Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bret Hart wrote: »
    It's too do with how they've done it,with spending little too no money and it only being there second year back in the Premier League after being not in it for over a decade,while we've spunked away,I think a quarter of a billion and are struggling too get into the top 4,as you said it's more so me being bitter at my own team,then towards them.

Yeh i agree im bitter about our team but id be the same bitterness even if city won't because against any measure we have under achieved seriously badly and to make matters worse so have arsenal and city and chelsea its ridiculous but one thing is certain its going to be an exciting season next year because every small team in the league will not be afraid.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I was saying to myself ''why is jayo quoting jayo''

Boom boom boom let me me here you say jayo ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not taking anything away from Leicester but for multiple reasons including the manger we have simply not been good enough. The best team won the league. The team spirit has to be admired. Football is full of mercenary bull**** but not Leicester and that's what make it such a great story

Mahrez bought for not much more than Rooney's weeks wages.

Nice to see a couple of ex-United lads get a winners medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

adox wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the match tonight? Delighted for Leicester. Unbeievable achievement.

Spurs were an embarrassment tonight. A bottle job of the highest order. Should have had 3 possibly 4 players sent off. Not one ounce of sympathy for them after that.

I'd drug test the lot of them.

Spurs were a disgrace, they were playing as if they had 11 costa's on their tean and that's being harsh on Costa

Hazard looked like he was playing for a transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

who was yer man in this thread again that had a habit of shouting anyone down when suggested that Leicester would or could win the league and or finish above United ? All I remember is that he used to quote himself when addressing the subject quite a lot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Leicester 1
    Liverpool 0

Danny Simpson has more premier-league medals then Steven Gerrard

Leicester 1
    Liverpool 0

At least they didn't slip up and they got the job done. Will be interesting to see if the can even finish in the top 10 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Spurs were wound up by a Chelsea team and stadium of fans who seemed to be putting more effort into Leicesters title bid than their own season. Running the ball into the corner in the last seconds instead of having a shot on goal was disgusting in my eyes for Chelsea.
    Id be ashamed if I was a Chelsea fan at the moment.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Danny Simpson has more premier-league medals then Steven Gerrard

Danny Drinkwater has more premier-league medals then Steven Gerrard

We can play this game all night.

Does Richie de last also get a meddle, I think he left them on loan in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

GSPfan wrote: »
    Spurs were wound up by a Chelsea team and stadium of fans who seemed to be putting more effort into Leicesters title bid than their own season. Running the ball into the corner in the last seconds instead of having a shot on goal was disgusting in my eyes for Chelsea.

Rubbish. If it was City in Spurs position up against Leicester I'd want United to do absolutely everything in their power to stop City winning.

Ohh come on.. It was a London derby, would you expect them not to be up for it ? If United were off the pace and had a chance to stop City winning the league by virtue of obtaining a certain result you can be damn sure that would also provide us with a tiny extra sliver of motivation also... cnat agree with you at all there.... cant say Cheslea players haven't let themselves down at times this season that much is obvious but cannot fault them tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Leicester 1
    Liverpool 0

Didnt Liverpool win Pl in 2014?? Surely you're wrong.

Sure they had "19" and "Champions T-shirts" out in April.

In fairness though most Chelsea fans are c*nts anyway.

It's like they were taking credit for Leicester wining the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Boom boom boom let me me here you say jayo ;);)

Jayo!

(Sorry the song got stuck in my head)

Strumms wrote: »
    who was yer man in this thread again that had a habit of shouting anyone down when suggested that Leicester would or could win the league and or finish above United ? All I remember is that he used to quote himself when addressing the subject quite a lot ?

It was StringerBell I remember him and bangkok having a conversation over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    It was StringerBell I remember him and bangkok having a conversation over it.

Still no sign of Bangkok???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Is Louis's speech still yet to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

For all the talk of 2 jayo's I still have no idea why I chose this as my username on here. I've always been something to do with Irwin on all other forums and very few people even call me Jayo.

• Advertisement

Is Louis's speech still yet to come?

Hopefully, I've just switched over to MUTV now.... I'd like to think he is backstage now being force fed another bottle of wine before the speech... all about the ratings and the entertainment...

Edit : David May sounds a bit pissed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We are going to get a similar but slightly altered speech to last year:

"Listen.....listen to the manager...."

He will then hand the mic to Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Jayop wrote: »
    Rubbish. If it was City in Spurs position up against Leicester I'd want United to do absolutely everything in their power to stop City winning.

Yes of course that's what you'd want. But Chelsea ran into the corner at the end which actually showed a bias towards Leicester. I don't think that looked good for the integrity of the league. And I never knew there was such a big rivalry between Spurs and Chelsea. John Terry and Eden Hazard talking about how it was such a big game for Chelsea was laughable.

Yes of course that's what you'd want. But Chelsea ran into the corner at the end which actually showed a bias towards Leicester. I don't think that looked good for the integrity of the league. And I never knew there was such a big rivalry between Spurs and Chelsea. John Terry and Eden Hazard talking about how it was such a big game for Chelsea was laughable.

They can argue they were playing for the point, going into the corner is nothing new. It surprised me a bit though thought they would have had a dig at goal for all 3 points.. they would have been aware that it was last kick of the game really or thereabouts. Don't really think it's anything worthy of questioning integrity over.

Utd playing one of the worst premier league teams ever at Old Trafford leading one nil and trying to keep the ball in the corner with five minutes to go. Now that was embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Martial goal vs Liverpool winning Goal of the Season

Martial goal vs Liverpool winning Goal of the Season

Iv been wrong on every award so far :(

Comon lvg cheer us up

Louis on now :pac:

Getting popcorn. LVG is on the stage

• Advertisement

This could take a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Such a delusional deflecting ******.

Again saying our expectations are too high. We just don't understand.

I hate that man.

WTF is going on

hahaha... this bloke is mad.

David De Gea, fans player of the year.. !

I'm so confused listening to that speech

Again saying our expectations are too high. We just don't understand.

I hate that man.

Glad I'm amnt tuned in.

He is on drugs.

That must of been trudy heckling the crowd.

• Advertisement

I'm so confused listening to that speech

Stopped listening. I actually can't listen to his delusional ramblings anymore. Turned off when he said we don't understand. A horrible manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LVG telling fans to lower expectations sums up the issue; he's only capable of fighting for top 4. On an evening where Leicester, LEICESTER, won the league, with a fraction of our budget, LVG is trying to tell fans to settle for forth.

People go on about "The United Way", but could you ever imagine Fergie telling fans to settle for forth?

• jayo26 wrote: »
    He is on drugs.

Absolute cringe from LVG

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Absolute cringe from LVG

Unbelievable it is But I think it's pretty clear he aint going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jiFfM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What did he actually say? Because saying United should settle for fourth should be an immediately sackable offence for anyone at the club.

If you're on the staff at Manchester United, anything other than winning should be a f*cking disappointment.

Unbelievable it is But I think it's pretty clear he aint going anywhere.

How so?

No way he will be in charge next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Danny Drinkwater has more premier-league medals then Steven Gerrard

We can play this game all night.

Does Richie de last also get a meddle, I think he left them on loan in January.

Richie may in fact have both a Prem winners medal, and a Championship winners medal in the same season, which I would assume has never been done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What did he actually say? Because saying United should settle for fourth should be an immediately sackable offence for anyone at the club.

If you're on the staff at Manchester United, anything other than winning should be a f*cking disappointment.

He also brought up DeGea wanting to leave and blamed the Girlfriend, while she was sitting there.. and this was while he was presenting him with his award.. he's a ****ing nut job

• Advertisement

What was the guy from the crowd shouting when LVG was talking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement