Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we win by 5 or more I won't post here for year

We be lucky to win never mind win with comfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You are right. Probably a draw is more realistic :pac:

Well Arsenal beat them 1-0 so we should at least score 4.

• If we win by 5 or more I won't post here for year

We be lucky to win never mind win with comfort

Ah jaysus kew don't do that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well Arsenal beat them 1-0 so we should at least score 4.

So 4-4 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When you wake up and realise the wedding you are attending is on at the same time as the match

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5A0m4w_zviWTB3BnC2wmh9T1qZHVffITHd8BXrF2hi-EChPLF

Could you not have picked a date after the season was over?

Congratulations anyway.:)

• Korat wrote: »
    Could you not have picked a date after the season was over?

Congratulations anyway.:)
    Its not my wedding lol, that's already done and dusted

• Be interesting to see how the team shapes up without the big fellani, he will be missed today IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Serious pressure on City if we win this today.

• Advertisement

Isn't it gas how after sacking Moyes and spending a shedload of money instilling the "philosophy" we are still nervous about playing fecking Norwich.Bloody Suarez was able to destroy them on his own yet here we are sweating over scraping a result.It's as if Moyes never left.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

jayo26 wrote: »
    Good old Phil Jones went off with hamstring injury again last night in the u21s. It's really not looking good for him.

I really feel so sorry for that guy.
    I really thought he would turn into a top class central defender for us.
    He was fantastic at Blackburn,a real heart on sleeve, die hard defender and I thought with older, more experienced pros like Rio and Vidic around him, he could develop and move on as a permanent first team regular.
    But injuries have killed off that and it seems his career here will always be on the periphery of the first team.
    Reading about Leicesters training, physio and injury treatment methodology during the week, made me really question Uniteds efforts in this department and whether it needs a major overhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I really feel so sorry for that guy.
    I really thought he would turn into a top class central defender for us.
    He was fantastic at Blackburn,a real heart on sleeve, die hard defender and I thought with older, more experienced pros like Rio and Vidic around him, he could develop and move on as a permanent first team regular.
    But injuries have killed off that and it seems his career here will always be on the periphery of the first team.
    Reading about Leicesters training, physio and injury treatment methodology during the week, made me really question Uniteds efforts in this department and whether it needs a major overhaul.

Some players are just going to be banjaxed no matter what you do sadly.

Im sure the likes of Hargreaves or Dean Ashton had the best treatment money could buy but unfortunately some players bodies are not able for the huge physical strain required nowadays.

Time to cut the cord on Phil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Memphis starts! BIG game for him today.

zerks wrote: »
    Isn't it gas how after sacking Moyes and spending a shedload of money instilling the "philosophy" we are still nervous about playing fecking Norwich.Bloody Suarez was able to destroy them on his own yet here we are sweating over scraping a result.It's as if Moyes never left.:(

I don't think there's a team in the 4 divisions I would be confident beating away from home :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blind and rashford not starring

• Advertisement

No Blind or Rashford in the squad.

Rojo at CB can't be as bad as at LB... Can he?

Last ever episode of fletch and Sav........ Well thank fuk for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Memphis starts! BIG game for him today.

Big game for the team. A win here is massive and really puts the pressure on a deflated city side. Arsenal will want to win or at least get a draw as they won't want to be going into the last game with a SLIM CHANCE of losing to Villa.

STOKES for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Last ever episode of fletch and Sav........ Well thank fuk for that.

I enjoy watching it. Why is it over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I don't think there's a team in the 4 divisions I would be confident beating away from home :pac:

Yet we are 1 point off the best home record in the league. Very weird.

I'd say Herrera can't wait to see the back of van Gaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

We got this brahs.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I enjoy watching it. Why is it over

Not sure. Do bt still have saturday morning games next year could be that.

Not sure. Do bt still have saturday morning games next year could be that.

Either way its much better than soccer am these days

Remember when Soccer AM was good? I used to watch it every week,not bothered anymore.

Yhh i do agree with you there i havent watched that in years that Helen one does my head in. I just can't stand savages opinions and Michael Owen goes threw my brain as does macateer

Can't believe lvg is resting rashford for such a massive game he should at least be on bench.

Can't believe lvg is resting rashford for such a massive game he should at least be on bench.

Martial has just left the warmup and gone down the tunnel,if he's injured we only have Rooney as striker left.

Martial left the training early, off down the tunnel...

Could be nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Martial gone off down tunnel early; Herrera warming up with starting 11 now; Rashford sitting at home. LVG that.

Lads this is absolutely crazy like you couldn't make it up what does he be thinking.

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Martial left the training early, off down the tunnel...

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Could be nothing

Herrera warming up with starting elevan now; looks like he's not playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Feck sake

Herrera warming up, definate injury for Martial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Martial potentially injured and Rashford not even in the squad!!!

LVG will get an ass whooping if we lose this game now.

2 of our brightest and creative players :l

I give up

Not a bit of pace in the team now; 0-0 written all over it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sorry but you gotta laugh :pac:

Lets give Rashford a break till the harder game on Tuesday and then this happens in the bleeding warm up. Its exactly the reason that LVG has been criticised for gutting the squad..

I blame myself tbf, i seen Rashford wasn't playing and lumped on Martial as first scorer :pac:

• Advertisement

• Martial gone off down tunnel early; Herrera warming up with starting 11 now; Rashford sitting at home. LVG that.

Why the **** isn't rashford in the squad

Piccard style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What did Van Gaal say about Rashford?

People do lose their minds easily these days :) If he is just being rested its not ideal but with Rooney, Martial and Memphis etc that should have been ok, if Martial has picked up a knock that is pretty unlucky. We have another big game on Tuesday and you have to use your squad in these situations.

If Rashford has a slight knock or something then it is not worth risking him considering the importance of every game, not just this one.

If Rashford and Blind were dropped from the squad because Van Gaal didn't like their deodorant at training yesterday then obviously thats ridiculous from him. I doubt that would be the reason though, stranger things have happened of course.

Fellaini will be a miss today.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Does that count as 1 sub already?

Attack of

Mata - rooney - lingard

Depay

He played striker against watford and scored.

Happy enough to see Herrera starting, his legs will be a welcome addition though obviously at the expense of Martial (who was going to start up top presumably) is not how you would want it at all......

I don't do confidence for United in away games, but its do or die for the team, the 11 that take the field are good enough to beat Norwich, City look like a team on holidays and I don't think it will take much for them to down tools if its put up to them. If that isn't motivation enough for the players on the field today then they don't deserve CL football next season.

Hope to have an entertaining game, thats about it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

i just hope it was precautionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This season has been torture. I will be sick if LVG is still in charge next season. I dread watching United these days.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    i just hope it was precautionary.

Me too because we need him if we are to get anything from West Ham!

Unearthly wrote: »
    Does that count as 1 sub already?

2ccFq.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

My outlook on it, if he ****s these last games up, grand, good chance that'll be good riddance in the summer. I'm not saying I actively want Utd to lose or not perform, but every could would have its silver lining if it was the means to LVG's end.

At a club like Manchester Utd, no champions league football should mean managerial performance needs to be reviewed and ultimately a necessity for another year.

I think he's in over his head, I cannot see any reason to believe things would be better next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Why on earth is LVG resting players today. 3 games to go - we need to go all ****ing out to win.

Rest them after the season ends- not now!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement