Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Jayop wrote: »
    What cheating has Mourinho actually done? I know some people have issues with his tactics, but has he ever actually been found to have cheated?

Same could be said about Simeone

Sidenote: Part of my wants AM to lose tonight and in La Liga so that there may be a chance he becomes available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I actually think Simeone is worse than Mourinho for the cheating to be honest

Speaking of cheats.... Looking at Lewandowski here tonight. Some really disgraceful stuff. Superb talent but a scumbag of a player, awful cheater....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I'm not saying I'd prefer to lose playing well than win playing ugly. I'm saying that under Mourinho there is zero chance of us being one of those few teams who win playing a beautiful style of football, which I think is what the club has traditionally tried to achieve and which is what the fans would like to see. Ferguson was not a purist I agree but he gave his players plenty of freedom to express themselves and he always gave them the belief that they could outplay any team. In later years, to be fair his approach became more conservative but I think if you look at the first 15 years of his reign comparisons with Mourinho are difficult to find. Ferguson had a long term vision that is the opposite of what Mourinho brings.

It's not that Mourinho's name being mentioned surprises me. It's the idea that he's the only manager being talked about capable of bringing us back to the top. People want him because he can probably get us back to the top in a shorter time period than any other manager. United fans are having withdrawals and in my view they're looking for a quick hit.

Personally I'd prefer to go another route. I can totally understand fans that are thinking we must get top four next season and Jose is going to guarantee that. But I'd like to see someone like Blanc (not necessarily Blanc) who is a lot more understated and wouldn't get involved in all the unsavoury things that Jose does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jayop wrote: »
    What cheating has Mourinho actually done? I know some people have issues with his tactics, but has he ever actually been found to have cheated?

Only thing i can think of is sneaking in in the laundry basket while banned, the mad bastard :pac:

I think that disgraceful European final when his Porto team took advantage of an very weak, bad referee to cheat Celtic out of the trophy did not endear him to me. They were set up by him to systematically cheat Celtic who were the better team and it worked. That was not a good night for football.

• ****ing love Greizmann

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ****ing love Greizmann

A player Id go all out to bring to OT this summer, love everything about his play.

• Strumms wrote: »
    I think that disgraceful European final when his Porto team took advantage of an very weak, bad referee to cheat Celtic out of the trophy did not endear him to me. They were set up by him to systematically cheat Celtic who were the better team and it worked. That was not a good night for football.

Jaysus, I remember watching that in the pub years ago. O Niell was in charge if I recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would love Griezmann at United. He is a realistic target too. If we wanted him I bet we could get him.

The one thing i have complete faith with Jose Mourinho is his ability to buy exactly the playing positions he needs.

Jaysus, I remember watching that in the pub years ago. O Niell was in charge if I recall

Yes it was a MON team. It wouldn't have surprised me had the referee not left the stadium with a far heavier wallet then when he walked in. Seriously dodgy decisions all against Celtic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm not saying I'd prefer to lose playing well than win playing ugly. I'm saying that under Mourinho there is zero chance of us being one of those few teams who win playing a beautiful style of football, which I think is what the club has traditionally tried to achieve and which is what the fans would like to see. Ferguson was not a purist I agree but he gave his players plenty of freedom to express themselves and he always gave them the belief that they could outplay any team. In later years, to be fair his approach became more conservative but I think if you look at the first 15 years of his reign comparisons with Mourinho are difficult to find. Ferguson had a long term vision that is the opposite of what Mourinho brings.

It's not that Mourinho's name being mentioned surprises me. It's the idea that he's the only manager being talked about capable of bringing us back to the top. People want him because he can probably get us back to the top in a shorter time period than any other manager. United fans are having withdrawals and in my view they're looking for a quick hit.

Personally I'd prefer to go another route. I can totally understand fans that are thinking we must get top four next season and Jose is going to guarantee that. But I'd like to see someone like Blanc (not necessarily Blanc) who is a lot more understated and wouldn't get involved in all the unsavoury things that Jose does.

In the first half of their last PL winning season Chelsea played some lovely attacking football.

IIRC dont Jose's Madrid hold the record for most goals scored in a single season too?

Inter under him played lovely attacking football by times.

The small bit of Porto I saw under him wasnt exactly park the bus stuff either.

So to say his teams dont play attacking football is wrong, plain and simple.

They may not play it all the time but with the exception of Barca, what team does?

Is there anyone here who would choose Diego Simeone over Jose Mourinho?

I've no idea why as I think Simeone is exactly the manager people think Jose is when they describe him in negative terms.

• GSPfan wrote: »

I've no idea why as I think Simeone is exactly the manager people think Jose is when they describe him in negative terms.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I f***ing love Simeone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »

Simeone is Jose without the PL experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I f***ing love Simeone.

Wonder will he miss the final over lashing out at one of the guys on the sideline

Me

I've no idea of your thoughts on Jose but is it more so because you rate Simeone as a better manager?

I would never choose the unknown of Simeone in England over the certainty of success you get with Jose. And it is a certainty. Both bring very negative aspects to their management too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Hococop wrote: »
    Wonder will he miss the final over lashing out at one of the guys on the sideline

He hit one of his own staff rather than an official so might be ok

Hococop wrote: »

That would be pretty harsh since it is the final but there is no way he is getting away with doing that! The man is crazy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

ceegee wrote: »
    He hit one of his own staff rather than an official so might be ok

Looked like the 4th official to me, could be wrong though.

• I f***ing love Simeone.

Passion to the max

Carving out a team of serious grit with minimum resources

And has the ability to pick out quality and youth without spending much

And when he comes up against a side he knows is player for player better, he still gets it right tactically and finds a way to beat them

Simeone gets away with murder. Hope he gets a long ban for that type of stuff. He hit an official. He acts like a thug on the sideline. Its entertaining but it really shouldn't be allowed.

Edit - if it is one of his own guys then he is alright. Still not clever to be hitting people.

Is that not the 4th official??? Simeone is crazy lol :D

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/h6go.mp4

Looked like the 4th official to me, could be wrong though.

It was the guy in the suit standing beside the 4th official (he was inputting the numbers on the substitution board)
    Not 100% if hes another official or athletico staff but definitly not 4th official

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wasn't jose in charge of madrid the time they were accused of getting players sent off deliberately to get the bans out if the way??

• Advertisement

I've no idea of your thoughts on Jose but is it more so because you rate Simeone as a better manager?

I would never choose the unknown of Simeone in England over the certainty of success you get with Jose. And it is a certainty. Both bring very negative aspects to their management too.

Sorry about the short post but I've discussed this loads of times in the last few weeks with multiple posters so didnt want to repeat myself too much but my post above is a sneak peak

Nah the 4th official is in the adidas tracksuit. Guy he hit was in a suit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wasn't jose in charge of madrid the time they were accused of getting players sent off deliberately to get the bans out if the way??

I remember that, think it was Ramos in like the 90th min with a stupid tackle

Sorry about the short post but I've discussed this loads of times in the last few weeks with multiple posters so didnt want to repeat myself too much but my post above is a sneak peak

Ha ha. No problem. I understand.

ceegee wrote: »
    Nah the 4th official is in the adidas tracksuit. Guy he hit was in a suit

Aight. Either way, he should be punished for doing that. As passionate as he is, there is no need to get physical with anyone.

• Advertisement

Aight. Either way, he should be punished for doing that. As passionate as he is, there is no need to get physical with anyone.

What about pulling hair during Sex?

During Sex mechanisms to be precise

It's definitely not the 4th official. Whoever it was seemed to be programming the electronic substitution board thing. Not sure if I have seen that being done by club officials ??? It was an exaggerated shove tap on the arm more then a strike... I feel he will slide on it if it is one of his own... if it was a UEFA official I'd be a lot less sure.. having said that if it was a UEFA guy would he not have had Diego sent to the stand ?

GSPfan wrote: »

Personally I like it... less so when the girlfriend elbows me in the nose but such is life. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Passion to the max

Carving out a team of serious grit with minimum resources

And has the ability to pick out quality and youth without spending much

And when he comes up against a side he knows is player for player better, he still gets it right tactically and finds a way to beat them

You do have a point about simeone

No way would he leave athleti though would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope we bid for Griezmann this summer. We need his goals.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I hope we bid for Griezmann this summer. We need his goals.
    i just see him as ungettable. i can see real barca or bayern bidding for him and if that happens we have no hope unless break the wage bill for him

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

i just see him as ungettable. i can see real barca or bayern bidding for him and if that happens we have no hope unless break the wage bill for him

Is he not a United fan? Can't see him going to Real Madrid either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Is he not a United fan? Can't see him going to Real Madrid either..

If Real offer more money do you really think he'd turn it down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If Real offer more money do you really think he'd turn it down?

Depends would he be first choice at Madrid ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A bland boring effort worthy of a Van Gaal team, bad omens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A bland boring effort worthy of a Van Gaal team, bad omens.

For a proper LVG effort we have to wear it back to front.

Available next week.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/727769874743762944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think it is to be worn vs bournemouth on the last day.

The black jersey is the nicest shirt we have had in years imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

watching Muller again last night v Greizemann its a no brainer who I would prefer to see in a United shirt. Muller was non existent again in a big game. Seem him live a few times and on the tv a lot and have never been overly impressed with him, don't know how he is "worth" 70m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

zerks wrote: »
    For a proper LVG effort we have to wear it back to front.

Available next week.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/727769874743762944

Aren't we wearing the away jersey for the FA cup final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

During Sex mechanisms to be precise

Louis & Simone is no am image I can get rid of easily! Uuugg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The black jersey is the nicest shirt we have had in years imo

Really like this years white one, been doing well with that colour for years now.

Wonder why the one above is different to all the other Adidas templates coming out now though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would love to see what simeone does with money behind him. Is there not rumors a alethico director is coming to united. Slight chance he could get deigo to come but i really cant see it plus i dont think he has any English at all.

On Jose style of play hes not as defensive as everyone says he has had his teams playing good attacking football especally madrid when they won the league. Granted i dont want Jose but thats more to do with all the extra stuff he brings and the fact i think itll blow up in his 2nd season.

Plus uniteds style of play has been bad for longer then LVG and moyes last few years of fergies weren't great either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement