still possible. We have to win the last three matches and I said that before the match against Leicester City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So the easiest comparison to Blind is our other CB this season Smalling and lets face it, out of the two of those it's pretty clear which one has been better.

zerks wrote: »
    FFS Louis!!

“For a manager winning a title is much more important but I am manager of Manchester United, for United it is much more important to play in the Champions League. And it is still possible. We have to win the last three matches and I said that before the match against Leicester City.

Thats another "We aspire to be like City" moment. Cant wait till he is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

FFS Louis!!

Ah this is getting worse and worse. Is there a clip of that gobs***e??

Ah this is getting worse and worse. Is there a clip of that gobs***e??

Dunno,more quotes from his speech this evening are here http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/05/02/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-aiming-to-secure-fa-cup-title-148157/

CfMR1NRUYAABP4h.jpg

Is that Lukaku in his pocket?

Please don't even say it is, he should of scored 4 or 5 that game if he had his shooting boots on, it was nothing to do with him being in blinds pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jayop wrote: »
    So the easiest comparison to Blind is our other CB this season Smalling and lets face it, out of the two of those it's pretty clear which one has been better.

It's really not, they've had as many bad games as each other. Blind's had to cover for Smalling a lot and hasn't looked out of place against big players who should by all rights be able to muscle him out of games.

As for the comment above, I've never seen a defender make a fool of a striker in the same way as Blind did to Lukaku in the league recently. Was just taking the ball from him at will.

Is that Lukaku in his pocket?

Please don't even say it is, he should of scored 4 or 5 that game if he had his shooting boots on, it was nothing to do with him being in blinds pocket

Its not from the FA Cup, its from after the league game ;)

Liam O wrote: »
    As for the comment above, I've never seen a defender make a fool of a striker in the same way as Blind did to Lukaku in the league recently. Was just taking the ball from him at will.

Fair enough, thought it was the FA cup game being referenced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

FFS Louis!!

Whats the problem with this infairness? He was talking about the fa cup he ment he would love to win it but for united its more Important to play in champions league??

jayo26 wrote: »
    Whats the problem with this infairness? He was talking about the fa cup he ment he would love to win it but for united its more Important to play in champions league??

**** off you with your context, we don't want your sort here

:D

Edit: So basically he was referring to the FA Cup as a title? get ya now.. i withdraw my previous criticism :D

• Advertisement

My bad im sorry :)

Edit: So basically he was referring to the FA Cup as a title? get ya now.. i withdraw my previous criticism :D

This is lvg he calls the pre season tournament a title ha. But yeh basically they asked him about the fa cup final and what it mean if they won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rashford has won the U18 award. Mad to think he can win that award having been a huge player for the seniors!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Rashford has won the U18 award. Mad to think he can win that award having been a huge player for the seniors!

Did he even play mutch for the u18s? He played for the 21s as well.

Thought a player like Gribbon would of won it although he has been injured lately.

He's turning into bloody Wenger.

He's turning into bloody Wenger.

No not at all he was stating how it was. Imagine the backlash if he said it be ok to win the FA cup and be a successful season.

Ps chelsea just equalized waaahooooooo

Did he even play mutch for the u18s? He played for the 21s as well.

Thought a player like Gribbon would of won it although he has been injured lately.

He actually only played a couple games for u21s he played more for the U18 then any of them.

Weir should have won that u21s award

CBJ winning the u21s.

Congratulations Leicester.

• Advertisement

god ssn and news channels in general will be unbearable for awhile

Smalling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Smalling wins Players' Player of the Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leicester, bloody hell.

Can't believe it tho Leicester city are champions what a season never ever thought I'd see something as good in my years loving soccer. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I'm happy for Leicester,but I can't help being somewhat bitter about it.

Bret Hart wrote: »

im very bitter about it. A ****ing worth while utd manager would of won this league

• Worthy Champions, amazing stuff. Fairytales in football still exist between all the bull**** money and corruption (Fifa) involved in soccer

Roy of the rovers ****, glad to witness it. Even if I didn't want them to win yesterday, still wanted them to do it outright. Nobody else deserved to be near them this year.

Bitter about Leicester? How could ya? I'd be bitter for united throwing away so many points but we were never even close to them after xmass and they have been fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea or even Spurs and I'd be sucking lemons but you can't help but be amazed with Leicester.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Worthy Champions, amazing stuff. Fairytales in football still exist between all the bull**** money and corruption (Fifa) involved in soccer

Roy of the rovers ****, glad to witness it. Even if I didn't want them to win yesterday, still wanted them to do it outright. Nobody else deserved to be near them this year.

Well said mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Thank God Smalling won the player of the year and not Blind. Christ anyone but Blind.

Jayop wrote: »
    Thank God Smalling won the player of the year and not Blind. Christ anyone but Blind.

Ahh jayopee Blind has not been far off smallings level they have both been solid for majority of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Worthy Champions, amazing stuff. Fairytales in football still exist between all the bull**** money and corruption (Fifa) involved in soccer

Hit the nail on the head Mick

I KEEP GETTING CONFUSED BY THE 2 JAYO's

Well done Smalling, probably would have been my 2nd or 3rd choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bitter about Leicester? How could ya? I'd be bitter for united throwing away so many points but we were never even close to them after xmass and they have been fantastic.

It's too do with how they've done it,with spending little too no money and it only being there second year back in the Premier League after being not in it for over a decade,while we've spunked away,I think a quarter of a billion and are struggling too get into the top 4,and as you've said it's more so me being bitter at my own team,then towards them.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I KEEP GETTING CONFUSED BY THE 2 JAYO's

Well done Smalling, probably would have been my 2nd or 3rd choice

Jayoception

Jayoception

I was saying to myself ''why is jayo quoting jayo''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Did anyone watch the match tonight? Delighted for Leicester. Unbeievable achievement.

Spurs were an embarrassment tonight. A bottle job of the highest order. Should have had 3 possibly 4 players sent off. Not one ounce of sympathy for them after that.

Sure the top 4 or 5 teams in the league haven't performed but that's not Leicestershire fault and even taking that into account, if you took the "top 4" out of the betting at the start of the season would Leicester be anywhere in your mind as the top team after that? Puts it into even more perspective IMO.

• Bret Hart wrote: »
    It's too do with how they've done it,with spending little too no money and it only being there second year back in the Premier League after being not in it for over a decade,while we've spunked away,I think a quarter of a billion and are struggling too get into the top 4,as you said it's more so me being bitter at my own team,then towards them.
    Not taking anything away from Leicester but for multiple reasons including the manger we have simply not been good enough. The best team won the league. The team spirit has to be admired. Football is full of mercenary bull**** but not Leicester and that's what make it such a great story

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement