Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The worst part is that it's too early for a goal. If we score now we will sit back and draw or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This is atrocious stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

in a season of nothing performance's this might be the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You would never think they were fighting for fourth spot

Mataaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mata!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yes yes yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rooney almost ballsed that up but did well to stay calm and pick Mata out.

Now, how long until we concede?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Even when we score it's a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

About ten minutes now until Norwich score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Watching us play is giving me such a headache. Not good for the blood pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I don't get the CBJ hype either, anytime I've seen him he's looked like a hard worker, who's decent going forward but a defensive liability. I know he's young but at this point I don't think he's good enough for a bench spot. Rojo is just completely out of his depth in the EPL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another scrappy 1-0 against a team about to be relegated. We are so, so poor :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

3 more games, 3 more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

3 more games, 3 more games.

And hopefully the waster is gone then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Very poor game. 3 points though

Hopefully Arsenal can do us a massive favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shíte performance but results are all that matter at this stage.

Come on you Gooners! Welbz 4 lyf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

City drop any points and Utd win their last two games we get Champs League?

My maths shocking, sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Horrible performance but I'll take two more games like that with the same result if it means we get 4th.

I don't care now how we play. He's hopefully gone next season and I just want to be able to see United play UCL ball.

Yeah, that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Yes but tough ask for this Utd side to beat West Ham at Upton Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Arsenal fan here :p great result today.

I don't care how we play once we win our remaining games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

TheTownie wrote: »
    Yes but tough ask for this Utd side to beat West Ham at Upton Park.

Last game to be played there aswell so they be up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

rhXqiof.jpg

United have better results against the top sides than the lower sides in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hope West Ham lose today in a freak result because that game on Tuesday now will be mental if Arsenal beat City. Its already going to be mental with it being the last game at Upton Park.

The only positive I can maybe get from today is that it doesn't look like it was a hard game physically so maybe we'll be a bit fresher than West Ham depending on how their game goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

zerks wrote: »
    rhXqiof.jpg

I love De Gea's average position. Ha. Hanging around the edge of the box watching our world class possession statistics.

Great move from lvg to rest two important players..... #skinoftheteeth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Any word on martial ? We're ****ed without him.

• Advertisement

You know things are bad when Valencia stands out in the game despite turning around every time somebody went near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Absolute muck yet again. at some stage in first half we had 300 passes and no attempts at goal. Painful. I long for the end of season and wish out loud for that LVG exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Valencia, carrick and smalling did well.so poor again overall though.hopefully martial and rashford back in for tue.whats going on with schneiderlein? Depay needs summer off and hopefully come back a different player.big win we will take it!

Some claims the injury to Darmian is not serious.
    Martial - a tight hamstring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Is there anybody that can actually see a positive in epping LVG for 1 more year?

Brutal stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Is there anybody that can actually see a positive in epping LVG for 1 more year?

Brutal stuff

Bayern might sack Ancelotti after 1 season?

• Advertisement

Brutal stuff

That game should be a reminder to anybody that does. This wasn't a dead rubber, it was a massive, must win game and we pissed around like a training match. He can't fire up these players and get even close to the best out of them so he has no business being there.

• No reception in the church. Shook the groom's hand, ****ing neooow out to the car. Press refresh. 1-0 win. Get in

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No reception in the church. Shook the groom's hand, ****ing neooow out to the car. Press refresh. 1-0 win. Get in

That sounds alot more exciting then the game was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mata on the right against one of the fastest LBs in the league, Lingard like a ghost through the middle, Rooney looking like a pub league player until the last 70 mins, Herrera woeful, Rojo a liability, and players rested for a must win game. Just another game under LVG's strong leadership.

• Advertisement

I was watching The Zoo on RTE there the other week and there was a little baby rhino let out into the enclosure for the first time. He was just legging it around aimlessly, stumbling all over the place. That scene came back to me today watching Rooney.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No reception in the church. Shook the groom's hand, ****ing neooow out to the car. Press refresh. 1-0 win. Get in

Don't even attempt to sneak to the bar and watch MOTD tonight,you'll be asleep on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

If Martial does indeed have a tight hamstring,what recovery time are we looking at ?

Brutal stuff

If you go to Reddit...I don't know if its the downvoting system or what, but there are a lot of people who blindly believe that because he's the United boss, that he should be shown absolute loyalty. Its blinkers firmly attached and is crazy, but if you try and argue that LVG should go, a lot of the time, you get downvoted into oblivion :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you go to Reddit...I don't know if its the downvoting system or what, but there are a lot of people who blindly believe that because he's the United boss, that he should be shown absolute loyalty. Its blinkers firmly attached and is crazy, but if you try and argue that LVG should go, a lot of the time, you get downvoted into oblivion :/

City/Liverpool fans :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bret Hart wrote: »
    If Martial does indeed have a tight hamstring,what recovery time are we looking at ?

He pulled out of a game for the same reason earlier this season and he missed no time iirc

Don't know if it was confirmed pre-match but LVG said post-match that Blind and Rashford were rested.

Hon Swansea!

Come on Swansea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I can see the philosophy really beginning to work, controlling games and but for a few mis-placed passes in the final 3rd we'd be disposing of sides with minimal fuss and anyone that can't see this knows nothing about football.

The defence continues to be a solid unit with another clean sheet notched up and Smalling a dominating presence as usual.

In midfield Carrick was floating around like a rhytmic gymnast and passing the ball around beautifully, get Schweinsteiger fit and well and that's 2 of the best midfielders in Europe in the side with Schneiderlinn and Herrera both excellent options.

Rooneys only coming back from injury and layed off an exquisite assist for the winning goal and almost did the same again with an outrageous pass that was only millimetres off. Imagibne what he'll do when he's a few games under his belt as we all know he's never at his sharpest after a break. Then we've got the best young player in the World in Tony Marshall set to step up again next year and then we've Rashford the best natural goalscorer since Inzaghi set foot in Italy.

The future's bright, the future's red .

:pac::D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement